The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

View Poll Results: Should NOVA be in GOTG
Yes! But just as Richard Rider a High school student 3 5.45%
YES bring on NOVA, deal with origin story later 31 56.36%
At least show us the Nova Corps, forget Rider for now 10 18.18%
just stick with the Guardians for now 11 20.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #101
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where's the love for NOVA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
sooo...much..quoting lmao. But yeah I did it all before. I can just be a selective speaker. I agree Nova would take on Ironman. I kinda just sort of verbally went for the MCU characters.

and oh by the way, now that this has been established, from here on out, I WILL refer to you as "dad" every time I have a conversation with you..starting now.

well..starting next post
"My mother, my Uncle, is that who made me? Am I just a piece of rotten fruit from my family tree? What will the future hold, who knows? All I know, is my family grows." -A Poem by Stan Brule

Thanks Son!

So who do you think would be a good actor to play Richard Rider and the Xanarian Worldmind? (if they make an appearance in the movie)

For Worldmind, Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) or David Bowie (for some odd reason)

For Nova, Scott Porter or Garrett Hedlund.

Scott Porter as Nova:

Garrett Hedlund as Nova:

Last edited by Guardian Outlaw; 10-19-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spell & gram
Guardian Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #102
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Outlaw View Post
"My mother, my Uncle, is that who made me? Am I just a piece of rotten fruit from my family tree? What will the future hold, who knows? All I know, is my family grows." -A Poem by Stan Brule

Thanks Son!

So who do you think would be a good actor to play Richard Rider and the Xanarian Worldmind? (if they make an appearance in the movie)

For Worldmind, Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus Prime) or David Bowie (for some odd reason)

For Nova, Scott Porter or Garrett Hedlund.

Scott Porter as Nova:

Garrett Hedlund as Nova:

Geeze...its tough, casting is always very difficult. I would possibly say Chris Pine? Maybe? :x

But Peter Cullen? I'm not sure haha. I mean, as you said, Peter Cullen = Optimus Prime, it would be sort of odd hear is voice in a marvel movie lol

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #103
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Garret has also been my choice for the role... he always gives a good performance and he can really make Nova a easily likeable character.

as for Worldmind... Maybe Liam Neeson hahah i can dream...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #104
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Geeze...its tough, casting is always very difficult. I would possibly say Chris Pine? Maybe? :x
Chris Pine would be good but I feel his place is as young Capt. Kirk. Yeah, Pine can play that cocky risk taking leader, who knows how to take down any foe by their weaknesses alone but it might be to repetitive of a career choice for him. If he would take the Rider role, I'd only see a young Capt. Kirk on screen (all cuz of the space setting too).

Also, like Scott Porter, they're too old for the role.

Quote:
But Peter Cullen? I'm not sure haha. I mean, as you said, Peter Cullen = Optimus Prime, it would be sort of odd hear is voice in a marvel movie lol
If he uses his O-Prime voice, it'll be epic! However he is a very skilled voice actor who can do a wide range of different voices and tones. O-Prime is his most famous. However my dream is that they have him re-dub the Planet Earth documentary with his O-Prime voice.

Also, I only said David Bowie as an inside joke. Idk if you watch Venture Bros but he's the brains of "The Guild of Calamitous Intent" who control the world. Therefore "brains" as in "Worldmind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Garret has also been my choice for the role... he always gives a good performance and he can really make Nova a easily likeable character.
Deff agree, Nova would be a role for him to make up from the terrible Tron movie he starred in. His performance was really good (the beginning scene) but the entire climax (plot wise) to the movie sucked imo. It felt like the ending to Tron, ripped off Star Wars: New Hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
as for Worldmind... Maybe Liam Neeson hahah i can dream...
Honestly, that would be a bada** voice for Worldmind. However to use him as just a voice actor would kind of be a waste of his talents (a little) but yes, one can dream...

Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #105
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Wait, his optimus prime voice isn't his natural speaking voice?

Damn have I been fooled

(sorry, I screwed up quoting lol)

Old 10-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #106
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait, his optimus prime voice isn't his natural speaking voice?

Damn have I been fooled

(sorry, I screwed up quoting lol)
OMG Hahaha! That would get out of hand, if that was his normal voice. He can pull of multiple types of voices and would be perfect for Worldmind. He's even a Space Sci-Fi fanboy. He'd love the role.

He's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJYqfwOBm0

In the 80s he also did the voices for Hulk, Mysterio and Red Skull.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #107
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
OMG Hahaha! That would get out of hand, if that was his normal voice. He can pull of multiple types of voices and would be perfect for Worldmind. He's even a Space Sci-Fi fanboy. He'd love the role.

He's normal voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJYqfwOBm0

In the 80s he also did the voices for Hulk, Mysterio and Red Skull.
WOW I had no idea, then okay that can work. I had NO IDRA

Old 10-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #108
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
WOW I had no idea, then okay that can work. I had NO IDRA
Haha, lol. You can even put the helmet on him and he'll look like Worldmind's head.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #109
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Hedlund isnt a bad choice at all, in fact I think he would be perfect for the role, can act, has done physical roles and has the look, would be very happy if he was cast as Nova.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #110
Guardian Outlaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Hedlund isnt a bad choice at all, in fact I think he would be perfect for the role, can act, has done physical roles and has the look, would be very happy if he was cast as Nova.
Best part is, he's the perfect age for the role too. He looks the age of a rookie if he makes an appearance in the Guardians movie then as time goes on until they make a Nova movie, he'll still look the age to play the mature Rider. He's perfect because he can grow with the role.

If you get Porter or Pine, they'll look way to old once the Nova movie hits.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #111
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Hope springs eternal.

Still just rumor 'n' spec right now, but BleedingCool has an interesting interview in which it's revealed that Marvel Comics are downsizing their hardcover line to "only titles that figure prominently into the Marvel Cinematic Universe Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Uncanny Avengers, and Indestructible Hulk."

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

So Marvel basically admits that Nova is part of the MCU, right there. QED.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #112
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Best part is, he's the perfect age for the role too. He looks the age of a rookie if he makes an appearance in the Guardians movie then as time goes on until they make a Nova movie, he'll still look the age to play the mature Rider. He's perfect because he can grow with the role.

If you get Porter or Pine, they'll look way to old once the Nova movie hits.
Agreed, he still looks the same as he did in Tron:Legacy, and he was a a lot like RR/Nova in that, I think he could go from the rookie to hardened warrior look over the course of a few movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Hope springs eternal.

Still just rumor 'n' spec right now, but BleedingCool has an interesting interview in which it's revealed that Marvel Comics are downsizing their hardcover line to "only titles that figure prominently into the Marvel Cinematic Universe Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Uncanny Avengers, and Indestructible Hulk."

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

Just read this, not a confirmation at all, but an indication they have ideas for Nova, I personally couldnt be happier, have been a big fan since Annihilation.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #113
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Hope springs eternal.

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

Lol I don't why I'm so excited but I am!!! This has to be a good sign for Nova!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #114
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hope springs eternal.

Nova
Nova
NOVA
NOVA

I'm all for Nova being in the MCU, but I couldn't find that quote anywhere, cherokeesam.

Have you got a link?

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #115
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
I'm all for Nova being in the MCU, but I couldn't find that quote anywhere, cherokeesam.

Have you got a link?
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/17...va-is-planned/

Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #116
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Except that Nova is ****ing Sam Alexander.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #117
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #118
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
If/when Nova makes it into the MCU, we don't know if it would be Sam or Richard.

I'm going to say, apropos of nothing, that the fact that the animated version of Nova in the current kiddified Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is Rider gives me hope.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #119
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Cheers, I just couldn't find that quote at Bleeding-cool which is where all the sites are saying it was generated.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #120
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
If/when Nova makes it into the MCU, we don't know if it would be Sam or Richard.

I'm going to say, apropos of nothing, that the fact that the animated version of Nova in the current kiddified Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is Rider gives me hope.
It's Sam f***ing Alexander... My niece loves loves that show, but she even she says that Sam is a douche... Sam is giving Nova a bad rep amongst the younglings..

Old 11-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #121
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I wouldn't mind if they made it Richard Rider and just changed his name to Sam Alexander...cause, you know...Dick Rider?

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #122
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #123
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I'm not expecting Nova to be in this film. Don't know if I want him exposed to the movieverse as a secondary character. This movie could help establish the Nova Corps as an entity, and if this does well enough, allows them to pursue a Nova movie headlined by Richard Rider, but I'd rather wait and see than shoehorning him here into GotG.

NDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #124
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
I'm not expecting Nova to be in this film. Don't know if I want him exposed to the movieverse as a secondary character. This movie could help establish the Nova Corps as an entity, and if this does well enough, allows them to pursue a Nova movie headlined by Richard Rider, but I'd rather wait and see than shoehorning him here into GotG.
I think theres a way that they could do it, without it feeling forced, as Nova does fit within the mythos of the Guardians to an extent. It wont come off so random as Hawkeye in Thor.

Definitely agree that Nova needs his own film, but he needs a little more awareness amongst the general audience. Sure the GA might not know who the GOTG are but there is some certainly some built up excitement and when the first trailer drops for the film i think that will only boost the excitement.
The Team element, the talking Raccoon, the sheer awesome fun ride that GOTG will bring will certainly get many people invested into going to watch it, so why not take advantage of this and find away to get Nova in the story or atleast the Nova Corps like you say, so there is that familiarity with the character once he gets his own film?

Old 11-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #125
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Yeah, I think Guardians would be the way to launch a Nova movie. If not, then people will think it's just a Green Lantern rip-off, which Nova is, but it'd be a GOOD GL rip-off.