The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #576
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Falcon

I do hope the poor guy gets some kind of armor. With just a t shirt the dude is a sitting duck... er, falcon.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:51 PM   #577
Bren
Forevernoob

Will suspend disbelief for supercool-looking characters.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:53 AM   #578
MysticRain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOZZTT View Post
Not as epic as the fanart, but still very cool.
So true.

MysticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:28 AM   #579
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

First Hawkeye gets a blah costume,now Falcon.

Can't any character with an avian inspired name catch a break?

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 AM   #580
fixxxer
Side-Kick

His 616 costume would make exactly zero sense in the MCU. I'm extremely pleased with what we got.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #581
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

One of the best modern movie updates so far IMO.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #582
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I just wish they added some crimson red in places. I understand the whole black ops/special ops look they're going for from the Ultimate universe, I just would have appreciated if the see through sings were red lense looking instead of sunglass looking. Red stripes on the 'feathers' and goggles is not enough to me.

But overall I'm happy with the look and the actor.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #583
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yeah it's kinda sad that Mackie talked about his love for the character and wanting his kids or whatever to be able to dress up as him for halloween, but what kid is gunna want to dress up as Winged-Soldier-guy??

between this costume and WM, black kids who want to be superheroes kinda get the shaft come October

That said, this look should work better for the movie, both logically and tonally

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #584
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah it's kinda sad that Mackie talked about his love for the character and wanting his kids or whatever to be able to dress up as him for halloween, but what kid is gunna want to dress up as Winged-Soldier-guy??

between this costume and WM, black kids who want to be superheroes kinda get the shaft come October

That said, this look should work better for the movie, both logically and tonally
Well the Iron Patriot costume is rather BAMF if you ask me. But yeah, I understand what you're saying LOL!

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #585
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

You're kidding, right? The Falcon looks so badass that a lot of little boys would probably love to dress up as him for Halloween. Can you imagine how fun it would be to wear a winged jet pack and run around pretending to fly?

My only concern would be some kids jumping out of trees or off roofs with their cool Falcon wings and learning the sad lessons of gravity like a few of my brothers and other male relatives did back in the day. One cousin thought he could play Batman and his cape would support his "glide" off the barn roof just like in the movies. A broken leg and six weeks in a cast taught him better.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #586
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I dunno, I was never a big army dress up type kid when I was little

But can you really say that putting on some camo pants and a backpack is as fun as wearing a cape and a big hammer? Superhero costumes are way more fun than military costumes! and Falcon's costume is barely superhero-y. He makes Hawkeye look like Donner Superman in comparison.

and again, I'm not trying to talk trash on the costume, it looks fine, I just think it's sad that if some kids want to dress as superheroes, their options are to wear military gear, or be second-string Iron Man (or have douchey kids comment on their race all day)

Last edited by BoredGuy; 02-26-2014 at 04:40 PM.
BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #587
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I just don't see the logic in the black camo look when (at least judging by the trailer) all his action is seen during the day.If they changed the red parts of his costume to blue,it would even make sense,but black?How does that protect/disguise him?

It's the X-Men effect all over again."We can't justify 'color' in a uniform,so just make it generic black and line it with the color it was supposed to have."

We are T. H. E. M.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #588
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:

But can you really say that putting on some camo pants and a backpack is as fun as wearing a cape and a big hammer? Superhero costumes are way more fun than military costumes! and Falcon's costume is barely superhero-y. He makes Hawkeye look like Donner Superman in comparison.

and again, I'm not trying to talk trash on the costume, it looks fine, I just think it's sad that if some kids want to dress as superheroes, their options are to wear military gear, or be second-string Iron Man (or have douchey kids comment on their race all day)

Yeah,Falcon was always my favorite black superhero when I was a kid.He had a cool power and he was uncle to Jim Wilson,(being a big Hulk fan,that was a big deal!)And he didn't have the stigma of being labeled a"rip off" character like War Machine.He was pretty unique.

We are T. H. E. M.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #589
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

That's okay. Black kids can be Django, as Electro.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #590
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

yeah, it sucks. but, as an adult who loves Halloween, i have no complaints. people never really warn you that wearing spandex and the underwear on the outside look can make even a confident person self-conscious.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #591
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I just don't see the logic in the black camo look when (at least judging by the trailer) all his action is seen during the day.If they changed the red parts of his costume to blue,it would even make sense,but black?How does that protect/disguise him?

It's the X-Men effect all over again."We can't justify 'color' in a uniform,so just make it generic black and line it with the color it was supposed to have."
Falcon's costume isn't black in any of the images or in the trailers. In at least one promo image it has a blue color scheme but that isn't reflected in footage from the film. The camouflage coloring makes perfect sense if you consider that an enemy viewing Falcon from above, against the terrain below, would see him blend in with the background. A pilot could easily lose sight of a 6' man in those conditions. That's why the military paints some of its planes and helicopters in camo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_camouflage

When the Falcon is flying over 100 mph he will be hard to track visually against the terrain beneath him. That gives him a tactical advantage when being pursued by jets and helicopters (or Helicarriers). The red-and-white uniform from the comics would stand out against the ground like a sore thumb. The Falcon is a small enough moving target to be very nearly impossible to hit from the ground when he's high in the sky, making the camouflage a moot point in that situation.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #592
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The reason for the camo is that it's what Wilson wore as part of the Air Force and the suit is still highly connected to his time in the service. Mackie has said this is basically Falcon 1.0 and his suit will change should he appear in future movies, going more towards the black leather look of Ultimate Falcon.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #593
fixxxer
Side-Kick

I think kids gravitate towards what looks cool. I don't think that necessarily correlates to the brightest costume. Falcon's ensemble is about the coolest thing I've seen in a superhero property in a while. Kids will respond to it. Very favorably.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #594
Six
Six Six Six

Why are his legs so tiny? Is there really any logical reason behind it? Why couldn't they use the actual picture of Mackie and put it on a nice background, why do they have to mess with proportions?!?

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 AM   #595
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

His legs don't look tiny.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:03 AM   #596
Six
Six Six Six

Old 02-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #597
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Next you'll be claiming Mackie looks malnourish and need to eat a burger.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #598
Six
Six Six Six

No I'm just laughing at the fact that they just had to get his whole body in the shot, so they just shrink down his legs to be smaller than his arms... I mean come on.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #599
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

That totally explains the odd look of the crotch area by it being stretched or whatever they did. Thanks

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #600
Six
Six Six Six

It just boggles my mind. My dad and sister are artists and if I paid them to photoshop something for me and it turned out like that I would tell them to do it again. Yet Marvel takes these things and puts them in theatres and the person presumably gets paid for it? They put so much money into these movies, so why are they so lenient when it comes to bad proportions on posters?