The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #51
chronos
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

China isn't co-producing anything. It's a country, not a film studio. They are, however, allowing IM3 to film there and release the film there. And they are notoriously sensitive about how they are portrayed in film. "7 Years in Tibet" and "Red Square" come to mind. But it still appears as if Chen-Lu is a if not the villain of Antman. More than likely less of a bulky, glowing green supervillain, but more of a corrupt scientist that is pouring out radiation. Maybe they'll follow the modern hazmat style costume. Also, but I've seen Monica Rappicini's name floated around. I'd like to see her as a supporting villain, but she'd be great in a movie. There hasn't really been any female villains in the MCU, and she'd be a good addition.

chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #52
Ultra Ham
Side-Kick

Guys! Guys! Guys!
Come on!
The only option is Egghead portrayed by Simon Pegg's face being digitally edited onto Nick Frost's body! It's the only way!

Ultra Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #53
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Outside the names mentioned a few less well known old Ant-Man villians that don't suck are

Madame X/Comrade X a Hungarian super spy (master of disguise, espionage, stealth, ect) she is like a cross between a villainous version of Black Widow and Spider-Man villain Chameleon.

The Voice a radio announcer about to lose his job until a freak radiation accident gave him a persuasive voice that nobody can disobey it. His powers are similar to Purpleman and Jesse Custer from Preacher. He also worked for Red Skull.

They might make good Henchmen/women

Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #54
VictorShade
Side-Kick

In alot of those Tales to Astonish issues, Hank (& Jan), fight space aliens and fantasy monsters. Like 'The Monster That Walked', and 'Groon from Outer Space'.
Stuff like that.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #55
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Whirlwind
Ultron
Alkhema
Count Nefaria
Porcupine
Egghead
Grim Reaper
Growing Man
Taurus
Taskmaster
Graviton
Super-Adaptoid
Dr. Nemesis
Arnim Zola
Mr. Hyde
Decay
Ixar the Invincible
Atlas
Pilai
Pile-Driver
Torg

These came from Comicvine, but the hard part is that I don't know which ones were Avengers enemies that Pym faced with the Avengers or which were just Pym's enemies. Normally I think Pym, as Ant Man and Giant Man fought generic mad scientists and giant monsters. Until he became an Avenger and then after that it was always Avenger bad guys. I think.
Maybe since this is his first film, and they are adding him to the Avengers universe, and since its been said he will be a spy, maybe they should have Pym acting as a spy for SHIELD and fight one of his scientist bad guys like Egghead but make him a Hydra bad guy, and have Pym and Janet face Hydra as the spies of SHIELD. Keep it simple, so that Pym will have more movie time to get the audiance to know him and to know his powers and technology and stuff.
Oh, and maybe Hydra is able to steal Pym's technology and one of Hydra's grunt agents, no one special really, is turned into Atlas. So it becomes Giant Man and Wasp vs. Atlas, Egghead, and Hydra.
Also, while his enemies might be Egghead and Hydra, Hank could also be struggling with his sanity a little... not too much. Just enough to let the audience know he has real problems.

Last edited by Artistsean; 08-15-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #56
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Ultron should be being built in this film... and not a villain unless he becomes one at the end of the film..

Egghead would work if he's just some bald scientist that uses the name Elihas Starr and there's a joke made at somepoint where Ant-Man calls him "egg head". Whirlwind would be great as well...

an out of the box thought (even though fox probably owns him) is Psycho Man .. who is also a villain who exists in a microscopic world...

Beetle would also be interesting...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #57
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Ultron should be being built in this film... and not a villain unless he becomes one at the end of the film..

Egghead would work if he's just some bald scientist that uses the name Elihas Starr and there's a joke made at somepoint where Ant-Man calls him "egg head". Whirlwind would be great as well...

an out of the box thought (even though fox probably owns him) is Psycho Man .. who is also a villain who exists in a microscopic world...

The film could show that one of Pym's side projects is Ultron, like the Avengers season 1 clips showed. Pym and Janet, in the clip, are working on a robot Ultron, and are called into action for the Avengers. So it could be shown that Pym is just working on this robot and leave it at that until later.

Whirlwind could also be a Hydra agent too, along without or instead of Atlas. I think that if they are going the spy rout and the audience already knows Hydra, maybe they should tie his enemies to Hydra. And tie him to SHIELD. What do you guys think?
With having to introduce Hank Pym, Janet, their relationship and connection, Pym's inventions like Pym Particles, etc, and then maybe his connection to SHIELD and becoming a spy as well as Janet becoming Wasp and him becoming Ant Man, and the bad guy.

Last edited by Artistsean; 08-15-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #58
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Or AIM

Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #59
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:

Yes, Ultron should be built in this movie and be a helpful benevolent robot possibly helping him out at the end to thin see the inkling of evil at the very end of the movie. The audience realizing Pym has being played all along.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
Jarael

-Egghead
-Whirlwind
-M.O.D.O.K.
-A.I.M.
-Ultron
-Crossfire
-Taskmaster

I'd say there's plenty for Marvel to choose from when it comes to Ant-Man villains. My personal preference is to go with either the aforementioned Egghead with Whirlwind as a bodyguard, OR: slightly change "To Steal An Ant-Man" and have Crossfire be the villain.

Jarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #61
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Whirlwind
Ultron
Alkhema
Count Nefaria
Porcupine
Egghead
Grim Reaper
Growing Man
Taurus
Taskmaster
Graviton
Super-Adaptoid
Dr. Nemesis
Arnim Zola
Mr. Hyde
Decay
Ixar the Invincible
Atlas
Pilai
Pile-Driver
Torg

These came from Comicvine, but the hard part is that I don't know which ones were Avengers enemies that Pym faced with the Avengers or which were just Pym's enemies. Normally I think Pym, as Ant Man and Giant Man fought generic mad scientists and giant monsters. Until he became an Avenger and then after that it was always Avenger bad guys. I think.
Maybe since this is his first film, and they are adding him to the Avengers universe, and since its been said he will be a spy, maybe they should have Pym acting as a spy for SHIELD and fight one of his scientist bad guys like Egghead but make him a Hydra bad guy, and have Pym and Janet face Hydra as the spies of SHIELD. Keep it simple, so that Pym will have more movie time to get the audiance to know him and to know his powers and technology and stuff.
Oh, and maybe Hydra is able to steal Pym's technology and one of Hydra's grunt agents, no one special really, is turned into Atlas. So it becomes Giant Man and Wasp vs. Atlas, Egghead, and Hydra.
Also, while his enemies might be Egghead and Hydra, Hank could also be struggling with his sanity a little... not too much. Just enough to let the audience know he has real problems.
Virtually all of those are Avengers villains foremost, or even completely unrelated to Ant-Man. Quite a few of them are also people Hank has no business trying to even run away from solo ( Count Nefaria? Graviton? The Super-Adaptoid? Seriously? ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #62
Chewy
REDACTED

Honestly the only characters who come to mind when i think "Ant-Man villain" are Whirlwind and Ultron

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #63
marcvader
Lurker #1

And that would seem to be more than enough if it's a one off and he's joining the Avengers.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #64
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

i assume he will just be facing Elihas Starr

Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #65
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarael View Post
-Egghead
-Whirlwind
-M.O.D.O.K.
-A.I.M.
-Ultron
-Crossfire
-Taskmaster

I'd say there's plenty for Marvel to choose from when it comes to Ant-Man villains. My personal preference is to go with either the aforementioned Egghead with Whirlwind as a bodyguard, OR: slightly change "To Steal An Ant-Man" and have Crossfire be the villain.
Cross Tech, with Crossfire as their "point villain," would be the ideal enemy for both Lang and Pym. The way AEMH handled the "To Steal An Ant-Man" episode would work very well as the core plotline.

But Whirlwind, Egghead, MODOK....ugh. I hope to hell neither Wright nor Marvel Studios in general want to introduce these jokers. If you think general audiences are going to have a hard enough time as it is taking a character like Ant-Man seriously, you're going to compound that with Adam West-style clowns as the bad guys.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #66
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Besides the fact Egghead has a egg shaped head which they shouldn't do if they use him in a movie his basically just another evil scientist type character like golden age Lex Luthor and a million other supervillains.

Whirlwind is no worst than Whiplash who was in Iron Man 2 and MODOK is no worst than Hector Hammond from Green Lantern.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #67
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Besides the fact Egghead has a egg shaped head which they shouldn't do if they use him in a movie his basically just another evil scientist type character like golden age Lex Luthor and a million other supervillains.

Whirlwind is no worst than Whiplash who was in Iron Man 2 and MODOK is no worst than Hector Hammond from Green Lantern.
And the unilaterally negative reception both Whiplash and Hector Hammond received for their big screen portrayal is all the evidence that's needed that we *don't* need to see Whirlwind or MODOK, either.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #68
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Was Whiplash and Hector Hammond that badly received?

I don't recall a huge amount of backlash towards those characters and if there was negative views towards them it seemed mainly how they where handled and used beyond the aesthetics or popularity or portrayal.

I don't think these characters need to be the villains personally I would prefer AIM or something but I do think they could be adapted sucessfully with some changes.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #69
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think they can work one of those bad guys, like Egghead, into the AIM or Hydra terrorist group. I think Egghead (would never actually be called that though) would be a rival scientist or a former co-worker like Obi from Iron Man 1, who tries to steal Pym's tech for AIM or Hydra. He could be shown like Hammer or Stane was. A More human enemy, but still a threat, a man with genius almost equal to Pym's. Atlas could be the "muscle" "enforcer" for the group. Egghead stealing the tech could lead to a showdown like at the end of Iron Man 1 where its Iron Man versus Iron Monger. Only here it could be Ant Man/Giant Man versus someone like Atlas.
And while I am making up plot ideas, maybe him fighting a giant terrorist as a giant himself, Hank Pym becomes a big hero to all of New York, and is asked to join the Avengers.

Anyway, my main idea though is that these guys could be worked in the way Obi and Hammer were worked into Iron Man 1 and 2. A human but brilliant scientist who joins the team of evil scientists AIM, and AIM's bodyguard could become Atlas thanks to Pym's stolen tech.
I think for Pym, being the scientist he is, AIM is the perfect bad guys for Ant Man 1.
He is a scientist and a spy, and AIM are scientists and evil terrorists.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #70
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I know people hate this, but what if we just combine Egghead and Whirlwind into one character, and make him a super-genius, Jan Van Dyne stalker with the Whirlwind's power?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #71
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i'd prefer them being separate. both Whiplash and Absorbing man felt pretty cheap on screen in part because they're combo villains...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #72
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I know people hate this, but what if we just combine Egghead and Whirlwind into one character, and make him a super-genius, Jan Van Dyne stalker with the Whirlwind's power?
Isn't that just a smarter version of Whirlwind? How is that a combo?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #73
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Isn't that just a smarter version of Whirlwind? How is that a combo?
You make him bald, and give him Egghead's personality. You also make the Whirlwind powers, tech based, since Fox owns the mutant concept.

2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
Old 08-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #74
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
i'd prefer them being separate. both Whiplash and Absorbing man felt pretty cheap on screen in part because they're combo villains...
I thought Whiplash started off great and went to ****; I never had a problem with him because he was a mixed villain. I had a problem because his arc went in the toilet half way through. He was more interesting than any Comic Iron Man villain except for Mandarin, Stane, and Masque. He was much more interesting than either the Crimson Dynamo or Whiplash from the comics.

Last edited by KangConquers; 08-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #75
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Well if it ties into Avengers, I think it would be interesting to get his origin story first. And perhaps if he appears in Avengers 2, maybe Thanos will be elsewhere or making an alliance with Ultron; also brings in the possibilities of introducing the Vision into the story.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote