The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #976
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Ok. To the people complaining about Bautista...who are you?

I mean seriously. We don't work for Marvel. We aren't professional film makers. I will take a professional's opinion over any of ours, even my own.

CLEARLY they saw something in Bautisa's audition that they liked, that's why they picked him. We didn't see his autition.

some of us don't think he ca pull it off. You know who does think he can pull it off though? Oh...you know, the people woh are making the damn movie. I mean really guys. What has Marvel Studios done wrong so far?

If they think Bautista is the guy for the role, or if they liked what they saw, then damn, give him a chance

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #977
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ok. To the people complaining about Bautista...who are you?

I mean seriously. We don't work for Marvel. We aren't professional film makers. I will take a professional's opinion over any of ours, even my own.

CLEARLY they saw something in Bautisa's audition that they liked, that's why they picked him. We didn't see his autition.

some of us don't think he ca pull it off. You know who does think he can pull it off though? Oh...you know, the people woh are making the damn movie. I mean really guys. What has Marvel Studios done wrong so far?

If they think Bautista is the guy for the role, or if they liked what they saw, then damn, give him a chance
QFT

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #978
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,557
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

So I don't know much about the GOTG comics. I read that Drax can fly. Do you guys think he'll have that ability in the movie? If he does I hope his flying scenes don't look better than Thor's.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #979
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,262
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ok. To the people complaining about Bautista...who are you?

I mean seriously. We don't work for Marvel. We aren't professional film makers. I will take a professional's opinion over any of ours, even my own.

CLEARLY they saw something in Bautisa's audition that they liked, that's why they picked him. We didn't see his autition.

some of us don't think he ca pull it off. You know who does think he can pull it off though? Oh...you know, the people woh are making the damn movie. I mean really guys. What has Marvel Studios done wrong so far?

If they think Bautista is the guy for the role, or if they liked what they saw, then damn, give him a chance
A human being with the ability to form thoughts and opinions.


These type of posts are ridiculous. Seriously, we're allowed to have different opinions without having some random ******* ask dumb questions like "Who are you?" Who the **** do you think you are lol? Jesus, the way you people ride Marvel Studios jock is amazing sometimes. No one is saying they've done anything wrong in the past but we don't have to like every hire they make just because. Calm your ass down. Most of us have already said we hope Bautista pulls it off, nothing in the world would make us happier. Doesn't mean we have to like it now just because we're not professionals. What a ridiculous stance to take.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #980
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,445
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
What a ridiculous stance to take.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #981
Lobo
skip skip skip
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 33,134
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well played.

__________________
Owain Yeoman for Captain Marvel/Shazam!
Lobo is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #982
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,262
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Touche.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #983
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
So I don't know much about the GOTG comics. I read that Drax can fly. Do you guys think he'll have that ability in the movie? If he does I hope his flying scenes don't look better than Thor's.
The Modern Drax isn't able to fly and since he's the one in this film I'm pretty sure he won't fly.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #984
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,607
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ok. To the people complaining about Bautista...who are you?

I mean seriously. We don't work for Marvel. We aren't professional film makers. I will take a professional's opinion over any of ours, even my own.

CLEARLY they saw something in Bautisa's audition that they liked, that's why they picked him. We didn't see his autition.

some of us don't think he ca pull it off. You know who does think he can pull it off though? Oh...you know, the people woh are making the damn movie. I mean really guys. What has Marvel Studios done wrong so far?

If they think Bautista is the guy for the role, or if they liked what they saw, then damn, give him a chance
Who are you?

He could do a good job sure. But Hollywood is far from infallible. Am I supposed to believe Megan Fox hit it out of the park because she was hand-picked by Michael Bay and the first 2 Transformer movies were tremendous successes?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #985
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
A human being with the ability to form thoughts and opinions.


These type of posts are ridiculous. Seriously, we're allowed to have different opinions without having some random ******* ask dumb questions like "Who are you?" Who the **** do you think you are lol? Jesus, the way you people ride Marvel Studios jock is amazing sometimes. No one is saying they've done anything wrong in the past but we don't have to like every hire they make just because. Calm your ass down. Most of us have already said we hope Bautista pulls it off, nothing in the world would make us happier. Doesn't mean we have to like it now just because we're not professionals. What a ridiculous stance to take.
wow did you COMPLETELY miss the point of my post. The irony of this post.

name calling is not nice

Also, "Who are you". ALL I literally meant is that, you, me, and all of us are not the ones who are making the movie, they are, not us. We can't be jumping to conclusions on something we haven't seen. So all I am saying is that we shouldn't be so quick to write off a casting decision as stupid, when we haven't seen ALL sides of it. That's it, that's literally it. And I am calm, I am completely calm, just voicing my opinion.

please, don't be putting words in my mouth, and tell ME, what MY intentions were in my post. I am not arguing over this.

Im not riding Marvel's jock, but dude, you'd better bet that I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because everything they have done so far has worked. Am I saying Bautista will work? No. I am just saying lets not be so damn quick to write it off as a stupid decision because everything they've done so far has worked.

That's not riding their jock, that's me making an opinionated desicion based on what we have seen from the studio. And I think everyone writing him off because of his past work needs to give him a better chance, because the filmmakers think he works. That's it. That's all lol

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #986
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Who are you?

He could do a good job sure. But Hollywood is far from infallible. Am I supposed to believe Megan Fox hit it out of the park because she was hand-picked by Michael Bay and the first 2 Transformer movies were tremendous successes?
Exactly. I am nobody, in terms of Marvel Studios. I personally won't say Bautista will be bad. I think he's sucked in everything he's been in, sure. But the people making the movie seem to have seen something that we haven't seen. The MCU is different from michael bay's transformer movies, all I am saying is that let's not jump to conclusions yet lol

I have faith in them. They haven't screwed up yet. Will they screw up at some point? Im sure they will. Could this be it? Possibly. But they haven't really screwed up yet, and for now, I think we should just give them the benefit of the doubt, even if bautista sucks ass in everything else he's been in lol. If bautista does suck horribly in this, then that's my mistake, and then I personally won't be giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore. But they haven't screwed up YET. So I am gunna give them the benefit of the doubt, and I think that you all should as well

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 03-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #987
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,262
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
wow did you COMPLETELY miss the point of my post. The irony of this post.

name calling is not nice

Also, "Who are you". ALL I literally meant is that, you, me, and all of us are not the ones who are making the movie, they are, not us. We can't be jumping to conclusions on something we haven't seen. So all I am saying is that we shouldn't be so quick to write off a casting decision as stupid, when we haven't seen ALL sides of it. That's it, that's literally it. And I am calm, I am completely calm, just voicing my opinion.

please, don't be putting words in my mouth, and tell ME, what MY intentions were in my post. I am not arguing over this.

Im not riding Marvel's jock, but dude, you'd better bet that I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because everything they have done so far has worked. Am I saying Bautista will work? No. I am just saying lets not be so damn quick to write it off as a stupid decision because everything they've done so far has worked.

That's not riding their jock, that's me making an opinionated desicion based on what we have seen from the studio. And I think everyone writing him off because of his past work needs to give him a better chance, because the filmmakers think he works. That's it. That's all lol
So where exactly did I mist the point?

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #988
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,607
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Ultimately I have faith in them as well. That being said, I think people are allowed to express skepticism about Bautista without being thrown under the bus and denigrated cause they aren't casting and what not.

Now generally yes, Marvel has done a very good and inspired job with casting in these pictures.

Casting complete unknowns in Hemsworth and Hiddleston turned out to be brilliant moves that paid dividends. Hemsworth is like a big star now. Hiddleston steals every scene he is in.

So I mean, am I a bit befuddled and weirded out by the Bautista casting. Yes. But ultimately I'm still excited about this movie and I want to see this movie. Drax isn't even one of my personal favorites so I don't really care all that much who plays him at the end of the day. I really just want to see Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon tearing it up onscreen.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #989
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
So where exactly did I mist the point?
lol alright.

first of all, 1. I am not great at putting my tone, and thoughts into words, I will admit that. 2. I probably was having a bad day.

But the point you seemed to miss, what I was talking about, (poor wording on my part, sorry) is that it wasn't meant to be an aggressive, insulting post, at all. I wasn't putting down you, or anyone who has that opinion. My intention was to strongly stress my thought that I think more of us should be giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it came off aggressively, or like I was putting people down for thinking that, then I am sorry, that was not my intention. that is my fault for wording my post poorly. and for that, I appologize, good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Ultimately I have faith in them as well. That being said, I think people are allowed to express skepticism about Bautista without being thrown under the bus and denigrated cause they aren't casting and what not.

Now generally yes, Marvel has done a very good and inspired job with casting in these pictures.

Casting complete unknowns in Hemsworth and Hiddleston turned out to be brilliant moves that paid dividends. Hemsworth is like a big star now. Hiddleston steals every scene he is in.

So I mean, am I a bit befuddled and weirded out by the Bautista casting. Yes. But ultimately I'm still excited about this movie and I want to see this movie. Drax isn't even one of my personal favorites so I don't really care all that much who plays him at the end of the day. I really just want to see Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon tearing it up onscreen.
I am excited for Drax. and again, throwing people under the bus, and putting down opinions was not my intention, so I am sorry if it came off that way. As I have said many times in the past, I have trouble expressing strong thoughts into written messages, I always have. Like, no excuse. I used to get help for it in school when I was younger. But I had no aggressive, or insulting intent when writing that post, so I am sorry for making it seem that way. I coulda chose better words.

But back to bautista, I'm not gunna lie, I am certainly quite nervous for this movie now, I feel the same way you do. I am questioning how he can pull off Drax. Based on what I've seen from him in his brief acting career, It doesn't seem like he can pull it off. However, as I was saying, I didnt see his audition, Marvel has been good so far, so for those reasons I am just gunna give him the benefit of the doubt. We'll see how he does.

As far as I am concerned, this is Thanos' movie. It's not. But that's how I am seeing it. That's probably 90% of my excitement for this movie, and I am pissing myself right now cause of the nerves of him being casted

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #990
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,450
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

^No offence Jaqua, but why are you allowed to express your excitement about the movie/casting choice yet people like me, who is a fan of the character in the comics cant express their dissapointment about the choice? Sorry but we arent in Nazi Germany were people cant express opinions, we are on a message board.

I will express my dissapointment at this casting choice as a fan of the character, so sue me if I wont readily go out my to praise everything Marvel does, because IMO, not everything they have done so far has been done perfectly. IMO, Howard was a better Rhodey than Cheadle, and while Ruffalo was great, they still handled the Norton stuff poorly, and Iron Man 2 in general. Not to mention were you not one of the people who was saying "Marvel would never cast a wrestler in one of their roles?"

So in my eyes they have made mistakes, and this has the smell of their biggest one yet, especially for me were Drax IS my main attraction to this movie. At the same time though, and I have said this with every post, I would love nothing more than for Bautista to prove me completely wrong.

BUT, until he does I will continue to express my dissapointment in this choice because those are my feelings on the matter as a fan. Now, last thing I want is to start an argument on this, I would prefer a mature discussion, but if you want me to blindly support every decision Marvel makes you may be better not speaking to people like me on here who will express their dissapointment.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #991
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,262
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol alright.

first of all, 1. I am not great at putting my tone, and thoughts into words, I will admit that. 2. I probably was having a bad day.

But the point you seemed to miss, what I was talking about, (poor wording on my part, sorry) is that it wasn't meant to be an aggressive, insulting post, at all. I wasn't putting down you, or anyone who has that opinion. My intention was to strongly stress my thought that I think more of us should be giving him the benefit of the doubt. If it came off aggressively, or like I was putting people down for thinking that, then I am sorry, that was not my intention. that is my fault for wording my post poorly. and for that, I appologize, good sir.
Very well. I apologize for calling you an *******.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #992
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^No offence Jaqua, but why are you allowed to express your excitement about the movie/casting choice yet people like me, who is a fan of the character in the comics cant express their dissapointment about the choice? Sorry but we arent in Nazi Germany were people cant express opinions, we are on a message board.

I will express my dissapointment at this casting choice as a fan of the character, so sue me if I wont readily go out my to praise everything Marvel does, because IMO, not everything they have done so far has been done perfectly. IMO, Howard was a better Rhodey than Cheadle, and while Ruffalo was great, they still handled the Norton stuff poorly, and Iron Man 2 in general. Not to mention were you not one of the people who was saying "Marvel would never cast a wrestler in one of their roles?"

So in my eyes they have made mistakes, and this has the smell of their biggest one yet, especially for me were Drax IS my main attraction to this movie. At the same time though, and I have said this with every post, I would love nothing more than for Bautista to prove me completely wrong.

BUT, until he does I will continue to express my dissapointment in this choice because those are my feelings on the matter as a fan. Now, last thing I want is to start an argument on this, I would prefer a mature discussion, but if you want me to blindly support every decision Marvel makes you may be better not speaking to people like me on here who will express their dissapointment.
none taken.

I am not saying that people can't voice their opinion and show their dissappointment. Literally, all I was trying to say, was this..


Yeah, bautista isnt fantastic, but hey, give it a chance, marvel hasn't screwed up yet, maybe bautista showed he can do it. That's IT. lol I didn't word it in a good way. It was literally just an offering suggestion, worded very poorly and aggressively, why I didn't just say this, I don't know, I really don't. Maybe I was in a prickish mood.

again, not my intention to come off as a nazi.

And for the record, I DO think Bautista sucks, and I am surprised he got the role, and I am nervous about it, I just am not gunna be quick to write it off.

but we can just let this lay. We'll see how it is. Hopefully it's alright....

FOR THE TOPIC AT HAND, my concern, with using an actor is that this Drax will be a mix of current and classic. Bautista hasnt shown a lot, and my concern is that they may be going with the "dumb" drax, not the more engaging one currently. Maybe Bautista can pull off a better character, but I sure hope we can get some insight on how Drax is portrayed before the movie comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Very well. I apologize for calling you an *******.
Hey, I am a hot headed italian. I will openly say that I can certainly be an *******. If I am being an *******, again tell me...jaqua, your being an ******* again

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #993
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,650
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #994
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,607
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Well said everyone, thanks.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #995
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Well played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
:
What an awesome post B. Braddock, just pure awesomeness.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #996
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,450
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
none taken.

I am not saying that people can't voice their opinion and show their dissappointment. Literally, all I was trying to say, was this..


Yeah, bautista isnt fantastic, but hey, give it a chance, marvel hasn't screwed up yet, maybe bautista showed he can do it. That's IT. lol I didn't word it in a good way. It was literally just an offering suggestion, worded very poorly and aggressively, why I didn't just say this, I don't know, I really don't. Maybe I was in a prickish mood.

again, not my intention to come off as a nazi.

And for the record, I DO think Bautista sucks, and I am surprised he got the role, and I am nervous about it, I just am not gunna be quick to write it off.

but we can just let this lay. We'll see how it is. Hopefully it's alright....
Fair enough.

I'm hoping and praying he can pull it off to be honest, nothing would please me more, its not like I havent been wrong about casting suggestions in the past. Bautista's lack of acting talent and experience is a big worry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
FOR THE TOPIC AT HAND, my concern, with using an actor is that this Drax will be a mix of current and classic. Bautista hasnt shown a lot, and my concern is that they may be going with the "dumb" drax, not the more engaging one currently. Maybe Bautista can pull off a better character, but I sure hope we can get some insight on how Drax is portrayed before the movie comes out.
Thats been my concern from the start, and its my worry this is the reason he got the role. I worry that they arent concerned they cast cast a guy who cant act as he wont be doing much acting, and will just be standing there until an action scene comes along. That aint Drax, even the dumb version was quite vocal despite his limited intellegence. Drax's characterisation in this movie wasnt a worry until they cast Bautista.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #997
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,055
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Fair enough.

I'm hoping and praying he can pull it off to be honest, nothing would please me more, its not like I havent been wrong about casting suggestions in the past. Bautista's lack of acting talent and experience is a big worry though.



Thats been my concern from the start, and its my worry this is the reason he got the role. I worry that they arent concerned they cast cast a guy who cant act as he wont be doing much acting, and will just be standing there until an action scene comes along. That aint Drax, even the dumb version was quite vocal despite his limited intellegence. Drax's characterisation in this movie wasnt a worry until they cast Bautista.
I mean, we don't know what character they were guna use. It's almost like if they are going, say, origins, if you will, then it would make sense to use dumb drax. I think the assumption that he will have lines and speak intelligently just going along with the fact that he's physically based off current Drax. It does make sense to use a more vocal one, hopefully they do.

As I have said before, my main excitement for this is Thanos, so I am biting my lip waiting for that lol

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #998
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,366
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
So I don't know much about the GOTG comics. I read that Drax can fly. Do you guys think he'll have that ability in the movie? If he does I hope his flying scenes don't look better than Thor's.
Why?

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #999
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Thor's flying scene really weren't that bad to be honest, just too short.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #1000
dgnightwing
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 65
Default Re: Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Batista always had decent mic skills in WWE, but he was gold on the mic during his final heel run. I think he'll be fine for this part.

dgnightwing is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.