Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City - - - - - Part 14

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City - - - - - - Part 15

I must be the only guy that likes gotham knight. Working through pain is my favorite episode or story of the movie

I hope they do a anime series someday with batman just like they did to Ironman and x men

Last edited by badgrammar; 07-19-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City - - - - - - - Part 16

^^^

Wow that's random i just finished re-watching it. Speaking of that is it still considered canon for the event between the films? As in events like batman batman saving ramirez and gordon's life and the aftermath of scarecrow?

Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman: Arkham City - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
I must be the only guy that likes gotham knight. Working through pain is my favorite episode or story of the movie

I hope they do a anime series someday with batman just like they did to Ironman and x men
The X-Men one was not good. I saw it. I wish they had used the anime people that made the ghost in the shell series like the mass effect is doing with that short movie. that and I kinda find hard to believe that every woman prof X hooks up with seems to have a child like legion from the comic's and then tells charles to leave town before the kids born and not tell him he has a kid for several years and not expect him to be mad about that and what their doing seem's to be causing trouble for the world at large, for keeping every thing to them selves. what is with these chick's and doing that to him and his kid's? why does marvel like rehashing the story line of legion with a different or made up character?

Any way, Anime is a good medium. but I don't think they chose the Right people. I know mad house did Trigun and all but seriously it just wasn't right. ironman was just ok but a bit off too. I think the only one that was done fine out of all of them was blade.

hmm who'd do a bat man series well? I'll have to think about this.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-19-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
^^^

Wow that's random i just finished re-watching it. Speaking of that is it still considered canon for the event between the films? As in events like batman batman saving ramirez and gordon's life and the aftermath of scarecrow?
Well David Goyer was one of the writers and I happen to like Gotham Knights very much and timeline wise it happens between Begins and TDK so I very much like to think of it as canon.

I think the producers have said it's not canonical though. Seeing as nothing in TDK or TDKR for that matter contradict any of the villains or plot points explored in Gotham Knights I think it fits pretty well all things considered.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

They really said it's not canon? That's a surprise. I guess the only people that were ok with expanding their movie universe with that medium were the matrix creators. I thought gotham Night was done well some of the artists ( since there was more then one artist) works I could have done with out. but it was like how the halo one was done.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-19-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Havok83
Side-Kick

Comic anime needs to be written from a Western standpoint. The Marvel ones I saw (Wolverine and X-men) were too Japanese centric and really missed out on what made the characters and themes what they are in the comics. It would be intersting to hear how the Japanese audience recieved them when they were released there bc they seemed off to me. Batman is even more rooted in America than a character like Wolverine so I can only imagine how screwed up a series featuring would have been had the same people done it

Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
zenith16
Side-Kick

The one I saw which was dubbed was done in the western interpretation and I was fine with that. what bugged me was it freaking was too centered on the movie version image wise and they the rehashed the legion story again with a made up character as prof X's son in place of legion again. It doesn't matter where the mission is. Their still doing the same as what was done in the comic's . It was just the image they chose and the fact it was like how some of those bad writers with no talent showing on the comic's telling a story that has be told / resolved to some degree with a new colt of paint telling it again . And that's sad.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-19-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #10
Benstamania
Shot first.

I may be one of the few that says this... But...

The Dark Knight Rises was an absolute disappointment for me. It really felt, to me, that Nolan was tired of this world and with these characters.

I won't go into a spoiler filled review but I feel he should have stopped at 2...Like Burton.

I don't expect everyone to feel this way... But man.. Bring on the reboot..

Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #11
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I may be one of the few that says this... But...

The Dark Knight Rises was an absolute disappointment for me. It really felt, to me, that Nolan was tired of this world and with these characters.

I won't go into a spoiler filled review but I feel he should have stopped at 2...Like Burton.

I don't expect everyone to feel this way... But man.. Bring on the reboot..
I just dont think you understood it man. No offense, but the minute the credits rolled, i realized this movie just wouldnt be for everyone. I could sense in the theater the vacant expressions of all the dumbfounded individuals who couldnt grasp the true story within that film. Where a film like the Avengers or the Amazing Spider-Man allows you to sit there and stuff your face with popcorn and come out smiling, this movie wants you to ask questions. It did something that no other comic book based film has done. It transcended the genre. It wasn't about spectacle and that cool guy in the costume. It was so much more. As fantastic a job as Nolan did, the one thing he failed to do with Rises, was make a movie for the average movie-goer. This is either fortunate or unfortunate, depending on ones point of view.

With that out of the way, damn i wish i could get a Tom Hardy skin for the Bane in this game. Man Hardy puts that incarnation to shame. I also wish i could get a Begins or Rises costume. Might really have to consider getting a PC, just for those damn Arkham City mods.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #12
Poeman
Banned User

Its a drama epic...People expected a rousing action film. But there is so much emotion and thought behind the film it was great.

However, I stopped mid-way through the game when i first bought it. I am going to hop on it and try to finish the storyline so I can get on the freeplay mode and side missions.

Feel like being Batman

Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I just dont think you understood it man. No offense, but the minute the credits rolled, i realized this movie just wouldnt be for everyone. I could sense in the theater the vacant expressions of all the dumbfounded individuals who couldnt grasp the true story within that film. Where a film like the Avengers or the Amazing Spider-Man allows you to sit there and stuff your face with popcorn and come out smiling, this movie wants you to ask questions. It did something that no other comic book based film has done. It transcended the genre. It wasn't about spectacle and that cool guy in the costume. It was so much more. As fantastic a job as Nolan did, the one thing he failed to do with Rises, was make a movie for the average movie-goer. This is either fortunate or unfortunate, depending on ones point of view.

With that out of the way, damn i wish i could get a Tom Hardy skin for the Bane in this game. Man Hardy puts that incarnation to shame. I also wish i could get a Begins or Rises costume. Might really have to consider getting a PC, just for those damn Arkham City mods.
No... I understand it. This movie wasn't "above" or "too smart" for me. It was a let down... Plain and simple. It felt, to me and my friends, that Nolan was going beyond the source material because he can.

I liked Begins.. I really liked TDK... But Rises is NOT a good Batman movie IMHO. I'm sure people will love it and tell me I just didn't get it but this movie wasn't Batman.

If play AA/AC again before I watched this movie again anyway... Or watch TAS... Or read the comics.

There were just too many rolleye/I call ******** on that moments in this flick...

Revelation 22:20
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Its a drama epic...People expected a rousing action film. But there is so much emotion and thought behind the film it was great.
Put this in a spoiler tag... Nothing in it is spoilerrific... It may lower your expectations though.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
No, see... This is where people are going to think others are top "dumb" to get this movie....And I'm not saying you are but I feel that will be the instant defense for this film..

Begins and TDK were not action films... Hell, the action in those films weren't good to begin with.. If Nolan has a fault I think it's directing fight scenes at least in the past two movies.

What I expected was Batman... I didn't get that. The joy I had from watching Begins and TDK was gone... Gone was the Batman that I thought Nolan nailed from the past two movies... Instead he was replaced with a pouty moapy sap.

Batman wasn't Batman.

Alfred didn't feel like Alfred anymore.

Giving us a character... Just to kill said character off? Dumb..

I just left the theater feeling let down and annoyed. Not because I couldn't eat popcorn and have fun... But because this movie felt nothing like the Batman universe I know. It felt nothing like the Universe Nolan set up in the past two films.

I'm glad it's over and done with. I hope we get a director/writer that isn't afraid of giving us Clay face, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze. I'm hoping we get a director that isn't afraid to give us a serious Batman that isn't hyper realistic. Batman is one of the greatest comic book character of all time and is so much greater than anything Hollywood has given us so far.

TDK set the bar... Sadly TDK didn't meet it. I hope whoever gets it next manages to top it.

Last edited by Benstamania; 07-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
Havok83
Side-Kick

Guys, you should limit TDK talk to the TDK forum. Movie JUST came out and I think its a safe bet to say most people havent seen it yet

Old 07-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Oscorp
Side-Kick

What Havok said

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM2.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Guys, you should limit TDK talk to the TDK forum. Movie JUST came out and I think its a safe bet to say most people havent seen it yet
I refuse to go to those forums. I haven't spoiled anything in regards to the film. I can put them in spoiler tags if it helps... But reading anything I say won't ruin the film for you.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I refuse to go to those forums. I haven't spoiled anything in regards to the film. I can put them in spoiler tags if it helps... But reading anything I say won't ruin the film for you.
saying that one of the characters introduced is killed is a bit of a spoiler. Anyways, it doesnt belong here. If it was something old, it wouldnt be much of an issue but 12 hours out is too recent to derail this thread by making it a TDK discussion thread. I think its best to just stick to the games over here and keep TDK discussion limited, especially again bc most havent seen it yet. Its just a common courtesy thing

Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
zenith16
Side-Kick

It's fine it is bat week every other place and they were using the arkham game as part of the way to celebrate it and he's not spoiling any thing really. as long as he doesn't spill any more details like the
death.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

At least Rocksteady knows how to do Batman stories right.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
No... I understand it. This movie wasn't "above" or "too smart" for me. It was a let down... Plain and simple. It felt, to me and my friends, that Nolan was going beyond the source material because he can.

I liked Begins.. I really liked TDK... But Rises is NOT a good Batman movie IMHO. I'm sure people will love it and tell me I just didn't get it but this movie wasn't Batman.

If play AA/AC again before I watched this movie again anyway... Or watch TAS... Or read the comics.

There were just too many rolleye/I call ******** on that moments in this flick...

ok here's pod cast from EPD.tv

Podcast

Vic’s Basement Episode 2: Batman Spoilers

Episode 2: Victor Lucas and Scott Jones head downstairs for Episode 2 of Vic's Basement. This week down in the basement: Vic and Scott talk out the pain they are feeling in the wake of The Dark Knight Rises.

source: RTOR pod cast aka assoiate of EPD.Tv

They say specifically not to listen unless you've seen it. But I'm only putting this up cause may be it'll have some things bens will relate to. (especially since it seems they have the same score out of 10 for the movie) So anyway you others don't listen. it's for bens ear's only it'll be in spoiler tag's.

And I don't really want to derail it any further. so to set thing's back on track.

Features

A Look at Recent Batman Games

Victor uses his detective skills to examine all the recent video games featuring the Caped Crusader

source:same place .

Last edited by zenith16; 07-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
At least Rocksteady knows how to do Batman stories right.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
Havok83
Side-Kick

I played Nightwing and Robin for the first time now that I got the GOTY. I wish Rocksteady had released a patch that allowed you to use them in free roam once you beat the game

Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I played Nightwing and Robin for the first time now that I got the GOTY. I wish Rocksteady had released a patch that allowed you to use them in free roam once you beat the game
Co-sign.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #25
Poeman
Banned User

Beat the game today...Satisfied with the ending. Now I shall venture off to free roam

Closed Thread