The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #451
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Old 02-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #452
Loki882
Side-Kick

"You could say that Falcon got his wings clipped."

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #453
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

That shot of WS pulling Falcon down has so much win in it. I think the big winner in the new trailers and TV spot are Falcon since we got to see him so often in them.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #454
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
From the little we've seen of Falcon, I'm already more in love with him than Hawkeye.

Seems more useful for The Avengers, too.
Being an old timer this post makes me think back to when The Falcon first joined The Avengers because the government made them take him and cut Hawkeye.

Hawkeye was pissed at Sam for a long time because of that.

Last edited by Marvel; 02-03-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #455
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
That shot of WS pulling Falcon down has so much win in it. I think the big winner in the new trailers and TV spot are Falcon since we got to see him so often in them.
Yup. For months I'd been fearing it would be all about Cap and Widow, with Falcon sort of there for the ride. But I'm now thinking they're doing good in bringing Steve and Sam's epic bromance to the screen.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #456
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
It makes sense they're built my the genus of this movie world, being based off his own beautiful product (IM suit).
Not it isn't. Do you see an arc-reactor?

Unless it's because he has a jetpack, in which case, no. Tony Stark did not invent jet propulsion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Tony designing Falcon's wings would make sense and be a progression from where he was at the end of IM3. The whole point of that movie was that TONY was the hero and the armor was simply a tool. He didn't really need it to help people. Him designing tech/equipment for other heroes fits nicely with that idea.
Tony Stark's storyline progression belongs in Iron Man movies. Whatever point Iron Man 3 had to make is irrelevant to the Captain America franchise.

What bugs me about the flight harness being a Stark invention is that its akin to the movie saying, "This new guy is Sam Wilson, he's cool. But you remember who else is cool? Tony Stark."

Then you've got the fact that in the Ultimates, Ultimate Sam Wilson, a brilliant Afro-American scientist invented it.

In 616, T'Challa, a brilliant African did.

Who creates in in the movie? A white dude.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #457
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Falcon vs Winter Soldier? That's Badass!

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #458
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Not it isn't. Do you see an arc-reactor?

Unless it's because he has a jetpack, in which case, no. Tony Stark did not invent jet propulsion.

Tony Stark's storyline progression belongs in Iron Man movies. Whatever point Iron Man 3 had to make is irrelevant to the Captain America franchise.

What bugs me about the flight harness being a Stark invention is that its akin to the movie saying, "This new guy is Sam Wilson, he's cool. But you remember who else is cool? Tony Stark."

Then you've got the fact that in the Ultimates, Ultimate Sam Wilson, a brilliant Afro-American scientist invented it.

In 616, T'Challa, a brilliant African did.

Who creates in in the movie? A white dude.
Bingo.
Having Falcon's wings be Starktech is racist, man.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #459
#root
Side-Kick

Falcon looks awesome!!!

#root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #460
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Falcon is total love in these last two trailers. He's getting some epic moments. I am desperate to see his showdown with WS!

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #461
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

This Falcon is funky. Simply cool to look at.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #462
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

This looks like it's going to be a fantastic showdown!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #463
Loki882
Side-Kick

How does Tony designing the flight harness take away from this movie at all. It's not like they'll be bringing him up every five seconds. It's one cool little nod that a lot of people missed (because it's subtle). It's no different than the name drop in Thor, no big deal.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #464
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Stark Industries does not mean that Tony himself built or even designed it. The company does have other smart people working there.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #465
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
How does Tony designing the flight harness take away from this movie at all. It's not like they'll be bringing him up every five seconds. It's one cool little nod that a lot of people missed (because it's subtle). It's no different than the name drop in Thor, no big deal.
After Winter Soldier yanks him to the ground it'll cut to Tony, watching on a monitor for some reason. "Damn it." Then move on.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #466
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
As I said, it draws attention away from the character in favor of another character that is hardly overlooked.

It won't ruin the movie for me, but it is a detail I'd sooner do without.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 02-03-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #467
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Id like to know how he can control the wings...could they be attached to him neurally? Like he controls them with his mind some how? Instead of a psychic connection to his pet Hawk I guess that could work....somehow.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #468
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Id like to know how he can control the wings...could they be attached to him neurally? Like he controls them with his mind some how? Instead of a psychic connection to his pet Hawk I guess that could work....somehow.
My guess is motion sensors that track his arm movements. Presumably, he has an autopilot function that enables him to fire his guns and catch a falling Cap.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #469
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
My guess is motion sensors that track his arm movements. Presumably, he has an autopilot function that enables him to fire his guns and catch a falling Cap.
I like that Idea, they don't need to explain it for me to buy it though just happy he looks awesome, but would be cool to get a line about it.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #470
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
As I said, it draws attention away from the character in favor of another character that is hardly overlooked.

It won't ruin the movie for me, but it is a detail I'd sooner do without.
No it doesn't. It's a split-second nod that a lot of people might not even catch. It doesn't take the focus off of anything.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #471
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Yes it does...because if Sam Wilson had a hand in creating them himself it gives his character more depth. it makes him more special

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #472
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Yes it does...because if Sam Wilson had a hand in creating them himself it gives his character more depth. it makes him more special
i'm looking at those clips and he looks pretty damn special, already.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #473
ironman29758
Side-Kick

The Falcon looks awesome. I like that they went the Ultimate Sam Wilson wrapped with it. I like his flight scenes. This could be one of the best marvel movies of 2014.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #474
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
No it doesn't. It's a split-second nod that a lot of people might not even catch. It doesn't take the focus off of anything.
We don't know if its a split second nod or if Sam takes a moment to gush about how great Stark's product is.

But even if it is a split second nod, it still does nothing for me.

After four movies, I don't need to be reminded that Tony exists and he's clever.

It would be a far better easter egg if that wing harness is a product of Wakanda. That would be something new, at least.

Plus, Stark Industries producing the wings begs the question of why there aren't more agents who wear wings.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #475
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

I'm totally cool with the idea of him designing and maybe even putting together the jetpack wings all by himself. That way it's his, not only his staple in combat but his own idea.

But a jetpack needs one hell of a power source if it's going to stay in the air for more than 10 seconds. :P That being said, I don't really see him having an arc reactor per say. Maybe something smaller, like an arc battery? Tony's now in the energy business, it would make sense for him to distribute things that contribute to clean, super efficient energy. Just nothing on the reactor level because then you run the risk of having murder bots at every corner.

So how's that for a compromise? Let Sam own the wing design, but slap a Stark logo on the power source to explain how it functions.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote