The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #976
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
what is your fascination with him?...

try this: let him be and worry about your own self.
Where do you get the idea I have a fascination with him?

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #977
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Where do you get the idea I have a fascination with him?
why post information on a poster that is completely irrelevant to the discussion of Superman?... i jumped on your case because kurosawa isn't here to defend himself, and frankly, no one here probably really cares at all about where he is, or what he is saying on other forums, nor should it be your concern to track that individual's postings.

let him be and move on. his whereabouts is none of your or our concern, as he has the right to go wherever forum he wants and post what he wants.

anyways, on another note...

on the topic beforehand, are there any definite details on the script that can be confirmed as credible, besides the basic summary?

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #978
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,050
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
why post information on a poster that is completely irrelevant to the discussion of Superman?... i jumped on your case because kurosawa isn't here to defend himself, and frankly, no one here probably really cares at all about where he is, or what he is saying on other forums, nor should it be your concern to track that individual's postings.

let him be and move on. his whereabouts is none of your or our concern, as he has the right to go wherever forum he wants and post what he wants.
He was posting on another site (which in fact has another Superman discussion on it) and noticed a former member here was there. He pointed it out. Why are you acting like he's following him and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox?

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #979
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
why post information on a poster that is completely irrelevant to the discussion of Superman?... i jumped on your case because kurosawa isn't here to defend himself, and frankly, no one here probably really cares at all about where he is, or what he is saying on other forums, nor should it be your concern to track that individual's postings.

let him be and move on. his whereabouts is none of your or our concern, as he has the right to go wherever forum he wants and post what he wants.

anyways, on another note...

on the topic beforehand, are there any definite details on the script that can be confirmed as credible, besides the basic summary?
The reason I posted it is because he was a long time poster here and like many others I was shocked to find that he is no longer here. I figured others like me would want to know he is fighting the good fight for his favorite character, Superman (this is the ALL Things about Superman thread), wherever that maybe.

And I'm not sure what he would have to defend himself about as I never said anything about him positive or negative (unless you want to count this post which is positive). Maybe you should read the posts I make.

Also, I am not "tracking" him as you put it. I was posting there all day and saw his name pop up -- simple as that.

And again, where is this fascination you speak of? I make a mention of him and all of a sudden I hunt him all over the internet?

Back off.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #980
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He was posting on another site (which in fact has another Superman discussion on it) and noticed a former member here was there. He pointed it out. Why are you acting like he's following him and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox?
Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not crazy.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #981
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He was posting on another site (which in fact has another Superman discussion on it) and noticed a former member here was there. He pointed it out. Why are you acting like he's following him and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox?
because i know how many people hated him here... and it was sad to see that much hatred for a person just because he loved the traditional Superman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
The reason I posted it is because he was a long time poster here and like many others I was shocked to find that he is no longer here. I figured others like me would want to know he is fighting the good fight for his favorite character, Superman (this is the ALL Things about Superman thread), wherever that maybe.

And I'm not sure what he would have to defend himself about as I never said anything about him positive or negative (unless you want to count this post which is positive). Maybe you should read the posts I make.

Also, I am not "tracking" him as you put it. I was posting there all day and saw his name pop up -- simple as that.

And again, where is this fascination you speak of? I make a mention of him and all of a sudden I hunt him all over the internet?

Back off.
all I'm saying is that there's no need to discuss him in here, as from the past people seemed to utterly hate his posts, and the post came across as negative (not saying that was your intention, i just know people here despise him, and i dont like it when people talk about someone behind their back when they aren't here to defend themselves)... so whether you follow him or not (assumption on my part, i apologize), i think it would be best to just let the mention of him go, because whether it be for good or bad intentions, the end of it will be insults and slander to a man for his opinion on Superman...

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #982
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
because i know how many people hated him here... and it was sad to see that much hatred for a person just because he loved the traditional Superman.



all I'm saying is that there's no need to discuss him in here, as from the past people seemed to utterly hate his posts, and the post came across as negative (not saying that was your intention, i just know people here despise him, and i dont like it when people talk about someone behind their back when they aren't here to defend themselves)... so whether you follow him or not (assumption on my part, i apologize), i think it would be best to just let the mention of him go, because whether it be for good or bad intentions, the end of it will be insults and slander to a man for his opinion on Superman...
I'm not sure how that post came across as anything other than neutral but fair enough. Apology accepted.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #983
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,446
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I think I found Kurosawa. Check the comments section. And yes, I post about Superman on other sites -- ha.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/23/su...ment-627169065
I for one miss Kurosawa. He always brought such a colorful edge to these threads. Plus I genuinely agreed with him a large chunk of the time.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Compi716; 08-23-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Compi716 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #984
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Okay new idea on who Mocap guy might be

1.Namek-A Kryptonian that murdered a sacred Rondor to develop an elixir for immortality. While it worked, Nam-Ek was transformed into a foul purple behemoth with a horn protruding from his forehead and was sentenced to the Phantom Zone for his crime. Mocap guy cld be playing this villain escaped from the Phantom Zone.

2.Zod Robot-Bizarro-Back during Pre-crisis days,Zod was imprisoned for trying to take over Krypton with an army of army of robotic duplicates of himself, all bearing a resemblance to Bizarro.Mocap guy might be playing one of such duplicates which Zod brings with him to earth.Although it would be fabulous if in the movie Zod has his entire army with him in the movie....although it might bring avengers comparisons.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #985
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,994
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
He was posting on another site (which in fact has another Superman discussion on it) and noticed a former member here was there. He pointed it out. Why are you acting like he's following him and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox?
What? Krumm is following Kurosawa and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox? How can you do such mean things?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #986
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
What? Krumm is following Kurosawa and leaving notes written in blood in his mailbox? How can you do such mean things?
I also keep a picture of his avatar on my dart board. What's it to you?

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #987
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,994
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
See, that's where I disagree. My favorite JL books have always been the Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire. I swear those are the funniest, and most fun JL books ever. Some of that Booster Gold, Blue Bettle, Max Lord, Ms Marvel fun.
You can't disagree. I never said it was proof. I just said the nail was about the JLA existing without supes at first, and that his absence, in the context of this story wasn't for the best

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #988
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,994
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I also keep a picture of his avatar on my dart board. What's it to you?
Nothing. I'm meresly asking why someone would do that. But it's just out of curiosity. I'm not judging you.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #989
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Nothing. I'm meresly asking why someone would do that. But it's just out of curiosity. I'm not judging you.
Haha. I was kidding. I have nothing against the guy.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #990
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,994
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Haha. I was kidding. I have nothing against the guy.
I was joking too. I just took what highfive said you didn't do, and I pretended that you did it.

I like your avvy btw.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #991
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
I was joking too. I just took what highfive said you didn't do, and I pretended that you did it.

I like your avvy btw.
Haha. Okay, I wasn't sure there for a minute. Damn, message boards and lack of inflection.

And thanks. My girlfriend got me a Superman statue with my head on it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look all the much like me -- just from certain angles.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #992
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,994
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Haha. Okay, I wasn't sure there for a minute. Damn, message boards and lack of inflection.

And thanks. My girlfriend got me a Superman statue with my head on it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look all the much like me -- just from certain angles.
Wow, that's an amazing gift! Keep that girl!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zryson View Post
One of the parts I found very moving was when Kal knew it wasnt real, and how they acted out the scene.


this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #993
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Wow, that's an amazing gift! Keep that girl!
Oh, I plan on it. Here's a full pic if you're interested.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=191

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #994
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,221
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Semi Finals. Superman is losing to Spider-man. Vote!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/23/su...an-spider-man/
Find it silly to play the "_______ is a better character than _______!" game personally. Shouldn't matter who "wins" something as trivial as a fan-poll.

That said if I actually had to choose the better character overall... big a Superman fan I am, I'd have to say Spidey.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #995
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Find it silly to play the "_______ is a better character than _______!" game personally. Shouldn't matter who "wins" something as trivial as a fan-poll.

That said if I actually had to choose the better character overall... big a Superman fan I am, I'd have to say Spidey.
Yeah, all in all it's pointless and really just becomes a popularity contest (I'm sure Batman will win). In the end though, I just find it fun to discuss the characters and interesting to see the opinions that float around about our boy.

Krumm is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #996
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

superman > Spiderman.Superman for the win!Superman just have more haters then Spiderman.It's not about Spiderman being better let's be honest.Other then that superman is greater,more iconic and is the better character.Spiderman been more successful on the big screen but that don't make him better.I hope they get superman right this time.Big blue will be back!

sup101 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #997
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

need new pics

sup101 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #998
sup101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Okay new idea on who Mocap guy might be

1.Namek-A Kryptonian that murdered a sacred Rondor to develop an elixir for immortality. While it worked, Nam-Ek was transformed into a foul purple behemoth with a horn protruding from his forehead and was sentenced to the Phantom Zone for his crime. Mocap guy cld be playing this villain escaped from the Phantom Zone.

2.Zod Robot-Bizarro-Back during Pre-crisis days,Zod was imprisoned for trying to take over Krypton with an army of army of robotic duplicates of himself, all bearing a resemblance to Bizarro.Mocap guy might be playing one of such duplicates which Zod brings with him to earth.Although it would be fabulous if in the movie Zod has his entire army with him in the movie....although it might bring avengers comparisons.
It's gonna be alot of Kryptonians in this movie,even a sleeper agent Kryptonian named tor-an.We know this from that leaked call sheet.We seen alot of set pics with different people in mocap suits including shannon as zod.So obviously when zod get sent to the Phantom Zone more people will get sent with him.It make sense that it would already be people there too.Also it could be bad guys in the zone that's not Kryptonians.So that mocap guy beside faora might not be a Kryptonian.


Last edited by sup101; 08-24-2012 at 05:42 PM.
sup101 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #999
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,446
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
It's gonna be alot of Kryptonians in this movie,even a sleeper agent Kryptonian named tor-an.We know this from that leaked call sheet.We seen alot of set pics with different people in mocap suits including shannon as zod.So obviously when zod get sent to the Phantom Zone more people will get sent with him.It make sense that it would already be people there too.Also it could be bad guys in the zone that's not Kryptonians.So that mocap guy beside faora might not be a Kryptonian.
This is what I'm afraid of. The more Kryptonians there are, the less special Superman becomes. He's the "Last Son of Krypton" for a reason. Let's try keep things to a minimum.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline  
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #1000
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.