The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Sleepy Hollow

I'll take time travel over a complete modernization. At least this way, we get a backstory in the general period of the original story.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I'd prefer it just be a period piece or modernized rather than having time travel.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...e8cb8a2900000e
Quote:
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci on Sleepy Hollow's Time Travel
Writing-producing team discusses their FOX pilot's time-trippy bent.

by Scott Collura APRIL 9, 2013

The writing-producing duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are everywhere -- Fringe, Transformers Prime, Star Trek Into Darkness and Amazing Spider-Man 2 are a mere sampling of their recent and upcoming work -- but soon it looks like they might be every-when as well with their FOX pilot Sleepy Hollow.

The premise of the pilot (and series if it is greenlit) will involve time travel, a deviation from the classic tale to be sure. In it, Revolutionary War soldier Ichabod Crane (played by Tom Mison) winds up in the modern day where he must work with Sleepy Hollow Detective Abbie Archer (Nicole Beharie) to solve crimes of a presumably otherworldly nature.

I spoke to Kurtzman and Orci yesterday and asked them if they could elaborate on the time-travel aspect of Sleepy Hollow, which they're currently shooting in North Carolina.

"Go to the source material, which is where we took our inspiration," Kurtzman told me. "Washington Irving wrote 'Rip Van Winkle' and 'Sleepy Hollow.' There was something wonderful and delicious that we think is the core of both of those stories -- there is a lot that is evoked by the world of Sleepy Hollow. Witchcraft is evoked by Sleepy Hollow and by the stories that existed back then. In digging into the time period and in digging into the mythology, it felt like there was a way to play with all these elements to tell a new Sleepy Hollow."

The scribes said that the key to launching a project like this, which has been done on film fairly recently, is to somehow make it feel new again -- to bring an in angle the audience isn't expecting. Like time travel.

"The key is, you know, we loved the Tim Burton Sleepy Hollow, so we wanted it to feel significantly different," says Kurtzman. "And yet there are certain things that get evoked when you talk about the geography of Sleepy Hollow and everything that comes to mind with the Headless Horseman. Obviously anybody who grew up watching the Disney Sleepy Hollow, it evokes so much. It’s a pretty delicious world. So the idea is to take these ideas -- the ideas that Irving brought up in the short story -- and then kind of expand on them and use actual history and the idea of witchcraft to play around with how things like time travel would be possible."

Stay tuned to IGN for more news on Sleepy Hollow as we hear it…
I'm sure there will be folks that still don't like it, but I actually really love the idea of the story being part Sleepy Hollow, part Rip Van Winkle.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Same here.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
Marvolo
Side-Kick

If they maintain a gothic nature in the show then I will probably like it, but if they strip it of that and make it something like Elementary (modern and sterile procedural) then probably not.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

PICKED UP TO SERIES

Quote:
SLEEPY HOLLOW

From co-creators/executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the “Star Trek” and “Transformers” franchises, “Fringe”), the thrilling new action-adventure SLEEPY HOLLOW is a modern-day retelling of Washington Irving’s classic. ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison) is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to find that the world is on the brink of destruction and that he is humanity’s last hope, forcing him to team up with a contemporary police officer (Nicole Beharie) to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.SLEEPY HOLLOW is from K/O Paper Products in association with 20th Century Fox Television. The series is co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and Len Wiseman (“Hawaii Five-0,” “Underworld” and “Total Recall”). The series is executive-produced by Kurtzman, Orci and Wiseman and Heather Kadin. Iscove serves as supervising producer. Wiseman directed the pilot.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #32
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

So will the time travel aspect go both ways?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #33
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Larger First Look Image

Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #34
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Looking forward to seeing Orlando Jones back on TV. He was on the very early days of MadTV, which were great. Where has he been the last few years?

And of course, this show is John Cho's Plan B in case Go On doesn't get renewed.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #35
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Well this looks alot better than I thought it would... and why the **** did I not know that Clancy Brown would be in this?!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Oh yes! I'm all about this.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
Donut
Side-Kick

This looks good

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I like what I am seeing.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #39
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Nicole Beharie = Damn!

That is all.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #40
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

I lost it when the Horseman whipped out a machine gun.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #41
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER

oh HELL YEAH... I am SO gonna be into this...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed
Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travelers that gather within the walls of the Castle at Rotting Hill.
TYA'LYZE

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #42
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

I'm actually intrigued by the twist that the Horseman is one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Eyes will roll.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #44
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

It looks fun.

But it definitely feels like one of those ''You won't make it past 8 episodes" shows.

I have a feeling I'm gonna very much love Nicole Beharie's character for however how long this last's though.

Last edited by JustABill; 05-13-2013 at 07:38 PM.
JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I kinda like that the two leads aren't particularly well-known actors, particularly Ichabod. It's like I'm seeing just the character.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #46
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

This definitely feels much in the same vein as Grimm, so if it can find a loyal audience like that, it might actually do fine.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #47
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

This show becomes a ratings smash for Fox, it would only help Nicole Beharie's status, much like Scandal has done for Kerry Washington.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #48
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Has Beharie been around and I just haven't noticed? I knew about Kerry before Scandal, but this is literally the first I've heard about this actress...

Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #49
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Has Beharie been around and I just haven't noticed? I knew about Kerry before Scandal, but this is literally the first I've heard about this actress...
Looking at her imdb page, the only thing I've seen her in or even heard of before is Shame, where she met her current beau, dat Fassbender.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #50
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
She was on "Shame" with (the awesome) Michael Fassbender and was recently in 42. Her film work has mainly been indie films. Her TV work has been limited to guest roles on SVU and the Good Wife. This would be her first major role in mainstream. It hits big, she'll be in high demand.

I knew about Kerry before Scandal as well, but Scandal made Kerry a household name. I believe that Scandal played a role in Kerry getting to play the enslaved wife in Django Unchained.

And sooner or later, the male lead will play an American in either a movie or TV show. It happens to every British or Aussie Actor who does American TV or movies (it will happen to Benedict Cumberbatch too if he decides to do more American projects).