The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

That's Krasinski.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

krascarfski.jpg

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #53
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

You always were quick with the scarf picture. I admire that.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #54
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

No Krasinski conversation is complete without it

Chewy is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Land of Oz, Australia
Posts: 871
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

How about the cast of Firefly playing the Guardians? lol

__________________
Jon Hamm for Frank Castle!
Cillian Murphy for Moon Knight
Steve Holt is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #56
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,755
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
How about the cast of Firefly playing the Guardians? lol
I've actually considered Adam Baldwin for Drax given he's big, muscular, cheap, fan-boy loved, and the right age to have a 25 year old daughter in sequels.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #57
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,345
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
How about the cast of Firefly playing the Guardians? lol

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #58
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,375
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
How about the cast of Firefly playing the Guardians? lol
That could be even more fun than my "cast the Fantastic Four from Fringe" idea.

Nathan Fillion is Starlord. Adam Baldwin is Drax. Gina Torres is Gamorra. Alan Tudyk is Rocket Raccoon ( no, RR isn't Wash, but Tudyk can do more than Wash ). Groot can be voiced by Joss Whedon, electronically distorted.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #59
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,755
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
That could be even more fun than my "cast the Fantastic Four from Fringe" idea.

Nathan Fillion is Starlord. Adam Baldwin is Drax. Gina Torres is Gamorra. Alan Tudyk is Rocket Raccoon ( no, RR isn't Wash, but Tudyk can do more than Wash ). Groot can be voiced by Joss Whedon, electronically distorted.
Summer Glau would HAVE to be Gamora.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #60
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,151
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Eh, Gina Torres fits Gamora more, not only in attitude but build. Plus, my "like" of Summer Glau's waned over the years. I wouldn't mind not seeing her in a Marvel movie. The rest of the Firefly cast can be cast any way Gunn, Whedon, et. al., see fit.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #61
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,716
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Who is that? I kind of want to jump her bones.
Demi Lovato <3

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #62
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,755
Angry Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Eh, Gina Torres fits Gamora more, not only in attitude but build. Plus, my "like" of Summer Glau's waned over the years. I wouldn't mind not seeing her in a Marvel movie. The rest of the Firefly cast can be cast any way Gunn, Whedon, et. al., see fit.
Said no one but Suzanne78.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #63
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,645
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

If Gunn is directing, I'd be shocked if Fillion wasn't Star-Lord.


Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 08-19-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #64
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,716
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Maybe this movie would get him to work out and get back in shape.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #65
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Land of Oz, Australia
Posts: 871
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Definitley Alan Tudyk doing his voice from A Knight's Tale for RR

__________________
Jon Hamm for Frank Castle!
Cillian Murphy for Moon Knight
Steve Holt is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #66
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,755
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Maybe this movie would get him to work out and get back in shape.
Yeah...He looks like he's had too much Fillion Mignon ...sorry.

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #67
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,151
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Said no one but Suzanne78.
Hardly. But, you know... opinions and such.

Since we're casting GOTG with the Best of Whedon, has anyone mentioned Amy Acker as a possible Gamora? If you doubt me, you should watch her turn as Iiyria in season 5 of Angel. Girl can play a war god like she was born to do it.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630

Last edited by Suzanne78; 08-19-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #68
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,755
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

I know I'm pushing the age thing hard...but ideally...


Drax- Early 40s
Star-Lord- Mid-30s
Gamora- Mid-late 20s.
Groot- Probably wouldn't let you count his rings.


People always forget when casting characters, that you're not casting them for where they are in the comics now, you're casting them for the start of the journey. Does anyone really want to start Star-Lord's journey with a 47 year old actor?

__________________
Dream MCU phase 3:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #69
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,367
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

David Boreanaz must be cast.

Hush is online now  
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #70
Floppity
Yeah B**** Magnets!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 91
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Definitely need a British actor to voice Rocket Raccoon.

Floppity is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #71
Kiltman
E-list Character
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flipadelphia
Posts: 82
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

So I was watching Breaking Bad, and I was thinking

What about Aaron Paul as StarLord?


If your a fan of the show you know this, but for others he has been second only to Brian Cranston and amazingly has stood toe to toe with him countless times in the series acting-wise on his way to an Emmy and a couple other nominations. He's displayed every range of emotion you could ask for, and this would be his first big movie role so he would be cheaper...which fits with what I think Marvel/Disney are doing with GOTG.

I don't pretend to know as much as others do about the GOTG...so I figured I'd put it out there and see if he fit the role to you. Kang he's 33 ...only issue I really see is Height at 5'8"...though for the most part Marvel have been consistent at hiring actors that are a couple inches shorter than what they are supposed to be. Plus it would make whomever they cast as Drax look all the more bigger.

Just want to hear people's opinion on it

Kiltman is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #72
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,182
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Eh, Gina Torres fits Gamora more, not only in attitude but build. Plus, my "like" of Summer Glau's waned over the years. I wouldn't mind not seeing her in a Marvel movie. The rest of the Firefly cast can be cast any way Gunn, Whedon, et. al., see fit.
After seeing Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I came to positively despise her acting. Her unblinking stare technique is annoying, even for a robotic character. The only way I can see Glau playing Gamora is if they have her as a half-rotted corpse, as in The Infinity Gauntlet. That'd be the best use of her talents.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #73
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I know I'm pushing the age thing hard...but ideally...


Drax- Early 40s
Star-Lord- Mid-30s
Gamora- Mid-late 20s.
Groot- Probably wouldn't let you count his rings.


People always forget when casting characters, that you're not casting them for where they are in the comics now, you're casting them for the start of the journey. Does anyone really want to start Star-Lord's journey with a 47 year old actor?
Yeah, you are pushing the age thing hard, particularly for Drax, for whom it would not fit. He should be younger and superbuff, not 40's or older. Once again, he does not have to look like he's old enough to be Moondragon's father because he didn't father her in the body he's currently in.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
After seeing Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I came to positively despise her acting. Her unblinking stare technique is annoying, even for a robotic character. The only way I can see Glau playing Gamora is if they have her as a half-rotted corpse, as in The Infinity Gauntlet. That'd be the best use of her talents.
That was Nebula, not Gamora.

Captain Marvel is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #75
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
So I was watching Breaking Bad, and I was thinking

What about Aaron Paul as StarLord?


If your a fan of the show you know this, but for others he has been second only to Brian Cranston and amazingly has stood toe to toe with him countless times in the series acting-wise on his way to an Emmy and a couple other nominations. He's displayed every range of emotion you could ask for, and this would be his first big movie role so he would be cheaper...which fits with what I think Marvel/Disney are doing with GOTG.

I don't pretend to know as much as others do about the GOTG...so I figured I'd put it out there and see if he fit the role to you. Kang he's 33 ...only issue I really see is Height at 5'8"...though for the most part Marvel have been consistent at hiring actors that are a couple inches shorter than what they are supposed to be. Plus it would make whomever they cast as Drax look all the more bigger.

Just want to hear people's opinion on it
Hmm. Left-field but I guess it could work. Although he is pretty small

He's tremendous on Breaking Bad

Chewy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.