The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #101
demitri_vampiro
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
It really depends on whether they actually care to release Ant-Man in China. I admit that, yes, my idea would kill any chance of it being released there. A part of me hopes they go that way anyway, though, because frankly, that's exactly what China *would* do if their were superhumans around.

Anyway, as for the other idea, honestly, I am averse to "gets powers, goes mad." Its an overdone cliche, and TIH has already used it twice. I would much prefer Marvel go with more interesting motives than "I am now randomly crazy."
anyone would use superhumans for war purposes, and USA would be the first. its easy to call chinese bad guys but to my understanding they are not the one fighting more than 1 country at any given time.

and even countries in europe, like germany blocked a turkish movie called valley of the wolves during the US-afgan war because it showed a different side to the happenings.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #102
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro

My vote for a villain would be Egghead as the man behind the curtain with Swarm being the front man who fights Lang.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #103
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I want Daniel Day Lewis as MODOK.

Pym: Say you abandoned your Hoverchair.
MODOK: I ABANDONED MY HOVERCHAIR!!!!

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #104
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro

MODOK would be an interesting choice for a villain though I think if they went that route some people would just think that the movie looked ridiculous (though real fans would know how awesome this could be) it would definitely give Ant-man a chance to show of his powers with MODOK being slow with his giant laser beam and Ant-man flying around dodging.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #105
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I want Daniel Day Lewis as MODOK.

Pym: Say you abandoned your Hoverchair.
MODOK: I ABANDONED MY HOVERCHAIR!!!!
Oscah

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #106
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Oscah
Could you imagine the method acting that would go into that performance?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #107
Chewy
REDACTED

I kind of just want to spend a day with M.O.D.D.L.O.K. now

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #108
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I kind of just want to spend a day with M.O.D.D.L.O.K. now
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE *tries to reach mouth...can't...pulls out a 6 foot long straw.*

Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #109
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Here's a thought: who says that because Chen Lu is a friend of Tony's, and opposes the Mandarin, that he's a good guy? He could be a friend of Tony's because of shared professions and Tony being a likable guy, and oppose Mandarin because he doesn't want a supervillain conquering Asia. . .

. . .while also being a loyal Chinese patriot, which means if he ends up getting atomic super powers, he'd probably start taking orders from the their government. Which would likely involve doing things that people who aren't whole-hearted supporters of the Chinese Communist Party would call "villainy."
Yeah and some people in Iraq may think American patriots are villainous, when patriotism goes from virtue to vice is often in the eye of the beholder. Frankly Radioactive Man being a Chinese patriot is how he is written in the comics now, which is more interesting then the generic communist villain he was in the 60s. China is sometimes America's ally and sometimes America's enemies, because different countries have difference interests and those interests conflict sometimes, but that doesn't mean they will go to war for them. That's part of the reason Radioactive Man was a member of the Thunderbolts, he has not being purely a villain for a while now.

I rather Radioactive Man remain morally ambiguous, rather then be a one dimensional villain with a gimmick. So I rather wouldn't Radioactive Man be the villain in this movie, I think that would make his character less interesting.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #110
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Personally i would like to see Eggman but out of all the villains..i really would like to see the Iron Man Villain Ghost in this Movie

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #111
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
a talking raccoon?

Oh God!.....I still don't know how Marvel is going to pull that off and make it work to the GA

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #112
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
Oh God!.....I still don't know how Marvel is going to pull that off and make it work to the GA
Marvel can make anything work..even a talking racoon

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #113
Blight616
Side-Kick

I want to see Egg-head & Whirlwind as the villains. In fact they can have egg-head as a top AIM scientist with Whirlwind being one of his experiments / henchmen.

Blight616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #114
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Other than Whirlwind Ant-man's rouge gallery is just as bad as Iron Man's, so maby a tech based version of Whirlwind can work.

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #115
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Toby Jones hadn't played Armin Zola, he could've been Egg Head.

But as for a villain, how about Taskmaster? He was first introduced in the very story that teamed up Pym, Jan and Lang:

Wright should've done that story instead of "To Steal An Ant-Man". That would also tie in better with the MCU and introduce the idea of Taskmaster as someone who trains supervillains.

Taskmaster could've also led to some interesting cameos from other characters when he's recalling how he's observed different heroes. It could've had a cameo from Daredevil among many others just to show how he gained his abilities.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #116
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Of all the actors Edgar has previously worked with Bill Bailey looks the most like Egghead Not that I want to see Bill Bailey as Egghead.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #117
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think Egghead could work as a serious character in an Ant-Man movie. He doesn't need a really ovate-shaped head, but it could be a little more pointy on top. Some men do have naturally egg-shaped heads when they're bald.

He would just be a scientist too (perhaps working for AIM?) and wouldn't call himself Egghead but just go by Elihas Starr. Maybe it would be Pym or Jan instead who taunt him with that nickname when they're fighting him, and not over and over but maybe just once or twice.

And Egghead could easily be used to push Pym into a "To Steal an Ant-Man" plot instead of using Lang. In the comics, Starr had Pym install a prosthetic arm on Starr's niece Trish, which was later revealed to have a bomb that would detonate unless Pym complied with Starr's demands. Pym then had to go and rob a nationally treasury of adamantium, and it was through that method in which Pym (once caught) was disgraced by the Avengers and fired from the team.

Now if the plot is modified, it could be that when Pym installs a prosthetic arm (or some other device) and is informed that there is a bomb, he is forced to go and steal some vibranium. However, in order to do that, Pym must first steal an Ant-Man suit (which could be owned by other scientists but the shrinking was invented by Pym) and break into the vibranium vault.

Perhaps he meets Jan along the way and she decides to help him. However, here instead, Pym isn't disgraced but, once he has the vibranium, Jan convinces him not to give it to Egghead. Then Pym uses his powers and the suit to turn the tables on his blackmailer and bring him to justice.

Egghead could basically set things in motion for a "To Steal an Ant-Man" story that Wright wants to do, but would change the motivation and the main protagonist to Pym, whom we all want instead, and still be an origin story.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #118
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I agree with you Dark Raven. I said on the first page that egghead could work as easily as a bald evil scientist called Elihas Starr with the nickname just being a nickname.

I think you would need Eggheads Master Of Evil team or AIM with him because he would be a bit dull as a villain on his own.

If Pym, Lang and Janet team up in the movie they could face a supervillain team.

Whirlwind, Beetle and Radioactive Man are three of Eggheads Masters Of Evil that could work.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #119
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Whirlwind is already part of the Ant-Man/ Wasp mythology, so he would work well. Radioactive Man has been teased in IM3. Don't know if we will get him at all though or if this "Dr Wu" is just a friendly scientist helping Tony. Beetle has also been an Iron Man villain, so he could be brought in the MCU as well.

But Egghead's Masters of Evil also consisted of Moonstone and Tiger Shark. I think we could afford to see Moonstone in the MCU, even if she just shows up intially as her alter ego, Dr Karla Sofen. Tiger Shark should be saved for a Namor movie.

I see Egghead more like Armin Zola in Cap. The evil scientist, but not enough of a threat on his own. So yeah, Pym and Jan would need to take on some of those other goons.

And really, a dynamic of Hank and Jan is far more interesting to audiences than Lang on his own, which is what "To Steal an Ant-Man" originally is. I don't want Wright trying to pair up Jan with Scott. That's just unacceptable.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #120
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Egghead is a pretty generic mad scientist villain, he wouldn't work very well in a serious movie. He is one of those villains who got killed off back in 1982 and no one has bothered to bring him back.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #121
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

He could work with some edgy writing.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #122
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer were pretty generic evil business tycoons in Iron Man comics which didn't stop them being good villains.

You could always add or change stuff about Egghead to make him more intresting or threatening. Egghead is like Silver Age Lex Luthor.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #123
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Obadiah Stane and Justin Hammer were pretty generic evil business tycoons in Iron Man comics which didn't stop them being good villains.

You could always add or change stuff about Egghead to make him more intresting or threatening. Egghead is like Silver Age Lex Luthor.
But Stane and Hammer looked like what they were supposed to look like: evil business tycoons. Egghead looks and plays like an Adam West Bat-villain (literally....Vincent Price played the DC version of Egghead). He'd be laughed off the screen by today's audiences; even the kids.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #124
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Egghead wouldn't be played like a Adam West Batman Villain though. He could be like how the leader is from Hulk.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #125
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Egghead wouldn't be played like a Adam West Batman Villain though. He could be like how the leader is from Hulk.
Doesn't matter how he's played; how he *looks* is utter fail. Hector Hammond in the Green Lantern movie is living proof that the big-head villains are a very, very bad idea for movies.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote