The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 03-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #351
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

If they do use Cross Technology Enterprises as a villainous organisation in the movie as well as the Cross family they can use other villainous employees such as

Ambrose Connors
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/connors_cte.htm

Sheila Danning
http://marvel.wikia.com/Sheila_Danning_(Earth-616)

There are also good guys at CTE Jorge Latham who built Hawkeye's Sky-Cycle and served as a mechanic for the West Coast Avengers.

Last edited by chamber-music; 03-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #352
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If they do use Cross Technology Enterprises as a villainous organisation in the movie as well as the Cross family they can use other villainous employees such as

Ambrose Connors
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/connors_cte.htm

Sheila Danning
http://marvel.wikia.com/Sheila_Danning_(Earth-616)

There are also good guys at CTE Jorge Latham who built Hawkeye's Sky-Cycle and served as a mechanic for the West Coast Avengers.
as side characters maybe. but neither of them are as usable as Darren Cross or Crossfire, imo. :')

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #353
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Erik Josten could be another villain possibility. Josten fought Pym, Lang and Foster in the comics and is a pym particle user.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #354
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Erik Josten could be another villain possibility. Josten fought Pym, Lang and Foster in the comics and is a pym particle user.
He would also tie in to the Master of Evil and is an Avengers and Iron Man villain.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #355
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
he was also Janet Van Dyne's jealous boyfriend (don't ask) in the Marvel Adventures Avengers book.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #356
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I don't know if he's been mentioned before here in this thread, but I'd like to see The Living Eraser make an appearance.

http://www.writeups.org/fiche.php?id=2385

Old 03-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #357
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Be cool if in Edgar's nod to the Tales To Astonish Ant-Man prologue we saw Pym break into a Bratislava base and rescue agent Lee Kearns. Pym takes down commie agents Nina Tsiolkovsky (Madame X) and Antonio Rojo (El Toro) while escaping.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #358
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Be cool if in Edgar's nod to the Tales To Astonish Ant-Man prologue we saw Pym break into a Bratislava base and rescue agent Lee Kearns. Pym takes down commie agents Nina Tsiolkovsky (Madame X) and Antonio Rojo (El Toro) while escaping.
it'll never happen. but i don't doubt that we will see the ant hill.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #359
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Commie agents"? Yeah, stories like that seem best left to the 1960s, they don't really fit in a modern movie.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #360
Ant-manic
Banned User

Elias Starr?

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/f...?itok=tTXbCvfC

Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #361
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Ant-Man doesn't have that many villains that are big except Ultron. In Avengers:EMH they used Ulysses Klaw but he's more of a villain that clashed with Black Panther and even The Fantastic four. So I'm curious to see what villain they come up with.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #362
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Ant-Man doesn't have that many villains that are big except Ultron. In Avengers:EMH they used Ulysses Klaw but he's more of a villain that clashed with Black Panther and even The Fantastic four. So I'm curious to see what villain they come up with.
human villains are fair game. i don't expect to see anyone with superpowers. i still think that they should have gone with A.I.M. those beekeeper outfits scream "ant-man villain" to me.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #363
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

AIM connects Ant Man with the rest of the MCU if Pym has no connections with Howard Stark.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #364
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
AIM connects Ant Man with the rest of the MCU if Pym has no connections with Howard Stark.
well Howard is bound to have at least heard of Pym. but we don't know how extensive Pym's research is, yet. maybe he's the kind of guy that Stark Industries would try to recruit. or maybe he's more someone the military would lean on. the Stark's were big time munitions makers. i could see Henry maybe creating that stealth suit for the military but going AWOL (maybe after Maria's death).

Old 03-25-2014, 05:27 AM   #365
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Pym was working as head of a government contracted secret science project to develop a anti-radiation gas with his team of four research assistants when he became Ant-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
"Commie agents"? Yeah, stories like that seem best left to the 1960s, they don't really fit in a modern movie.
I was talking about the sixties prologue not the modern part of the movie btw

Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #366
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
In the next Marvel anime movie, apparently Elias Starr shows up, but he doesn't have an egg shaped head and is not called Egghead, they may do that for this film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egghead_%28comics%29#Film

Quote:
Pym was working as head of a government contracted secret science project to develop a anti-radiation gas with his team of four research assistants when he became Ant-Man.

I was talking about the sixties prologue not the modern part of the movie btw
I still don't care for stereotypical Cold War commie villains, they are so dull, though I suppose if they are there just for an action scene at the beginning that would be okay.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #367
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Micheal Pena's character is in this film is rumoured to be a Castro type South American communist dictator called Castillo
Quote:
In the next Marvel anime movie, apparently Elias Starr shows up, but he doesn't have an egg shaped head and is not called Egghead, they may do that for this film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egghead_%28comics%29#Film
They merged Egghead with Red Guardian in the Avengers Confidential Anime.

If he wasn't called Elias Starr I don't think anyone would guess he was Egghead.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #368
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Micheal Pena's character is in this film is rumoured to be a Castro type South American communist dictator called Castillo
I hope he is an unimportant side character or there is more too him then that, because if that is all there is too him and he has a lot of screen time, he could dull. Really an outdated propaganda piece character isn't compelling on his own, if I supposed to hate him, give me good reasons besides the fact he is a Castro knock off.

Quote:
They merged Egghead with Red Guardian in the Avengers Confidential Anime.

If he wasn't called Elias Starr I don't think anyone would guess he was Egghead.
Does anyone care though? Really Marvel movies merge characters all the time (like Whiplash and crimson Dynamo) and I don't think Egghead is the most popular villain Marvel around, no has bothered to him bring back from the dead.

Making Corey Stoll wear some ridiculous bald cap that is designed to make him look more like Egghead, would be unintentionally hilarious and would only work if the film was a total farce.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #369
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
I hope he is an unimportant side character or there is more too him then that, because if that is all there is too him and he has a lot of screen time, he could dull. Really an outdated propaganda piece character isn't compelling on his own, if I supposed to hate him, give me good reasons besides the fact he is a Castro knock off.

a dictator is only as boring as they want to make him. and there's nothing outdated about it. Castro hasn't been dead that long. we still have North Korea's leader feeding his ex-girlfriend to dogs. the not-dull stuff is whatever he's done to get him on Pym's radar.

Quote:
Does anyone care though? Really Marvel movies merge characters all the time (like Whiplash and crimson Dynamo) and I don't think Egghead is the most popular villain Marvel around, no has bothered to him bring back from the dead.

Making Corey Stoll wear some ridiculous bald cap that is designed to make him look more like Egghead, would be unintentionally hilarious and would only work if the film was a total farce.
who said anything about reshaping his head? Stoll, if that's even the character he's playing, is already bald. like i mentioned, Egghead isn't a name he gave himself. the evil mad scientist's name is Elias Starr. he's, arguably, no lamer than Baron von Strucker.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #370
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
a dictator is only as boring as they want to make him. and there's nothing outdated about it. Castro hasn't been dead that long. we still have North Korea's leader feeding his ex-girlfriend to dogs. the not-dull stuff is whatever he's done to get him on Pym's radar.
Fidel Castro is still alive, although now in his 80's and no longer running Cuba.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #371
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Castro hasn't been dead that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Fidel Castro is still alive, although now in his 80's and no longer running Cuba.
LOL. I was like "Wait... Castro is dead? When did that happen?" And then I was kinda like "Yeah, I guess maybe I vaguely remember that happening?" And then I saw the second post, and I got really confused, so I had to Google, just to make sure.

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #372
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I am not in favour or against using Egghead as a villain but If they do then he doesn't have to actually look like he does in the comics and he can just go by his real name Elias Starr.

The only time Obadiah Stane was called Iron Monger was in the credits of Iron Man.

Its an adaptation they can change whatever they want as long as it stays true to the character.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #373
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
No one cares about Fidel Castro besides a few Republicans and a few Cuban exiles in Florida, having a Fidel Castro stand in isn't very impressive. Plus frankly I think Cuba is pretty mild in terms of dictatorships, I would rather live in Cuba then Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Chad, pretty well a lot of countries in Middle East and a fair amount in Africa.

Really Castro comes across as Little Mary Sunshine compared to some of the cruel and genocidal war lords you see in Africa. If you want to put in a dictator that I would hate, put one that is really nasty in real life, not Castro who gets overshadowed by almost every other dictator out there. Putting in Castro seems like a bad Cold War throw back.

Quote:
who said anything about reshaping his head? Stoll, if that's even the character he's playing, is already bald. like i mentioned, Egghead isn't a name he gave himself. the evil mad scientist's name is Elias Starr. he's, arguably, no lamer than Baron von Strucker.
That's fine, I like Stroll and Starr could be an okay villain, if he uses his civilian name and doesn't a ridiculous head.

Last edited by The Overlord; 03-28-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #374
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
No one cares about Fidel Castro besides a few Republicans and a few Cuban exiles in Florida, having a Fidel castro stand in. Plus frank I think Cuba is pretty mild in terms of dictatorships, I would rather live in Cuba then Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Chad, pretty well a lot of countries in Middle East and a fair amount in Africa.

Really Castro comes across as Little Mary Sunshine compared to some of the cruel and genocidal war lords you see in Africa. If you want to put in a dictator that I would hate, put one that is really nasty in real life, not Castro who gets overshadowed by almost every other dictator out there. Putting in Castro seems like a bad Cold War throw back.

just my opinion but you're overthinking it. this isn't any different from the "Egghead" subject. the character will be as interesting or dull as Wright wants to write him. I didn't say that Pena would be playing Fidel Castro. I said that he was described as a Castro-like dictator. and I would assume that's just his public face. it's to let us know that Ant-Man is, potentially, going up against an army (or at least someone who has their own military). Castro-like suggests that Pena's character started out as a rebel of some sort and led (or participated in) the overthrow of the country's he's now controlling. it's kind of like Doctor Doom's story.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #375
krycek
Side-Kick

A female villain would be nice for a change. Its pretty sad that its taken the MCU ten movies just to get to their first one with Nebula. They need to step up.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote