The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #251
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Not really. If anything, you'd think him wearing three distinct colors would make it easier for them.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #252
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Well that's the last time I listen to the comics

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #253
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

The colors could be there to direct peoples eyes subconsciously. The cape being big a dark helps hide his whole body anyway. But what worked well in the Avengers was that their costumes were big and bright and not overly explained. If Batman was in this colorful costume (I think the most they should do is dark gray and black with a yellow belt) they could explain it as him wanting to look more than human in armor but rather a superhuman or something. I mean if he wanted to look like some sort of giant bat or monster who could have taken it even further right?
I think we are over thinking how much explanation the movie will go into. We see Bruce Wayne put on the Bat suit, we clearly see its a reboot and not a Nolan Batman, then we don't really question why he isn't wearing what the last Batman did.
What would matter is the tone the film is going for. If the movie wants to be super realistic and dark then making Batman wear a two toned costume is wrong, but if the tone is meant to be more comic book then having him look more like the comic and wearing lighter gray contrasted with his dark (perhaps black) cape and cowl would be perfect.

To me, if they are planning to make the next Batman part of the JLA at some point his costume should look lighter, and go with a Batman film that would allow Batman to team up with a Superman, to fight a Clay Man created by a lab accident, but who can also investigate a crime committed by a human mob boss and his goons against a regular human family.

The film could just show that his armor is hidden under his fabric costume, in case people are too curious.

Last edited by Artistsean; 08-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #254
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

I agree. With the exception of Iron Man (for obvious reasons), none of The Avengers' costumes were explained. Why? Because it's not important. Just because Nolan went into detail about the creation of the costume doesn't mean every superhero movie from here on needs to. Batman ('89) didn't explain where the costume came from, and that worked out just fine.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #255
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Well, technically 3 of the 4 don't need explaining. Captain America has no reason to be dressed the way he is.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #256
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I am not a fan of colorful Batman costume, even if the colors are Black, Grey, Blue and Yellow.

Four colors make him look less intimidating, I would just keep the color combination of Nolan's Batman with a different costume and different materials.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #257
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am not a fan of colorful Batman costume, even if the colors are Black, Grey, Blue and Yellow.

Four colors make him look less intimidating, I would just keep the color combination of Nolan's Batman with a different costume and different materials.
I am not suggesting four colors. I am saying only black, gray, and yellow. Black for his cape/cowl, gloves, boots. Gray for his shirt and pants. And yellow for his utility belt.
Personally I think they should stay away from using blue in his costume.
And the gray should probably a little darker gray than the gray in these pictures. But not one solid dark color like Nolan's or the previous Bat films where his whole costume was blue or black or whatever.

And here they could still use the Nolan armor, or something similar, and just put the fabric stretched over the armor. Making him look bulky, wearing the comic costume, and still realistic because he is wearing armor and not just spandex.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #258
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Enough of the clunky armor. I mean we've gotten that immobile plastic for the past 8 films. It's time to move on to something else.

How about they actually just make a bodysuit prosthetic under a a cloth/mail suit that still emphasizes the actors physique due to their being a prosthetic molding underneath. Akin to that of the Man of Steel suit and Prometheus engineer.

Cloth over a suit like Nolan's would only make things even more difficult for an actor. A flexible prosthetic wouldn't only be several pounds lighter but increase neck, arm, & leg mobility to heights never before seen in a Batman film.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #259
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Enough of the clunky armor. I mean we've gotten that immobile plastic for the past 8 films. It's time to move on to something else.

How about they actually just make a bodysuit prosthetic under a a cloth/mail suit that still emphasizes the actors physique due to their being a prosthetic molding underneath. Akin to that of the Man of Steel suit and Prometheus engineer.

Cloth over a suit like Nolan's would only make things even more difficult for an actor. A flexible prosthetic wouldn't only be several pounds lighter but increase neck, arm, & leg mobility to heights never before seen in a Batman film.
Isn't that what they did with the Flash TV series ages ago?

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #260
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
Isn't that what they did with the Flash TV series ages ago?
Exactly, ages ago. Prosthetic body suits have improved greatly since then. Just look at the space jockey in Prometheus and now Superman in Man of Steel.

There were people convinced on here and other places on the net that the physique of the Engineer actually belonged to the actor when it turns out it was just a highly realistic prosthetic.

It's flexible too as the actor didn't have a problem turning his neck and it didn't seem anywhere near as cumbersome as any of the suits the actors portraying Batman have worn on film.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #261
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

They should do that then.

Bruce Wayne wearing an armoured musclely body suit to enhance his fear factor, and having a fabric Batsuit placed over it. I like it

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #262
Travesty
TEOL

I loved The Flash TV costume.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #263
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

I don't really want Batman to have that kind of muscle definition in costume though, personally. I'd much rather he look similar to Avengers Cap. In that I want him to have a profile more akin to BTAS or Dick Sprang... just not so exaggeratedly wide in the shoulders. I think it works for Superman but I want Batman to be noticeably different if they are going to share the screen.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #264
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't mind the CA Avengers suit concept either as long as the actor gets himself to a fit 200 pound physique then he should fill out a suit like that out just fine.

I'll take something akin to the CA Avengers suit or the MOS molded prosthetic suit. I'm just sick of the hard plastic armor from the past 8 films. We seriously need to move on from that.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #265
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
I don't really want Batman to have that kind of muscle definition in costume though, personally. I'd much rather he look similar to Avengers Cap. In that I want him to have a profile more akin to BTAS or Dick Sprang... just not so exaggeratedly wide in the shoulders. I think it works for Superman but I want Batman to be noticeably different if they are going to share the screen.
Yes, I see what you mean.

I would love it best if they went with something similar to that Arkham suit. The suit is just right for Batman's distinction when standing next Superman. This looks good enough to be a movie costume.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #266
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The material is still awful in fact it's still in the same field of the hard rubber suits of every single live action Batman film we've seen. Restrictive and rendering the entire idea of a nimble and quick paced martial arts based super hero moot.

The Arkham Aslyum suit if properly adapted would actually use a molded soft prosthetic suit with an outside pattern/texture resembling armor if it truly wanted to capture the agility, mobility, fluidity and flexibility of movement. That's what would be ideal. The material being used for the suits is my main concern.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #267
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

I don't know what to think anymore

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #268
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

There's nothing to be confused about.

The hard plastic that has been used for the past 20 years needs to be shelved and they need to take a hint from Man of Steel, Prometheus or Captain America in The Avengers and go from there.

Any of those forms of costuming/bodysuits are more appropriate for Batman visually and for the sake of mobility.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #269
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

I agree with you there. We've had the same approach for over 20 years, time to move on. And they should take hints from CA's costume, Prometheus. Anything different.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #270
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I disagree with anything resembling molded muscles. To me that's just the schumacher suits with better material.

Batman doesn't wear plastic muscles rigid or flexible. I for one liked the Dark Knight Suits and thought they had the right idea with the segmented armor for better mobility as well as being the first time batman in twenty years could turn his head.

For a future suit i say continue with that idea just stream line it more. Maybe a less clunky kevlar by weave

Batman would need heavier armor over his vitals but use a lighter material for the arms, legs etc.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #271
The Guard
Side-Kick

It isn't so much the rubber armor that hinders the actors. I'm sure it does, and we've all heard the stories about the restrictive Burton Batsuit, but it still looked like it could move pretty well. Its foam rubber. You can learn to move in it well enough. The films also often have stunt suits that are easier to move in for fight sequences.

The problem with moving in a Batsuit is moving with a cowl and a cape. Moving with a cowl and cape and making yourself look fluid, even if you're wearing spandex, is very difficult. I know, because I've tried it, in several different suits. On film, its an issue of choregraphy more than anything. There's this idea that Batman has to make a certain type of movements to be Batman...and that's just not the case. There are moments in all the Batman films where he looks more fluid, thats just generally not the type of action that is choregraphed and highlighted.

I maintain that the way to go is an all black costume, with a slightly less dark bodysuit, darker cowl, cape, gloves and boots. This will give the illusion of the black and gray look...and filmmakers could, in addition, utilize a material in the non-bodysuit elements that, under certain lighting, can look sort of dark blue.

Nix the gold/yellow belt and give him a black one...it makes no sense and it makes Batman look that much less like a "superhero" and less a creature of the night.

Voila. Comic book costume nodded to, while still maintaining something that looks intimidating.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #272
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't disagree with any of that but I think the rubber armor has a big part with directors having issues with staging evocative and effective combat scenes. The amount of "attacks" used in the Nolan films were limited to elbow hit, punch, block and grapple. The most basic form of all the aforementioned in fact.

There are just much better materials available for them to use like the ones I mentioned. Having a costume that weighs 60 pounds less would most certainly make a difference on screen not to mention that the hard rubber armor is restrictive. There's just no two ways about it.

Slower and cumbersome aren't something that should ever be attributed to Batman. Captain America moved briskly and quickly in The Avengers and the Engineer in Prometheus had fluidity in spades as he hunted down the crew members. I'm sure Superman won't be any different in Man of Steel from what I've seen.

Also visually speaking both the CA costume type of hard cloth and softy bodysuit prosthetic route are more desirable. The having less weight then the rubber armor part is just a plus.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #273
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Default Re: How the Next Batman Reboot is Driven by the Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken View Post
This looks pretty good, I could be happy with this look in a new film

Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #274
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of that but I think the rubber armor has a big part with directors having issues with staging evocative and effective combat scenes. The amount of "attacks" used in the Nolan films were limited to elbow hit, punch, block and grapple. The most basic form of all the aforementioned in fact.
That's because that's the choregraphy that was chosen for Batman in this franchise, based on the Keysei fighting method. He was shown to be able to do other moves several times.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #275
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I wouldn't mind massively if they used the MoS material and construction for the new batsuit. However, I do feel that a semblance of should still be there, not as overstated as Nolan, where Batman is very grounded, nor too understated, like the near metahuman Captain America.

If an Arkham like design could be placed on the MoS suit, I'd like to see it.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote