The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

View Poll Results: Should NOVA be in GOTG
Yes! But just as Richard Rider a High school student 3 5.26%
YES bring on NOVA, deal with origin story later 32 56.14%
At least show us the Nova Corps, forget Rider for now 10 17.54%
just stick with the Guardians for now 12 21.05%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #51
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

I knew nothing of Nova until I read Annihilation, but loved the character ever since, I would love to see him in this, in any capacity, but its a pretty packed movie already.

If Marvel is willing to do a Nova movie, I think I would prefer that. Followed closely by Annihilation.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #52
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I love Nova, but this movie should be about Star-Lord. Give Nova his own origin movie in Phase III & then put him in the Guardians sequels.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #53
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I love Nova, but this movie should be about Star-Lord. Give Nova his own origin movie in Phase III & then put him in the Guardians sequels.
After Green Lantern's incredibly soft performance, Nova feels like a gamble to me.

In terms of Guardians of the Galaxy, he's just too damn powerful (at least Richard Rider as Nova Prime.) What's the point with a Raccoon with a gun, and a Green chick with a God Slaying sword if you can blow up planets?

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #54
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

GL did bad because it was a bad movie. Marvel should take the opportunity & try to make a Nova a big character while GL is down.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #55
Chewy
REDACTED

I think if Guardians hits we'll be looking at potential Rich as Nova and Carol as Capt Marvel cosmic movies, but for now it's wait and see

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #56
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I think if Guardians hits we'll be looking at potential Rich as Nova and Carol as Capt Marvel cosmic movies, but for now it's wait and see
I thought about that as well.. Maybe Marvel wants to see GA reaction to there cosmic world before introducing there bigger heroes to it. So that if GOTG flops (which I highly doubt), it doesn't affect the MCU that much. Cause they probably looked at Green Lantern as well, and thought maybe a Nova or Ms. Marvel film set in space is not as good of an option, especially with the boost they giving Ms. Marvel in recent years, im sure that they want to give her a real classic film.

However, Rider does have some ties to this team, so I'd like to see him cameo at least, or just show us the Nova Corps. So when Nova gets his own film, GA will know about the corps already. The Corps should be embedded in the film similarly to how SHIELD was incorporated in Iron Man 1. They there, but never distracting from the narrative...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #57
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I've been a fan of Scott Porter for a while, and he's the person that I most want to see play a superhero.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/19...of-the-galaxy/

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 AM   #58
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I'd be fine with him as Nova. I'm starting to wonder if Nova will be added in this movie with rewrites and what not. Though, I'm not sure how I'd feel like that. I'm all set for Nova to be in a movie, but how would they do both Star-Lord & Nova in the same movie?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #59
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

He's always wanted to be involved in something comic related, Scott Porter that is. He'll get the right project eventually. So this is pure speculation but maybe Nova is in the film... I'd be surprised honestly unless they are kinda mining from Annihilation.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #60
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Its kind of sad but I think he hasn't gotten a comic book role because of how badly he wants it. Sometimes people are put off by that. The closest he's gotten was Speed Racer lol.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #61
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

I feel like sometimes he gets support specifically because of that. He's a decent actor though, I'm sure he'll catch his break eventually.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #62
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Uh, maybe casting directors slash studios should stop mining the cast of FNL for talent. So far, its been an unmitigated disaster. Attractive people with decent acting skills are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. No need to focus on that show in particular. I think some of you are just overly fond of that "All American" look because its consistent with the comics. Thats exactly the kind of generic-ness that these movies don't need.

Frankly, 99% of the (creative) success of FNL came down to the writing and directing. Plenty of actors could handle those "ordinary folk" characters.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 09-22-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #63
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Uh, maybe casting directors slash studios should stop mining the cast of FNL for talent. So far, its been an unmitigated disaster. Attractive people with decent acting skills are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. No need to focus on that show in particular. I think some of you are just overly fond of that "All American" look because its consistent with the comics. Thats exactly the kind of generic-ness that these movies don't need.

Frankly, 99% of the (creative) success of FNL came down to the writing and directing. Plenty of actors could handle those "ordinary folk" characters.
Eh, I think you're being a bit harsh. Though I'll agree that most of the young cast are surviving on looks alone. I personally think Zack Gilford is a really good actor but of course as far as I know doesn't have six pack abs and is not incredibly good looking. As much as I love FNL, I actually think Scott Porter's character was so damn annoying. I couldn't stand Jason Street most of the time.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #64
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Lol you may be right about being too harsh. And I agree that, as far as the "young" cast members go, Gilford was the most interesting. But my basic point still stands.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #65
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Kyle Chandler for Rocket Raccoon!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #66
stingerman
Side-Kick

A couple of us Nova fans have been talking.

Could Marvel have gone with "Sam Alexander" because of the obvious joke with "Richard Rider?"

If Nova appears in GoTG, I'm thinking more than likely it will be Sam. He's getting a new comic as well as appearing in Ult. Spidey.

All by Jeph Loeb.

Marvel's been planning the new cosmic stuff under Loeb for a couple years.

stingerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #67
metaphysician
Side-Kick

La la la, I can't hear you!

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #68
YoungPrime
Banned User

Until Fox lets go of Silver Surfer, I think Nova could be a great stand in the Marvel Cosmic Universe.

And worse case scenario if Fox doesn't let go of the F4 franchise then Dormammu and his dimension of demons/creatures/whatever could replace the Negative Zone's Annihilation wave. Which would be great for GotG sequel.

Do it right and cast the right people for the parts and no one will miss a beat. And FOX can continue to sit on great characters or ruin them by shoe horning them in out of place cameo's and rediculous, god awful, continuity and backstory premises and bad actors.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #69
Panther X
Side-Kick

Pardon me if this has been brought up before, but has anyone noticed those star shaped looking things behind the team in the concept art? Might just be a weird coincidence, but to me they look an awful lot like the one's seen on the Nova corps' helmets. Maybe not exactly the same, but altering the look of something isn't completely out the realm of possibly as we all know.

Point is, could it signify their debut in this film along with Nova? I sure hope so, him and Quil seem to be good buddies, and it'd be wise to establish that early on.

Panther X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #70
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
Pardon me if this has been brought up before, but has anyone noticed those star shaped looking things behind the team in the concept art? Might just be a weird coincidence, but to me they look an awful lot like the one's seen on the Nova corps' helmets. Maybe not exactly the same, but altering the look of something isn't completely out the realm of possibly as we all know.

Point is, could it signify their debut in this film along with Nova? I sure hope so, him and Quil seem to be good buddies, and it'd be wise to establish that early on.
Yeah...I see them now as well.

It could have significance. Nova corp's are the galaxy police so odds are they'll be in pursuit of the Guardians initially until something happens that brings Quil and Nova together. (Thanos perhaps?)

Old 10-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #71
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Looking at Those Stars in the Concept Art, and the Star on the Helmet... I think it would make perfect sense for the Nova Corps to be the galaxy police that would be chasing the guardians!

LoL Panther X i dont think no one even really saw that connection, especially has it really stands out now! GREAT FIND!!

Even Though it doesnt confirm that Nova will be involved i think we could expect the Corps to be involved in some capacity!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Those "stars" in the background look more like the Kree star on Mar-Vell's logo than Nova's star.

And the way they're grouped almost exclusively around Groot leads me to believe that those things are just spurs Groot detaches from his body to use as weapons/defense. (Quite a few pics of Groot in the comics show twigs and branches hovering around him, so that might be the effect the concept artist was going for.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #73
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

I think they're basically just there to show that the Guardian's are stood in a 'cosmic' place. With that said, I'd be more than happy for Rider to show up. He's cool.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #74
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
I think they're basically just there to show that the Guardian's are stood in a 'cosmic' place. With that said, I'd be more than happy for Rider to show up. He's cool.
Why show them to make that point then?

Why not have them standing on planet Ego or facing the Magus?

How about a picture of them dueling it out in an arena on Planet Hulk?

Fox having the rights to X-men and F4 really hurts the Marvel Cosmic Universe so I don't think they'd put Nova Corps in the background just for show. I think they're going to use the little that they have at their disposal.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #75
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Why show them to make that point then?

Why not have them standing on planet Ego or facing the Magus?

How about a picture of them dueling it out in an arena on Planet Hulk?

Fox having the rights to X-men and F4 really hurts the Marvel Cosmic Universe so I don't think they'd put Nova Corps in the background just for show. I think they're going to use the little that they have at their disposal.
Yep I agree!!

Not only that but if the Guardians are essentially outlaws on the run... Who is the police force that will have to take them down?? I really think that this would be how the Nova Corps will be introduced.

Rider is a different case, but they could essentially have him as the lead Nova charged with taking this team down, but he ends up teaming up with the Guardians when he sees that Star-Lord is human... Having the two human characters on opposing sides, then teaming up seems like logical step, as it allows the audience to connect easier with this situation.