Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I'm not sure. I remember seeing the Watchmen trailer with TDKR on a real IMAX screen... was that movie shown in (real) IMAX? I don't remember.
I think it's pretty specific. 'Digital IMAX' (or 'LieMAX') is projecting basically the same used in regular digital and 35mm with two projectors...so for them it'd be no different than any other theater getting trailers. For an actual real IMAX theater with the real huge reels and projector that takes up an entire floor, it'd be different because they'd have to get those trailers in same format and then splice it in, so that could make it less likely...whereas 'Digital IMAX' in itself is where you're rally 'getting screwed'.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #52
Bran-El
Side-Kick

If I were running WB's marketing department, I'd release the teaser on the official site or put it up on iTunes for purchase. You can never start marketing a movie too early. Get the word out. Personally I would be willing to pay for it. Wasn't able to make it to Comic-Con this year and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #53
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran-El View Post
If I were running WB's marketing department, I'd release the teaser on the official site or put it up on iTunes for purchase. You can never start marketing a movie too early. Get the word out. Personally I would be willing to pay for it. Wasn't able to make it to Comic-Con this year and I'm sure others feel the same way.
But you can market a film too much and be too desperate, which is also something they should guard against.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #54
Bran-El
Side-Kick

I think they can risk giving us a teaser that's already been shown at CC. Besides that the occasional set pictures and the like no harm is done. I'm not saying they need to show new footage or even release a whole lot of new stuff. Just updates in small doses helps keep the excitement going.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
It's just going to end up on youtube anyways. People aren't going to pay for it.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #56
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I'm going to see this movie Thursday night at my theatre near my house with a friend. Would you guys like me to stream The Man Of Steel Trailer on JTV for you guys? Or just record it maybe then upload to youtube?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #57
Bran-El
Side-Kick

If they put the high quality version on the official site, it would discourage bootlegs. Just my opinion. I don't see the issue with releasing it. I'd pay for an HD version. I think when studios become twitchy about taking things down that are put online, they should at least offer up an official version. It turns potential fans off.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #58
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

guys, the teaser shown at ComicCon is not the teaser with TDKR. so, why would WB release the footage, have they ever........... no

Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #59
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Why not is my question? There's always a first time for everything. It would be smart if they put it out there to generate hype. Instead everyone is flocking to watch the blurry version and drawing misconceptions due to the poor quality. I think it's silly to put together a 2 min and something teaser and then banish it to a secret vault while the bootleg floats around the internet.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #60
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Why not is my question? There's always a first time for everything. It would be smart if they put it out there to generate hype. Instead everyone is flocking to watch the blurry version and drawing misconceptions due to the poor quality. I think it's silly to put together a 2 min and something teaser and then banish it to a secret vault while the bootleg floats around the internet.
Cause the people watching those bootlegs are 99% likely to see the movie and tell all their friends it's coming anyways. The only people they need to generate buzz with is the general audience sitting in the theaters.

We nerds will push this movie if the footage looks good. No matter if it's the teaser, 1st theatrical or 2nd theatrical.

There's no need to make a special threshold like paid trailers.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #61
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Fair enough. Enjoy the bootleg guys. Call me crazy, but I'd prefer a clear official version.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #62
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Because just like any other film, the whole reason of keeping things under wraps and letting things out to their discretion is to build the anticipation for the upcoming film to their liking, and to have it's official release be as much of an event as possible. Yes, bootlegging happens, but that doesn't mean that the productions have to give in to it...if anything more measures should be taken to prevent bootlegging. The creative and marketing reasons behind exclusivity still exist and are still sound....if people are somehow annoyed that they can't get anything better than a bootleg quality of something that wasn't meant for open release yet, that's their cross to bear, not the filmmakers'.

Productions don't 'owe' people anything except for the actual movie they buy a ticket for. Aside from marketing (which again, they are dictating) anything aside from that is a courtesy, but not an obligation...so they're not depriving anyone from anything that they don't show. It's an unfortunate pack mentality borne of modern multi-media that makes one 'expect' it.

Quote:
Fair enough. Enjoy the bootleg guys. Call me crazy, but I'd prefer a clear official version.
So wait for official trailers like everyone else, and you'll get them.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #63
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
But you can market a film too much and be too desperate, which is also something they should guard against.
The movie comes out in less than a year and we have one poster and two minutes of blurry footage. I would say they are far from being in danger of over-marketing the movie.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #64
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because just like any other film, the whole reason of keeping things under wraps and letting things out to their discretion is to build the anticipation for the upcoming film to their liking, and to have it's official release be as much of an event as possible. Yes, bootlegging happens, but that doesn't mean that the productions have to give in to it...if anything more measures should be taken to prevent bootlegging. The creative and marketing reasons behind exclusivity still exist and are still sound....if people are somehow annoyed that they can't get anything better than a bootleg quality of something that wasn't meant for open release yet, that's their cross to bear, not the filmmakers'.
Okay... sorry if I said something wrong.

Quote:
Productions don't 'owe' people anything except for the actual movie they buy a ticket for. Aside from marketing (which again, they are dictating) anything aside from that is a courtesy, but not an obligation...so they're not depriving anyone from anything that they don't show. It's an unfortunate pack mentality borne of modern multi-media that makes one 'expect' it.
I wasn't implying it was an obligation. Just saying as a fan it would be nice to see it.

Quote:
So wait for official trailers like everyone else, and you'll get them.
That's what I'm doing.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #65
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Cause the people watching those bootlegs are 99% likely to see the movie and tell all their friends it's coming anyways. The only people they need to generate buzz with is the general audience sitting in the theaters.

We nerds will push this movie if the footage looks good. No matter if it's the teaser, 1st theatrical or 2nd theatrical.

There's no need to make a special threshold like paid trailers.
so true. im whoring out Mos so badly. lol

Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #66
sethypants
Banned User

yeah i agree. as fans it would be nice to have an early footage. Ill gladly pay ten bucks for the trailer. But I think it might generate bad press cos no one does that and it seems like wb is being cheap. lol.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #67
robmx522
Banned User

has anyone stumbled across a high res version yet?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #68
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
I wasn't implying it was an obligation. Just saying as a fan it would be nice to see it.
I'm sure a lot would like to see it...just as many would like to not buy a ticket and still see the movie. But they have their reasons, and some things are ultimately not in their best interest despite how happy it would make some folks.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #69
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelPopcorn View Post
The movie comes out in less than a year and we have one poster and two minutes of bootlegged footage. I would say they are far from being in danger of over-marketing the movie.
They're also far from not marketing it enough for the very same reasons.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #70
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

So, I'm not quite following the recent news. Is the teaser only playing in a few selected countries from july 20th at 2.00pm?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #71
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
So, I'm not quite following the recent news. Is the teaser only playing in a few selected countries from july 20th at 2.00pm?
No,it's being shown everywhere,but the rest of the world has to wait until the midnight Thursday screenings in the USA,it will be shown worldwide at that time,but not before.

I,m still not sure if that means the UK will have the trailers on Friday 20th?

Anyone know for sure?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #72
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

The movie doesn't have an official website yet does it?

Edit: does have a facebook page, though.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #73
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't think its gonna effect UK cinemas on the 20th as it will be shown at Midnight with the Dark Knight Rises in the US and UK cinemas are showing it from 9am on the 20th and we're only 7 hours ahead of the States. So I think we'll be getting it on Friday.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #74
Mr. Thing
HAHAHAHA no.

Does anyone know if they're showing the teaser with the specific IMAX theatres in the UK? I'm off to the Glasgow IMAX to see TDKR on the Saturday. Never really go there much, so unsure if they have trailers with the features.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #75
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thing View Post
Does anyone know if they're showing the teaser with the specific IMAX theatres in the UK? I'm off to the Glasgow IMAX to see TDKR on the Saturday. Never really go there much, so unsure if they have trailers with the features.
Is it a true IMAX?

Closed Thread