The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #101
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

He certainly looks like a teen version of Cavill.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #102
GreenKToo
In the fire

AUSTRALIA!!! that's the ticket.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #103
protocida
Side-Kick

I believe the movie will something like this.

Begins with a prologue on Krypton, featuring General Zod and his men attacking the Science Council, which includes Senator Jor-El. Jor-El and Zod fight, and Jor-El finally banishes Zod and his men to the Phantom Zone before learning that Zod has initiated a countdown to destroy the planet.

Jor-El escapes and evades the rest of Zod's army, returning home to Lara and baby Kal-El. He tells Lara about Krypton's imminent destruction and they put Kal-El in a spaceship, alongside a Codex with information about Krypton, and launch it to Earth, the planet with the environment most similar to Krypton, moments before the entire planet explodes.

The spaceship crash-lands in Smallville, Kansas, and is found by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who decide to adopt the baby and name him ''Clark''.

Fastforward to an adult Clark travelling the world, intercut with Flashbacks detailing his childhood and adolescence. As a teenager, he becomes involved in a bus crash during a field trip and uses his powers to pull the entire bus out of a river. Jonathan then decides to tell him about his origins and gives him the Codex. Clark decides to hide his powers and attents to college, graduating in journalism.

While visiting his parents, Smallville is hit by a tornado, and he uses his powers to save the people, while Jonathan helps others into a bunker. Jonathan pushes himself too hard and has a heart attack. Clark is too late to save him and blames himself, vowing not to use his powers again and leaving on a self-imposed exile.

Working as a fisherman, Clark ends up in an oil ring that catches on fire, and uses his powers to save the people therein before escaping. He ends up in Alaska, where the Fortress of Solitude is created and he interacts with a holographic projection of Jor-El that encourages Clark to embrace his gifts. Using a modified version of the House of El's family crest and Jor-El's old uniform, Clark adopts the identity of ''Superman''.

Clark tells his mother about his plans, and travels to Metropolis, where he begins working at the Daily Planet and meets Lois Lane and Perry White. He begins acting as Superman, and Lois decides to investigate about him, finding a series of reports of strange happenings on Kansas. She goes there, while Zod, Faora and a few others escape from the Phantom Zone and wreak havoc through Smallville.

The U.S. Army learns about what happened and sends an unit led by Colonel Hardy to confront Zod in Smallville. Superman appears and a threeway battle occurs, resulting in Superman being defeated and captured by Zod alongside Lois.

Aboard Zod's spaceship, Superman learns more about himself and his origin, and is offered a place in Zod's army as Zod plans to build a new and improved Krypton from the ashes of the human race. Superman declines, and escapes with Lois after learning Zod intents to begin his invasion in Metropolis.

Superman surrenders to the U.S. Army and is interrogated by General Swanwick. He reveals about Zod's plans to attack Metropolis. The U.S. Army decides to help Superman, resulting in a battle between Superman and the Army versus Zod and his forces in Metropolis.

Superman defeats Zod, and he is banished alongside his men. The world embraces Superman as a hero and he begins a relationship with Lois, while the Army calls Lex Luthor, CEO of LexCorp, to analyze leftover Kryptonian technology.

Give or take a few details.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #104
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
I believe the movie will GO something like this.
Stopped reading there. Speculation. Bad grammar and not even into the meat of the post.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #105
protocida
Side-Kick

Thanks, Ebert.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #106
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
Stopped reading there. Speculation. Bad grammar and not even into the meat of the post.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #107
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
I never read that fan-fiction crap

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #108
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I never read that fan-fiction crap
Neither do I. I do applaud the posters who point out that it's speculation or fanfic or a damned dream. Easier to ignore their posts later on.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #109
protocida
Side-Kick

Fanfic =/= Speculation.

But oh, well.

Oh, and does anyone know who's doing the SFX in the movie.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #110
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Weta Digital is doing the bulk of the effects with Double Negative and MPC providing back up.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #111
UaalaDan
Banned User

Is it just me or this kid came out as reaaaaaally cocky in this interview? It's ok, I guess, as long as he does his part right.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #112
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
that's rude!We are not in school.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #113
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Is it just me or this kid came out as reaaaaaally cocky in this interview? It's ok, I guess, as long as he does his part right.
he reminds me of a better looking version of bieber

Old 07-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #114
UaalaDan
Banned User

If somebody reminds you of Bieber, this is NEVER a good thing.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #115
Project862006
Banned User

he said his clark is from 1992 so i guess that means henry is 34 in MOS if we go by real time

Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #116
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
that's rude!We are not in school.
I know that. Graduated college in '02.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #117
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
Weta Digital is doing the bulk of the effects with Double Negative and MPC providing back up.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #118
sethypants
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
If somebody reminds you of Bieber, this is NEVER a good thing.
yeah i didnt say it was a good thing. he looks good for a kid but a lil cocky. at least he doesnt have feminine voice.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #119
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

He definitely seemed abit sure of himself but I guess unfortunately that's the norm these days. Aslong as his performance is good in Man of Steel then that's all I care about.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #120
KingMadness
Side-Kick

I saw some comic con footage and the fighting looked absolutely phenomenal, something like we haven't seen on the big screen.

But I remain unsure and unsatisfied for the following reason. I have a bad feeling that Superman vs. Zod won't last very long. All that cool fighting we saw, I think it will only be 3-4 minutes worth in a 2 hour movie. I worried about the amount of action in this movie. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #121
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
I saw some comic con footage and the fighting looked absolutely phenomenal, something like we haven't seen on the big screen.

But I remain unsure and unsatisfied for the following reason. I have a bad feeling that Superman vs. Zod won't last very long. All that cool fighting we saw, I think it will only be 3-4 minutes worth in a 2 hour movie. I worried about the amount of action in this movie. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.
All the fighting? I think you may have watched some different footage to what I saw. There are a few split second action shots in the comic con trailer why you think we're gonna hardly get any fighting from that is beyond me. You do know there's set pics of Superman fighting with Faora and a Mo Cap man don't you? The Comic Con footage was only a tease for the movie to come made for the audiences on CC. Its not wise to show lots of fighting/action scenes in your trailers cause then you leave nothing for the audiences to enjoy when they see the film (again Superman Returns did this with their trailers showing the shot to the eye and the Plane sequence).

I doubt WB's after the biggest complaint about Superman Returns been not enough action would be stupid enough to skimp on the action this time.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 07-29-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #122
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

He's a 13/14yr old boy who probably gets a LOT of positive attention from women for looking that good, and is going to get even more after landing the role of young Clark Kent... I'm not at all surprised he's a little sure of himself...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #123
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Oh yeah of course I can see why he is but he just came across way too cocky for my liking but he is young.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #124
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Some kids (a lot) just suck in generel, because they're obnoxious and dont know any better. It's a very natural feeling you're having, so dont worry about it.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #125
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Isn't Emil Hamilton going to be in MoS? The guy that's playing him looks exactly like a real version of him lol... I wonder how important his role will be.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread