The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #76
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

For the MODOK haters, I think MODOK can be done seriously. He can be a very creepy villain in the right hands. If they got rid of the fleshy parts & the hair & replaced it with a computer screen showing a face, I think MODOK could be done right.

It's part of why I love the character. He can either be a serious, creepy villain or a goofy, funny villain.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #77
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
For the MODOK haters, I think MODOK can be done seriously. He can be a very creepy villain in the right hands. If they got rid of the fleshy parts & the hair & replaced it with a computer screen showing a face, I think MODOK could be done right.

It's part of why I love the character. He can either be a serious, creepy villain or a goofy, funny villain.
sounds kinda like merging MODOK and ZOLA into one to me

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
sounds kinda like merging MODOK and ZOLA into one to me

And if Zola is in CATWS, as is rumored, then MODOK looks awfully redundant.

I hope Marvel Studios keeps MODOK hidden in the Basement of Things Too Embarrassing To See.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #79
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I hope Marvel Studios keeps MODOK hidden in the Basement of Things Too Embarrassing To See.
After green lighting a big budget movie starring a hero who shrinks and talks to ants, what's left to be embarassed about?

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #80
marcvader
Lurker #1

a talking raccoon?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #81
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Cs Funny Re: The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
a talking raccoon?
Touche.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #82
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think AIM would be the perfect enemy for Ant Man to face in his first movie. He is a scientist/spy/adventurer and they are scientist/terrorists. It works, he is a scientist going after scientists and a spy going after a terrorist group. Plus there isn't a huge need to explain their origins like if you went with some super villain like Magneto or Absorbing Man who have origin stories where they get powered or have histories that are important to their motivations. That would leave more time to focus on Pym/Janet/and all that.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #83
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

So what does everyone think of these Radioactive Man rumors?

Chen Lu (Radioactive Man) is playing a Scientist ally of Iron Man in Iron Man 3. The rumor is the end credits feature his character and is a set up for Edgar Wrights Ant-Man.

Do you think Radioactive Man will be a villain in Ant-Man?

Hank Pym's Giant-Man has fought Radioactive Man a few times when his been a member of the Masters Of Evil

Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #84
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Chen Lu (Radioactive Man) is playing a Scientist ally of Iron Man in Iron Man 3. The rumor is the end credits feature his character and is a set up for Edgar Wrights Ant-Man.

Hank Pym's Giant-Man has fought Radioactive Man a few times when his been a member of the Masters Of Evil
It's possible; but that rumor doesn't take into consideration that Chen Lu's character in IM3 is supposed to be a hero, who helps Iron Man find a way to defeat Mandarin. So it would require an abrupt change of heart for him to suddenly go full-on villain for Ant-Man.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #85
marcvader
Lurker #1

He could be helping his old friend Stark with alterior motives and appear the hero.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #86
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Why would the end credits for Iron Man 3 set up Ant-Man? Makes no sense. There will be at least three Marvel movies coming out between them

All of the other end credits scenes have set up either the next movie to come out, or their direct sequel

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #87
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
It's possible; but that rumor doesn't take into consideration that Chen Lu's character in IM3 is supposed to be a hero, who helps Iron Man find a way to defeat Mandarin. So it would require an abrupt change of heart for him to suddenly go full-on villain for Ant-Man.
Well he could be corrupted by the radiation or could be acting out of desperate measures, either like Doc Ock or Sandman in the Raimi Spider-Man movies.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #88
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:

Sticking a Thor villain in an Iron Man movie to set up an Ant-Man movie? *Head spins*

Old 09-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #89
Chewy
REDACTED

Cameoception

Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #90
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Sticking a Thor villain in an Iron Man movie to set up an Ant-Man movie? *Head spins*
Do people still see Radioactive Man as a Thor villain or member of his rogues?

I know he fought him first but Radioactive Man has fought most the Avengers at some point and I don't remember him having any particular personal beef with Thor.

I see him more of a general Avengers villain. He worked for Egghead in the third version of Masters Of Evil as well as did Whirlwind.

A three villain team of Egghead, Radioactive Man and Whirlwind would be cool and they could probably pull it off without villain overload.

Last edited by chamber-music; 09-04-2012 at 03:41 PM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #91
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Here's a thought: who says that because Chen Lu is a friend of Tony's, and opposes the Mandarin, that he's a good guy? He could be a friend of Tony's because of shared professions and Tony being a likable guy, and oppose Mandarin because he doesn't want a supervillain conquering Asia. . .

. . .while also being a loyal Chinese patriot, which means if he ends up getting atomic super powers, he'd probably start taking orders from the their government. Which would likely involve doing things that people who aren't whole-hearted supporters of the Chinese Communist Party would call "villainy."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #92
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Well not only that, but Chen Lu might very well be a nice average dude, but when he blasts himself with radiation in order to help Tony he might see another side to life. O_O

Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #93
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Well not only that, but Chen Lu might very well be a nice average dude, but when he blasts himself with radiation in order to help Tony he might see another side to life. O_O
Or he might be forced to commit crimes either because someone else is pulling his strings or because he has no choice as he operates out of self preservation trying to save himself or someone else.

I also don't think of him as purely a Thor villain. He's fought Iron Man a couple of times in his own comic and even worked for the Mandarin. And as someone else said, he's more of an Avengers villain.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #94
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Here's a thought: who says that because Chen Lu is a friend of Tony's, and opposes the Mandarin, that he's a good guy? He could be a friend of Tony's because of shared professions and Tony being a likable guy, and oppose Mandarin because he doesn't want a supervillain conquering Asia. . .

. . .while also being a loyal Chinese patriot, which means if he ends up getting atomic super powers, he'd probably start taking orders from the their government. Which would likely involve doing things that people who aren't whole-hearted supporters of the Chinese Communist Party would call "villainy."
Hmm, that wouldn't go over too well in China. If you want to get into China's market, you definitely cannot cast the Chinese government in a negative light whatsoever.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #95
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Hmm, that wouldn't go over too well in China. If you want to get into China's market, you definitely cannot cast the Chinese government in a negative light whatsoever.
So far, IM3 is the only movie that seems to have the need to walk on eggshells around the Chinese. Any Marvel movie after that has not been stated to be filming in China, so fair game.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #96
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah, Antman is going to be a smaller film, not filmed in china, nor endorsed. it will be fine.

[=]
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #97
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
So far, IM3 is the only movie that seems to have the need to walk on eggshells around the Chinese. Any Marvel movie after that has not been stated to be filming in China, so fair game.
If they want the movie to be released in China, it's not fair game. The Chinese government cut out the Chinatown stuff in Men in Black 3, cut out almost all of Chow Yun Fat's role in Pirates 3, and wouldn't even release The Dark Knight. All studios are walking on eggshells with all big-budget movies to adhere to Chinese censorship regulations. Just the way things work, unfortunately.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #98
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If they want the movie to be released in China, it's not fair game. The Chinese government cut out the Chinatown stuff in Men in Black 3, cut out almost all of Chow Yun Fat's role in Pirates 3, and wouldn't even release The Dark Knight. All studios are walking on eggshells with all big-budget movies to adhere to Chinese censorship regulations. Just the way things work, unfortunately.
well... lets also not forget, for how big china's populus is.. there's alot of poverty.. and the movie turn out isn't always stellar anyway. sure it helps. but... sometimes you gotta choose to tell a good story, or make money.

I just hope they don't make Wasp asian, so that she can look like a positive influence over a negative.

[=]
Old 09-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #99
metaphysician
Side-Kick

It really depends on whether they actually care to release Ant-Man in China. I admit that, yes, my idea would kill any chance of it being released there. A part of me hopes they go that way anyway, though, because frankly, that's exactly what China *would* do if their were superhumans around.

Anyway, as for the other idea, honestly, I am averse to "gets powers, goes mad." Its an overdone cliche, and TIH has already used it twice. I would much prefer Marvel go with more interesting motives than "I am now randomly crazy."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #100
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
It really depends on whether they actually care to release Ant-Man in China. I admit that, yes, my idea would kill any chance of it being released there. A part of me hopes they go that way anyway, though, because frankly, that's exactly what China *would* do if their were superhumans around.

Anyway, as for the other idea, honestly, I am averse to "gets powers, goes mad." Its an overdone cliche, and TIH has already used it twice. I would much prefer Marvel go with more interesting motives than "I am now randomly crazy."
well... maybe it's a perspective issue? since Ant-Man is suppose to be a spy-ish kinda feel to it, what if he's trying to steal some of RM's creation? and possibly accidentally creates him at the same time... I also for see RM working for AIM and not exactly realizing their criminal background. and he get's labled as a villain because of it.. and wants revenge against antman for turning him into what he is..

that's slightly different than just "going mad"

[=]