The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Should Lucius have presented Bruce with a new batsuit with the batwing?
Yes! 18 26.09%
No! 45 65.22%
Bring back the old batsuit... or a hybrid of both! 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #51
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Yes there was.

If it took Lucius less than a year to engineer a new batsuit, and 8 years to create the Batwing, then in that time he could have definitely engineered a great new innovative batsuit.

And it is necessary because Batman was shot by Dent, and was stabbed by the Joker several times. Oh, and at the end, what does Talia do to Batman that could have been prevented with a new batsuit?

Plot holes, plot holes, plot holes...
What? Wouldn't that just be going back to a Batman Begins-style suit which would be resistant to those things?

"Plot holes" is thrown around way too loosely here.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #52
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
What? Wouldn't that just be going back to a Batman Begins-style suit which would be resistant to those things?

"Plot holes" is thrown around way too loosely here.
Yeah, but in 8 years, Lucius could have engineered a batsuit that was both flexible AND resilient.

He didn't, and Batman paid for it with another stab to the body.

If Lucius has got time to make an aircraft then he's got time to make a new suit too. It's a plot hole to me.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #53
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Yeah, but in 8 years, Lucius could have engineered a batsuit that was both flexible AND resilient.

He didn't, and Batman paid for it with another stab to the body.

If Lucius has got time to make an aircraft then he's got time to make a new suit too. It's a plot hole to me.
Nope. I doubt he could have done that without resorting to a Batman Begins-type suit.

Either that... or a 100% kevlar suit...


Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #54
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,479
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Wow. Maybe Bruce liked the suit? Maybe he didn't want a knew one. Maybe, with his order of 10000 cowls and "obviously" multiple copies of the suit stashed here and there, he didn't want to bother getting a new one?

Ignoring any one number of easy narrative reasons to come up with, production-wise it just wasn't necessary either. The suit they made for TDK obviously addressed whatever needs Christopher and Christian wanted to fill, and neither one of them wanted the change. What's wrong with that? WB's still selling a s*** ton of toys, people are still buying the Hot Toys figures, so it obviously is just not warranted.

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Wow. Maybe Bruce liked the suit? Maybe he didn't want a knew one. Maybe, with his order of 10000 cowls and "obviously" multiple copies of the suit stashed here and there, he didn't want to bother getting a new one?

Ignoring any one number of easy narrative reasons to come up with, production-wise it just wasn't necessary either. The suit they made for TDK obviously addressed whatever needs Christopher and Christian wanted to fill, and neither one of them wanted the change. What's wrong with that? WB's still selling a s*** ton of toys, people are still buying the Hot Toys figures, so it obviously is just not warranted.
It's seriously stupid if the reason they did not make a new batsuit was for merchandise related reasons.

Oh, and I'm sure Bruce liked his batmobile, and didn't want to bother getting a new one, hell, an aircraft for that matter either. Lucius id it for him.

By the way Troy Parker, I'm not saying DKR is riddled with plot holes, quite the contrary. That's where Mass Effect 3 is at.

This is just one of the few that DKR has, but it is not overloaded with them.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #56
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,479
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Look, I understand you wanted a new suit. You like suits. But it's not a plot hole, it's not a flaw, and it's just not needed. You didn't get a different suit. It's really not a big deal.

BTW, I think any reason based on merchandise is stupid. My point was that there was no real reason to change what was being used. It changed from BB to TDK because, despite the improvements of the previous methods used to make the movie suit, it still wasn't good enough. That was folded into the narrative of the movie. They (Nolan, Bale, and Flemming) were happy with the TDK suit, and didn't have a need to change it. That works perfectly in the narrative of the story.

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #57
KneelBeforeZod
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 310
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Did they show the bunker in DKR? If they didn't then we're just leading on with assumptions that Bruce had separate suits.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


The "do you remember where you parked" scene was in the bunker. You can barely see the back of the armory itself over Lucius's shoulder in that picture. They show the full armory opening just before that, though.


KBZ


Last edited by KneelBeforeZod; 07-24-2012 at 02:26 PM.
KneelBeforeZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #58
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Look, I understand you wanted a new suit. You like suits. But it's not a plot hole, it's not a flaw, and it's just not needed. You didn't get a different suit. It's really not a big deal.

BTW, I think any reason based on merchandise is stupid. My point was that there was no real reason to change what was being used. It changed from BB to TDK because, despite the improvements of the previous methods used to make the movie suit, it still wasn't good enough. That was folded into the narrative of the movie. They (Nolan, Bale, and Flemming) were happy with the TDK suit, and didn't have a need to change it. That works perfectly in the narrative of the story.
No no no you don't understand I liked TDK batsuit, and I liked it even more in DKR from what I pointed out earlier, it looks even better since we see him in the light.

HOWEVER, it is a plot hole because:

In TDK, Bruce requested a new batsuit because although his old one was rugged, it was too stiff. So he gets a new one, but like Lucius himself says, there is a tradeoff; vulnerability to knives & gunfire.

And the tradeoff does not go unwarranted, as Batman is stabbed in the torso multiple times by Joker AND shot in the abdomen by 2Face. For the latter, isn't this the reason why Bruce has to use a damn cane? How can anyone say a more efficient batsuit would be unnecessary?

But in 8 years, Lucius has a surprise to show Bruce: the Batwing. I think it is safe to assume that Lucius did this because of what happened to the Batmobile. For this very same reason, Lucius could have also been developing a brand new batsuit.

Like it or not man, this is a viable plot hole. But I am not saying that it hurts the movie, or that it is riddled with plot holes. Just simply pointing out the fact that there is no batsuit is one.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #59
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post

And the tradeoff does not go unwarranted, as Batman is stabbed in the torso multiple times by Joker AND shot in the abdomen by 2Face. For the latter, isn't this the reason why Bruce has to use a damn cane? How can anyone say a more efficient batsuit would be unnecessary?
No. It had something to do with a complete lack of cartilage in his knees. That and I think a lot of his crippled status was more mental than physical.

It's not a plot hole. You think it is because it seems you wanted a new suit and didn't get one.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #60
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
No. It had something to do with a complete lack of cartilage in his knees. That and I think a lot of his crippled status was more mental than physical.

It's not a plot hole.
That's just one thing then. You're ignoring everything else I said.

So it is a plot hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
it seems you wanted a new suit and didn't get one.
did you even read this part of my post?
Quote:
I liked TDK batsuit, and I liked it even more in DKR from what I pointed out earlier, it looks even better since we see him in the light.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #61
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
^ which is why, in 8 years, Lucius should have gifted Bruce with a new batsuit to go along with the batwing.
Lucius creating a new batsuit to a retire Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new suit? Yah, that wasn't gonna happen.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #62
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Is it me, or did XtremelyBaneful just create this thread to make his opinion superior in that Bruce should've received a new suit when all fingers point to there being NO REASON for a new suit.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #63
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lucius creating a new batsuit to a retire Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new suit? Yah, that wasn't gonna happen.
Lucius creating a new batwing to a retired Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new batvehicle? Yah, that happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Is it me, or did XtremelyBaneful just create this thread to make his opinion superior in that Bruce should've received a new suit when all fingers point to there being NO REASON for a new suit.
With a post like this, it's probably going to be the latter since apparently, none of you like to read my posts; instead, you just like to tell me that I am wrong, without even telling me why.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Lucius creating a new batwing to a retired Bruce Wayne who never asked for a new batvehicle? Yah, that happened.
Where in the hell did you think Lucius made The Bat for Bruce?



VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


The Bat was already a prototype BEFORE all of this as a defensive project.

So, no, Lucius would not be creating a new batsuit for a retired Bruce Wayne.

Quote:
With a post like this, it's probably going to be the latter since apparently, none of you like to read my posts; instead, you just like to tell me that I am wrong, without even telling me why.
No...it's when posters mention how it's not needed you quickly jump the gun and push your idea that there should've been a batsuit when there's no reason or justification.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,769
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

I don't think its a plothole so much as they dropped the idea of Bruce evolving his suit into the perfect one. He went right back out in the suit that was clearly a bit too vulnerable to knives and gunfire.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #66
itsthebatman
Side-Kick
 
itsthebatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The rooftops over Gotham
Posts: 5,301
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

I thought he did very well in the end for a man who had just stabbed in the gut. Seemed to brush it off with nary a second thought.

__________________
Bruce Wayne: [while on a boat surrounded by beautiful Russian ballerinas] You going to be all right Alfred?
Alfred Pennyworth: [beat] You can tell them the Russian for "apply your own bloody suntan lotion."

Batman-News.com
itsthebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #67
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Jesus Christ... it's not a plot hole because it doesn't make sense to YOU.



You're mad that you didn't get the suit you wanted, that's fine. Time to move on.

This is nearing the stupidity of the people who thought Bruce died in this...

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #68
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Where in the hell did you think Lucius made The Bat for Bruce?



VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


The Bat was already a prototype BEFORE all of this as a defensive project.

So, no, Lucius would not be creating a new batsuit for a retired Bruce Wayne.



No...it's when posters mention how it's not needed you quickly jump the gun and push your idea that there should've been a batsuit when there's no reason or justification.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #69
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Do we have any proof that the TDK batsuit was created specifically for BRUCE? I mean his BB batsuit was for use for the in the military. As was the Tumbler. The Bat was for riot control or something...

I never got the impression that it was created specifically for Bruce, only offered after he got sick of the bulkier suit. Considering the TDK suit has more cons than the BB suit, I doubt Lucius would choose to offer that first.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #70
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,769
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Yes. Because he shows Lucious the schematics. And we see the pieces of it that Lucious made.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #71
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Yes. Because he shows Lucious the schematics. And we see the pieces of it that Lucious made.
Ah, yeah.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #72
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Yah, the TDK suit is specifically something Bruce sought for Lucius to create while the BB suit, the weapons, the vehicles were all created beforehand due from different projects and what not tied with Wayne Enterprises.

Although, to add on to the fact that TDKR didn't get a new suit: Bruce wanted something easier for him to move in and he took the cons with the pros on his TDK suit, so I don't see any reason for why he would want a new suit. If anything, it would be cool to see him using the BB suit since the TDK suit was destroyed by Bane, but I can take him having an extra TDK suit inside the bunker.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #73
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevincer View Post
I think it was something about how TDK was shot as a whole, really... for example I thought the Begins suit looked extra awful at the beginning of TDK when generally speaking I preferred Batman's look in Begins over TDK. TDKR though was the best of both worlds, and pretty much won me over on the TDK suit.

For me it's:
TDK (TDKR) Suit > Begins (BB) Suit> TDK (TDK) Suit > Begins (TDK) Suit.

Sorry for how confusing that is...
I agree. The suit in TDKR is the same design as TDK but its looks so much better.

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #74
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,319
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Where in the hell did you think Lucius made The Bat for Bruce?

No...it's when posters mention how it's not needed you quickly jump the gun and push your idea that there should've been a batsuit when there's no reason or justification.
Gee, I dunno, maybe when HE dubbed it the Bat???

I saw that video, and nothing in it gives me the idea that it was in development before TDK. And even if it was a prototype, it was completed by then and why would Lucius take to introducing Bruce to it 8 years later during peace time?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
Jesus Christ... it's not a plot hole because it doesn't make sense to YOU.



You're mad that you didn't get the suit you wanted, that's fine. Time to move on.

This is nearing the stupidity of the people who thought Bruce died in this...
JESUS CHRIST, it does not stop being a plot hole because YOU say so. I'm not moving on, clearly because you think I wanted a new batsuit when I said several times, I did not.

The comprehension of some of you really surprises and saddens me. This is not the discussion I wanted to have.

1. If you tell me that after 8 years of peace time, there is no need for Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batsuit, then I say:

Well, there has been 8 years of peace time, so there is no need for a Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batvehicle. And if you're gonna say that the Batwing was in production since before BB, then it would create another plot hole to see that Wayne Enterprises has not made any technical advancements in 8 years.

2. If you tell me that with the Batmobile demolished, Batman needs another, newer batvehicle with more protection than the Batpod, then I say:

Well, with Batman taking multiple stabs from the Joker AND a straight shot to the gut by 2Face, then he definitely needs a new batsuit with more protection.

3. If you tell me that this makes no sense and I just want to see a new batsuit, then I say:

No, as I've already stated, I like TDK suit, and I liked it even better in DKR because we get better looks at it in the light.

4. If you tell me that I am just nitpicking plot holes and that the term is overused in this forum, then I say:

No, quite the contrary; this is not Mass Effect 3. I do not believe, at all, for one second that this film is filled with plot holes, but this definitely is one.

You don't need to attack me. I feel as if you just feel the need to. You can be friendly. We're on the same side here. I loved DKR, I gave it a great review, but it does not go without flaws.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #75
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Gee, I dunno, maybe when HE dubbed it the Bat???

I saw that video, and nothing in it gives me the idea that it was in development before TDK. And even if it was a prototype, it was completed by then and why would Lucius take to introducing Bruce to it 8 years later during peace time?!
Maybe because he was just reminded of a bat when he first encountered the vehicle? Heck, if you recall, the Tumbler stayed as the Tumbler when Bruce started to use it, so obviously it was thought of as The Bat before he showed it to Bruce or brought it up.

And why would Lucius show the vehicle to Bruce? Because he's been away from Wayne Enterprises for three years supposedly.

Quote:
1. If you tell me that after 8 years of peace time, there is no need for Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batsuit, then I say:

Well, there has been 8 years of peace time, so there is no need for a Batman, and therefore, no need for a new batvehicle. And if you're gonna say that the Batwing was in production since before BB, then it would create another plot hole to see that Wayne Enterprises has not made any technical advancements in 8 years.
And there wasn't a batvehicle that was created for Batman in the first place. There was never a vehicle created specifically for Batman in Nolan's films.

I am not saying The Bat was created before BB, but it was obviously created for OTHER reasons than being for Bruce Wayne.

Quote:
2. If you tell me that with the Batmobile demolished, Batman needs another, newer batvehicle with more protection than the Batpod, then I say:

Well, with Batman taking multiple stabs from the Joker AND a straight shot to the gut by 2Face, then he definitely needs a new batsuit with more protection.
He knew the costs of the suit already, but Bruce needed something lighter.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.