The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Should Lucius have presented Bruce with a new batsuit with the batwing?
Yes! 18 26.09%
No! 45 65.22%
Bring back the old batsuit... or a hybrid of both! 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #76
Darkmania
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why no new batsuit?

I think it is more out of the logic used in the TDK that there should have been a new and/or modified suit. He asked Fox to design him a new suit so he could move his neck and have more mobility, I think logically it makes sense that he says to Fox, "I have been shot and stabbed, get me a new suit!" lol...just my opinion but I think it would make sense.

Darkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #77
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Bruce KNEW that there was a bigger risk of getting shot and stabbed more than in the BB suit. Why would he make complaints when he knew about it already? If he were to make a mention, it would be as soon as Lucius said the suit would be easier for him to get shot and stabbed.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #78
Darkmania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Bruce KNEW that there was a bigger risk of getting shot and stabbed more than in the BB suit. Why would he make complaints when he knew about it already? If he were to make a mention, it would be as soon as Lucius said the suit would be easier for him to get shot and stabbed.

Sure, but after 8 years Fox has not thought of anything to address this? It never crossed him mind that "I have got a find a way to protect him more?"

Darkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #79
KneelBeforeZod
Side-Kick

Eh. Using the old suit isn't a plot hole (a plot hole is something that doesn't make logistical sense). It might be a bad directorial decision ... but it ain't a plot hole.

When Bruce is officially retired, it makes sense that he's not going to have a bunch of technology in development. Retired crippled hermit ex-vigilantes don't need a new suit. And, the old suit worked fine anyway ... so he might not've had a new suit developed even if he weren't retired.

"The Bat" was an urban military assault vehicle. It wasn't built for Batman specifically, though Lucius knew Bruce would be impressed. It was developed like the Tumbler, for military purposes ... and it wasn't even finished (auto-pilot didn't work).

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That's why they were still working on it after the Batman was supposedly dead ... when they figured out Bruce had fixed the problems with the auto-pilot.

The military wouldn't need a batsuit ... so Lucius would have no reason to develop another one for a retired Bruce Wayne.

Not a plot hole. You might disagree with the decision -- and you might even be right -- but it still isn't a plot hole. It makes complete sense.

KBZ

Last edited by KneelBeforeZod; 07-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.
KneelBeforeZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #80
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
Sure, but after 8 years Fox has not thought of anything to address this? It never crossed him mind that "I have got a find a way to protect him more?"
Sure, there may be some advancement in that area, but Bruce Wayne never asked Fox to upgrade the suit since he was retired. What would be the reason to create a new suit, hoping Bruce Wayne will become Batman once more, when he has a life of his own?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #81
The Guard
Side-Kick

Don't forget, Bruce spent much of the company's money on the fusion thing...and then all his money disappeared thanks to Bane's stock market plot.

So Fox may not have had the money available to make a new suit anyway.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #82
Fudgie
Banned User

TDK was always awesome. It didn't need a change.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #83
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
Yeah but this is not iron man. The movie uses real world logic. It's a fact the more heavy duty and protective an armor it is the heavier and less mobile it will be.

So unless you want batman in some iron man suit where he is able to keep all his agility and still be totally bullet proof the current TDK suit was the best compromise.

It is still bullet proof as in two-face shooting him or that rookie cop but in exchange for mobility there are a few weaker zones.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #84
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
I am not saying The Bat was created before BB, but it was obviously created for OTHER reasons than being for Bruce Wayne.

He knew the costs of the suit already, but Bruce needed something lighter.
still, it doesn't make sense that Lucius would introduce Bruce to the Bat so much later if it has been there for so long. And no one besides Bruce would never even see it. "Mr. Wayne, the way I see it, all this stuff is yours, anyway."

And I know Bruce knew the costs, but he paid for it with so many stabs and a shot to the abdomen. And then he paid for it again by a stab to the abdomen from Talia.

XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #85
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

How would Lucius show the Bat to him when Bruce was being a shut-in?

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #86
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
How would Lucius show the Bat to him when Bruce was being a shut-in?
Lucius is one of the few people that know who Batman is, so he could just went to Wayne manor and rang the doorbell. I'm sure Bruce would have welcomed him in.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #87
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

I don't think it would fit through the front door.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #88
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
still, it doesn't make sense that Lucius would introduce Bruce to the Bat so much later if it has been there for so long. And no one besides Bruce would never even see it. "Mr. Wayne, the way I see it, all this stuff is yours, anyway."

And I know Bruce knew the costs, but he paid for it with so many stabs and a shot to the abdomen. And then he paid for it again by a stab to the abdomen from Talia.
Let's see. Bruce Wayne finally shows up after years and it may have....made Fox hopeful to finally show him The Bat? That's enough reasoning I need.

And it doesn't matter if Bruce paid the costs; he still wanted something light to wear.

Quote:
Lucius is one of the few people that know who Batman is, so he could just went to Wayne manor and rang the doorbell. I'm sure Bruce would have welcomed him in.
And the exiled Bruce Wayne wouldn't have welcomed Fox one bit. Did you notice the viral marketing of Fox's letter to Wayne that was like three-four paragraphs? What was Bruce's reply? One sentence. I highly doubt Bruce would just want to talk.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #89
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The irony is that the statue presented at the end was of Bruce's old costume.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #90
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The irony is that the statue presented at the end was of Bruce's old costume.lol

Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #91
8wid
Banned User

I was hoping Batman was going to have a larger hidden cache of weapons and gadgets inside of the Batcave now that it was rebuilt that way he could continue on watching over Gotham for good. Surely the robotic suit Batman uses to defeat Bane in Knightfall could have made an appearance after he was hidden in the prison.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #92
MrWayne
Risen...

The way I saw it, Bruce didn't need a new suit because by the time we get to TDKR, he feel he has nothing to live for and doesn't fear death. Just one of my thoughts of the film.

MrWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #93
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Quote:
And it doesn't matter if Bruce paid the costs; he still wanted something light to wear.
Yes it does. If anything, a new batsuit would make the story go even more full circle because in BB his suit was too stiff and in TDK his suit was too vulnerable to knives and gunfire, so in TDKR he could have gotten a batsuit with maximum protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
maybe because they thought the second batsuit was too complicated to sculpt. lol

Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #94
maverick1127
Side-Kick

Well let us see. Batman has been out of commission for 8 years. No need for a suit.

He returns one night. No need.

Next time he fights bane. Head gets demolished. Maybe a need.

Comes back to Gotham after being imprisoned with a ticking time bomb about to go off. NO TIME to run and ask Lucious for a new suit.

It's not that he did or didn't need a new suit, there was just not a time to say hey Lucious I need a new suit before I save the city before it explodes. As time is ticking down.....

maverick1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #95
ComicStalker
Side-Kick

If you say that Batman has been out of action for 8 years, there was no need for a new suit. Then why bother rebuilding the Batcave? I guess he didnt need that either.
What should have happened is that Fox should have designed the suit for him right after the events in TDK. Something like the look of the BB suit with the flexible neck of the TDK suit. With a line or two explaining how it was the best of both of the suits. That it was flexible and light while still protecting from knives and gunfire better like the BB suit.
And to say that someone is mad that they didnt get a new suit that they would have liked is a good way to end a discussion is not very fair. Some people think that it was good that he didnt get a new suit, and some people think it would have been nice to see a new suit. And there were plot reasons for getting a new suit.
Also for some reason the TDKR suit looked darker and a little bit more shiny. Not because of the daylight either. It looked darker and more shiny in the first chase scene at night after the stock exchange scene...

ComicStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #96
maverick1127
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStalker View Post
If you say that Batman has been out of action for 8 years, there was no need for a new suit. Then why bother rebuilding the Batcave? I guess he didnt need that either.
What should have happened is that Fox should have designed the suit for him right after the events in TDK. Something like the look of the BB suit with the flexible neck of the TDK suit. With a line or two explaining how it was the best of both of the suits. That it was flexible and light while still protecting from knives and gunfire better like the BB suit.
And to say that someone is mad that they didnt get a new suit that they would have liked is a good way to end a discussion is not very fair. Some people think that it was good that he didnt get a new suit, and some people think it would have been nice to see a new suit. And there were plot reasons for getting a new suit.
Also for some reason the TDKR suit looked darker and a little bit more shiny. Not because of the daylight either. It looked darker and more shiny in the first chase scene at night after the stock exchange scene...
I agree...

But.

Obviously there was no need following the events of TDK.

Also.

The batcave was already being constructed during TDK while Wayne Manor was being rebuilt. The foundation on the Southeast corner...

maverick1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #97
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yes it does. If anything, a new batsuit would make the story go even more full circle because in BB his suit was too stiff and in TDK his suit was too vulnerable to knives and gunfire, so in TDKR he could have gotten a batsuit with maximum protection.
Ehh. Maybe you're on to something, but still, I think a new suit is something fans only expected because that was the motto for many Batfilms. I understand how a new suit would make sense for there to be better protection and still light enough to wear, but there was just no time in doing this. No time for Fox to create a suit and it'll be just the contrived fashion of BF and B&R of him having a new suit for the final battle.

Quote:
maybe because they thought the second batsuit was too complicated to sculpt. lol
It makes some sense that it's the first suit as that's when Batman first showed up.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #98
jacobed
Banned User

The batcave could have been done during TDK but the mansion still under construction so they didn't use it. The suit is more vulnerable to knives and gunfire but just barely. The only time he gets stabbed is if they're either on top of him like Joker or sneaking up on him and being what I assume to be very experienced with knives like Talia

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #99
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Next time he fights bane. Head gets demolished. Maybe a need.
The graphite wasn't up to specifications.

He should sue.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #100
ComicStalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1127 View Post
I agree...

But.

Obviously there was no need following the events of TDK.

Also.

The batcave was already being constructed during TDK while Wayne Manor was being rebuilt. The foundation on the Southeast corner...
Who would have known that nothing was gonna happen after TDK? Bruce didnt know, Lucius didnt know. No one knew that Batman wasn't gonna be needed for 8 years. Only Nolan and Goyer knew that. So there was plenty of reason for Bruce to want a new suit and for Lucius to make one for him. Especially with all the failures of the TDK suit when it came to guns and knives. Sure after 3-4 years of nothing happening, Bruce might have felt like there was no need for the 3rd suit. But that doesnt mean he shouldnt have one. Even Alfred said Bruce had been itching to get back in the game. Waiting for something bad to happen.
Sure the Batcave might have been being rebuilt during TDK but why bother stocking it? Or why keep the stuff in there if he was truly done with being Batman? All these things lead to the fact that Bruce wanted to be Batman, at least from the perspective that it gave him something to live for.

Last edited by ComicStalker; 07-26-2012 at 04:32 PM.
ComicStalker is offline   Reply With Quote