Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #51
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 2

An alternate take on the teaser....

http://youtu.be/TY1iXExLu_Q
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 07-21-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
Superhero 101
DESI

Trailer looked cool i just wished we would have gotten the one from Comic Con people were applauding in my theater when Supes flew

Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #53
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

I was a bit disappointed whene I first saw the teaser in the theater, since I was expecting a shorter version of the SDCC footage.. but after watching it a few more times it's really growing on me. Love the imagery, and man, when Superman flies at the end.. that's EXACTLY how I've wanted to see him move. With speed and power.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #54
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

The teaser(s) have grown on me. I still think it could have been better and should have been a bit different but it is what it is. However, I just spent a bit of time browsing various news sites and reading comments and such and most people really seem to like these two teasers. Perhaps the WB marketing department got it right. Though im sure that the more we get toward the release date, the more they'll push the action side of things to the forefront. Though when it comes to the movie im actually looking forward to the origin part of the movie a bit more than the action parts.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
JackReacher
Side-Kick

I think its safe to say people who like The Avengerz won't like the MOS teaser trailer. You couldn't pay me to see The Avengerz.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #56
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReacher View Post
I think its safe to say people who like The Avengers won't like the MOS teaser trailer. You couldn't pay me to see The Avengers.
Well I guess people might surprise you... I saw Avengers 3 times and I don't even have words to express how much I loved this teaser.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #57
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I think its safe to say people who like The Avengerz won't like the MOS teaser trailer. You couldn't pay me to see The Avengerz.
OK we get it, you didn't like the Avengers (I don't really care much for Marvel studio movies tbh), but a lot of people here did and IMO there is no need to put down another film to pimp MOS.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #58
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I loved the Avengers, I loved Amazing Spidey AND I loved TDKR. And guess what.. I think the MOS teaser is great.

If you're so one dimensional that you only like one type of movie.. well, sucks to be you then.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #59
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

If you're a pimply-faced overweight teen on a sugar-high...and you've gone to see AS three times...it's safe to say you won't like the MOS teaser.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #60
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Is Avengerz like the Asylum version?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #61
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Sadly at both my showings one guy went, "Are you serious?" and then one guy behind me was just *****ing about how all the other ones sucked and they should just stop.

Hmm... sound familiar? This movie has the same exact challenge Batman did before BB came out. To erase and misconceptions of what came before and remind pople why they love the character and get people to love him again.

God, I just want this to succeed so bad. I just want people to love him again. That's he's more tan just that stupid, "Boy scout" criticism. But most of all, I want a great Superman film.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #62
Mike22
Side-Kick

I personally love this trailer, I certainly didn't to begin with, but that's largely because I was thinking of what impression it left on the general audience, and how this might not be what they want from MOS.

But on a personal level, this teaser strikes me straight in the heart and I think it's a thing of beauty.
Good Lord I can't wait for this to come out.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I liked the teaser but an action packed one would have been better. It's still has many month's to go though so all is not lost. They can't play coy with the actual trailer though, it has to feature action scenes.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #64
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
An alternate take on the teaser....

http://youtu.be/TY1iXExLu_Q
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was a Right Guard Commercial. You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #65
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

It makes me think now Howard Shore would have been another great choice to score this film.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #66
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think its safe to say people who like The Avengerz won't like the MOS teaser trailer.
You dont know what you're talking about. Or you're being intentionally dense for obvious reasons.

Please dont bring that stuff onto the MoS boards. Weve had plenty of that kind of silliness over the last several months, and its beyond old at this point.

The vast majority of us enjoyed the Avengers, will enjoy TDKR, and look forward to a (hopefully) great MoS next year. Deal with it.

The trailer was great btw. A perfect teaser.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #67
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That was a Right Guard Commercial. You did that on purpose, didn't you?
Oh um.....whoops.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I actually made it as a little joke.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #68
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I liked the teaser but an action packed one would have been better. It's still has many month's to go though so all is not lost. They can't play coy with the actual trailer though, it has to feature action scenes.
I agree. I think no matter what you put in this trailer, this movie is still a year away, regardless of what they have to do to sell this character. Even if this was similar to the CC one, it would leave a cool impression, but it wouldn't be remembered and be replayed over and over again until the next trailer. People would just say, "Cool! That Superman movie looks good!" And that's it.

People now are aware of a new Superman movie. It's about awareness. We don't have to worry about selling people just yet. Because the main audiences won't be sold until it gets closer. If we don't get a great one by (possibly) December, then we should worry.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #69
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Another thing I liked about both trailers is the narration isn't just applied to Superman, but for anyone. Setting an example, becoming a leader, and just becoming your own person by making a choice by the principles and strengths you have. It's just a cool little mirror of how hopefully they will adress Clark as relatable this way.

I mean Clark has a biological and adoptive father. That already can be relatable. But especially be torn beteen the two. Real life things that are just extended by the staples of Superman and his mythology. You tie those things in together, and this movie ca be very emotional and we will able to feel and understan what Clark is going through as a man. And then once he becomes Superman, we will accept him and will embrace him. Just like the people will by the end of the film possibly.

It's just a father talking to their son really, if you strip away the idea of this person having superpowers. But that's the exceptional thing and is an extension of us. And for Clark to be the setting example of that is just fantastic. This movie is already getting me thinking and excited.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 07-21-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #70
HighFivingMF
Welp.

In case anybody didn't catch it.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #71
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I agree. I think no matter what you put in this trailer, this movie is still a year away, regardless of what they have to do to sell this character. Even if this was similar to the CC one, it would leave a cool impression, but it wouldn't be remembered and be replayed over and over again until the next trailer. People would just say, "Cool! That Superman movie looks good!" And that's it.

People now are aware of a new Superman movie. It's about awareness. We don't have to worry about selling people just yet. Because the main audiences won't be sold until it gets closer. If we don't get a great one by (possibly) December, then we should worry.
Star Trek teaser being someone building a ship didn't exactly get my motor running but the actual trailer was fun and the final trailer is so amazing that I still watch it. I do think that it is odd and maybe stupid that the WB didn't even allow a climpse of action for the sake of their box office. They just can't play hide and go seek with this one, the last movie burned too many people.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #72
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post

Oh HELL yes! That is awesome.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #73
djkris
PLG Founder

Quote:

Great find! I haven't even dared to make the connection between the MoS teaser and All-Star Superman.

Episode VII director:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkris View Post
If I was a betting man, I would place my chips on Kosinski.
Oh, well, I suppose it's "Episode VIII" then...
Old 07-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #74
Dr. Manhatten
Side-Kick

Does anyone know which score of music that was? I absolutely LOVED the teaser and wish we could see the SDCC one as well

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...a-feature-film
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #75
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

THIS is the most Awesome thing ever!!! Not to be over looked. Great freakin Find. This is why I call Snyder a give them what they want director. The Dream Team is showing their worth...

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Closed Thread