The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #751
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Default Re: The Falcon

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone in the production commented on why they changed Falcon's costume? Like, when we first started seeing set pics and concept art, he looked like this:

But, in the final film, we got something a little more form-fitting and, well, easier on the eyes.

BTW, seeing Falcon fly was incredibly badass. All the suit needed was a bit of red, but Mackie made him so damn likable, I'd much rather have Falcon in AOU than War Machine.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 AM   #752
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I really like how the first time we see him in his wingsuit is him catching Sitwell after BW kicked him off the building. It was such a bad-a** reveal/introduction.
When I saw that I thought, "Aw, ****! That's all she wrote for Sitwell!" because I forgot about Sam being with Steve & Natasha. When the Falcon swooped up with the sniveling Jasper in his clutches I burst out laughing.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #753
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone in the production commented on why they changed Falcon's costume? Like, when we first started seeing set pics and concept art, he looked like this:

But, in the final film, we got something a little more form-fitting and, well, easier on the eyes.

BTW, seeing Falcon fly was incredibly badass. All the suit needed was a bit of red, but Mackie made him so damn likable, I'd much rather have Falcon in AOU than War Machine.

This is what I've been asking but no-one gave an answer before. I was wondering if we did see any scene like this where he wore this bulky outfit. I'm glad he didn't though but was just in the T-shirt in the end. He could've been in a white T-shirt though with some red combat pants just to be more faithful to the comic costume.

I hope he gets the classic colour scheme for his next appearance.

Also, I preferred Falcon to War Machine too. Mackie could even have played WM - he's actually more similar to the comic book Rhodey than Don Cheadle, and more what I picture Rhodey to be like.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #754
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
This is what I've been asking but no-one gave an answer before. I was wondering if we did see any scene like this where he wore this bulky outfit. I'm glad he didn't though but was just in the T-shirt in the end. He could've been in a white T-shirt though with some red combat pants just to be more faithful to the comic costume.

I hope he gets the classic colour scheme for his next appearance.

Also, I preferred Falcon to War Machine too. Mackie could even have played WM - he's actually more similar to the comic book Rhodey than Don Cheadle, and more what I picture Rhodey to be like.
Yeah, there were some reshoots I believe, so maybe it happened then. They probably looked at that one and said it was way too bulky.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #755
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Falcon was awesome,I hope he wears a red type of suit the next time we see him.Maybe he is wearing red pajama bottoms when he quickly puts on his wings to either escape from danger,or to help captain america.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #756
Leafy
Side-Kick

I loved Falcon in this movie, and really wish we didn't have to wait two more years to see him again.
When I saw the movie again last night, the audience loved him too- they kept cheering at every awesome thing he said and did (and there are many.)

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #757
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It seems a bit mad to leave him out of A:AOU considering he has been very popular. A lot of the general audience think of the Avengers movies as simply a coming together of all the popular heroes in one movie. They should play on that and have Falcon. He would fit into the plot too since he was Cap's partner. Plus they need their black superhero, and one who is more interesting than War Machine.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #758
MysticRain
Side-Kick

I hope we see him in A:AOU as well, even for a brief scene or two. Mackie is a great addition to the MCU.

MysticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #759
Raiden
What a bunch of...

I won't mind if they put Falcon in a mid-credit scene. I think Whedon will make a mistake if he leaves Falcon out of AOU entirely.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #760
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Mackie is a treasure - on and off screen.

Doing superhero charades at the Marvel offices

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/4...anthony_mackie

TalismanRing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #761
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Everyone cracked up at Wilson's line on Pre-Crossbones because honestly it's pretty much the first thing we'd all say with someone monologing at us. Nothing fancy just straight up:

"Man, shut the hell up."
Exactly, I know I laughed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
I agree that I would've liked to see more of the fight with Rumlow. Though I loved how they cut from it after he says, "Shut the hell up." and they both go in for the punch. Such a cool cut.
Yup, that was executed perfectly

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #762
Ant-manic
Banned User

i finally figured out why i instantly liked Mackie's Falcon. he's from the same area of Lousiana as my parents (and extended family). his brother might have worked with my uncle, as well; pre-Katrina.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #763
Angryfantasyfan
Side-Kick

Since they've already announced Cap 3, I'd rather Falcon only have a mention in Age of Ultron. Falcon and Agent 13 being exclusive to Cap's solo movies makes the sequel more appealing.

Angryfantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #764
Raiden
What a bunch of...

I've been thinking about Falcon and what Marvel's plan for him after TWS. I think Anthony Mackie is a charismatic and an incredible actor, and his chemistry with Chris Evans was fantastic. But I do think that his power (jet pack with metallic wings) made him seemed like a poor man's Iron Man, and without the repulsor weaponry and other arsenals to make him stand out. I hope the Russo Bros. already have something special planned for him in Cap 3, but here're my ideas how to make Falcon more complementary to Cap and even viable down the line as a solo hero instead of a sidekick.

I think the solution is Red Hawk.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Okay, it's not actually Red Hawk, but R.E.D.H.A.W.K. As a Stark Industries creation, it is a robotic bird which can project a holographic imagery of a hawk to mask its true identity. And as Falcon's companion, it can do numerous things, such as:

-Links with Falcon's goggles to show him what it sees.
-Connects with Stark's spy satellite to help locate hideouts, acts as GPS, etc.
-Can fly like a mini rocket to keep up with Falcon.
-Has talons and beak to be used as deadly weapons against enemies.
-Communicates with Falcon via AI like JARVIS for Iron Man.

I think this idea can not only make MCU Falcon seems a bit more faithful to the source material, but like JARVIS it will be much more practical for the cinematic universe that Falcon lives in. What do you think?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #765
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Your ideas for Red Hawk would be a welcome addition. I also wouldn't mind his arsenal being boosted somehow. Either give him better guns or maybe adapt the hard light wings somehow and allow him to fling them like daggers. Could have some tech talk between him and Stark to get the upgrades off the ground (haha punny), so the technology is justified, and we see that Sam at least has some input in the design, if not 100% creditable for the blueprints (leaving Stark to be the one that manufactures and powers it).

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #766
p4poetic
Side-Kick

I feel like Falcon didn't have as much screen time as I was expecting (or hoped?) Perhaps it was the strong media push that fooled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i finally figured out why i instantly liked Mackie's Falcon. he's from the same area of Lousiana as my parents (and extended family). his brother might have worked with my uncle, as well; pre-Katrina.
For some reason I would have never guessed he was from the south.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #767
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I was immensely pleased with the Falcon in TWS and look forward to seeing more of him in the future

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #768
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think Mackie is the new Will Smith.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote