The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 10

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,679
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Ty-Zor is Superman's half-brother. It wouldn't make sense either for Michael Shannon to be playing him, or for Ty-Zor to be a Kryptonian conqueror with no relations to the House of El.

IF Shannon is not Zod (which I doubt), he's either Jax-Ur or Kata-Zor.

protocida is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

He's Zod. There's no Ty-zor or any of that crap from the Abrams script in this movie. Or so I hope.

UaalaDan is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
He's Zod. There's no Ty-zor or any of that crap from the Abrams script in this movie. Or so I hope.
yea Michael Shannon is zod it's been confirmed by wb and zack snyder.but they did take the suit of ty-zor and gave it to faora.

sup101 is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sky
Posts: 41,394
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
yea Michael Shannon is zod it's been confirmed by wb and zack snyder.but they did take the suit of ty-zor and gave it to faora.
Yup. They did.

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Yup. They did.
it's not a bad thing to me.they change it up tho and made it more realistic to fit with the movie.

sup101 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #8
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Not much realism about it. The suit looks like something from LOTR mixed with Krull.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,495
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

The suit looks awesome. And thats good enough for me.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #10
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
yea Michael Shannon is zod it's been confirmed by wb and zack snyder.but they did take the suit of ty-zor and gave it to faora.
Must say its quite smart on WB's part and makes them look a little less foolish with the failed attempts and I'll bet they've saved a decent amount of money using old concepts etc.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #11
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Does anyone know how much influence nolan has had or is having on the production? Snyder is ok but i trust in nolan more. His name is being used heavily in the promotion so i hope it's more that just lip-service i mean spielberg\s name keeps coming up with the crappy transformers films.

Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #12
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

he has had no influence during filming because he was doing batman

probably free now to help in the post production process

his influence was in the script and getting project off the ground

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
he has had no influence during filming because he was doing batman

probably free now to help in the post production process

his influence was in the script and getting project off the ground
And that's enough for me, I wonder if Goyer and Nolan would returm to write a sequel or not.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,328
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
And that's enough for me, I wonder if Goyer and Nolan would returm to write a sequel or not.
I hope so; I mean...their involvement with the story process is what mainly drew me to this film, let alone securing most of my confidence going into it.

While I agree that Snyder will give it his all in his directorial duties, and draw out great performances from his cast..when it comes to Story..that's something I would rather have Nolan and Goyer working on.


In any case, for the sake of modernizing Superman..I hope the one thing that they didn't aim for was making Superman a hero in this film as a result of feeling guilty for not being able to save someone.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 516
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope so; I mean...their involvement with the story process is what mainly drew me to this film, let alone securing most of my confidence going into it.

While I agree that Snyder will give it his all in his directorial duties, and draw out great performances from his cast..when it comes to Story..that's something I would rather have Nolan and Goyer working on.


In any case, for the sake of modernizing Superman..I hope the one thing that they didn't aim for was making Superman a hero in this film as a result of feeling guilty for not being able to save someone.
They may well have Clark going off to Alaska after the death of Jonathan,where he grieves his death,maybe with some feelings of guilt,and tries to work out who he is,and what he's going to do etc?

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #16
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,328
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
They may well have Clark going off to Alaska after the death of Jonathan,where he grieves his death,maybe with some feelings of guilt,and tries to work out who he is,and what he's going to do etc?
If done right..I think that could work. I definitely give the people in charge of the writing credit..so I'm hopeful that they won't make Superman into a spider-man redux.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,265
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

You'd kind of assume he was there because he wants to be as far away from people as possible, right? So I wonder if something happened that made him think he was a danger to other people? Or maybe every time he's used his powers before, people have been terrified of him, so he's gone somewhere where he's unlikely to need to use them or be seen using them (and then the oil rig thing happens and he realises he can go to the end of the earth but he can't out run his own nature or something like that).

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

i think oil rig scene is what makes him realize his potential maybe for once people are not reacting with fear in that scene and he is'nt so scared anymore

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #19
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 516
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
You'd kind of assume he was there because he wants to be as far away from people as possible, right? So I wonder if something happened that made him think he was a danger to other people? Or maybe every time he's used his powers before, people have been terrified of him, so he's gone somewhere where he's unlikely to need to use them or be seen using them (and then the oil rig thing happens and he realises he can go to the end of the earth but he can't out run his own nature or something like that).
Yeh,I think you're pretty much right,but I still have the feeling that he loses his Father as well,he seems to be quite down from the footage,maybe more than just from his own troubles,I might be reading too much into it though!

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #20
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Yeh,I think you're pretty much right,but I still have the feeling that he loses his Father as well,he seems to be quite down from the footage,maybe more than just from his own troubles,I might be reading too much into it though!
think you are correct
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
tornado scene is speculated where pa kent dies and that is clark from college years before he goes to alaska

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #21
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Judging from the style and mood from the footage so far, I'd say Nolan (and Goyer) has had a pretty big influence after all. Also appearing to be gone is most of Snyder's trademark stylized visuals. There's a "cleaner" look to MOS than his other movies. Surely WB's wishes and doings.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #22
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 516
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
think you are correct
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
tornado scene is speculated where pa kent dies and that is clark from college years before he goes to alaska
Aha,I had been keeping away from possible storylines,but that does suggest at part of the reason for Clark going walkabout.

Greeneyes is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #23
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
think you are correct
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
tornado scene is speculated where pa kent dies and that is clark from college years before he goes to alaska
Well that'd work for me

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #24
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,104
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Judging from the style and mood from the footage so far, I'd say Nolan (and Goyer) has had a pretty big influence after all. Also appearing to be gone is most of Snyder's trademark stylized visuals. There's a "cleaner" look to MOS than his other movies. Surely WB's wishes and doings.
Some people here are dismissive about giving Nolan any credit and they think that Snyder is the man who is behind most of the decisions for this movie.

I think that while Nolan's involvement is limited he sort of laid the road map for Snyder, after that the rest of process is all in Snyder's hands. I hope that I am making some sense here.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is online now  
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Judging from the style and mood from the footage so far, I'd say Nolan (and Goyer) has had a pretty big influence after all. Also appearing to be gone is most of Snyder's trademark stylized visuals. There's a "cleaner" look to MOS than his other movies. Surely WB's wishes and doings.
well snyder is'nt foreign to dark tones

watchmen is darker than all of nolan's films

Project862006 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.