The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Mar-Vell Family Thread

If Nova gets a thread, then so does he

Alright so considering Phyla is Mar-Vell's daughter, and all of the tomfoolery involved in her "creation", I think it's fair to say she's very much a long shot to show up on film.

The question is, will they make Mar-Vell a Guardian in her place? Or perhaps make a Capt. Marvel movie, about his death and Carol taking the mantle, and make her a full-on cosmic hero, maybe a Guardian?

Looking at the Guardians roster, several of them are probably unfit for film
Bug & Jack Flag were/are useless, won't show up
Rocky's got the talking animal thing covered so I doubt we'll see Cosmo
The alternate timelines and Cap's shield hullabaloo make Vance unlikely

So we've got the 5 from the movie, plus Warlock and one of Moondragon or Mantis (doubt we'll see both, kind of redundant) as potential Guardians

And potentially Nova, and hopefully the Surfer, as "solo" cosmic characters

So where do the Vells fit in?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If Nova gets a thread, then so does he

Alright so considering Phyla is Mar-Vell's daughter, and all of the tomfoolery involved in her "creation", I think it's fair to say she's very much a long shot to show up on film.

The question is, will they make Mar-Vell a Guardian in her place? Or perhaps make a Capt. Marvel movie, about his death and Carol taking the mantle, and make her a full-on cosmic hero, maybe a Guardian?

Looking at the Guardians roster, several of them are probably unfit for film
Bug & Jack Flag were/are useless, won't show up
Rocky's got the talking animal thing covered so I doubt we'll see Cosmo
The alternate timelines and Cap's shield hullabaloo make Vance unlikely

So we've got the 5 from the movie, plus Warlock and one of Moondragon or Mantis (doubt we'll see both, kind of redundant) as potential Guardians

And potentially Nova, and hopefully the Surfer, as "solo" cosmic characters

So where do the Vells fit in?

I'd just use Captain Mar-Vell himself. No reason to use his C-list artificially aged half kree/ eternal clone child. It's just too much back story.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

You don't think they would make some amalgamation of Phyla-Vell and Ms. Marvel?

Similar powers and both have taken the mantle of Captain at some point... Obviously they are drastically different characters. But it might be possible for them to think up some way to fuse the two. Just wondering if that would seem logical?

For instance, Danvers is Quill's copilot as has been suggested, mayhem ensues after which she finds out she is actually the long lost daughter of Captain Mar-Vell. Ends up taking the mantle of Captain after he dies and becomes the spiritual incarnation of three popular characters. Kills three birds with one stone so to speak.

ok that was weird. but you get the point, remove the redundancy of two light haired, light skinned, cosmic energy absorbing, large breasted females with starbursts on their costumes. While still appealing to fans of both characters.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Ugh, I hope not. I hate Phyla Vell.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Ugh, I hope not. I hate Phyla Vell.
Phylla shouldn't drag down Carol, Mar-Vell, or Quasar (Wendell Vaughn). All are more important than her.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
You don't think they would make some amalgamation of Phyla-Vell and Ms. Marvel?

Similar powers and both have taken the mantle of Captain at some point... Obviously they are drastically different characters. But it might be possible for them to think up some way to fuse the two. Just wondering if that would seem logical?

For instance, Danvers is Quill's copilot as has been suggested, mayhem ensues after which she finds out she is actually the long lost daughter of Captain Mar-Vell. Ends up taking the mantle of Captain after he dies and becomes the spiritual incarnation of three popular characters. Kills three birds with one stone so to speak.

ok that was weird. but you get the point, remove the redundancy of two light haired, light skinned, cosmic energy absorbing, large breasted females with starbursts on their costumes. While still appealing to fans of both characters.
I don't see how ruining a top 5 Marvel female to please fans of a top 200 female hero at best is worth doing.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I don't see how ruining a top 5 Marvel female to please fans of a top 200 female hero at best is worth doing.
you're own personal rankings I presume?

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
you're own personal rankings I presume?
More arbitrary quantification of the difference between Ms. Marvel's importance and Phyla's in Marvel history + popularity levels.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

understandable. I just figure a movie based on the 2008 GotG run is more likely to star Phyla. By your arbitrary quantification, it would be quite an oddity to see Phyla in a feature-length film before we see Carol. But if they were to essentially replace her with Ms. Marvel, I for one wouldn't be outraged or anything.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #10
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
understandable. I just figure a movie based on the 2008 GotG run is more likely to star Phyla. By your arbitrary quantification, it would be quite an oddity to see Phyla in a feature-length film before we see Carol. But if they were to essentially replace her with Ms. Marvel, I for one wouldn't be outraged or anything.
I would just rather they replace her with either Mar-Vell (her father, the character she's basically a spin-off of) or Quasar (The character who's name sake/ powers she took.) I just feel like Phyla is a secondary character in several other characters stories, vs a character who deserves to take priority on the big screen.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they incorporate the Mar-Vell family into the MCU without A. spending so much time on the specifics that it becomes the main focus of the story, or B. confusing the audience with all the various blonde, glowy-eyed energy sponges.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,770
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
It'll definitely be interesting to see how they incorporate the Mar-Vell family into the MCU without A. spending so much time on the specifics that it becomes the main focus of the story, or B. confusing the audience with all the various blonde, glowy-eyed energy sponges.
The best answer is probably just saving Mar-Vell for a movie starring Carol Danvers, and not addressing his children.

We had an avenger franchise that skated around the Pyms in the first film, and is probably going to avoid the Maximoff twins for the whole trilogy. You can probably do a Guardians trilogy without Phyla ever coming into play, rather easily.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #13
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,997
Default Re: Mar-Vell Family Thread

You guys remember the Coulson being Mar-vell rumors? What do you think??? There has got to be some explanation as to why he is alive. There were rumors that ms marvel would make it to avengers 2. . Also, Gene Colan designed captain marvel.

Gene Colan
Phil Coulson

both sound like "col", but the spelling can through people off, sure it's reaching, but maybe it was meant to be reached for. Could it be a possiblity?

Remember Jordanstine? He had a source supposedly. He knew stuff about avengers, and his source was legit.

We all know Kevin Feige denied that the aliens were Skrulls or Kree.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
However, I was able to chat with my source again and showed said person a screenshot of the aliens from the Superbowl commercial. But aside from the aliens, something random came up between our conversation that took me by surprise and literally made my jaw drop.

Here is that transcript (edited to protect the names):

(11:20:01 PM) ME: quick question http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...gers-movie.jpg were these the same aliens? Are they even Aliens?
(11:20:25 PM) SOURCE: that looks like em.... like i said they were mostly men in green wearing metal masks
(11:20:31 PM) SOURCE: mostly in greeen b/c they were still editing it....
(11:20:36 PM) ME: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
(11:20:40 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:20:43 PM) ME: fine u win
(11:20:51 PM) SOURCE: ;-)
(11:20:56 PM) ME: ur mean
(11:21:00 PM) ME: j/k i luv u for the info
(11:22:05 PM) SOURCE: i know i'm terrible
(11:22:11 PM) ME: last question?
(11:22:12 PM) ME: pls
(11:22:14 PM) ME: prty pls?
(11:22:22 PM) ME: last question are they Aliens? or just something else?
(11:22:27 PM) ME: thats it promise
(11:22:33 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:22:40 PM) ME: cmon!
(11:22:41 PM) ME: pls
(11:22:49 PM) SOURCE: I cant remember what my friend said they were
(11:22:56 PM) ME: skrulls
(11:22:01 PM) ME: did ur friend say skrull
(11:23:07 PM) SOURCE: sounds familiar
(11:23:12 PM) ME: Skrull?
(11:23:20 PM) ME: sure u just didnt hear it from me?
(11:23:28 PM) ME: did ur friend really say skrull
(11:23:29 PM) ME: ?
(11:23:40 PM) ME: But these aliens are blue, could it be Kree?
(11:23:51 PM) ME: btw the producer already denied them being skrull/kree so just deny it too
(11:23:58 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:24:22 PM) ME: so they could possibly be the Redacted or shiar?
(11:24:33 PM) SOURCE: I already told you their not either of those
(11:24:40 PM) ME: Aha!
(11:24:46 PM) ME: you denied these….
(11:25:00 PM) ME: but you wouldn’t deny if they were skrulls or kree, meaning they ARE skrulls/kree!
(11:25:01 PM) ME:
(11:25:12 PM) SOURCE: who says they have to be called that?
(11:25:23 PM) SOURCE: honestly i myself dont remember hearing what they were specificly called
(11:25:34 PM) ME: wait, so your still NOT denying it? could the producer be lying?
(11:25:39 PM) SOURCE: no more chatting about the avengers until you see it
(11:25:51 PM) ME: ur info’s driving me crazy
(11:26:09 PM) ME: have you heard of a badoon?
(11:26:17 PM) SOURCE: a what
(11:26:26 PM) ME: nevermind
(11:26:57 PM) ME: u win i give up
(11:27:20 PM) ME: btw this is the same friend u said who knows comics and got u the entry right
(11:27:21 PM) ME: ?
(11:27:31 PM) SOURCE: who else do u think
(11:27:36 PM) ME: :/
(11:27:38 PM) ME: asdfjkl;
(11:27:58 PM) ME: can u give me a small hint about anything else, it doesn’t have to be bout aliens
(11:28:07 PM) ME: just could be about the movie in general
(11:28:12 PM) ME: prty pls/?
(11:28:24 PM) ME: fine
(11:31:36 PM) ME: yawn
(11:31:48 PM) ME: tired, stretchy time
(11:32:10 PM) SOURCE: do you know capt marvel
(11:32:21 PM) ME: holy what
(11:32:25 PM) ME: u didnt
(11:32:32 PM) ME: holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(11:32:40 PM) ME: yes i do know Captain Marvel
(11:32:51 PM) ME: what about him ?
(11:32:59 PM) ME: what!/
(11:33:02 PM) ME: what?
(11:33:28 PM) ME: this guy right? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__VDRjVUsO2...rvel_super.jpg
(11:33:38 PM) ME: you can t leave me hanging
(11:34:01 PM) ME: cmon ---
(11:34:13 PM) ME: is he in the movie?
(11:34:38 PM) ME: is he? pls? pls? PLS?
(11:34:57 PM) SOURCE: no he’s not
(11:35:11 PM) SOURCE: just nevermind its nothing really
(11:35:21 PM) ME: nothing!!!/?/
(11:35:34 PM) ME: why would u bring ugp Capt Marvel if ti was nothing?
(11:35:46 PM) ME: thats so random
(11:35:55 PM) ME: a cameo?
(11:36:06 PM) ME: reference?

[/SPOILER]

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 02-04-2013 at 03:04 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.