The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - P

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - -

bump

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I AM GROOT!

(also… Groot is cute! I am so conflicted about how the trailer is making me feel toward a sentient tree.)

Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Old 05-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

One of the things about Guardians of the Galaxy I'm most looking forward to, that the trailers haven't hinted at yet.... yes, James Gunn's films are full of craziness and witty humor, but they also have heart, and underneath the crass exterior they can pack a real emotional punch. The arc of Michael Rooker's character in Slither is surprisingly moving, and I was surprised to find myself nearly choking back tears at the ending of Super. I'm expecting Guardians of the Galaxy to bring the feels, and for that to catch a lot of folks by surprise.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

I love that Peter has a troll doll and a picture of ALF among a few other things next to his cassette player.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
KevanG
Brony

KNOWHERE! Yay!

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 05-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Have thus just released the trailer in 720p in youtube quality?

Are there no better versions?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
Ultron-5
The One.

Does anyone know what that black thing on Ronans face is?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Have thus just released the trailer in 720p in youtube quality?

Are there no better versions?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591299944318365

Old 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
One of the things about Guardians of the Galaxy I'm most looking forward to, that the trailers haven't hinted at yet.... yes, James Gunn's films are full of craziness and witty humor, but they also have heart, and underneath the crass exterior they can pack a real emotional punch. The arc of Michael Rooker's character in Slither is surprisingly moving, and I was surprised to find myself nearly choking back tears at the ending of Super. I'm expecting Guardians of the Galaxy to bring the feels, and for that to catch a lot of folks by surprise.
Speaking of which, where's Yondu at? I thought we were going to see him in this trailer.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

That ain't 1080p.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #14
Ultron-5
The One.

This movie looks awesome... hopefully it delivers.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I love that Peter has a troll doll and a picture of ALF among a few other things next to his cassette player.
Yeah, that pretty much narrows the abduction down to the very late 80s, say 1987-1990. Still wondering why an 80s kid would be so big on 60s-70s "dad rock" songs, though....I like the suggestion posted before that maybe it's Quill's *mom's* mixtape, and it's not just a touchstone to Earth for him, but a touchstone to *her* memory.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
That ain't 1080p.
You didn't specify.

And that's slightly better than youtube quality.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, that pretty much narrows the abduction down to the very late 80s, say 1987-1990. Still wondering why an 80s kid would be so big on 60s-70s "dad rock" songs, though....I like the suggestion posted before that maybe it's Quill's *mom's* mixtape, and it's not just a touchstone to Earth for him, but a touchstone to *her* memory.
Yeah I think Gunn said that it's his only connection left to his mother so that seems very likely.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #18
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Yeah I think Gunn said that it's his only connection left to his mother so that seems very likely.

That would also explain why he's so fiercely protective of it. He *really* doesn't like it when people mess with his Walkman, so that's all the more special that he lets Gamora wear the headphones.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
marcvader
Lurker #1

Kids at a very young age listen to what their parents listen too. You don't start venturing out till early teens I'd say.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #20
ctsketch
Side-Kick

"This might not be the best idea"

Old 05-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #21
seahammer
Side-Kick

Just watched the new trailer. Awesome.

Loved hearing more from Rocket, and hearing Groot. I loved the "roll call" of the team, which is pretty parallel to Stark's rundown of Avengers when talking to Loki. I loved the look at Knowhere--totally rad, I can't wait to learn more about that celestial head! Great second trailer, all around.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
Old 05-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #22
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That would also explain why he's so fiercely protective of it. He *really* doesn't like it when people mess with his Walkman, so that's all the more special that he lets Gamora wear the headphones.
Some of the folks at Sony will probably appreciate that nostalgic allusion to the Good Old Days. A nice break from the constant terror panic and dread.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #23
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Kids at a very young age listen to what their parents listen too. You don't start venturing out till early teens I'd say.
Agreed, which probably narrows "Young Quill" down to a pre-teen or younger when Yondu nabs him.

I hadn't checked the IMDB cast list in awhile, and there's a couple of interesting entries there:

*Meila Kreiling plays "Bereet," who is a minor alien character in Hulk and FF comics. Dunno if that'll translate directly to the screen or not; to me, that looks like her as a Nova Corpsman standing behind JCR in the "this might not be the best idea" scene.

*Robert Firth, an English-American, plays a "Dr. Fitz." That's a very human name for this film, so I'm guessing his (presumably short) role would be with Young Quill in the 80s. Could this be the dad of SHIELD Agent Leo Fitz....?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #24
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
bump

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I really need to read up more on the Celestials. Growing up reading comics I didn't quite get into all the galactic stories. All I knew of the Celestials was from the Marvel comic card sets I collected when I was a kid. From what I can remember about them, I'm shocked that one got owned like that. Aren't they some of the most powerfull beings(if not the most)in all of Marvel comics?

Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #25
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Definitely more interested in this film after seeing the 2nd trailer. Have to say Marvel is killing it with GotG's trailer music. First, "Hooked on a Feeling," and now "Spirit in the Sky." Loved that we get to finally hear Groot and more from Rocket. Also, like that they've still yet to spoil much, if any, of the plot.

Closed Thread