Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #51
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXX - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Guardian View Post
If you tell her your her #1 fan I'm sure she'll listen. :P

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #52
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXI

Selina Kyle's mugshot listed her birthdate as 1985.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #53
CB Fan
The Watcher

Even though I shouldnt be in here until I see the flick (thanks for using spoiler tags still unlike the John Blake thread) its been pretty cool reading you alls reviews of Hathaways performance. I also cant help but have a smug smirk as I remember throwing Hathaways name out for casting in '08 and alot of people said she could never be sexy enough, she seems to have proved more than a few wrong.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #54
The Guard
Side-Kick

I do wish she'd had a bit more to do with Holly than she did. Some kind of mentorship/protective role. And I kind of wish there had been a bit more reason for Bruce and Selina to end up together besides attraction.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #55
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

There was a lot more than attraction. They didn't really get to know each other but there very obviously was affection there. Her almost crying when she gave her "You've given them everything" speech is a prime example of emotion between them. Also her "You came back" and all the other stuff that she said to him before he
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
flew off with the bomb

Last edited by batlovescatDC; 07-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #56
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I do wish she'd had a bit more to do with Holly than she did. Some kind of mentorship/protective role. And I kind of wish there had been a bit more reason for Bruce and Selina to end up together besides attraction.
I just read that Holly was played by some actress named Juno Temple. I honestly have no clue at all who that is. I totally thought that was Ellen Page in a wig.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #57
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
So, is everyone here also wondering if the ending was real or Alfred's wishful thinking?

I've seen some speculation about this. Saying that it's an Inception-ish ending that leave it up to the audience to decide. While I can see where people are coming from, I don't buy that it was
Alfred's wishful thinking because if it was there wouldn't be any reason for him to imagine Selina with him. Alfred didn't know Selina, or know if Bruce wanted to be with her at all. In fact all he knew is that Selina stole from Bruce, so there definitely isn't any motive to him imagining Bruce specifically with Selina.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #58
Candycane
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I felt the same way about the underdeveloped relationship...however, the ending up together was more than attraction. The film may not have the time to delve more into the development, but the time Bruce/Batman spent with Selina/Catwoman was sort of enough to get the gist why they end up together. I believe as he began to understand her, he can relate to her more...they're the same in a way. Both are broken who can't escape their past and are struggling to find a fresh start in life. And she too began to understand him and felt sympathy...hence proposing for him to come away with her during her bat-pod scene. Many more reasons why they belong together in the end. I hope this helps...this is my understanding though.

Last edited by Candycane; 07-20-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #59
The Guard
Side-Kick

Attraction and sympathy...there's got to be more for a believeable relationship. The movie never dealth with their dualities, their commonalities, the nature of them as orphans, etc...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #60
Silent_Guardian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Selina Kyle's mugshot listed her birthdate as 1985.
Correct.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #61
Silent_Guardian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
I've seen some speculation about this. Saying that it's an Inception-ish ending that leave it up to the audience to decide. While I can see where people are coming from, I don't buy that it was
Alfred's wishful thinking because if it was there wouldn't be any reason for him to imagine Selina with him. Alfred didn't know Selina, or know if Bruce wanted to be with her at all. In fact all he knew is that Selina stole from Bruce, so there definitely isn't any motive to him imagining Bruce specifically with Selina.
Not only this, but there's the little fact that Alfred told him that was exactly where he went when Bruce was gone, therefore it's perfectly conceivable that the first thing Bruce thought of when disappearing was "gotta let Alfred know I'm alright, and am happy now like he wanted." It's not like Bruce didn't have any idea Alfred would be at the restaurant in Paris hoping to see him there.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #62
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane View Post
I felt the same way about the underdeveloped relationship...however, the ending up together was more than attraction. The film may not have the time to delve more into the development, but the time Bruce/Batman spent with Selina/Catwoman was sort of enough to get the gist why they end up together. I believe as he began to understand her, he can relate to her more...they're the same in a way. Both are broken who can't escape their past and are struggling to find a fresh start in life. And she too began to understand him and felt sympathy...hence proposing for him to come away with her during her bat-pod scene. Many more reasons why they belong together in the end. I hope this helps...this is my understanding though.
This. Also, I loved how Bruce seemed to always have faith in her and trust her even when she was completely untrustworthy (which, let's be honest, she was very untrustworthy throughout most of the movie). I LOVE the scene where
Bruce returns and she seems teary-eyed and guilt-stricken. She even asks something to the effect of "Why would you trust me, after what I did to you?" and he responds "Because I believe there's more to you" or something to that effect. He seems to ALWAYS give her the benefit of the doubt, which is very comic-book accurate of their relationship. Throughout all their scenes together, Bruce always believes there's good in her, and understands her even when she's bad.

I was very, very satisfied with their relationship in this film.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #63
Candycane
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Bruce returns and she seems teary-eyed and guilt-stricken. She even asks something to the effect of "Why would you trust me, after what I did to you?" and he responds "Because I believe there's more to you" or something to that effect. He seems to ALWAYS give her the benefit of the doubt, which is very comic-book accurate of their relationship. Throughout all their scenes together, Bruce always believes there's good in her, and understands her even when she's bad.

I was very, very satisfied with their relationship in this film.
Hathaway's expression when he came back said a lot. I mentioned before that Selina's reaction was on the verge of tears, with relief that he's alive, and guilt after making him suffer. And of course Selina Kyle does not break down crying...that isn't her...and so she reverts back to the strong and cunning Selina acting nonchalant and responds with the "I thought they killed you" or something like that. When I first saw that seen I was like...wait..is she going to cry...wow, that's a facial expression that I would never see on this woman. Anne is awesome showing vulnerability..basically different parts of this character. Haha. And that ongoing faith in her from Bruce/Batman was great too, I think that pushed her to redeem herself by staying in Gotham and helping Batman in the end.

It's all good.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #64
sethypants
Banned User

Anne Hathaway just became the best Catwoman in history.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #65
spanky87

I feel like I'm living in this bizzaro world right now where a lot of people are praising a god awful performance.

Anne Hathaway was terrible in this. Really dull and annoying performance. Every line was forced and her delivery was so unnatural. Never once did I buy that she was Catwoman (or Selina Kyle I guess), and all I could see was an actress playing make believe. Zero chemistry with Christian Bale.

Truly Razzie worthy.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #66
Kansiov
Side-Kick

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/int...with-bale.html

A really interesting interview with Hathaway none of that "when is your marriage?" BS. The part where she talks about how she prepared for the role make me appreciate certain scenes in the movie even more.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #67
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
I feel like I'm living in this bizzaro world right now where a lot of people are praising a god awful performance.

Anne Hathaway was terrible in this. Really dull and annoying performance. Every line was forced and her delivery was so unnatural. Never once did I buy that she was Catwoman (or Selina Kyle I guess), and all I could see was an actress playing make believe. Zero chemistry with Christian Bale.

Truly Razzie worthy.
You are living in a bizarro world if you thought that was bad

Old 07-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #68
spanky87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
You are living in a bizarro world if you thought that was bad
At (0:26)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

That is good line delivery? That's self conscious overacting. And that is not even the worst of it.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
Anne Hathaway just became the best Catwoman in history.
Yup!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #70
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Probably will be a while before we get this, but I'm dying to see gifs/pics of the Bat/Cat kiss and ending cafe scene. Shouldn't there be leakage by now?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #71
kvz5
HBIC

I really need to see the cafe scene again because I can't remember much. It was too quick and it didn't linger more than I would've liked. I do remember she was wearing a blue sleeveless dress, her hair was in a ponytail and you can see the necklace. I knew what Bale was wearing because there were set pics. Was Selina laughing? I think I remember something like that. Can anyone remember more details?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #72
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I really need to see the cafe scene again because I can't remember much. It was too quick and it didn't linger more than I would've liked. I do remember she was wearing a blue sleeveless dress, her hair was in a ponytail and you can see the necklace. I knew what Bale was wearing because there were set pics. Was Selina laughing? I think I remember something like that. Can anyone remember more details?
There are set pics of this?? Please share! Yes, I do remember Selina with the hair in a ponytail and I think she turns to show the side of her face. God, I can't remember her expression or if she turned to look at Alfred as well. I can't even remember what Bruce was wearing! But he looked happy and nodded/smiled at Alfred. Also, I think he was skimming through a menu in his hand...Christ, this scene was so quick! But the moment was so great and so relieving that literally everyone in my theater was cheering and clapping. Seems like everyone wanted Bruce to finally have a happy ending...and with Selina was just icing on the cake.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #73
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
There are set pics of this?? Please share! Yes, I do remember Selina with the hair in a ponytail and I think she turns to show the side of her face. God, I can't remember her expression or if she turned to look at Alfred as well. I can't even remember what Bruce was wearing! But he looked happy and nodded/smiled at Alfred. Also, I think he was skimming through a menu in his hand...Christ, this scene was so quick! But the moment was so great and so relieving that literally everyone in my theater was cheering and clapping. Seems like everyone wanted Bruce to finally have a happy ending...and with Selina was just icing on the cake.
Yup there were set pics of Bale and Caine but we didn't know that someone else was there.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=353189&page=5

Scroll down a bit to the Greenwich pics. Bale is in costume. I always thought this scene would either be the ending or a flashback but the gray in Bale's hair made me lean towards the ending.

I think she was laughing in the scene but I'm not sure. She definitely didn't see Alfred.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #74
kangaroo_fire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
She was looking up and the the right side of the screen, presumably to the waiter, and smiling

Old 07-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #75
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansiov View Post
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/int...with-bale.html

A really interesting interview with Hathaway none of that "when is your marriage?" BS. The part where she talks about how she prepared for the role make me appreciate certain scenes in the movie even more.
Lovely, thanks.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Closed Thread