The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #26
Mob1423
LE-HOO...SEH-HER!

Default Re: Ant-Man costume thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick9592 View Post
I'd go with the third one; it looks more presentable. Unless if they want to go Ultimates style;

Eh...when I look at the Ultimates costume, I instantly think of the Affleck Daredevil suit

Mob1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Derrick9592
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob1423 View Post
Eh...when I look at the Ultimates costume, I instantly think of the Affleck Daredevil suit
Now I think of it, it actually does kinda look like the Affleck Daredevil suit. Never really thought of that.

Derrick9592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #28
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I'm not sure how great the classic suit would look on fil
M. But at the same time I want him to be recognizable as ant man. Marvel is good about costumes though. So I'm not aLl that worried

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Mob1423
LE-HOO...SEH-HER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I'm not sure how great the classic suit would look on fil
M. But at the same time I want him to be recognizable as ant man. Marvel is good about costumes though. So I'm not aLl that worried
Every costume except Weapon XI. I don't think he deserves to be called Deadpool

Mob1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob1423 View Post
Every costume except Weapon XI. I don't think he deserves to be called Deadpool
Oh yeah. I meant marvel studios but I totally agree on that one. Lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #31
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
I'd go with the third one; it looks more presentable. Unless if they want to go Ultimates style;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post

I am going to sketch something up, but they could go with a helmet like this. Maybe less bulky though.

I would combine these two costumes. Add some silver metalish areas to impry cybernetic parts to his costume and this helmet here:

It looks like a real world version of his classic helmet. Just small minro little tweaks here and there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
nikos52
Newbie First Class

i think they'll go with something closer to the ultimate version, less flashy...
i mean, the concept of a man who can control ants and become very small or vey big is cheezy enough, so the costume must be something simple and not too flashy

nikos52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #33
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

I'm fond of this one, even though I know it's not Hank in the suit.

And please, not the Ultimates costume. I don't get why so many of you keep voting for it. It looks like excrement.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #34
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

I hate Ultimate Hank. He makes me sick.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I drew this up as a concept for what the suit could possibly look like. I'm not the best artist, but oh well:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #36
VictorShade
Side-Kick

^ Not so shabby! Good job! I'll bet the actual design won't be to far from what you got here. Groovy cool.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #37
TheWatcher
Dapper

I love it mate!

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
marcvader
Lurker #1

I personally prefer a less armored look. I prefer a jump suit with the helmet sans antenae and some armor accents, keeping it minimal, here and there.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
I hate Ultimate Hank. He makes me sick.

Ultimate Hank sucks! They raped his personality on that one. The costume isn't so horrible I guess, I just hate the way they portrayed him. With no Hawkeye around, they made Hank the wise-ass, and pushed it even further by making him an A-hole, that seemed nothing like the Hank we know and love.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #40
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post
Ultimate Hank sucks! They raped his personality on that one. The costume isn't so horrible I guess, I just hate the way they portrayed him. With no Hawkeye around, they made Hank the wise-ass, and pushed it even further by making him an A-hole, that seemed nothing like the Hank we know and love.
He was a form of a-hole known as 'sociopath'. Captain America became one of my top characters when he beat the eff out of the dude.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #41
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.
Quote:
I would combine these two costumes. Add some silver metalish areas to impry cybernetic parts to his costume and this helmet here:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Artistsean; 08-14-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #42
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:

It looks like a real world version of his classic helmet. Just small minro little tweaks here and there.
That's the Atom, though.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
marcvader
Lurker #1

I think he knows. Doesn't he?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
That's the Atom, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I think he knows. Doesn't he?
Oh, I knew. I scanned it from a Hawkman book I was reading by Rags.
But it was like an epiphany. It looked perfect. It looked like a the Ant Man helmet only smaller and sleeker. Something they might do in the Ant Man movie.
I also drew and posted that helmet on a version of the costume i thought could work in the movie here:

Quote:
This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #45
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Oh, I knew. I scanned it from a Hawkman book I was reading by Rags.
But it was like an epiphany. It looked perfect. It looked like a the Ant Man helmet only smaller and sleeker. Something they might do in the Ant Man movie.
I also drew and posted that helmet on a version of the costume i thought could work in the movie here:
Ahh. Well, either way, I like your re-design. Maybe if it somehow covered up more of his face, I'd absolutely love it. But it's legit and I can see them going this route.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #46
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Ahh. Well, either way, I like your re-design. Maybe if it somehow covered up more of his face, I'd absolutely love it. But it's legit and I can see them going this route.
I thought that with an actor under the helmet and how most Marvel heroes end up without their mask or helmet, it might be a good idea to show as much of his face as possible while the helmet is on. Might get them to keep the helmet on more.
That is also why I thought the mouthpiece could be disconnected like a pilot's. So that he will still have his helmet on most of the way while still showing the actor's face.
I too think he would end up wearing goggles, for no other reason than they scream spy to me for some reason. But also because of what Pym is doing as Ant Man I see him needing goggles. I see the goggles looking like bug eyes. Maybe some fly eyes like the goggles he had in Avengers Forever:

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #47
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
I'm thinking we'll get something similar to this.

That one gets my vote.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:40 AM   #48
Chewy
REDACTED

Yeah, I love how that actually looks like an ant. I think Wright said they were going with a modern costume that has a lot of black in it, so it could be exactly that one

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #49
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:

Immediately thought of this.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #50
marcvader
Lurker #1

God I hate that shiny vinyl look.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!