The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man World

Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default New Ant-Man title (What do you want?)

might be a pipe dream. but i'm kind of hoping on Marvel being predictable and wanting to launch some kind of Ant-Man-related title after the movie (if there is a movie). what are your personal wants from such a title?

me, i want it to redefine Henry Pym as a character. we need a definitive backstory. i would like to learn more about Maria Trovayna; that part of his life. and i'd love it if they could re-envision his old rogues gallery/make them less silly. change and rebranding would be key. it needs to not seem so dated. here's a character that could truly benefit from a fresh coat of paint.

and i also would like it to be a double-sized book; half Pym story/half Scott Lang story. Scott's half could even be on a schedule to turn into Janet Van Dyne stories at some point. but i, personally, need an alternative to Hank.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #2
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

Default Re: New Ant-Man title (What do you want?)

Bring back Eric O'Grady, that's what I want!

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I would have it as a duo book starring Pym as Giant-Man and Lang as Ant-Man. They could be partners having science superhero adventures.

I would expand and explorer both Pym and Lang's past.

Have Pym fianlly track down the people who murdered his first wife Maria and his father in law. I would redesign/upgrade some of the old villains and develop new some villains.

Have some issues of Pym and Lang researching Pym particles and exploring the microverse.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
Bring back Eric O'Grady, that's what I want!
i wouldn't mind Eric returning. but they sort of messed up his story by redeeming him. i'd rather they make the most of the villainous Eric LMD. i think he could be fun as a henchman of some villain organization or maybe even aligning with Zemo.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 AM   #5
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

They should bring back the LMD O'Grady Black Ant as a villain. I think seeing O'Grady as a complete villain devoid of any of the originals restraint would be really fun to see and it would be cool to see him face off against Pym or Lang.