The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Which is the best?
Batman Begins (2005) 64 18.55%
The Dark Knight (2008) 144 41.74%
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 137 39.71%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #276
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatManFan_NYC View Post
pray tell....please elaborate..
what specifically [in your opinion] is;

"...the point of the whole trilogy and what Nolan has been saying for the last four years"
*sigh...

Alright, Nolan's trilogy is about Batman being more than just a man. Bruce Wayne made Batman into a symbol, an idea, a legend. Something that powerful can never be defeated or destroyed, it will live on forever and it will never die. With the end Nolan is telling us that anyone can be Batman. Anyone can be that symbol of a hero just as long as they have the will to do so. In this sense Nolan's Batman has a lot in common with another great comic book character.

This is also not my opinion, it's a fact. A fact that can be see though the whole trilogy and a fact that was proven just a few days ago by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

What has Nolan been saying for the last four years?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...man/56347952/1

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #277
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerTommissar View Post
(To me) it is a very UN-ambiguous END. (No cliffhanger).

It's Bruce's story.

He passed the baton and moved on.

THE END.
This.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #278
BatManFan_NYC
Tschüss - 8/18/12
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 95
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
*sigh...

What has Nolan been saying for the last four years?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...man/56347952/1
shiiiii, ain't nobody reading all that ****.

BatManFan_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #279
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatManFan_NYC View Post
shiiiii, ain't nobody reading all that ****.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I love how that's the only part of my post you commnted on.

Don't test me son, I know my Batman. Now step off fool.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #280
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue
 
Blitzkrieg Bop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Under there
Posts: 7,079
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

People expect a new Batman with Blake because we've all had to sit through countless endings like in Alien vs. Predator that go for the cheap set up for a sequel.

__________________
Apes--together--strong
Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #281
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
People expect a new Batman with Blake because we've all had to sit through countless endings like in Alien vs. Predator that go for the cheap set up for a sequel.
That difference is that Nolan directed this film. People need to know their directors.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #282
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I just love how TDKR is really able to get that sense of desperation and hopelessness in there. .
Did it? I was never worried about Gotham the way I was when I watched TDK. We never got to see the reaction of the people to anything Bane did, I honestly never cared about the rest of Gotham the way I did during the Hospital scene or even the ferry scene in The Dark Knight. Like many have said, there should definitely have been more scenes showing how the people reacted to the siege and Much, MUCH less John Blake.

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #283
BatManFan_NYC
Tschüss - 8/18/12
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 95
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. I love how that's the only part of my post you commnted on.

Don't test me son, I know my Batman. Now step off fool.
you're kidding right? you want a medal?

"dont test me son"? - what are we in high school?

"I know my Batman"? - surely you jest?

you really want an internet war on who's King of Batman? c'mon...

"step off fool"? - why the insult?

look....

I just got back from work, and the last thing I want to do is be mistaken for a troll. As a matter of fact, I read your entire post, there are things I agree with, and a few I disagree with but I decided to read the article you linked to before responding.

Half way through, I gave up. I like long posts, even long articles, but tonight's not the night.

so rather than end the night on a low note, I throw a little humor back at you and you respond with this childish vitriol?

how about this...

YOU WIN.

You are the greatest Batman Fan ever okay? just don't call people "son" or "fool" when you don't know them.

it comes off as insulting, and more than a little rude.



maybe you were joking, maybe I misread the tone of your last post.
feel free to correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

"I've got better plans"

BatManFan_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #284
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,314
Thumbs up Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Did it? I was never worried about Gotham the way I was when I watched TDK. We never got to see the reaction of the people to anything Bane did, I honestly never cared about the rest of Gotham the way I did during the Hospital scene or even the ferry scene in The Dark Knight. Like many have said, there should definitely have been more scenes showing how the people reacted to the siege and Much, MUCH less John Blake.
Couldn't agree more

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #285
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatManFan_NYC View Post
you're kidding right? you want a medal?

"dont test me son"? - what are we in high school?

"I know my Batman"? - surely you jest?

you really want an internet war on who's King of Batman? c'mon...

"step off fool"? - why the insult?

look....

I just got back from work, and the last thing I want to do is be mistaken for a troll. As a matter of fact, I read your entire post, there are things I agree with, and a few I disagree with but I decided to read the article you linked to before responding.

Half way through, I gave up. I like long posts, even long articles, but tonight's not the night.

so rather than end the night on a low note, I throw a little humor back at you and you respond with this childish vitriol?

how about this...

YOU WIN.

You are the greatest Batman Fan ever okay? just don't call people "son" or "fool" when you don't know them.

it comes off as insulting, and more than a little rude.



maybe you were joking, maybe I misread the tone of your last post.
feel free to correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

"I've got better plans"
Wow, that went right over your head didn't it? The way I responded was based on what you wrote. Go though my posts, I never talk like that. You called me out like we were in high school... like I was full of myself and didn't know anything:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatManFan_NYC View Post
pray tell....please elaborate..
what specifically [in your opinion] is;

"...the point of the whole trilogy and what Nolan has been saying for the last four years"
So this was your internet war my friend.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #286
Green Ghoul
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 107
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

All of the above. I can't really decide. They seem rather equal when I try to pinpoint the pros and cons. It's usually easy to pick one with trilogies. Even the greatest of trilogies has one that stands above the rest. Every time I think "maybe this one", I remember one of the others had something else going for it. I've just accepted to appreciate all 3 as a whole.


Last edited by Green Ghoul; 08-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Green Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #287
SpiderRock88
The People's Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Bring It!
Posts: 188
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Begins for me BUT i do love all 3 films. i just like the story telling about Bruce his origins. im a story guy lol

__________________
My DVD Collection:
http://spiderrock88.dvdaf.com/owned

SpiderRock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #288
theLegend
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Truth as you see it = opinion.
That's exactly what I was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan
Again, you missed the point. That was a joke. Notice the ?
So if I throw an LOL or a smiley face on something, then everything is okay?


Riiiight.

theLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #289
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,812
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

I see TDK is catching up to TDKR.

Balance shall be restored.


JackWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #290
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,192
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I see TDK is catching up to TDKR.

Balance shall be restored.

Both have left Begins for dust though, I thought it would be slightly more equal across the board to be honest but TDK and TDKR seem to be much more popular.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #291
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,192
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ghoul View Post
All of the above. I can't really decide. They seem rather equal when I try to pinpoint the pros and cons. It's usually easy to pick one with trilogies. Even the greatest of trilogies has one that stands above the rest. Every time I think "maybe this one", I remember one of the others had something else going for it. I've just accepted to appreciate all 3 as a whole.
You sir, understand.

Its a great moment when you reach this epiphany.

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)

Last edited by BlackFox; 08-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #292
DerTommissar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 222
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

As a whole TDKR is easily the best of the three, (but that's just my foolish opinion ) Endings are tough and usually fail. Not TDKR.

But I think TDK will take the lead when all is said and done.

Which is fine. It's win/win/win for all of us.

A great trilogy...three strong links of chain.

DerTommissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #293
CJ
Derpy Derp
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,020
Thumbs down Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

The Dark Knight Rises is currently in the lead with 101 Votes.


....wat

__________________
Sonic Boom
This Fall on Cartoon Network


CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #294
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano
 
PSYLENTGuardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Specific Rim
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

I'd assume it's because it's still fresh in people's minds.

__________________
"Soon, everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world.
A world without power. Without mercy. A world without Spider-Man.
They will see me for who I truly am. I'm Electro."

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #295
BlackFox
Almost ninja
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 4,192
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Or perhaps they just prefer it to the other two!!

__________________
THE DARK KNIGHT


(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #296
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.
 
Alex Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: With Anne Hathaway.
Posts: 2,396
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Ghoul View Post
All of the above. I can't really decide. They seem rather equal when I try to pinpoint the pros and cons. It's usually easy to pick one with trilogies. Even the greatest of trilogies has one that stands above the rest. Every time I think "maybe this one", I remember one of the others had something else going for it. I've just accepted to appreciate all 3 as a whole.
Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLegend View Post
That's exactly what I was saying.

So if I throw an LOL or a smiley face on something, then everything is okay?


Riiiight.


Good lord man... relax and take a pill or something. Not everything has to be serious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Or perhaps they just prefer it to the other two!!
Indeed.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #297
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,314
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Both have left Begins for dust though, I thought it would be slightly more equal across the board to be honest but TDK and TDKR seem to be much more popular.
Which is a shame because Begins is way better than TDKR, IMO.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #298
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Begins was always a rather sizable disappointment to me.

The script IS extremely strong - perhaps even better than both TDK and TDKR - but Nolan, at at point in career, seems to lack the technical skill to properly execute the tremendous scope and vison portrayed in the screenplay.

He could've captured the gritty urban gothicism of Year One, with a grandeur and journey aspect of Lord of the Rings or something like that.

Honestly, I think BB would've been much better if it had been made after Nolan had a chance to see movies like Transformers - as those types of action films really seemed to inspire him to expand and enlarge the scope and vision of his films.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #299
theLegend
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 99
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
He could've captured the gritty urban gothicism of Year One, with a grandeur and journey aspect of Lord of the Rings or something like that.
I thought he very much accomplished that in BEGINS. Story wise, and even cinematography wise.

theLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #300
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,552
Default Re: Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

BB=TDK=TDKR= Greatest trilogy of all time (In my obviously bat-biased opinion)

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.