The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #476
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Not it isn't. Do you see an arc-reactor?

Unless it's because he has a jetpack, in which case, no. Tony Stark did not invent jet propulsion.

Tony Stark's storyline progression belongs in Iron Man movies. Whatever point Iron Man 3 had to make is irrelevant to the Captain America franchise.

What bugs me about the flight harness being a Stark invention is that its akin to the movie saying, "This new guy is Sam Wilson, he's cool. But you remember who else is cool? Tony Stark."

Then you've got the fact that in the Ultimates, Ultimate Sam Wilson, a brilliant Afro-American scientist invented it.

In 616, T'Challa, a brilliant African did.

Who creates in in the movie? A white dude.
Heeere we go...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #477
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Went back a few pages and saw source of drama.

Last edited by Gr0oT; 02-04-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #478
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

For me it's not about undermining anyone so much as I've just had enough Tony Stark to last me a few lifetimes. He's like the constantly quipping edgy dude at the party that can't stand to go two minutes without everyones attention and consequently won't ever shut the **** up.

We get it Marvel, RDJ is wicked cool and made you a bazillion dollars. Doesn't mean you have to cram a mention of him into every single film. Sometimes less is more.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #479
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Now that we are into Phase 2 he doesn't seem to be referred to that much.
I actually can't remember anything in TDW or AoS.

Hey, maybe Wilson designed them but Tony built them?

Last edited by Gr0oT; 02-04-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #480
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
For me it's not about undermining anyone so much as I've just had enough Tony Stark to last me a few lifetimes. He's like the constantly quipping edgy dude at the party that can't stand to go two minutes without everyones attention and consequently won't ever shut the **** up.

We get it Marvel, RDJ is wicked cool and made you a bazillion dollars. Doesn't mean you have to cram a mention of him into every single film. Sometimes less is more.
But for several posters to be having a hissy-fit over some as innocuous as a Stark Industries on Falcon's wings is just stupid at this point since there could be any number of logical reasons for it to be on the wings.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 AM   #481
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

"hissy fit" seems a little extreme. Nobody's going on a rampage.

But I see the point. Is Stark the ONLY tech genius in the MCU? Let someone else share the spotlight for a change.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #482
marcvader
Lurker #1

What if he did put the wings togethet cobbled from different components one of them bein Stark Industries and didnt bother to remove the label or stamp. We dont know the context yet though i have had it with Stark Industries mentions for some time now. There is other tech out there.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #483
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
But for several posters to be having a hissy-fit over some as innocuous as a Stark Industries on Falcon's wings is just stupid at this point since there could be any number of logical reasons for it to be on the wings.
Dunno if it was directed at me, but I wasn't having a hissy fit; just agreeing with Bull that comic-book canon would not only be better for Sam Wilson, but for a little more of a nod to diversity. Both the 616 and Ultimate versions of the wings were designed by black men, so it'd be a slap in the face to both diversity *and* canon to take that away.

That being said: is a Stark logo actually *on* the wings in the trailer? I haven't seen any screencaps to that effect. Anybody got an HD shot of that?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #484
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

As I.mentioned before, just because the harness has a SI logo on it doesn't mean Stark actually designed it himself. Or maybe its the energy source that's stark tech and the rest was designed by Sam or a SI slash Shield scientist/engineer. We don't know yet so every one should chillax for now.

I do get the Tony Stark fatigue though. But a nod to SI doesn't bother me at this point.

My suspicion is that marvel is aware of the whole diversity thing and will make T'Challa the next big MCU smartypants. As RDJ eases his way out the door they'll need a new genius. The trick is t maximize BP's chance of success with the GA and the fans by hiring the right creative team and an actor that will be plausible and have broad appeal. Not an easy task.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 02-04-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #485
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Dunno if it was directed at me, but I wasn't having a hissy fit; just agreeing with Bull that comic-book canon would not only be better for Sam Wilson, but for a little more of a nod to diversity. Both the 616 and Ultimate versions of the wings were designed by black men, so it'd be a slap in the face to both diversity *and* canon to take that away.

That being said: is a Stark logo actually *on* the wings in the trailer? I haven't seen any screencaps to that effect. Anybody got an HD shot of that?
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular but I think hissy-fit was a bit strong there so I apologize if anyone was offended. I just don't like complaining without first having some context to that item.

As for the Stark logo, it was seen by a writer for Entertainment Weekly on their visit to the set. I'm not sure if they'll focus on it during the actual film so we'll have to see how (or if) it works into the film.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #486
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Falcon flies. This is cool. The end

Old 02-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #487
Marathon
Side-Kick

I'm not a fan of Falcon, yet even I'd be disappointed if that Stark Industries rumor becomes true.

Iron Man / Stark has become the Foxverine equivalent of the MCU. Saturation point reached?

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #488
Loki882
Side-Kick

Except that that's simply not true. He had his movie in Phase 2. But he wasn't in TDW (I don't even recall him being mentioned) and he's not in TWS and he certainly won't be in GOTG (and most likely won't even be mentioned given that movie's setting). He isn't even referenced all that much in AOS. Sorry, but I'm not seeing where the "Tony Stark is everywhere" oversaturation argument is coming from.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #489
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Except that that's simply not true. He had his movie in Phase 2. But he wasn't in TDW (I don't even recall him being mentioned) and he's not in TWS and he certainly won't be in GOTG (and most likely won't even be mentioned given that movie's setting). He isn't even referenced all that much in AOS. Sorry, but I'm not seeing where the "Tony Stark is everywhere" oversaturation argument is coming from.
While at this particular moment he's "only" in IM3 but if you account for the entire MCU so far which is what people stating are probably talking about, not just phase 2 since there are only 2 movies out, then yes, he is the most over exposed in the MCU. It had been rumored that Stark might have a cameo in GotG back in the day but that was only rumor.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #490
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Stark Industries does not mean that Tony himself built or even designed it. The company does have other smart people working there.
This. I don't know why people are so worked up over this. It says they have a Stark Industries stamp on them but that doesn't mean Tony created them.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #491
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I'm not seeing where the "Tony Stark is everywhere" oversaturation argument is coming from.
It's because every minute of RDJ smugly quipping away onscreen is the equivalent of a ten to fifteen minute appearance for any other actor.

It's like the difference between eating a cookie, and eating a huge slice of chocolate cake, soaked in maple syrup and dipped in powdered sugar and then washing it down with a gallon of Mountain Dew.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #492
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So did Stark invent the Falcon harness or not?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #493
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
It's like the difference between eating a cookie, and eating a huge slice of chocolate cake, soaked in maple syrup and dipped in powdered sugar and then washing it down with a gallon of Mountain Dew.
If you keep *****ing about how I prepare meals to everyone I'm going to stop inviting you to dinner.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #494
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
If you keep *****ing about how I prepare meals to everyone I'm going to stop inviting you to dinner.
My arteries are clogging just reading your post!

HighFivingMF's entire recipe book:

Quote:
Ingredients
Lard
Sugar
anything else

Directions
throw ingredients in a bowl
shake
stick it in the oven for awhile if you feel up to it, otherwise don't worry about it
serve

Serves 2-10
kill ratio 100%

Old 02-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #495
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Hey, I like pepperonis too.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #496
Marathon
Side-Kick

Pepperony.

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #497
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Wow, we've finally passed through the "obtuse fanboy contrarianism" rubicon where people actually hate Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark and think his contribution to the MCU is somehow a BAD thing. I thought this day would never come, but past experience should have taught me that no sacred cow is untouchable.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #498
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to state my own opinion on things without someone else coming along to put words in my mouth and blow it all out of proportion.

I don't remember saying anything about "hating" RDJ or saying that his contribution was a "bad thing" but obviously you know my own thoughts even better than I do or you wouldn't have presumed such things.

I'll be sure and have my people consult with your people the next time I post, just to make sure everything meets with your approval beforehand. Surely you would find it easier to exaggerate what I've said with 24 hours notice?

Is that alright?

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 02-06-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #499
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to state my own opinion on things without someone else coming along to put words in my mouth and blow it all out of proportion.

I don't remember saying anything about "hating" RDJ or saying that his contribution was a "bad thing" but obviously you know my own thoughts even better than I do or you wouldn't have presumed such things.

I'll be sure and have my people consult with your people the next time I post, just to make sure everything meets with your approval beforehand. Surely you would find it easier to exaggerate what I've said with 24 hours notice?

Is that alright?
Oh, you're perfectly free to state your opinion. Just as I'm perfectly free to roll my eyes at it.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #500
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Oh, you're perfectly free to state your opinion. Just as I'm perfectly free to roll my eyes at it.
Well, I wouldn't want you strain yourself, Captain Condescending. Maybe you can point out some of these posts that have wounded you so deeply? Should I write an apology letter to RDJ? Do you think he cries himself to sleep every night because some lone fan doesn't think he needs to be shoehorned into every single film?