The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #176
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
For whatever reason, the picture is not showing in my previous post:
That's my bad, I had to delete them from Imageshack to save space, and reupload those biggers ones.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #177
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
That's my bad, I had to delete them from Imageshack to save space, and reupload those biggers ones.
Np; I should be the one thanking you for even taking the time to upload them. Thanks

Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #178
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I had a dream once about a Seinfeldian show, with Adam Warlock, Pip, Gamora, and Thanos replacing Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer. Make it happen, Marvel.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #179
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I had a dream once about a Seinfeldian show, with Adam Warlock, Pip, Gamora, and Thanos replacing Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer. Make it happen, Marvel.
Nerd

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #180
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Came across some high-res stuff

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #181
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

That top one rocks!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #182
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Ah, I remember having a discussion a while back with our fellow forum poster Franklin Richards who absolutely lambasted me for believing that Thanos would ever appear in a Marvel movie. He thought I was foolish for thinking that the Infinity Gauntlet prop Marvel displayed was proof, and that it was no more than an Easter Egg. That it was stupid of me to draw the conclusion that, because Marvel spent however much money on that Infinity Gauntlet prop, that Thanos would then appear. That it was about as likely to happen as Franklin Richards (the comic character, not the forum poster) appearing in an X-Men movie because his name appeared on a computer screen in X2 (because in his eyes money spent on a prop versus a name on a computer screen which costs nothing are directly comparable). And yet here we are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqiklDdS3Q

So I wonder where my good buddy Franklin's gotten off too? I don't believe I've had the chance to say "I told you so!" yet.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #183
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Was the Thanos in the movie prosthetic? or was it CG?

That head-shot pic of him above is bad-ass.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #184
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

prosthetics

Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #185
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I don't know if professionals come here at all, or if people who worked on these movies browse the hype at all, but if they ever do, let me just tell you guys, that top picture, that prosthetic is amazing. I always appreciated make up artists in the film industry, I think they are some of the most talented people.

But that prosthetic looks amazing. He is a difficult character to bring to life, and they did one hell of an amazing job on that. He looks so friggin badass.

So seriously, huge props to the group of makeup artists who worked on Thanos. Because he looks freaking awesome

Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #186
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Sorry, I apologize for the length of this. This is one scenario I see if the gauntlet is at play and Magus/Warlock gets introduced with Thanos in GoTG. I'm kind of a creative consultant of sorts, however I'm choosing to leave my thoughts kind of scattered, complicated and vague while covering many connections and aspects. This is only how I would do it... Kang might show up in the after credits but would first be introduced at the end of Thor 2. Thanos wants the gems. Time travel may come into it to even things out against Thanos and the gauntlet-- or to fix the universe if need be. The GotG movie might show some of what's happening in the 31st century and what happens between then and the 21st century. Bringing Kang into it. Although the event that stops Kang from ruling this timeline happens in the near future and sets off a chain of events that leads to Thanos getting a gauntlet. Kang can't let this happen in the timeline but Thanos has the "other" on his side now and may be doing a little dimension hopping of his own.

I hope Magus and the church are involved in GotG and there are other versions of a few characters because of some timeline troubles. Occurring in the past and the future. Not affecting the timeline of the movies because Pym and Loki/Kang are manipulating the timeline. Red Skull is taken across time and dimensions to be assembled with the masters of evil in Avengers 2. GotG sets up Thanos' quest and shows how doubles of the gauntlet/gem are created with time travel. Adam Warlock would eventually come into it and face off against Magus in another movie.

The movie would partially be about Thanos trying to get the soul gem. The Guardians end up having to protect it/get it back on their own until Adam Warlock returns.

However, the characters don't know this is a double of the soul gem and a manipulation by Kang/Loki against Thanos. It's basically bait to set Thanos towards a trap Kang and others have set up for him in the future.

Thanos has big plans for the future, but Kang/Loki and Immortus/Beyonder won't let this happen... they'll have help from some of the surviving members of the masters of evil. Loki does want Thanos to claim a gauntlet because he plans to set off Ragnarok early with Thanos's plans and has seen many worlds and many times with Kang's help. Loki knows there are two gauntlets now. He waits silently in Odin's punishment for Kang and his future self to free him at the end of Thor 2. One gauntlet taken from an alternate timeline/universe where the gauntlet is the other hand... one taken from Odin after he dies and Ragnarok is changed by the timeline manipulation in Thor 3.

Kang and his alternate versions come into it in a big way.
Having a hand in Ultron's creation and taking Ultron to the future until Avenger's 2.

Pym would have an older version of himself who ran away from shield, was never heard from again because he changed his identity and focused primarily on other dimensions. Pym and Janet from the 60's end up time traveling to Avengers 2 where he's needed to help old Pym and Scott lang defeat Ultron. Selvig continues to give the audience more info on wormholes, other dimensions and timelines because he understands things differently after being exposed to the cube's powers. Iron man and Banner instantly form a bond with "Selvig" and young Pym. But Cap also forms a bond with young Pym and makes him more heroic because now he has someone to relate to who comes from another time. This inspires Selvig to almost want be a hero again, however he remains on the sidelines creating some of the marvel universe prisons: the Big House, and a maximum security prison in the negative zone, which the two Pym's discover together with Banner and Stark's help + shields resource's.

In the future of this timeline Thanos gets a gauntlet + all the gems almost no matter what, and Kang knows this. It threatens Kang's reign over the future, so he's here to hopefully correct Thanos destroying half the universe in the near future. Only because he has to have his future Empire rule the universe/multi-verse. Doctor strange is brought into it because one of his tasks as Sorcerer Supreme is to help Odin prevent the gauntlet from falling into the wrong hands. Odin doesn't know there are now two sets and Dr. Strange alerts him and the audience about what's going on. Thanos claiming one of the gauntlets in this timeline interferes with Kang's plans and how he set up his future Empire, starting around the time of Avengers 3 with Ultron returning again. So Kang had to travel back to this time to try every way he can to make this a timeline where Thanos doesn't succeed... that meant teaming with Loki to skip across dimensions too. While Loki was able to use Kang's time travel... and wants a gauntlet for himself and to scatter the doubles until such a time that he can claim both complete gauntlets... he never gets them all in his possession though and the gauntlets and the doubles fall into the hands of multiple other people when Loki dies at the end of Ragnarok and can't change his fate.

This sets Kang against Pym for a while, and it's why young Pym travels from the 60's and old Pym is actually Selvig-- changing identities to avoid shield. He never remained Ant Man in this timeline because he didn't want to be a hero and shield took his stuff... Old Pym/Selvig got mad when shield took Ultron's prototype and felt trapped by their offers to join shield in this timeline. He also thought they might kill him for what he knew and never remained Ant Man. This is why old Pym/Selvig really distrusts Shield and Fury. Also why the Beyonder needs young Pym in this timeline to help defeat Ultron the first and second times... creating the conflict between Kang and Ant Man because Pym is fixing the timeline a little by traversing other times and dimensions in his sequel with Old Pym. He calls himself Goliath when working with Lang and then Scott Lang dies so he adopts the name Giant Man-- but then reverts to Ant Man to honor Lang's use of it.

Scott Lang, Janet, and some of shield accompany him on his time and dimensional travels, Danvers before she becomes miss Marvel. Pym only ran away from them because he didn't wanna be a hero in this timeline. In Thor the "friend" he's talking about is himself: Never heard from again because he changed his name to Selvig and started studying bridges across dimensions... Fury probably knows it's Pym but also knows they need him. In the one draft of the Thor script when he says Pym as the friend's name he could be honoring his old identity...

Pym and old Pym work to maintain the current timeline in the ant man movies and deal with different times and dimensions like the negative zone. Imprisoning the Kang clones and trying to get Ultron out of Kang's hands.

Kang keeps making copies of himself when he time travels, but when Loki travels with him Loki can control and erase copies, choosing when he creates copies. Turning them into shadow copies or merging them magically.

Kang/Immortus can't time travel properly until they both claim one of the two time gems and keep them both away from Thanos.

They prevent Thanos from completing the gauntlet once he has all the other gems for one of the gauntlets.

After phase 3 gears up the left handed, nearly completed gauntlet, ends up in Nebula's hands.

Nebula, her background, the state of her in this time and the near future, plus her motives and punishment by Thanos may be introduced along with Thanos's quest in GotG.
She's a space pirate who has a relation to Thanos and ends up with a gauntlet at the very end like in the comics.
When GotG was in the early planning stages and there was uncertainty about whether it should go forward; Nebula may have been held back from being Thanos' lackey in the Avengers and the "other" may have been substituted in...

The inclusion of Nebula might show that they are going with the gauntlet/gems story in a new way because of her involvement in the end with the Infinity gauntlet in the comics. So Nebula has to be introduced in the right ways to make her eventual theft of a gauntlet seem plausible.

So like in the surfer cartoon she'll be after a source of power, space pirating at first. But it's a source of power the church holds and she hires some other ex-cons to help her steal from the Magus. However, this group of galatic ex-cons and one human don't know what kind of mission they just took on, and what they've involved themselves in.
Thanos/Nebula are after the soul gem that the church has been given by Kang/Loki at some point in time.

By introducing Nebula here as a space pirate ex-con who comes across the guardians and briefly helps them overcome a villain-- they can later reveal she was serving Thanos the whole time, and they can obscure how big her role may be in the end. Thanos is supposedly her grandfather, or father, but that may be a lie. She's served him before and it's never really been proven that she's related to him in some way because she does it to boast and speak about Thanos.

And then the movie ends up moving back and forth between the 31st and 21st centuries a bit with inter-cut scenes of what's going on in the future.
Her hiring the group to work against the church sets up some of the back-stories of the GotG and a few of their reasons for going after the church/ Magus, along with the human pilot who questions why they would go after a group claiming to spout the universal truth but trusts Nebula for now along with the team who just saved his life from this villain.

The plan against the church goes right and wrong, and the group figures out Nebula can't have this source of power and it might have been slightly better remaining in their hands and not the churches, or Nebula's after the church tries to tell them what's up.
So they set out against Nebula and her crew but Magus also wants his soul gem back.
Nebula tries to make off with the soul gem when the dust settles, and tries to evade Thanos, but Thanos finds her with the help of the "other".

Again Thanos is not seen to be manipulating things until the end where we find out Kang has also been manipulating timelines to get an edge on Thanos.

Kang has been up to no good.

"like the Pharaohs of old"

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 10-05-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: added clarity
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #187
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

tldr. I read the last paragraph. I find it very unlikely they are going to be setting up Kang to get an edge on Thanos, in my opinion, no one short of Warlock and guys like that should be able to out smart him. idk what else you wrote. But consider this. After you write something like this, If you can, try to paraphrase it all before posting, because people are not going to read this dude. It's too long.

Also consider the fact that most characters from the infinity gauntlet saga may not show up

Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #188
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:

I prefer the top one over the bottom one. Thanos's outfit looks too much like the outfits on Asgard in the bottom picture.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #189
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
tldr. I read the last paragraph. I find it very unlikely they are going to be setting up Kang to get an edge on Thanos, in my opinion, no one short of Warlock and guys like that should be able to out smart him. idk what else you wrote. But consider this. After you write something like this, If you can, try to paraphrase it all before posting, because people are not going to read this dude. It's too long.

Also consider the fact that most characters from the infinity gauntlet saga may not show up
TBH i really think, like a few others, that Thanos will have to be powered down a little bit to work as a character, and may have to remain in the shadows until Avengers 3. Only being briefly included in Avengers 2 and GotG until phase 3.

Additionally this would see many villains working together under Kang's plan against Thanos, and Kang only has a slight edge on Thanos because he comes from the future. A time when he knows what has already occurred. By his "like the Pharaohs of old" line in Avengers I think Fury already knows Kang has been all over this timeline... an incident happened in the past and Kang escaped to some unkown time with Ultron. Only to return with Ultron in Avengers 2.

Warlock comes into it later as the alternate version of Magus, but Magus gets introduced first in GoTG and is present in this side of the movie multiverse first.

Marvel wanted Silver Surfer and some of Fantastic Four's characters back. They may be covering up the fact they actually wanted the rights to Kang... harder to get because of the relation to Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic. When everyone else thinks they want Galactus (could still have him in the works too, because FF may not want to use him again).

There are other time and dimensional hoppers plus other protecting forces of the universe subtly assembling people against Thanos.
One of them may take young Pym from the 60's to the present.

And Kang and his alternate version can travel to a time when Thanos doesn't suspect things. Pop in and out of the timeline, like Loki can skip dimensions and have copies of himself in a way. The Magus will come to serve Thanos and survive GotG, but Nebula and Gamorra appear to be dead for now. And the other is actually a powerful ally too. Which means no one ever gets an edge on Thanos for long... but Kang has an advantage in that there are infinite versions of him that can come back from the 31st century and other parts of the multiverse.

That doesn't mean they won't adapt things while morphing them slightly and staying true to the comics-- having Thanos come out on top on one hand... and having all the other heroes and surviving villains have to team up to defeat him and save the universe/multiverse with the other hand...

Avengers 2 would then see Kang set Ultron, Red Skull and the masters against the Avengers to take the scepter back from shield after failing to steal back the cosmic cube from Asgard by using Malekith and an army from all across time and space... freeing Loki in the process. Red Skull may have traveled to a different dimension, but has he traveled to a different time?

Is Ant Man still set at least partially in the 60's?

Will GoTG be in the 21st century or 31st century... or both?

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 10-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #190
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

From Ironhead Studios, found by Nailbiter, a fellow CBM editor. Much bigger versions here and here.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #191
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

That 1st pic is glorious.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #192
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
That 1st pic is glorious.
Agreed.
He looks even more badass without the helmet.
(And thus begins the whole "OMG WHAR'S THOR'S HELMET?!?!?!?!" battle all over again.....)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #193
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I hope they give him his look from annihilation for Guardians and save his classic look for Avengers 2

Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #194
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
TBH i really think, like a few others, that Thanos will have to be powered down a little bit to work as a character, and may have to remain in the shadows until Avengers 3. Only being briefly included in Avengers 2 and GotG until phase 3.

Additionally this would see many villains working together under Kang's plan against Thanos, and Kang only has a slight edge on Thanos because he comes from the future. A time when he knows what has already occurred. By his "like the Pharaohs of old" line in Avengers I think Fury already knows Kang has been all over this timeline... an incident happened in the past and Kang escaped to some unkown time with Ultron. Only to return with Ultron in Avengers 2.

Warlock comes into it later as the alternate version of Magus, but Magus gets introduced first in GoTG and is present in this side of the movie multiverse first.

Marvel wanted Silver Surfer and some of Fantastic Four's characters back. They may be covering up the fact they actually wanted the rights to Kang... harder to get because of the relation to Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic. When everyone else thinks they want Galactus (could still have him in the works too, because FF may not want to use him again).

There are other time and dimensional hoppers plus other protecting forces of the universe subtly assembling people against Thanos.
One of them may take young Pym from the 60's to the present.

And Kang and his alternate version can travel to a time when Thanos doesn't suspect things. Pop in and out of the timeline, like Loki can skip dimensions and have copies of himself in a way. The Magus will come to serve Thanos and survive GotG, but Nebula and Gamorra appear to be dead for now. And the other is actually a powerful ally too. Which means no one ever gets an edge on Thanos for long... but Kang has an advantage in that there are infinite versions of him that can come back from the 31st century and other parts of the multiverse.

That doesn't mean they won't adapt things while morphing them slightly and staying true to the comics-- having Thanos come out on top on one hand... and having all the other heroes and surviving villains have to team up to defeat him and save the universe/multiverse with the other hand...

Avengers 2 would then see Kang set Ultron, Red Skull and the masters against the Avengers to take the scepter back from shield after failing to steal back the cosmic cube from Asgard by using Malekith and an army from all across time and space... freeing Loki in the process. Red Skull may have traveled to a different dimension, but has he traveled to a different time?

Is Ant Man still set at least partially in the 60's?

Will GoTG be in the 21st century or 31st century... or both?
I could see this. I am not sure about the time periods though. I think Thanos will be a major character in GoTG

Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #195
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

So awesome!!!! The second picture looks awesome. I hope he wears that helmet always though. It's crucial to his appearance in my opinion. The little yellow horn like designs above his eyes is crucial to me

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #196
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Check it out. I sorta meshed the two images together, put the helmet on his head to get us a better view

edit: there we go

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-08-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #197
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

^Ugh, no. Looks like a leatherhead football player from the 1920s.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #198
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

well that is just a piss poor effort at trying. Gee thanks sam lol

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #199
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Bump

given how the MCU is compared to the 616 universe so far, It's probably safe to say thanos will be scaled down a bit in power. But how scaled down do you think he will be compared to the rest of the mcu heroes and villains?

Do you think he will still be *that* much more powerful than them? What powers do you think he will still have in the MCU? How physically strong will he be? How smart will he be?

Though in the comics he is definitally stronger than your average Hulk, I think in terms of strength, he may be in between Thor and Hulk. But he very well may have some fighting skills (not sure why, i get that vibe looking at some of his concept art)

Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #200
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I suspect he will be of similar scale to the heroes as he is in the comics. I also suspect he will be of similar power to Odin at Odin's peak ( which Odin might not be at anymore ), given they likely fill similar niches as "leaders of super powered advanced races."

Closed Thread