As true as they come I think, yes.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #77
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thing View Post
As true as they come I think, yes.
Then I don't know if they actually play trailers on the main projection system since it's such a premium format. They did play the 'TDKR Prologue' in IMAX theaters, but that may have been a special case. I haven't been to an IMAX in quite a while, so I can't remember if they played trailers then.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #78
Astrodust
Side-Kick

I really don't think this announcement trailer is going to show much but it should show enough to get the GA excited.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #79
Junfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
I really don't think this announcement trailer is going to show much but it should show enough to get the GA excited.
The Comic Con trailer showed quite a bit of footage, I'm assuming the teaser is going to be different from that trailer and possibly have less footage so I hope a better copy of the Comic Con trailer pops up.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #80
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junfan View Post
The Comic Con trailer showed quite a bit of footage, I'm assuming the teaser is going to be different from that trailer and possibly have less footage so I hope a better copy of the Comic Con trailer pops up.
Unless lightning strikes twice like it did with Thor's comic con footage (pun not intended.lol), people shouldn't expect to see the Comic Con trailer at all in HD quality.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #81
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
I'd say it's the other way around! We, superman fans could get excited over one shot of him flying and smashing someone, I believe. But the General Audience will probably roll their eyes over something like that! They would be thinking, "ah jeez! ANOTHER superman movie!? So what is this, exactly? A reboot? Or some weird flashback thingy film related to that disappointing Superman returns flick?"
The fact is that it really is kinda "meh" that this teaser trailer is only 1:27 minutes long! There's obviously plenty of footage to show off, judging from what was seen at the Con. And even though I get that those people attending of course should get something extra we other mortals won't get, but only hear about, I still think it sucks that this teaser is so damn short! Snyder him self calls the upcoming teaser an "announcement teaser". Just like the teaser for The Hobbit was called an "announcement teaser" - and that one was freaken 2:25 minutes long!!! Howcome Superman doesn't get something like that!? God knows it needs the hype more then The Hobbit does! Even the special MOS footage shown at the Con was only like 2 minutes, but it seemed incredible, to say the least! Saw the blurry camcorder, and even though everything was so fuzzy, you could still easily feel the HUGE epic impact it gave off! And the music (even though from The Thin Red Line, seeing how Hans Zimmer hasn't even begun on the score yet) was so incredibly fitting, hugely epic and beautiful! They should just release that footage as the teaser, instead! THAT'S what I call an announcement teaser!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #82
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junfan View Post
There won't be a better copy, otherwise it would have been posted by now. Anyway, that's still not the way to go about it. Snyder is (sorry) dumb to NOT just release that footage shown at the con! Give that to the Imax and theaters. Have that play in front of Rises! That's an announcement teaser bound to get the GA's attention! A little 1:27 minute teaser, I don't think will cut it... it sucks.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #83
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
There won't be a better copy, otherwise it would have been posted by now. Anyway, that's still not the way to go about it. Snyder is (sorry) dumb because he's NOT just releasing that footage at the con to the theaters and have it play in front of Rises. That's an announcement teaser that's bound to get the GA's attention! A little 1:27 minute teaser I don't think will cut it... it sucks.
To be fair, there are a lot more people calling the shots in a film's marketing than just the director. To blame Snyder for any course of action you disagree with during the film's campaign is really unfair. Also, wouldn't it make sense to wait until you've seen both the Comic Con teaser and the official one going up this weekend before passing judgement on how rousing and attention-getting the latter is?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #84
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
To be fair, there are a lot more people calling the shots in a film's marketing than just the director. To blame Snyder for any course of action you disagree with during the film's campaign is really unfair. Also, wouldn't it make sense to wait until you've seen both the Comic Con teaser and the official one going up this weekend before passing judgement on how rousing and attention-getting the latter is?
I'm sorry?? Am I reading correctly? You don't mean to say that the comic-con footage will also officially be released online, do ya?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #85
Super Kal
Side-Kick

any details on when this teaser trailer will be officially released?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #86
Naite22
Side-Kick

^ On the 20'th...

Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #87
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
I'm sorry?? Am I reading correctly? You don't mean to say that the comic-con footage will also officially be released online, do ya?
No, what I'm saying is, you haven't seen the official teaser yet, and you've maybe seen the Comic Con piece, albeit in crappy bootleg form. Therefore, wouldn't the sensible thing be to wait until you've seen both before bashing the official one as not better than the other?

My opinion is, though, that we could very well see the Con piece online by October. Just a hunch.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #88
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Then it'll probably go online the Monday the 23rd. I can't wait till we an start analyzing screencaps.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #89
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is, you haven't seen the official teaser yet, and you've maybe seen the Comic Con piece, albeit in crappy bootleg form. Therefore, wouldn't the sensible thing be to wait until you've seen both before bashing the official one as not better than the other?

My opinion is, though, that we could very well see the Con piece online by October. Just a hunch.
I just don't hope they will be using 15 seconds alone on showing the WarnerBros/DC/Legendary Logos, as they usually do, just for filler... cause nobody cares, and it takes up too much of the trailers running time. Just look at the teaser for SR. but ok, I'll hold out and see what they have in store.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #90
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
I just don't hope they will be using 15 seconds alone on showing the WarnerBros/DC/Legendary Logos, as they usually do, just for filler... cause nobody cares, and it takes up too much of the trailers running time. Just look at the teaser for SR. but ok, I'll hold out and see what they have in store.
Don't forget SYNCOPY.

The logos won't run 15 seconds. I know you want the most bang for your buck, believe me, I do, too... but just remember, it's just the first (official) trailer. There will be more, and eventually the movie will come out, and this will all be in the past.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #91
Naite22
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Don't forget SYNCOPY.

The logos won't run 15 seconds. I know you want the most bang for your buck, believe me, I do, too... but just remember, it's just the first (official) trailer. There will be more, and eventually the movie will come out, and this will all be in the past.
But...but. But The Hobbit still got a 2:25 minute announcement teaser, jumping right into it... Supes deserved the same Hope this 1:27 teaser makes an impression

Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #92
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
But...but. But The Hobbit still got a 2:25 minute announcement teaser, jumping right into it... Supes deserved the same Hope this 1:27 teaser makes an impression
Not fair, I know. At least not to us, the fans. The campaign has to appeal to not just us, but people who aren't aware of and already eagerly anticipating a new Superman film, and it may be that the best first step for that is a shorter teaser.

I still really love the Superman Returns teaser, and that teaser had a roughly 1:33 runtime. Not much longer than we're getting for Man of Steel, and yet I found that teaser to be a beautiful piece of work. I'm confident that that run time shouldn't be high on our list of concerns.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #93
robmx522
Banned User

superman returns teaser was better then the whole movie

Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #94
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
superman returns teaser was better then the whole movie
Let it go, man. Just let it go!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #95
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

NEVAH!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Okay.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #96
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

If WB/Legendary do upload their CC-footage I dont think it'll be anytime soon. Probably not until next year.

Have WB/Legendary ever uploaded any of their CC-footage in the past?

What movies/companies have officially uploaded their CC-footage before?

Old 07-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #97
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Have WB/Legendary ever uploaded any of their CC-footage in the past?

What movies/companies have officially uploaded their CC-footage before?
None that I know of. I remember on how for SR, we got glimpses of the footage shown at CC due to the web journals that Bryan Singer was doing during the pre production phase of SR.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #98
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Right. I wish Snyder would've done video-blogs for MOS like he did with Watchmen. Great way to keep the interest. Of course, Watchmen wasnt a well known property like Superman.

Hell, Jackson did it with The Hobbit as well. I wonder why this is not a more common thing.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #99
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Unless lightning strikes twice like it did with Thor's comic con footage (pun not intended.lol), people shouldn't expect to see the Comic Con trailer at all in HD quality.

Something close to what was seen at CC will be shown in December (footage around 2:15 to 2:25), with much more footage of Zod I may add, and a sleight glimps of Mo-Cap to get your gears going.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #100
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope something from this year's promotion, whether it be footage or trailers confirms as to whether Zod and Faora will be on their own on Earth or if those Mo-Cap men will actually be characters serving them in the film..that's been one of the biggest mysteries for me so far regarding the film.lol

Closed Thread