The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

View Poll Results: Should NOVA be in GOTG
Yes! But just as Richard Rider a High school student 3 5.26%
YES bring on NOVA, deal with origin story later 32 56.14%
At least show us the Nova Corps, forget Rider for now 10 17.54%
just stick with the Guardians for now 12 21.05%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #76
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Yep I agree!!

Not only that but if the Guardians are essentially outlaws on the run... Who is the police force that will have to take them down?? I really think that this would be how the Nova Corps will be introduced.

Rider is a different case, but they could essentially have him as the lead Nova charged with taking this team down, but he ends up teaming up with the Guardians when he sees that Star-Lord is human... Having the two human characters on opposing sides, then teaming up seems like logical step, as it allows the audience to connect easier with this situation.

You know, I like this idea a lot.

I'd change Richard Rider's backstory, though, which has always been yet another riff on Abin Sur (alien crash lands on Earth and randomly chooses the nearest human to take over his power set). Instead, I'd make both Rider and Peter Quill astronauts, but several years apart:

Rider was alone on a space station orbiting Earth a few years back when NASA lost contact with him; an emergency shuttle mission discovered only that Rider had gone EVA and went missing, presumed dead. Now, in 2012, in the wake of the Chitauri Invasion, SHIELD (and the rest of Earth) kick an international space program (SWORD) into high gear to prepare for and defend against future extraterrestrial threats, now that we know they're the real deal and not just tinfoil hat conspiracies. Peter Quill is one of the most promising fighter pilots in this new group. During one of his first training missions in orbit, he actually encounters an alien ship and engages it --- only to be captured and brought aboard. His captor is an unbelievably beautiful alien creature named Gamora....(Or a scary-looking Ent named Groot. Or a cute 'n' cuddly little raccoon. Whichever you prefer.)

...And, as you say, the Guardians are fugitives, on the run from Nova Corps. Nova hunts them down ruthlessly like Wyatt Earp or Elliot Ness. When Quill finds out Nova is human, he tries to reason with him, learns his true identity (and how Astronaut Richard Rider was abducted by aliens on that space station years ago, and eventually became Nova), and they come to realize that the real enemy is someone else (mad titan) and they team up together in the climactic battle.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #77
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,490
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I like this idea a lot.

I'd change Richard Rider's backstory, though, which has always been yet another riff on Abin Sur (alien crash lands on Earth and randomly chooses the nearest human to take over his power set). Instead, I'd make both Rider and Peter Quill astronauts, but several years apart:

Rider was alone on a space station orbiting Earth a few years back when NASA lost contact with him; an emergency shuttle mission discovered only that Rider had gone EVA and went missing, presumed dead. Now, in 2012, in the wake of the Chitauri Invasion, SHIELD (and the rest of Earth) kick an international space program (SWORD) into high gear to prepare for and defend against future extraterrestrial threats, now that we know they're the real deal and not just tinfoil hat conspiracies. Peter Quill is one of the most promising fighter pilots in this new group. During one of his first training missions in orbit, he actually encounters an alien ship and engages it --- only to be captured and brought aboard. His captor is an unbelievably beautiful alien creature named Gamora....(Or a scary-looking Ent named Groot. Or a cute 'n' cuddly little raccoon. Whichever you prefer.)

...And, as you say, the Guardians are fugitives, on the run from Nova Corps. Nova hunts them down ruthlessly like Wyatt Earp or Elliot Ness. When Quill finds out Nova is human, he tries to reason with him, learns his true identity (and how Astronaut Richard Rider was abducted by aliens on that space station years ago, and eventually became Nova), and they come to realize that the real enemy is someone else (mad titan) and they team up together in the climactic battle.
This sounds quite good, wouldnt mind this happening in the movie at all.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #78
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I like this idea a lot.

I'd change Richard Rider's backstory, though, which has always been yet another riff on Abin Sur (alien crash lands on Earth and randomly chooses the nearest human to take over his power set). Instead, I'd make both Rider and Peter Quill astronauts, but several years apart:

Rider was alone on a space station orbiting Earth a few years back when NASA lost contact with him; an emergency shuttle mission discovered only that Rider had gone EVA and went missing, presumed dead. Now, in 2012, in the wake of the Chitauri Invasion, SHIELD (and the rest of Earth) kick an international space program (SWORD) into high gear to prepare for and defend against future extraterrestrial threats, now that we know they're the real deal and not just tinfoil hat conspiracies. Peter Quill is one of the most promising fighter pilots in this new group. During one of his first training missions in orbit, he actually encounters an alien ship and engages it --- only to be captured and brought aboard. His captor is an unbelievably beautiful alien creature named Gamora....(Or a scary-looking Ent named Groot. Or a cute 'n' cuddly little raccoon. Whichever you prefer.)

...And, as you say, the Guardians are fugitives, on the run from Nova Corps. Nova hunts them down ruthlessly like Wyatt Earp or Elliot Ness. When Quill finds out Nova is human, he tries to reason with him, learns his true identity (and how Astronaut Richard Rider was abducted by aliens on that space station years ago, and eventually became Nova), and they come to realize that the real enemy is someone else (mad titan) and they team up together in the climactic battle.
Do u write fan fiction? Cause this is Awesome!!

I think u just proved that Rider can be involved in the story without taking anything away from the Guardians, while also taking a new spin on his awful Origin Story... Never really liked it!

Definitely a great way to get pass the origin story, while introducing a older Nova and setting up pure epicness with that battle!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Thumbs up Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I like this idea a lot.

I'd change Richard Rider's backstory, though, which has always been yet another riff on Abin Sur (alien crash lands on Earth and randomly chooses the nearest human to take over his power set). Instead, I'd make both Rider and Peter Quill astronauts, but several years apart:

Rider was alone on a space station orbiting Earth a few years back when NASA lost contact with him; an emergency shuttle mission discovered only that Rider had gone EVA and went missing, presumed dead. Now, in 2012, in the wake of the Chitauri Invasion, SHIELD (and the rest of Earth) kick an international space program (SWORD) into high gear to prepare for and defend against future extraterrestrial threats, now that we know they're the real deal and not just tinfoil hat conspiracies. Peter Quill is one of the most promising fighter pilots in this new group. During one of his first training missions in orbit, he actually encounters an alien ship and engages it --- only to be captured and brought aboard. His captor is an unbelievably beautiful alien creature named Gamora....(Or a scary-looking Ent named Groot. Or a cute 'n' cuddly little raccoon. Whichever you prefer.)

...And, as you say, the Guardians are fugitives, on the run from Nova Corps. Nova hunts them down ruthlessly like Wyatt Earp or Elliot Ness. When Quill finds out Nova is human, he tries to reason with him, learns his true identity (and how Astronaut Richard Rider was abducted by aliens on that space station years ago, and eventually became Nova), and they come to realize that the real enemy is someone else (mad titan) and they team up together in the climactic battle.
Until this post, I basically considered people who want Nova in GoTG to be the equivalent of people who say Spider-Man and Wolverine belong in the Avengers...annoying and not particularly well informed.

This post knocked that whole line of thinking off it's axis though. I'm highly impressed.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #80
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,490
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

^Me too, if they went with that for the movie, I would be more than happy. It would mean I would get to see Nova, a character I love without an origin that I dont.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #81
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Me too, if they went with that for the movie, I would be more than happy. It would mean I would get to see Nova, a character I love without an origin that I dont.
Yes. Nova is so hard to do because his origin is such a huge Abin Sur/ Green Lantern riff.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #82
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,250
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Damn, that Nova idea is awesome; I actually hope something like that happens now. Marvel's been making a big push for Nova lately, so I think he'll pop up in a movie sooner or later.

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #83
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central City, Warzone!
Posts: 50
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

As seen in the Concept Art for the movie, I'm thinking those Nova Corps symbol shaped ships are the Nova Corps. I think Fox owns the writes to the Kree, Shi'ar and the Skrulls therefore having the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire sounds more than reasonable. Hopefully I'm right and we see rookie Rider make a cameo. The cameo will prob go like this:

Nova (Richard Rider) flies way from the Guardians and he comments to himself about Star-Lord,


Nova: “Blue Blazes, I really hate that guy.”


Star-Lord to the team: “You know, I really love that kid.”


Gamora: “Just let me sleep with him 1st.”

Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #84
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
As seen in the Concept Art for the movie, I'm thinking those Nova Corps symbol shaped ships are the Nova Corps. I think Fox owns the writes to the Kree, Shi'ar and the Skrulls therefore having the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire sounds more than reasonable. Hopefully I'm right and we see rookie Rider make a cameo. The cameo will prob go like this:

Nova (Richard Rider) flies way from the Guardians and he comments to himself about Star-Lord,


Nova: “Blue Blazes, I really hate that guy.”


Star-Lord to the team: “You know, I really love that kid.”


Gamora: “Just let me sleep with him 1st.”
I've yet to hear anything that suggests Fox owns the Kree rights. Also, the Nova Corp would make fairly bad antagonists.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #85
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central City, Warzone!
Posts: 50
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I've yet to hear anything that suggests Fox owns the Kree rights. Also, the Nova Corp would make fairly bad antagonists.
You seem confused.. When did I say anything about Nova Corps being the antagonists? Have you read anything from Annihilation: Conquest?

Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #86
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
You seem confused.. When did I say anything about Nova Corps being the antagonists? Have you read anything from Annihilation: Conquest?
If you are using them to replace the Kree, combined with the fact that we know the movie will involve the GotG starting as criminals. . . that pretty strongly implies that the Nova Corps will be what they are running *from*.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #87
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central City, Warzone!
Posts: 50
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
If you are using them to replace the Kree, combined with the fact that we know the movie will involve the GotG starting as criminals. . . that pretty strongly implies that the Nova Corps will be what they are running *from*.
You've obviously have not read the comics. In "Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord", the Kree Empire are on the same side as Pete. The Kree Empire are good guys. Right after Pete accidentally brings in the Phalanx (bad guys) to Hala (Kree Capital), the Kree Agents take Pete to their base in order to prep him up to fight the Phalanx. They assign him a team to take out the main Phalanx tower. The team consists of those the Kree Empire has already imprisoned. Such as Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Mantis, Bug, Capt. Universe, and some Shi'ar chick. Together Pete and these (now) ex-cons go forth on this suicide mission because the Kree see them as expendable and they don't want to waste their good men.

If in the movie they use the same plot points, they can substitute the Kree Empire for the Nova Corps and Hala for Xandar, etc.


Last edited by Guardian Outlaw; 10-16-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: told mp the story cuz he didn't know
Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #88
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

God, I love Sam Alexander.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Said no one. Ever.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #89
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
God, I love Sam Alexander.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Said no one. Ever.
Lol haha lmao

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #90
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
You've obviously have not read the comics. In "Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord", the Kree Empire are on the same side as Pete. The Kree Empire are good guys. Right after Pete accidentally brings in the Phalanx (bad guys) to Hala (Kree Capital), the Kree Agents take Pete to their base in order to prep him up to fight the Phalanx. They assign him a team to take out the main Phalanx tower. The team consists of those the Kree Empire has already imprisoned. Such as Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Mantis, Bug, Capt. Universe, and some Shi'ar chick. Together Pete and these (now) ex-cons go forth on this suicide mission because the Kree see them as expendable and they don't want to waste their good men.

If in the movie they use the same plot points, they can substitute the Kree Empire for the Nova Corps and Hala for Xandar, etc.
You seem to be glued to the comics. This is the MCU. Things are totally different, just because the kree were on his side in Annihilation, doesn't mean they will be in the MCU. Same thing with your ironman vs nova thing. Its the MCU, totally different universe. Things WILL be different. I don't think that is what he was implying

And regarding ironman and nova, nova prime? Hulkbuster? There is no reason for Ironman to have Hulkbuster armor in the MCU, and nova will probably not be at that full power. MCU ironman WOULD win because they will probably be similar in power at this point. And two, in the MCU, he is marvel's cover boy.

MCU=/=616 universe.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #91
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central City, Warzone!
Posts: 50
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You seem to be glued to the comics. This is the MCU. Things are totally different, just because the kree were on his side in Annihilation, doesn't mean they will be in the MCU.
Smh *double facepalm

You seem to be glued to one comment. If you're going to jump in the middle of a conversation, please read the entire conversation. As I said before in the previous post to that, "I think Fox owns the writes to the Kree, Shi'ar and the Skrulls therefore having the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire sounds more than reasonable."

You see Fox owns X-Men and Fantastic Four. Therefore it is very possible they own the writes to the Kree Empire. Therefore in the MCU, the Nova Corps will be the perfect substitute for the Kree Empire and Xandar will be a perfect substitute for Hala.

If the Nova Corps is substituting for the Kree Empire in the MCU then this will easily bring in a Rookie Rider and for that sole reason is why I am posting in this thread in the 1st place because yes, I totally agree with you, the MCU will be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Same thing with your ironman vs nova thing. Its the MCU, totally different universe. Things WILL be different. I don't think that is what he was implying

And regarding ironman and nova, nova prime? Hulkbuster? There is no reason for Ironman to have Hulkbuster armor in the MCU, and nova will probably not be at that full power. MCU ironman WOULD win because they will probably be similar in power at this point. And two, in the MCU, he is marvel's cover boy.

MCU=/=616 universe.
Again, as I said before in the other thread (why your mentioning it here idk), seeing that both are in the MCU, Nova would be Rookie Rider and yes, Iron Man would win that fight.

So please, next time, read before posting, please.

Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #92
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

I'm just going by the brief descriptors Marvel has released for the movie, which described the Guardians as being outlaws on the run. Take of that what you will.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #93
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
Smh *double facepalm

You seem to be glued to one comment. If you're going to jump in the middle of a conversation, please read the entire conversation. As I said before in the previous post to that, "I think Fox owns the writes to the Kree, Shi'ar and the Skrulls therefore having the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire sounds more than reasonable."

You see Fox owns X-Men and Fantastic Four. Therefore it is very possible they own the writes to the Kree Empire. Therefore in the MCU, the Nova Corps will be the perfect substitute for the Kree Empire and Xandar will be a perfect substitute for Hala.

If the Nova Corps is substituting for the Kree Empire in the MCU then this will easily bring in a Rookie Rider and for that sole reason is why I am posting in this thread in the 1st place because yes, I totally agree with you, the MCU will be different.



Again, as I said before in the other thread (why your mentioning it here idk), seeing that both are in the MCU, Nova would be Rookie Rider and yes, Iron Man would win that fight.

So please, next time, read before posting, please.

Okay dad.

Lol Let's not jump to conclusions. I did not mean it in an offensive way. So don't take it personally please. I read everything you just said. I said what I made out of it. Was it your intention? Apparently not. Did I miss understand what you said? Apparently so. Just because I didn't understand the context of what you said doesn't mean I didn't read it. So like you said, lets not be jumping to conclusions. A simple misunderstanding, I did not mean harm by what I was saying, so there is no need for you to get defensive or hostile, or be a wise butt (lol). With that being said, its an open forum, as long as people are posting, people are going to be coming into conversations unfortunately, it is not a private conversation. Because I chose to comment on a particular part of your conversation, does not mean I didn't read the entire thing. But let's not get into a pointless dispute (I know....no news for us right now...its difficult and the worst part about waiting and waiting lol)

But that being said, I like where you are coming from.

oh on a side note, I do believe Kevin Fiege has said that Marvel owns the rights to the Kree. Don't quote me on that because I am not sure where I heard that. Though I would like for the Kree to appear sometime. I just don't see it happening. Not soon anyway. Which could be interesting, especially if Ms. Marvel is going to appear.

If so, how do you think she'll get her powers? (assuming she's introduced in the TV show, and then into the second avengers film..this all being speculation)

damn I over use parenthesis

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #94
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

It'd be stupid to have the Guardians on the run from the Nova Corps. The Nova Corps is simply too powerful. There's no way at all they could last long against them. The Kree, on the other hand, are a different matter.

And no, Fox doesn't have the rights to the Kree. They don't even have the rights to the Skrulls. They own the Super-Skrull, but not the Skrull race, so Marvel's clear to use the Kree if they like.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #95
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

^ okay that's what I thought. Marvel is free to use Kree and the Skrull as they may. Interesting, I hope to see one of them turn up.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #96
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ okay that's what I thought. Marvel is free to use Kree and the Skrull as they may. Interesting, I hope to see one of them turn up.
As far as we know.
Only the lawyers know for sure who's on each studio's roster. The only cosmic entities I think we can safely say that Fox took off the table are Galactus, Surfer and Kl'rt (Super Skrull). And we obviously know that Thanos and the GOTG are exclusive to MS. Anybody else is fair game.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #97
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,250
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
God, I love Sam Alexander.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Said no one. Ever.

*lowers gun* Good, I thought I had to put you down Kang.

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #98
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central City, Warzone!
Posts: 50
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I'm just going by the brief descriptors Marvel has released for the movie, which described the Guardians as being outlaws on the run. Take of that what you will.
Even by their brief description, it's subject to change. They announced that before James Gunn was a confirmed re-writer and directer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Okay dad.
Okay son,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Lol Let's not jump to conclusions. I did not mean it in an offensive way. So don't take it personally please. I read everything you just said. I said what I made out of it. Was it your intention? Apparently not. Did I miss understand what you said? Apparently so. Just because I didn't understand the context of what you said doesn't mean I didn't read it. So like you said, lets not be jumping to conclusions. A simple misunderstanding, I did not mean harm by what I was saying, so there is no need for you to get defensive or hostile, or be a wise butt (lol). With that being said, its an open forum, as long as people are posting, people are going to be coming into conversations unfortunately, it is not a private conversation. Because I chose to comment on a particular part of your conversation, does not mean I didn't read the entire thing. But let's not get into a pointless dispute (I know....no news for us right now...its difficult and the worst part about waiting and waiting lol)
did you read everything the other guy and I said, before or after I told you to? lol

Yeah, it is an open thread, just be sure you know what you're talking about before you jump in guns blazing.

However yes, you misunderstood what I was implying. If you've read everything (like you said you did) I clearly said before, if both Nova and Iron Man were in their prime and prepared then Nova as Nova Prime would win. However in MCU, Iron Man would win. I feel that this conversation would have been completely avoided if you actually did read that part like you said you did.

Also, it really depends on what time frame you put it under cuz the question toward "who would win in that fight" in that post weren't specific.

Sorry if I'm being a wise-a** it's just my nature. I've grew up on loony tunes and superheros, so it's imbedded in my personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
But that being said, I like where you are coming from.
Thanks, that's really all I wanted to hear. Tell you the truth, I'd rather see the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire if they go off of the story from Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord. Think about it, if they use Xandar instead of Hala, we will be introduced into the entire Xandarian culture and potentially grow attached to them. This way, by the time the Nova movie happens, we already know who they are and how their society acts. Therefore they can start the movie with the destruction of Xandar and the Nova Corps, and we will still feel the impact because we have already been conditioned to them before hand in the Guardians movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
It'd be stupid to have the Guardians on the run from the Nova Corps. The Nova Corps is simply too powerful. There's no way at all they could last long against them.
Who said anything about the Guardians running from the Nova Corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
And no, Fox doesn't have the rights to the Kree. They don't even have the rights to the Skrulls. They own the Super-Skrull, but not the Skrull race, so Marvel's clear to use the Kree if they like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
As far as we know.
Only the lawyers know for sure who's on each studio's roster. The only cosmic entities I think we can safely say that Fox took off the table are Galactus, Surfer and Kl'rt (Super Skrull). And we obviously know that Thanos and the GOTG are exclusive to MS. Anybody else is fair game.
They own X-Men. Does this mean they own the Shi'ar as well? What about Gladiator?

It's funny if they introduce Kl'rt in the reboot without them mentioning on where he is from. That'll be confusing. It'll make Fox look even worse cuz the audience that doesn't know who he is will prob think he is a human with mutant powers or something.

However knowing Fox, they'll make Kl'rt a human who works for Weapon X and they gave him his powers. Thus uniting the F4 and the X-Men (like they want to do) in order to take him down.


Last edited by Guardian Outlaw; 10-18-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spell & gram
Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #99
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You know, I like this idea a lot.

I'd change Richard Rider's backstory, though, which has always been yet another riff on Abin Sur (alien crash lands on Earth and randomly chooses the nearest human to take over his power set). Instead, I'd make both Rider and Peter Quill astronauts, but several years apart:

Rider was alone on a space station orbiting Earth a few years back when NASA lost contact with him; an emergency shuttle mission discovered only that Rider had gone EVA and went missing, presumed dead. Now, in 2012, in the wake of the Chitauri Invasion, SHIELD (and the rest of Earth) kick an international space program (SWORD) into high gear to prepare for and defend against future extraterrestrial threats, now that we know they're the real deal and not just tinfoil hat conspiracies. Peter Quill is one of the most promising fighter pilots in this new group. During one of his first training missions in orbit, he actually encounters an alien ship and engages it --- only to be captured and brought aboard. His captor is an unbelievably beautiful alien creature named Gamora....(Or a scary-looking Ent named Groot. Or a cute 'n' cuddly little raccoon. Whichever you prefer.)

...And, as you say, the Guardians are fugitives, on the run from Nova Corps. Nova hunts them down ruthlessly like Wyatt Earp or Elliot Ness. When Quill finds out Nova is human, he tries to reason with him, learns his true identity (and how Astronaut Richard Rider was abducted by aliens on that space station years ago, and eventually became Nova), and they come to realize that the real enemy is someone else (mad titan) and they team up together in the climactic battle.
I tip my cap to you, sir.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #100
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,062
Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
Even by their brief description, it's subject to change. They announced that before James Gunn was a confirmed re-writer and directer.



Okay son,



did you read everything the other guy and I said, before or after I told you to? lol

Yeah, it is an open thread, just be sure you know what you're talking about before you jump in guns blazing.

However yes, you misunderstood what I was implying. If you've read everything (like you said you did) I clearly said before, if both Nova and Iron Man were in their prime and prepared then Nova as Nova Prime would win. However in MCU, Iron Man would win. I feel that this conversation would have been completely avoided if you actually did read that part like you said you did.

Also, it really depends on what time frame you put it under cuz the question toward "who would win in that fight" in that post weren't specific.

Sorry if I'm being a wise-a** it's just my nature. I've grew up on loony tunes and superheros, so it's imbedded in my personality.



Thanks, that's really all I wanted to hear. Tell you the truth, I'd rather see the Nova Corps take the place of the Kree Empire if they go off of the story from Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord. Think about it, if they use Xandar instead of Hala, we will be introduced into the entire Xandarian culture and potentially grow attached to them. This way, by the time the Nova movie happens, we already know who they are and how their society acts. Therefore they can start the movie with the destruction of Xandar and the Nova Corps, and we will still feel the impact because we have already been conditioned to them before hand in the Guardians movie.



Who said anything about the Guardians running from the Nova Corps?




They own X-Men. Does this mean they own the Shi'ar as well? What about Gladiator?

It's funny if they introduce Kl'rt in the reboot without them mentioning on where he is from. That'll be confusing. It'll make Fox look even worse cuz the audience that doesn't know who he is will prob think he is a human with mutant powers or something.

However knowing Fox, they'll make Kl'rt a human who works for Weapon X and they gave him his powers. Thus uniting the F4 and the X-Men (like they want to do) in order to take him down.
sooo...much..quoting lmao. But yeah I did it all before. I can just be a selective speaker. I agree Nova would take on Ironman. I kinda just sort of verbally went for the MCU characters.

and oh by the way, now that this has been established, from here on out, I WILL refer to you as "dad" every time I have a conversation with you..starting now.

well..starting next post

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.