The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,581
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Jason Bourne in outer-space.. I would not oppose. Especially if he is interested.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
DocHoliday
The King of Cool
 
DocHoliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 2,895
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

He was interested in Star Wars and Star Trek, so I'm sure with the right people attached he'd consider it. It'd certainly bring the film some attention. Abrams had to call Damon and explain to him that they were going for a younger Kirk after Damn had expressed the rumors as, intriguing him. I think out of all the big names that Damon wouldn't see it as below him. And maybe wouldn't be opposed to wearing the mask as the infamous "Brothers Grimm Nose Incident" would suggest.

__________________
A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal!

Last edited by DocHoliday; 08-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.
DocHoliday is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Damon as Star-Lord would be all kinds of great. If he's interested, give it to him.

It would probably depend on who they get to direct.

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,641
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Damon would be too good to be true. My guess is he wouldnt be interested and that it would take too much money to change his mind. But who knows?

Can't wait to see him in Elysium though.

I know Quill is supposed to be in his mid-30's in the comics, but most of the actors I like for Star-Lord are around 40. Harrison Ford was in his late 30's when he played Han Solo, which is the equivalent of early 40's these days. Not that they're the same character, but I think Quill should have a bit of mileage by the time we meet him in GotG.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #30
DocHoliday
The King of Cool
 
DocHoliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 2,895
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Probably right. But if there ever were a major star who'd check his ego it's probably him. He'd need a good finished script though as he said that THe Bourne Ultimatum was a shooting nightmare he doesn't want to re-live.

__________________
A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal!
DocHoliday is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #31
johnrain
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 285
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Groot: John Rhys-Davies
Drax: Vin Diesel
Gamora: Malin Akerman
Rocket Racoon: Daniel Craig
Star-Lord: Chris Pine

johnrain is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Damon would be too good to be true. My guess is he wouldnt be interested and that it would take too much money to change his mind. But who knows?

Can't wait to see him in Elysium though.

I know Quill is supposed to be in his mid-30's in the comics, but most of the actors I like for Star-Lord are around 40. Harrison Ford was in his late 30's when he played Han Solo, which is the equivalent of early 40's these days. Not that they're the same character, but I think Quill should have a bit of mileage by the time we meet him in GotG.
Quill is 32.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Marvel always underages their characters, even when it doesn't make sense. It's ridiculous that you have people like Cyclops who've gone through so much and they're supposedly only 29 by now or so. I see no problem with casting an actor who's up to 42 if he looks the part.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Early 40's works fine for Star-Lord. Works better than younger to be honest, easier to make him seem like he's been through some wear and tear

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #35
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Early 40's works fine for Star-Lord. Works better than younger to be honest, easier to make him seem like he's been through some wear and tear
It's funny; everyone's casting Star-Lord much older and Drax much younger (Drax is at least 50, probably closer to 60, given that his daughter has been an adult superhero for many years in Marvel continuity.)

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

There's nothing strange about that, given that he's not in his original body. The body of Drax the Destroyer is one which was manufactured by Chronos, the god of the Titans, who put the spirit of Arthur Douglas into his creation. There's no reason whatsoever why Drax should be played by an older actor because the age of Arthur Douglas at his death has no bearing at all on the appearance of Drax the Destroyer, and a younger actor would actually be more fitting for the role. At most they'd need an older actor for the occasional flashback to his human life.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #37
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
There's nothing strange about that, given that he's not in his original body. The body of Drax the Destroyer is one which was manufactured by Chronos, the god of the Titans, who put the spirit of Arthur Douglas into his creation. There's no reason whatsoever why Drax should be played by an older actor because the age of Arthur Douglas at his death has no bearing at all on the appearance of Drax the Destroyer, and a younger actor would actually be more fitting for the role. At most they'd need an older actor for the occasional flashback to his human life.
I still think when they bring in Moondragon, she should at least be 10-15 years younger than whoever's playing Drax.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #38
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,641
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Yeah 32 is much too young. If they choose a young actor, they'll have to "age" him a bit, which should be no problem.

And obviously you can't have a 50-60 year old actor playing Drax. His "age" in the comics has nothing to do with his actual physical condition. Hes not human any more, for one thing. Therefore, Moondragon's age isnt a factor.

Oops my bad, someone already addressed this.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #39
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Land of Oz, Australia
Posts: 887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post


I'll just leave this here...
F Yeah! he was my choice for Moon Knight but Cillian Murphy in the MCU is a must

__________________
Jon Hamm for Frank Castle!
Joe Manganiello for Hercules
Steve Holt is offline  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #40
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yeah 32 is much too young. If they choose a young actor, they'll have to "age" him a bit, which should be no problem.

And obviously you can't have a 50-60 year old actor playing Drax. His "age" in the comics has nothing to do with his actual physical condition. Hes not human any more, for one thing. Therefore, Moondragon's age isnt a factor.

Oops my bad, someone already addressed this.
I'd just do what they did with Evans; they had a guy in his late 20s (now early 30s) play a guy in his early-mid 20s. Same game, but 10 years older.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Or they could just have a 40 year old actor playing a 40 year old character

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #42
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Th Biggrin Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Or they could just have a 40 year old actor playing a 40 year old character
But Star-Lord isn't a 40 year old.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Just cast someone in their mid-thirties... how hard is that? It allows him room for sequels and keeps him nicely "weathered." That's why I chose Jared Padalecki, he's old enough and young enough, rough-looking and handsome.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #44
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,915
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

I'd be okay with Brandon Routh as Star-Lord.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #45
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
But Star-Lord isn't a 40 year old.
He should be mid-30's at least. Marvel's really retarded about the ages of their characters, sometimes. It's as if they refuse to have any of their characters be 30 or over even though it makes no logical sense for them to be younger.

Star-Lord makes far more sense as a character who's got a lot of mileage on him and has lots of experience, has made awful mistakes, and has spent years regretting those mistakes. That fits someone who's 35-45 far more than someone who's a 29-year-old.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #46
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
He should be mid-30's at least. Marvel's really retarded about the ages of their characters, sometimes. It's as if they refuse to have any of their characters be 30 or over even though it makes no logical sense for them to be younger.

Star-Lord makes far more sense as a character who's got a lot of mileage on him and has lots of experience, has made awful mistakes, and has spent years regretting those mistakes. That fits someone who's 35-45 far more than someone who's a 29-year-old.
No one said he was 29; he's 32. I'd rather have a slightly younger actor, who won't be breaking his ankle during filming because he's too old to do stunts.

I think John Krasinski would be a great Star-Lord; at the time of release, he'd be 34.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #47
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Just cast someone in their mid-thirties... how hard is that? It allows him room for sequels and keeps him nicely "weathered." That's why I chose Jared Padalecki, he's old enough and young enough, rough-looking and handsome.
I'd prefer they avoid Supernatural entirely, or any other CW shows. At least you didn't say Ackles though.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
No one said he was 29; he's 32. I'd rather have a slightly younger actor, who won't be breaking his ankle during filming because he's too old to do stunts.

I think John Krasinski would be a great Star-Lord; at the time of release, he'd be 34.
Whoops. I had a brainfart and was thinking of the BS age that was thrown out in X-Men comics, which really stuck in my mind because there's no way the original X-Men experienced so much in such a short amount of time. Especially when you throw in years spent in cocoons, romance, marriage, children, remarriage, etc.

And really? It's not as if Downey has brittle bone syndrome. Anyone can hurt their ankle, regardless of age.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #49
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
No one said he was 29; he's 32. I'd rather have a slightly younger actor, who won't be breaking his ankle during filming because he's too old to do stunts.

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #50
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Who is that? I kind of want to jump her bones.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.