The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Default Re: Elder Scrolls V - Part 6

^^ are you sure it's delayed?

They've released the PC version today...and the PS 3 supposed to come out the same time as the PC version.I'll check again later today if i were you.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #52
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
^^ are you sure it's delayed?

They've released the PC version today...and the PS 3 supposed to come out the same time as the PC version.I'll check again later today if i were you.
Nope.

PS3 Version Not Ready

Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #53
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
so what's this I hear about Dawnguard being delayed for the PS3??

c'mon Bethesda. I mean........if it seems you have a hard time programming games for the PS3.........perhaps you should stop producing games for the PS3 and just stick with XBOX and PC........
You would rather them not come out at all than have to wait a bit?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #54
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
It sucks that it's been delayed, but if i'm a PS3 player,i'll take this as good news. That's mean that the dev just making sure that the pS3 version will be as good as it can be, instead of just rushing it out of the gate.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #55
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

well, it seems like out of the 3 platforms, the PS3 version seems to have the most problems.

and not just Skyrim, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas had issues. or at least that's what PS3 users have complained about.

it just seems like there is a pattern, and the PS3 fans have felt they keep getting the short end of the stick with the Beth games.

and now, we have this delay. why isn't Dawnguard ready yet for the PS3? they've had all this time to work on it, in addition to the 30 day exclusivity window on the 360.

I mean, it's great that at least they're upfront with it and telling people about the delay (instead of releasing it when it's not ready).

but, it just feeds into the pattern/perception that they seem to have trouble with the PS3, moreso than on the other platforms.

and if you find yourself having trouble, you either learn the platform better (although, by know, with Fallout 3, NV, and now Skyrim, there's really no excuse).

or, you outsource the work to another developer more familiar with the PS3 (didn't they do that with Oblivion for the PS3).

or, you admit that you are not experts on that platform and prefer to stick with the other platforms instead.

Disney Lover!!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #56
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

^^ they won't outsource it...and the other option, just quitting on PS3 altogether won't make you happy either.

I undertsand your frustration, and if it's any consolation, the delay will probably won't be that long.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #57
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

yeah....hopefully it won't be too long.......

Disney Lover!!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #58
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

That said...i haven't played Skyrim for about couple of months now. So i'll wait till i'm in the mood again to play Skyrim before i buy Dawnguard.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #59
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Same here, I was about to buy it and then I just remembered I haven't played it in a while. And I'm currently playing other stuff anyways. It's not like the DLC is going anywhere.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #60
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

^^ lemmy?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #61
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

If anyone has Skyrim for PC and wants to check out my mod, it's on the Nexus now.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21844

Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #62
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Damn! nice job dude! i'm not playing Skyrim right now, but i'll DL just to give you endorsement!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #63
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Thanks

Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #64
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-ps3-next-week

Skyrim patch 1.7 launches on Thursday, 9th August on Xbox 360 worldwide, Bethesda has announced.
On that day it launches on PlayStation 3, but only in the US. PS3-owning Europeans have to wait untl next week. The patch is already available on PC.
Patch 1.7 includes features PS3 players missed out on from the 1.6 update, such as mounted combat. It also includes a number of bug fixes and memory and stability optimisations. On Xbox 360 it improves recognition with Kinect voice commands.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #65
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Skyrim works with Kinect?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #66
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
Skyrim works with Kinect?
Just voice commands

Old 08-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #67
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Just voice commands
that's cool... do you need the entire set-up of kinect in order to use voice commands, or is there a solitary piece you can get to use voice commands, like the headphone piece, for example?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #68
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
that's cool... do you need the entire set-up of kinect in order to use voice commands, or is there a solitary piece you can get to use voice commands, like the headphone piece, for example?
There is no headphone piece...? The Kinect is just one thing: The black sensor. Nothing else comes with it. That one black sensor has motion and voice sensors in it.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #69
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Crap in a bucket!!! I buy Skyrim for the PC and my laptop can't handle it because it lacks a necessary driver. Oh the humanity!!!

- What would you think if I told you that it doesn't bother me at all?

- Ignorant, self absorbed people make me laugh, not comedians.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #70
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Crap in a bucket!!! I buy Skyrim for the PC and my laptop can't handle it because it lacks a necessary driver. Oh the humanity!!!
Cant you just download the driver?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #71
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Cant you just download the driver?
I don't know where to get it. The error message states that my Laptop can't handle the driver anyway. Besides, this PC is pretty old, like 5 years old and it can barely handle The Sims 3.

- What would you think if I told you that it doesn't bother me at all?

- Ignorant, self absorbed people make me laugh, not comedians.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #72
Havok83
Side-Kick

If you can barely handle the Sims 3 then you definetly won't be able to run this well or at all. I had to get a whole new graphics card for it bc mine was too outdated for it

Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #73
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

You want a dedicated graphics card for any laptop you want to play games on. Most have an integrated one which is fine for the normal tasks and some older games, but anything intensive it will barely be able to run. I remember my laptop I got 4 years ago could BARELY run Oblivion or MVP Baseball 2005.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #74
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/20/sk...ard-expansion/

Quote:
Skyrim publisher files for 'Hearthfire' trademark, which could be follow-up to Dawnguard expansion
The Dawnguard expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is still missing from the PlayStation 3, but this doesn’t mean we can’t start unearthing information about the next bit of content for the open-world role-playing game.
Bethesda’s parent company, Zenimax, recently filed for a new trademark. The company submitted a request to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the word “Hearthfire.” Also sometimes called Heartfire, Hearthfire is the fictional ninth month of the calendar in Tamriel, the setting for The Elder Scrolls.
The official documentation from the USPTO lists the nature of the trademark as follows: “Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.”
We contacted Bethesda about the possibility that Hearthfire is the title for the next piece of Skyrim downloadable content. A representative for the studio replied that it does not comment on trademark filings.
Hearthfire correlates with our September. According to The Elder Scrolls lore, the third of that month is Tales and Tallows, an unofficial holiday that celebrates the dark magic of necromancy. Necromancers primarily deal in reanimating the dead. This has led some to speculate that Hearthfire could be Skyrim’s version of Undead Nightmare, which brought zombies into wild-west simulator Red Dead Redemption.
Of course, hearth is also the floor of a fireplace, so maybe this will add a quest to become a lovable chimney sweep. We’ve seen too many zombies. I’m voting for the chimney sweeps
The Dawnguard expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is still missing from the PlayStation 3, but this doesn’t mean we can’t start unearthing information about the next bit of content for the open-world role-playing game.
Bethesda’s parent company, Zenimax, recently filed for a new trademark. The company submitted a request to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the word “Hearthfire.” Also sometimes called Heartfire, Hearthfire is the fictional ninth month of the calendar in Tamriel, the setting for The Elder Scrolls.
The official documentation from the USPTO lists the nature of the trademark as follows: “Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.”
We contacted Bethesda about the possibility that Hearthfire is the title for the next piece of Skyrim downloadable content. A representative for the studio replied that it does not comment on trademark filings.
Hearthfire correlates with our September. According to The Elder Scrolls lore, the third of that month is Tales and Tallows, an unofficial holiday that celebrates the dark magic of necromancy. Necromancers primarily deal in reanimating the dead. This has led some to speculate that Hearthfire could be Skyrim’s version of Undead Nightmare, which brought zombies into wild-west simulator Red Dead Redemption.
Of course, hearth is also the floor of a fireplace, so maybe this will add a quest to become a lovable chimney sweep. We’ve seen too many zombies. I’m voting for the chimney sweeps.

Last edited by Iceman; 08-21-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #75
Soapy
It's happening again...

I hope this one has some actual new areas to explore.

Closed Thread