The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man Sequels

Old 08-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default How about no Ant-Man sequels?

I was looking at the "Villains Of Ant-Man" thread in the Ant-Man forum, and realized that a lot of Ant-Man's villains are so powerful that they are more suited as straight up Avengers villains. Other than maybe Whirlwind and Egghead, I can't think of any cool villains that could help Ant-Man carry his own solo franchise. Also, the argument can be said that Ant-Man himself works best as part of the Avengers--many of his biggest struggles originate from those relationships than any actual supervillain. So after an origin movie introducing Pym, Janet, and Ultron, I don't see the need for any solo sequels once they become parts of the larger Avengers world/MCU. What do you guys and gals think?

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: How about no Ant-Man sequels?

youre right.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Although Ant-Man is lucky. At least he isn't getting the short end that Hawkeye and Black Widow get.

Hawkeye even more so. I feel bad for Jeremy Renner. But I do realize there's just no room for a Hawkeye movie right now. :/

Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
VictorShade
Side-Kick

After an intro in the Ant-Man movie Hank is best served as being a permanent Avenger. In every post Ant-Man, Avenger movie, Hank shows up as someone new.
In Avengers 2, he may be Ant-Man or Giant-Man, or both. In Avengers 3, Hank is Goliath or Yellow Jacket, ...and so on and so on. Part of his gradual de-stabilization
if you will. No need to be featured in sequals to Ant-Man, as the future Avengers flicks serve that purpose, kinda.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
spideymouse
Side-Kick

What might be a benefit from this is that you could sign the Ant-Man actors to multiple film deals and not have to worry about half of those films having to be Ant-Man sequels. You can instead use the characters in supporting roles/cameos in other solo franchises as well as the Avengers franchise.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

^ I think that could work. That way we could get (some form of) Ant-Man in the Avengers movie hopefully.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Although Ant-Man is lucky. At least he isn't getting the short end that Hawkeye and Black Widow get.

Hawkeye even more so. I feel bad for Jeremy Renner. But I do realize there's just no room for a Hawkeye movie right now. :/
Hawkeye and Black Widow weren't even introduced in their oun comic stories like Ant-Man, they were introduced in the Iron Man stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

HOW ABOUT NO

every time i read the title of this thread i hear this in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBG...feature=fvwrel

Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm okay if Ant-Man doesn't get a sequel. There are a lot of characters in the Marvel Universe that should get a movie and I think 1 movie for Ant-Man is enough. After his movie, they always use him in the movies of the Avengers and the other MCU films.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think an Ant-Man sequel could be these issues from the Avengers:

It could introduce the Taskmaster. The first part of that story is mostly about Hank as Yellow Jacket teaming up with Scott as Ant-Man to rescue Jan, and coming face to face with the Taskmaster.

They could modify the story so that instead of it seguing into a bigger Avengers movie, several Avengers could cameo in Ant-Man instead for the final battle. I don't see Taskmaster as a big enough villain for an Avengers movie but he could work for an Ant-Man movie, with some of the lesser names of the Avengers showing up as well instead of Iron Man. You could still have Cap and Hawkeye.

And since DD will have gone to Marvel, they could have a clip of Taskmaster studying DD's billy club skills on a video.

That's the only real sequel I could see happening.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

no, just simply, No Ant-man sequels. Ant-man introduces Ultron

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

If Ant-Man movie makes a lot money, there will be sequels. It's a business after all.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Lord
All Mighty

I would prefer if Ant-Man was a one-shot but if it was good and they decided to make more i wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

The problem is that whoever they sign to play Ant Man and Wasp will probably have in their contract a multi picture deal, so if he does one film he will probably be hoping for much more. And if he is popular enough to be in the Avengers then he will probably be popular enough for sequels. And if he/she doesn't get the sequels those actors might be very upset that they aren't getting the money or movies that Captain America was getting and may leave sooner than later (wanting him to stick around as long as possible to be in Avengers 2 and 3 and so on.)
Hawkeye and Black Widow are getting possible solo picture deals right now. And they may be in a solo film together about them teaming up on a solo mission.
the one who I think isn['t getting what he was hoping would be War Machine. I don't think they will use War Machine in a solo franchise, he is basically the same as Iron Man with no huge differences. So whats the draw to the audience? Another Iron Man?

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
Adamantium
Your King

I'd be afraid that my 5 yr. old son would be graduated from high school by the time it would come out. I hope I'm wrong, but everytime I think about Ant-Man I get this weird association...sort of a 2003 HULK vibe. And I own it and like it, but, I just don't know. Time will tell.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I'd be afraid that my 5 yr. old son would be graduated from high school by the time it would come out. I hope I'm wrong, but everytime I think about Ant-Man I get this weird association...sort of a 2003 HULK vibe. And I own it and like it, but, I just don't know. Time will tell.
I think your 5 year old son will have a 5 year old grandson by the time the first Ant-Man movie comes out, with Edgar Wright constantly stalling like this.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think your 5 year old son will have a 5 year old grandson by the time the first Ant-Man movie comes out, with Edgar Wright constantly stalling like this.

Oh great, I'll be an old man who can barely hear or see it.

EDIT: I just realized what you said...I'll be dead!

Last edited by Adamantium; 09-19-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Oh great, I'll be an old man who can barely hear or see it.

EDIT: I just realized what you said...I'll be dead!
Blame Edgar Wright for denying generations of Ant-Man fans the chance to see the character on the big screen. I'm sure he'll probably hand down his script to his grandson and say "I was kind of working on this over the years. See if you can make something of this."

Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #19
Adamantium
Your King

I wish they would make an animated movie of it. I wonder if Marvel has the rights to their other characters for animated movies like they do for cartoons?

Old 09-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Another good point is that it may be 5-10 years before Edgar Wright ever gets around to doing a sequel. Ant-Man could very well end up like Hulk in that he'll only show up in Avengers.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Another good point is that it may be 50-100 years before Edgar Wright ever gets around to doing a sequel. Ant-Man could very well end up like Hulk in that he'll only show up in Avengers.
Fixed.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #22
AcidMage
Newbie First Class

If Wright doesn't deliver soon, I'm sure Marvel will more than happily commission another writer. They've started advertising the film, and are likely to do their best to make good on it. Plenty of screen-writers in Hollywood who need to make bank.

AcidMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Fixed.
lol, yeah, it's pretty bad.

But it's cool though, cuz Pym, at least, stopped being solo pretty quickly I believe.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I was looking at the "Villains Of Ant-Man" thread in the Ant-Man forum, and realized that a lot of Ant-Man's villains are so powerful that they are more suited as straight up Avengers villains. Other than maybe Whirlwind and Egghead, I can't think of any cool villains that could help Ant-Man carry his own solo franchise. Also, the argument can be said that Ant-Man himself works best as part of the Avengers--many of his biggest struggles originate from those relationships than any actual supervillain. So after an origin movie introducing Pym, Janet, and Ultron, I don't see the need for any solo sequels once they become parts of the larger Avengers world/MCU. What do you guys and gals think?
Ant-Man doesn't have any villains really. Ultron isn't, and has never been, a Hank Pym solo villain in the sense that say, Red Skull is a Captain America villain.

Ant-Man's actually rogues gallery includes Egghead, Whirlwind, The Original Black Knight, The Porcupine, The Voice, and I guess The Taskmaster. Only Whirlwind and Taskmaster have any sort of presence in modern Marvel.

The only way I can see multiple Ant-Man movies working is if the first film revolves around The Pyms and a modified Whirlwind (make him a genius instead of just a common thug), and a sequel goes through with the "To Steal an Ant-Man" plot and features The Pyms and Scott Lang taking on the Taskmaster.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

How about we see the first one and then go from there.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote