The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man Sequels

Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Default Giant-man/Goliath?

Do you think he should first appear here, or in a Avengers movie?

And should it be Pym or should it be Foster?

That would leave Pym to more or less, take on his WCA persona as simply "Dr Pym".

Old 05-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Giant man/Goliath?

Upcoming antman movie has killed off any aspect of giant man existing IMO which is a shame

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #3
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

We really don't know until we see the execution.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bickle View Post
Upcoming antman movie has killed off any aspect of giant man existing IMO which is a shame
you are incorrect.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
DjCrenshaw
Side-Kick

I really enjoy ant man's ability to shrink and communicate with ants, but I personally would really enjoy the aspects of giant man. I think they will leave hints in ant man that it is possible to transform into giant man, and then build up to him actually doing it in AV3.

DjCrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
It hasn't actually. Scott Lang was also Giant-Man in at least one continuity (the Ultimate one) and they could just as easily introduce Bill Foster as Giant-Man or Goliath.

People take the fact that Pym is not the lead Ant-Man to mean so many things can't happen but it's not as though the movies haven't taken liberties with canon before.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
justanotherguy
Side-Kick

I don't think Giant Man plays well on screen. Besides, what's the point when Hulk is running around? How much bigger would the character be than Hulk? I'd rather see a Hank Pym prequel or a Future Foundation sequel if the Ant-Man franchise expands.

justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #8
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think Fox probably own the rights to the Future Foundation as they spun out of the Fantastic Four brand.

Growth is a equal part of Pym's size changing power and he has been shown to grow or shrink into different planes of existence.

Being able to grow and have increased strength takes nothing away from the Hulk. There are numerous large and super strong characters including those who have already appeared in the MCU like Kurse, Abomination, Drax The Destoryer, ect.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Plus, Giant-Man can grow to like skyscraper height. Completely different scale than Hulk. Zero redundancy here. I would absolutely love love love the post-credit scene for Ant-Man to be the following...

Pym (Douglas) tells Lang (Rudd) that he can keep the Ant-Man suit and that he's working on something else. Lang cheekily asks Pym if he's retiring. Pym simply replies by asking Lang to step back. Lang is unsure of what Pym means, but knowing that Pym (more often than not) means business, complies. Pym flips a switch. Nothing happens. Then he grows. And grows. And grows. Cut to black.

I would love for a ****ing 70 foot tall Michael Douglas to go up against Thanos. Why are so many people seemingly against this? Give Pym his heroic send off in Avengers 3, if they must. Yea, it would be a case of conveniently-killing-the-non-franchisable-old-guy, but would work perfectly for the Pym character as well as the MCU.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Vincanws
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Because it'a not like Marvel utterly change the origin story of their characters compared with the comic counter parts?

Vincanws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #11
Gabe99
Side-Kick

My Ant-Man stinger:
Giant Man vs Fin Fang Foom in Japan!

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #12
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Think he will go big at the end of Ant Man. Possibly while fighting the big bad.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM   #13
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Clint Barton should be Goliath

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote