The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 08-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #51
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Default Re: The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
LMAO you did a complete 180 on that song.
After I typed that I decided to listen to the song again,and I realized how ridiculous it sounded.I don't think I ever changed my opinion on a song so quick.lol

Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #52
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

You're talking about La La La right?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #53
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Yeah,Once Snoop kicked in I did a

Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #54
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
Yeah,Once Snoop kicked in I did a

"And I suppose that you never know ohhhh, you reap what you sow! can block a con't when the peas donfie grow. Nooooo"

Um what?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #55
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Just listened to it for the first time... La La La? More like "Nah... nah. Nah." That's all I could say after hearing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
After I typed that I decided to listen to the song again,and I realized how ridiculous it sounded.I don't think I ever changed my opinion on a song so quick.lol
After hearing it, I wholeheartedly agree... and the Eric Andre show is hilarious btw lol.

Quote:

"And I suppose that you never know ohhhh, you reap what you sow! can block a con't when the peas donfie grow. Nooooo"

Um what?
That GIF makes it even funnier. Yeah, Snoop... You do reap what you sow, and what you're sowing right now is just wrong.

No one could have foreseen this **** coming from Snoop in the 90's.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #56
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

That Snoop GIF is just

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
After hearing it, I wholeheartedly agree... and the Eric Andre show is hilarious btw lol.
Yeah the song is a mess ,and I love the Eric Andre Show That's my current obsession.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #57
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I like Eric Andre's sidekick that looks exactly like Elzhi. He's the funniest part of the show for me.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #58
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Yeah Hannibal is pretty funny.The Tatyana Ali interview was the funniest imo.She looked legit scared.lol The Sinbad interview was great too.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #59
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Hm... Supposedly, Wayne's putting his rapping on hold in order to focus his attention on skateboarding.

Quote:
"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle. In order to be fully committed you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap is taking a backseat to skating. I believe my fans deserve some peace from me. I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."
Source

Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #60
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

he's doing us all a favor

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #61
Maximus One
Oddball

This new Kristoff Krane cd fanfaronade is dope

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #62
Blackman
C'mon Son

You know who I miss making big mainstream albums? Twista. Slow Jamz just came on my iTunes and it had me thinking when was the was the last time I heard his song being played a lot was Girl Tonight. I mean his recent verse on World Wide Choppers>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else on that track
I wish he'd sign with GOOD Music. I'm actually kinda surprised he hasnt. He'd kill on that label. Or even MMG and I dont even like Rick Ross, but that label is attracting successful talent and good beats

Honestly the same thing with Lloyd Banks. Really talented guy, although I hate his voice change, but because he's on G-Unit he's not getting any decent beats or really that much push. I think he'd do really well on GOOD music or MMG

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #63
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm still surprised Stalley joined up with MMG. Dude is too good for the label if you ask me.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #64
Blackman
C'mon Son

Ive never heard Staley. MMG theyre not bad rappers, personally I like Wale a lot, but Meek Mill, Ross, and Omarion (as a singer) arent that good. Meek is okay, but I dont see what the hype is about

Old 08-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #65
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Listen to Stalley. He's the best of the bunch by far if you ask me.

Try "Sound of Silence", "Address", "Hammers & Vogues", "Petrin Hill Peonies"

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #66
theShape
Creature of Darkness

I hate 2chainz.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #67
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

I think MMG is a pretty solid label. I'm glad Stalley got signed. Dude is dope. That Savage Journey to the American Dream stays in constant rotation. I also got Rockie Fresh's tape since he joined MMG to see what the buzz was about. Dude is alright. Some of his songs is cool. Wale is cool. I like his earlier stuff though.

"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side. And the light."
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
I think MMG is a pretty solid label. I'm glad Stalley got signed. Dude is dope. That Savage Journey to the American Dream stays in constant rotation. I also got Rockie Fresh's tape since he joined MMG to see what the buzz was about. Dude is alright. Some of his songs is cool. Wale is cool. I like his earlier stuff though.
Wale's earlier stuff is cool, not his new ****. Meek Mill is solid because he can actually spit verses.

But the biggest problem with MMG is that Rick Ross is a completely fake persona and a person who consistently puts out some of the worst verses in rap. Don't get me wrong, the beats he spits on are SO HOT. He works with great producers. However, every one of his verses uses the same formula. He talks about numbers (usually referring to money or how much he spends), colors (referring to either shoes or cars), a letter/number combo designation (that refers to a car or another vehicle like a G5 plane), and his "women". It's gotten old real fast.

Not to mention that he is unable to produce a hit without at least one or two other artists featured on his track, and that he constantly repeats himself multiple times in every song. At this point, I wish he would go away or that Slaughterhouse had the recognition he does.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #69
Maximus One
Oddball

I dunno about that Worldwide Choppers comment. I think Busta showed up everybody on that track for real

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #70
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

anyone getting excited for Slaughterhouse's Shady debut? it comes out Aug.28th their newest single from the album is killer its called "Goodbye"

Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #71
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaNiAx View Post
anyone getting excited for Slaughterhouse's Shady debut? it comes out Aug.28th their newest single from the album is killer its called "Goodbye"
Besides that Goodbye song, everything else I've heard so far sounds like trash.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #72
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

i wish they'd quit playing rick ross on the radio

musically he has some of the best beats under him, but his cadence, delivery, flow are mediocre and subpar. his lyrics are horrible most of the time too. he'll rhyme like three straight lines with the same end word

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #73
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Besides that Goodbye song, everything else I've heard so far sounds like trash.
Yup. Still have some hope for the album, but it appears signing to Shady was a disaster musically.

When I heard about Shady 2.0 I was excited as ****. I thought bringing some underground talent would be a good influence on Em, but he's just been a bad influence to them instead. They all just rap awful punchlines now.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #74
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Yup. Still have some hope for the album, but it appears signing to Shady was a disaster musically.

When I heard about Shady 2.0 I was excited as ****. I thought bringing some underground talent would be a good influence on Em, but he's just been a bad influence to them instead. They all just rap awful punchlines now.
Agreed. When I first saw the cover of Shady 2.0 on XXL, I was excited as hell! But now, that excitement has died for me. Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse need to stay in their lanes and try not to go to Em's. Cause they are not good at it. Slaughterhouse has been out shined by Cee-Lo and Swizz Beatz, in my opinion. I can't recite one rhyme from them in the songs they've dropped because the production just flows over them. They need those 'Microphone' type of beats, where you can hear them. That 'Goodbye' song is the only good song I've heard, so far.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #75
Blackman
C'mon Son

I dont think they've gotten awful or really bad. Then again I've only heard 3 of their new songs. My Life is eh, Goodbye is okay, but I like Hammer Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i wish they'd quit playing rick ross on the radio

musically he has some of the best beats under him, but his cadence, delivery, flow are mediocre and subpar. his lyrics are horrible most of the time too. he'll rhyme like three straight lines with the same end word
I like some of this songs, but it's for the beats or the other artists he has on the song. I can't remember ever really liking a verse by him. I dont ever see myself buying a whole album by him.

But MTV calling him the #1 hottest MC in the game? Bull.
And Im not even talking skill but over Jay, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Drake (who I dont even like)? Hell no

Last edited by Blackman; 08-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.