The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: How would you prefer to watch an Avengers 2 midnight showing?
ALL Phase I and II movies beforehand! 10 50.00%
Only Phase II movies beforehand! 7 35.00%
Only "The Avengers" beforehand! 1 5.00%
Nothing beforehand! 2 10.00%
What's Avengers? 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Would you sit through a Phase I and II Marathon before Avengers 2 midnight showings?

The thought occurred to me that there will be at least 10 MCU movies released before the inevitable Avengers sequel comes to theaters. I thought it was already crazy that people were buying those marathon tickets to see the first five MCU movies before Avengers, but then I thought about Avengers 2 and how crazy that could be! How would you guys prefer to watch an Avengers 2 midnight showing?

Last edited by spideymouse; 07-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Would you sit through a Phase I and II Marathon before Avengers 2 midnight showin

I'm now at an age (36) where I can't stomach sitting through marathon movie runs especially the 10 that Marvel has made, I'd be getting restless and my butt would be aching from the theater seats.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: Would you sit through a Phase I and II Marathon before Avengers 2 midnight showin

I'd do my own marathon at home. Two days before I see Avengers 2 I'd watch Phase I and the day before I'd watch Phase II.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist

I'm with Duran Man on this one - I'd do it in the comfort of my own home, but I doubt I could actually sit in a theatre for that long.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Of course I would. In fact I look forward to it already.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

LoL they will probably have to start the Marathon at Midnight the day before!! Il just stick with the Phase 2 films, Phase one il watch the week before

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

two phases in the same day???

that's too much!!! Lol

Id sit to watch phase 2, without doubt

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I will probably organize Marathons for every MCU movie in the forseeable future. Including the one-shots.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I will probably organize Marathons for every MCU movie in the forseeable future. Including the one-shots.
Do you own a movie theater? =D

Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Do you own a movie theater? =D
No. But I live next door to the one I used to work for in my early 20ies.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 07-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
Chewy
REDACTED

No?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I have a life.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
natey2k4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I have a life.
Thinly veiled brag about having a life.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Just no. That's too much.

Watching all movies on several days before - ok.

Avengers 1 + 2 together - certainly.

Phase 2 movie marathon - perhaps.

complete marathon - no, for sure.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Just no. That's too much.

Watching all movies on several days before - ok.

Avengers 1 + 2 together - certainly.

Phase 2 movie marathon - perhaps.

complete marathon - no, for sure.
So what was your vote?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

It was only Avengers beforehand

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Man I'd love to party and do a full MCU marathon for 20 some odd hours as long as its one of those theatres that serves beer

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Morning Root
Side-Kick

I'd view a marathon of all the Phase II films but it would definitely not be in a stuffy theater where only theater food is allowed. Ugh.

Morning Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #19
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Ours don't in THIS county because it's a dry county, but they openned one that serves beer in the county below us. I know of a few up north of Chicago that does that too. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #20
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

I'll do what we did for Avengers. With Avengers we watched Iron Manone weekend, The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 the following weekend, Thor the next Friday, Captain America the next Friday and Avengers that Saturday morning.

Leading up, we would Probably go:

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 one weekend
Thor, Captain America and Avengers the following weekend
Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 the next weekend
Guardians of the Galaxy the Friday night Avengers 2 releases
Avengers 2 the Saturday of the weekend it releases

Seems like a good breakdown for a group of people that have full time jobs.

TheHeatKitchen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

i enjoyed the phase 1 marathon, but i dont think i could do a phase 1 and 2 marathon. Thats 20+ hours before even watching the movie you came to see.

ill watch IM and IM2 before IM3
ill watch Thor before Thor:TDW
ill watch Cap:TFA before Cap:TWS
maybe ill watch Avengers before GotG
and ill watch Phase 2 before Avengers 2

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #22
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Entire Phase II and Avengers

Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Hmm...

Iron Man (2008) - 126 minutes
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 112 minutes
Iron Man 2 (2010) - 125 minutes
Thor (2011) - 114 minutes
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - 124 minutes
The Avengers (2012) - 143 minutes
Phase I Total: 12 Hours and 24 minutes
At this point, you would need a completely free day and a comprehensive food solution, and a policy on bathroom breaks if you're not doing it by yourself.

[Assuming similar runtimes to previous films or similar properties by the same director]
Iron Man 3 (2013) - 123 minutes
Thor 2: The Dark World (2013) - 118 minutes
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 120 minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - 100 minutes
Ant-Man (2014) - 110 minutes
Phase II Sub-Total: 9 Hours and 31 minutes

All MCU Films leading up to Avengers: 21 Hours and 55 minutes of film to watch
At this point, if you have timed this to lead up to Avengers 2, you will need a sleeping solution as well so that you will not be fatigued and can properly enjoy the big movie. You'll also need time to put on your costume and make sure your Arc Reactor/Green Facepaint is working properly. Nothing crasser than a cheap Hulk.

Note: Assuming that Whedon's SHIELD show doesn't die, that's two seasons of SHIELD shows, at about 20 episodes a season, so, 40 episodes at 44 minutes each is 29 hours and 20 minutes of additional MCU footage. Bonus points if you also get in the 30 minutes of deleted footage from Avengers on a fan-cut, especially if you get fan cut versions of other films that include the shorts like The Consultant, a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer and Item 47. There will be other one shots in Phase 2. So perhaps we can sort of estimate this to be about an Hour, maybe an hour and a half, of non-film, non TV footage. Automatic "A" if you watch a fancut that puts all the events of the MCU in order. Protip: in the official timeline, IM, Hulk and Thor occurred all in the same week, so those movies and scenes would intermingle completely. The first scene in your film would be the beginning of Thor, WWII Captain America, but you wouldn't see the end of Cap until after the last part of Thor.

So... no, I will not be watching a marathon leading up to Avengers 2. If I'm with a bunch of Avengers hobbyists, I'm not above making a week of it, watching a couple movies a night with friends, but seriously, and it's a testament to how incredible the franchise is, Avengers is beyond the traditional marathon.

If I was a movie theater though, I would definitely host an all day marathon with all the MCU films, and would expect patrons to go in and out throughout the day.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 08-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #24
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
i enjoyed the phase 1 marathon, but i dont think i could do a phase 1 and 2 marathon. Thats 20+ hours before even watching the movie you came to see.

ill watch IM and IM2 before IM3
ill watch Thor before Thor:TDW
ill watch Cap:TFA before Cap:TWS
maybe ill watch Avengers before GotG
and ill watch Phase 2 before Avengers 2
Don't forget all the times you'll be watching Avengers again and again in between! =)

Actually, that would make sense. People need to remember that Avengers is in a way a sequel in each of those solo franchises. I'm going watch IM, IM2, and Avengers before watching IM3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Hmm...

Iron Man (2008) - 126 minutes
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 112 minutes
Iron Man 2 (2010) - 125 minutes
Thor (2011) - 114 minutes
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - 124 minutes
The Avengers (2012) - 143 minutes
Phase I Total: 12 Hours and 24 minutes
At this point, you would need a completely free day and a comprehensive food solution, and a policy on bathroom breaks if you're not doing it by yourself.

[Assuming similar runtimes to previous films or similar properties by the same director]
Iron Man 3 (2013) - 123 minutes
Thor 2: The Dark World (2013) - 118 minutes
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 120 minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - 100 minutes
Ant-Man (2014) - 110 minutes
Phase II Sub-Total: 9 Hours and 31 minutes

All MCU Films leading up to Avengers: 21 Hours and 55 minutes of film to watch
At this point, if you have timed this to lead up to Avengers 2, you will need a sleeping solution as well so that you will not be fatigued and can properly enjoy the big movie. You'll also need time to put on your costume and make sure your Arc Reactor/Green Facepaint is working properly. Nothing crasser than a cheap Hulk.

Note: Assuming that Whedon's SHIELD show doesn't die, that's two seasons of SHIELD shows, at about 20 episodes a season, so, 40 episodes at 44 minutes each is 29 hours and 20 minutes of additional MCU footage. Bonus points if you also get in the 30 minutes of deleted footage from Avengers on a fan-cut, especially if you get fan cut versions of other films that include the shorts like The Consultant, a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer and Item 47. There will be other one shots in Phase 2. So perhaps we can sort of estimate this to be about an Hour, maybe an hour and a half, of non-film, non TV footage. Automatic "A" if you watch a fancut that puts all the events of the MCU in order. Protip: in the official timeline, IM, Hulk and Thor occurred all in the same week, so those movies and scenes would intermingle completely. The first scene in your film would be the beginning of Thor, WWII Captain America, but you wouldn't see the end of Cap until after the last part of Thor.

So... no, I will not be watching a marathon leading up to Avengers 2. If I'm with a bunch of Avengers hobbyists, I'm not above making a week of it, watching a couple movies a night with friends, but seriously, and it's a testament to how incredible the franchise is, Avengers is beyond the traditional marathon.

If I was a movie theater though, I would definitely host an all day marathon with all the MCU films, and would expect patrons to go in and out throughout the day.
Haha I got a kick out of this post. For the record, I would pay money to watch a fancut showing all of the events of the MCU in order. That would be sick.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #25
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Don't forget all the times you'll be watching Avengers again and again in between! =)

Actually, that would make sense. People need to remember that Avengers is in a way a sequel in each of those solo franchises. I'm going watch IM, IM2, and Avengers before watching IM3.
Haha I got a kick out of this post. For the record, I would pay money to watch a fancut showing all of the events of the MCU in order. That would be sick.
I don't know the exact rules about posting things like this but lets just say what youre talking about theoretically already exists and that if you Google something like "avengers fan edit" you might find a way to download it.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote