The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #226
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
Oh, and how do you know?
In the past they've taken actors like Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans and had them build muscle, instead of casting body builders and pro-wrestlers. There's no reason to suggest Gamora would be any different.

And please stop referring to Eve Torres as an actress. Fake fighting and silly backstage skits don't make you an actress. There are plenty of actresses with actual talent that can do Gamora justice.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #227
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

yuppity yup. Get the best actress available, who is fit and attractive. I guess she can have a "fierce" look to her, but that's the extent of the typecasting. Even race/ethnicity is wide open in my book. She's a green skinned alien after all. Some experience playing a sexually aggressive - or at least confident - character in the past would be a plus though. But a great actress playing against type could still be interesting, so I'm not excluding a more demure actress necessarily.

Im still lobbying for Rosario Dawson btw. Sexy, talented, with big expressive features. Just a refresher:

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #228
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I don't know if anyone's actually looked at drawings of Gamora, but she's not She-Hulk. Yes, she's a bricky character power wise, but her build isn't that off from any other in shape 34-24-34 superheroine.

She's rarely drawn excessively bulky or muscular. I sort of feel like any actress over 5'6" who hits the gym hard can play her.
As frail as Gemma Arterton is now compared to Gamora, she would have to hit the gym real hard to pull it off. Because the way she looks now, there is no way it'll look believable when she throws a guy a quarter mile like Ronan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Past experience? People kept saying they should cast Triple H as Thor but thankfully they got a real actor for a job. There's no reason they'd decide to massively lower their standards now.
If it makes you happy, Carano's scheduling looks tied up as well. She's gonna be in production with Fast 6, Female Expendables and some other movie. It'll be tight scheduling for her to be in Guardians.

Quote:
In the past they've taken actors like Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans and had them build muscle, instead of casting body builders and pro-wrestlers. There's no reason to suggest Gamora would be any different.

And please stop referring to Eve Torres as an actress. Fake fighting and silly backstage skits don't make you an actress. There are plenty of actresses with actual talent that can do Gamora justice.
Carano is a rising action hero/actress. By the time production starts for this movie, she'll have two more movies under her belt. Honestly what better acting skills does she need? This isn't a drama movie shooting for an Academy Award. This is a Super Hero Space Opera. All Gamora does is throw people, kill people, swing a sword around, dresses half nude and spit one liners. We don't need her to preform extravagant romance scenes. We need her to preform extravagant neck slicing scenes.

Also as said before, Champions of WWE that would hold their belt for long periods of time (years) are the one's who hold the better acting skills overall the other pro wrestlers.

Oh yea and Hemsworth didn't need a body trainer. He already had the muscle from working on a farm. He said, he's never been to a weight lifting gym a day in his life. He's ripped from lifting hay. An hay will do that to ya. As I said before, it was an acting trainer that Disney gave him for the Thor role. Disney isn't afraid to supply an acting trainer to a once been mediocre actor.

I would be fine with Gemma Arterton, they would just have to assign her a 24/7 body building trainer to the point where they'll be asking her to play on the Female Expendables team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
yuppity yup. Get the best actress available, who is fit and attractive. I guess she can have a "fierce" look to her, but that's the extent of the typecasting. Even race/ethnicity is wide open in my book. She's a green skinned alien after all. Some experience playing a sexually aggressive - or at least confident - character in the past would be a plus though. But a great actress playing against type could still be interesting, so I'm not excluding a more demure actress necessarily.

Im still lobbying for Rosario Dawson btw. Sexy, talented, with big expressive features. Just a refresher:

http://media.heavy.com/media/2010/07...o-dawson-6.jpg
She's not a bad choice.

Daniella Alonso would be another choice.

Last edited by Guardian Outlaw; 10-20-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: didn't want to post twice
Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #229
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
If it makes you happy, Carano's scheduling looks tied up as well. She's gonna be in production with Fast 6, Female Expendables and some other movie. It'll be tight scheduling for her to be in Guardians.
It doesn't matter what her scheduling looks like, because Marvel would never let her in the door. They're after real actors.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #230
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The Internet is all atwitter with news that Gamora has already been cast:

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #231
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Never mind...got the joke.

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #232
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:

Can any of our photoshoppers turn her skin green and her eyes yellow in that pic? I'd love to see it.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #233
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Lol I know. Ive been waiting and hoping. Better brush up on photoshop.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #234
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

So do you guys just want Gamora to be a green skinned human, or should she have some extra texture to her prosthetics to make her more alien?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #235
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
So do you guys just want Gamora to be a green skinned human, or should she have some extra texture to her prosthetics to make her more alien?
As long as she's still sexy and green, that's all I ask. If they start lizarding her up and making her ugly, Imma hafta smack some beeches up over at Disney-Vell.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #236
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

I would be delighted if Rosario was cast, not only is she gorgeous, she is a good actress to boot, she can play tough, sexy, fragile, anything really so would be more than happy for her to get the part.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #237
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Making Gamora more alien-looking than the comics would be good. All these smooth-faced, human-looking aliens are a damn sight too convenient. They're supposed to be from other planets, with genetics that differ from ours, so they should look substantially different. Merely having odd-colored skin doesn't cut it. Changes to the shape of her face, maybe some scales (worked for Mystique), even low-tech contact lenses to give her reptilian eyes, could make Gamora look plausibly alien and not just like a woman painted green. They might even give her the corrugated Skrull-like chin to match Thanos, to emphasize their supposed relationship.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #238
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Making Gamora more alien-looking than the comics would be good. All these smooth-faced, human-looking aliens are a damn sight too convenient. They're supposed to be from other planets, with genetics that differ from ours, so they should look substantially different. Merely having odd-colored skin doesn't cut it. Changes to the shape of her face, maybe some scales (worked for Mystique), even low-tech contact lenses to give her reptilian eyes, could make Gamora look plausibly alien and not just like a woman painted green. They might even give her the corrugated Skrull-like chin to match Thanos, to emphasize their supposed relationship.
I don't want Gamora to be ugly, but I think the skin color should be more of a lizard green than a Forest green, and that her eyes should look slightly unsettling.

Adding ridges or roughness to the yellow around her eyes would give her extra texture.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #239
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

For the sake of expressiveness, they might give her normal irises/eyes. I also think it would be cool if they gave her an "obviously alien" feature, but they probably want to save money where they can.

I agree that getting the skin color and texture right is key. The green chick from Star Trek aint gonna cut it. Something similar to ^above might work.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 11-09-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #240
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Finally got around to watching John Carter the other day........

I second Chewy's vote for Lynn Collins.

She really does a damn fine job in that movie (and she's absolutely stunning too - Wouldn't surprise me if Warner's are looking at her for WW in Justice League)

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #241
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Shes forgettable, which is more than I can say for Klitsch. And her one and only prominent role was one of the biggest flops in recent memory. Also, she is an old-looking 35. I assure you that WB - whenever they get around to casting - wont be looking at her.

She could probably pull off Gamora, but shes like anti-Rosario as far as screen presence. Too many better options, but maybe Marvel wants to save a few bucks on casting. Still more likely LC will be doing straight-to-DVD fare and/or basic cable in the near future.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #242
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjojo72 View Post
shes forgettable, which is more than i can say for klitsch. And her one and only prominent role was one of the biggest flops in recent memory. Also, she is an old-looking 35. I assure you that wb - whenever they get around to casting - wont be looking at her.

She could probably pull off gamora, but shes like anti-rosario as far as screen presence. Too many better options, but maybe marvel wants to save a few bucks on casting. Still more likely lc will be doing straight-to-dvd fare and/or basic cable in the near future.
lol!

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #243
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Ah, the Wonder Woman casting debate. . .

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #244
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I want Gamora to not have any texture to her skin. I want her to look pretty much like an Orion Slave Girl. I really don't like what was done to movie Mystique. Far too scaly for my liking.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #245
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

yeah sorry for the rant. i was disappointed to see the Lynn Collins fetishists had migrated to the Gamora thread. ENOUGH WITH LYNN COLLINS. Sheesh.

To be fair though, LC as Gamora is at least within the realm of possibility - uninspired but possible. LC as WW is fantasyland.

on-topic: I think a little texture would be okay. And the Mystique make-up worked great for a long-boned, graceful model type like Romijn. Lawrence, whos lovely, just looked bizarre (in a bad way) with the scaly makeup because of her bone structure and round cheeks. JL is probably the superior actress, but RR was perfectly cast imo. Anyway, a little texture could work for Gamora, depending on the actress.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 11-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #246
Chewy
REDACTED

How bout Lynn Collins?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #247
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Grrrr [shakes fist]