The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #776
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I auditioned. Got the role.
OK, tell us more...I mean what role ?

Is it Drax, Gamora, Groot, or Rocket Raccoon ?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #777
Filmboy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
no...
= Taylor Kitch 1998

lol

Is that Paul Walker? He looks hot.

John Krasiniski has a goofy comedy looking face. I can't see him as Steve Rogers/Cap America.

And I certainly can't see him as Star Lord.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #778
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

it came out today Joseph Gordon-Levitt was offered the lead in Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures' GODZILLA reboot.. but TheHollywoodReporter's blog HeatVision confirmed he turned it down back in November/December.. sounds like he's still in the running for Quill..

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #779
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Based on the other candidates, JGL isn't "in the running". The role is his for the taking, period.

Of course the difference between his asking price and what Marvel's willing to pay might keep this from happening. As would a lack of interest on his part.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 01-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #780
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Based on the other candidates, JGL isn't "in the running". The role is his for the taking, period.

Of course the difference between his asking price and what Marvel's willing to pay might keep this from happening. As would a lack of interest on his part.
not sure Joseph is able to ask for anything at this point.. he hasn't exactly led a big film yet, only supported.. Guardians or the next Batman film would be his big breakout...I think he'd jump at the chance to finally lead a big film like this..even if he ends up in Justice League he'd just be another cog-in-the-wheel..

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #781
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

He led Looper and Premium Rush. PR didnt do well, but Looper made a tidy profit. Plus all his other supporting roles in hugely successful films, plus that intangible "buzz" thingy.

None of the others on the list are in his league. And im not some JGL fanboy, im just stating the facts.

And the fact that he hasnt headlined a megahit, but has had some success is the reason why he might be asking for more money than Marvel is willing to pay. If he was commanding RDJ money, he wouldnt even be considered. The guy is merely on the verge of megastardom, so it makes sense that there might be a disagreement over what is actual value is.

Anyway, my point was that all things being equal compensation-wise, JGL is the clear choice.

edit: and now that hes out of the running, its wide open. i think they need a familiar face in this movie, and someone with action and leading man cred, but that doesnt apply to the remaining candidates. its anybody's guess now. personally id think about expanding the search rather than settling for plan B.

another option is to cast a star in one of the other roles (not including rocket or groot of course). vee shall zee.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 01-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #782
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
He led Looper and Premium Rush. PR didnt do well, but Looper made a tidy profit. Plus all his other supporting roles in hugely successful films, plus that intangible "buzz" thingy.

None of the others on the list are in his league. And im not some JGL fanboy, im just stating the facts.

And the fact that he hasnt headlined a megahit, but has had some success is the reason why he might be asking for more money than Marvel is willing to pay. If he was commanding RDJ money, he wouldnt even be considered. The guy is merely on the verge of megastardom, so it makes sense that there might be a disagreement over what is actual value is.

Anyway, my point was that all things being equal compensation-wise, JGL is the clear choice.

edit: and now that hes out of the running, its wide open. i think they need a familiar face in this movie, and someone with action and leading man cred, but that doesnt apply to the remaining candidates. its anybody's guess now. personally id think about expanding the search rather than settling for plan B.

another option is to cast a star in one of the other roles (not including rocket or groot of course). vee shall zee.
I'm just playing devil's advocate.. I want him for the role but I can't see him going in there and making crazy salary demands..he doesn't have the kind of resume that would adhere to that.. I think he deserves whatever he wants though..btw he was playing Bruce Willis in Looper hard to say he was the lead when it wasn't even his own face hehe

Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #783
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

uh-oh.. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in final negotiations for a role in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR.. a new smooth gambler character created for the film..doesn't mean he won't be able to do Guardians as well.. but it could be a conflict.. the good thing is that Robert Rodriguez is currently shooting and it would mean that he'd have everything done by the time GOTG goes into shooting..Robert is known for very fast production shoots

however, Deadline is under the impression he won't be making Guardians of the Galaxy..not sure I can take that as a certain thing considering that we don't even have a production start date for GOTG.. Evans passed on Captain America only for him to be talked into it.. let's hope that's the case here

Last edited by Christopher_M; 01-07-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #784
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

JGL is becoming insanely in demand all of a sudden. I mean he was before but it's like now he's being rumored for every ****ing lead in upcoming blockbusters.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #785
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Deadline reports that JGL is done negotiating with Marvel. He's going for Sin City instead.

I suspect his asking price was more than Marvel was willing to pay.

So....Zack Levi wins the role of Star-Lord, then...?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #786
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Deadline reports that JGL is done negotiating with Marvel. He's going for Sin City instead.

I still can't see the others besides Lee Pace or Sullivan Stapleton in the role.. just my opinion

Again, does Marvel really need to hire Levi for two MCU roles? they don't.. plenty of talented actors out there they don't need to recycle them

Last edited by Christopher_M; 01-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #787
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

There was speculation that JGL's reps put the Star Lord possibility out there as part of a ploy to get another role that he wanted. "Sign me before those other guys do," etc.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #788
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

very possible. The first Sin City was okay (highly overrated imo), but RR has been flirting with hackery for the better part of a decade. I think JGL will end up regretting turning down GotG if its an either/or scenario.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #789
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
OK, tell us more...I mean what role ?

Is it Drax, Gamora, Groot, or Rocket Raccoon ?
oh you know...all of them...

Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #790
Filmboy
Banned User

What is it with JGL?

The negotiation fall through because of money issues?

He probably made a lot of money already.

I know a lot of actors would kill to be cast in a Marvel leading man movie.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #791
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
very possible. The first Sin City was okay (highly overrated imo), but RR has been flirting with hackery for the better part of a decade. I think JGL will end up regretting turning down GotG if its an either/or scenario.
On the flipside, Sin City is already filming, probably only ties him down for a few weeks at most and allows him more freedom to do other roles. He maybe just biding his time until that one juicy no brainer role comes through.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 AM   #792
Derrick9592
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised if Pace or Krasinski gets cast for Star Lord.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 AM   #793
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
What is it with JGL?

The negotiation fall through because of money issues?

He probably made a lot of money already.

I know a lot of actors would kill to be cast in a Marvel leading man movie.

does he think he's too big? Cause there are two, possibly three actors in the avengers franchise that are bigger than him, and one of them is because of the marvel movie franchise

Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #794
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Maybe he just doesn't want to do it.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #795
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Maybe he just doesn't want to do it.
No, that *couldn't* be it.

People act like it's an insult, or a sin, when someone turns Marvel Studios down for a role or a directing gig.

I'd be willing to bet that, yes, it all boils down to JGL's asking price was too high for Marvel, or the concept was too risky for JGL, but that doesn't mean they can't work together on another project.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #796
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pace or Krasinski gets cast for Star Lord.
I like Pace, but I think I would be very interested to see what Krasinski could do with this role. Krasinski could be a very solid addition to the MCU and could be an inspired choice for an action lead.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #797
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think someone like Star-Lord or Ant-Man kind of needs to be cast in the same vein that Ruffalo was cast. You see them and don't think superhero, but when it comes down to it, they get the job done.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #798
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
only reason Robert Rodriguez has been hacky is because he got divorced and had to focus on kids films so that he could spend time with his children during the production.. if he directed PREDATORS not just produced and didn't co-direct MACHETE those films would have turned out great.. MACHETE KILLS and SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL should put him back ontop.. still sucks that he passed on directing DEADPOOL..

Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #799
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I think someone like Star-Lord or Ant-Man kind of needs to be cast in the same vein that Ruffalo was cast. You see them and don't think superhero, but when it comes down to it, they get the job done.

I remember Bradley Cooper being rumored along with Joel Edgerton talking with Marvel for roles, way before Guardians of The Galaxy was even announced in July.. we know Edgerton had been linked for Star-Lord.. it's possible that Cooper could have been also pegged for Quill.. at the time of the original rumor people thought the part the two actors were up for was Hank Pym.. if Cooper get's the Best Actor Oscar nomination on Thursday for Silver Linings Playbook I assume Marvel might make an offer.. taking a Marvel role and having the film being a giant blockbuster would be nice payback for WB taking the Green Lantern role away from him only to give it to Ryan Reynolds.

btw, Marvel had a reputation of being cheap.. however, Disney is now bankrolling the productions so money shouldn't be an issue when it comes to contracts.. they are now making deals to give actors backend points which could end up more than just an upfront fee.. something most major studios aren't willing to do...

Last edited by Christopher_M; 01-08-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #800
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

I would fully support Cooper as Quill

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Closed Thread