The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #501
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Right now there are 70 Republicans that have voted yes.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #502
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Smart move....I would much rather explain why I voted yes to those constituents that wanted a no, than explain to those that wanted a yes, and I voted no.

Just seems like the easier explanation to me....

Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #503
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Smart move....I would much rather explain why I voted yes to those constituents that wanted a no, than explain to those that wanted a yes, and I voted no.

Just seems like the easier explanation to me....

I play this game...

I voted Yes, so we as a country can kick the can down the road a bit longer before **** hits the fan.

I voted no, so we can collapse now and deal with it, than collapse later on when it's gonna be more harder on us.

Not that hard Kelly...I typed ''Not that hard Kelly'' in Andy's voice. -_- I watch too much Red Eye...you can never watch too much Red Eye.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #504
dnno1
Side-Kick

It's just obvious that all the Republicans are interested in are tax cuts more than anything else. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Only 2 Republicans and 6 Democrats have voted no to this so far.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #505
dnno1
Side-Kick

Correction, this is a vote to agree on the rule. The vote will take place later tonight.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #506
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
It's just obvious that all the Republicans are interested in are tax cuts more than anything else. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Only 2 Republicans and 6 Democrats have voted no to this so far.
I think that is totally wrong....I think their main focus is spending cuts. Because their in lies the true problem, yet that is not the main focus of this administration. The fact that the taxes they are proposing will run the country for about 8 days....pretty much tells the story.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #507
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think that is totally wrong....I think their main focus is spending cuts. Because their in lies the true problem, yet that is not the main focus of this administration. The fact that the taxes they are proposing will run the country for about 8 days....pretty much tells the story.
This agreement is basically a ratio of $41-50 (depending on which source) of tax increase for $1 of spending cuts. Not that great of an agreement.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #508
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Chicken poo, it passed.

250 ish to 160 ish.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #509
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
This agreement is basically a ratio of $41-50 (depending on which source) of tax increase for $1 of spending cuts. Not that great of an agreement.
Which will amount to a net increase in spending of almost $4 trillion over the next ten years. Yes, the Republicans voted to maintain tax cuts and could have cared less about cutting spending (at least for now).

Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #510
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Which will amount to a net increase in spending of almost $4 trillion over the next ten years. Yes, the Republicans voted to maintain tax cuts and could have cared less about cutting spending (at least for now).
What are you talking about?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #511
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Oh, just wait....wait for the debt ceiling debate that will come once the new Congress is in place. The Republican leadership let them know today that today's vote will mean concessions in their favor the next debate.

Let's wait for that one, shall we....

Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #512
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, just wait....wait for the debt ceiling debate that will come once the new Congress is in place. The Republican leadership let them know today that today's vote will mean concessions in their favor the next debate.

Under the leadership of Boehner and McConnell, they'll ultimately cave again and not get anything out of it but a cool T-shirt.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #513
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

Oh please, the debt isn't going to be reduced anytime soon with either of these dinosaur parties in power. Obama doesn't want it anyway. To reduce the debt, you need a balanced budget. 1.4 Trillion reduction I believe.

Well...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I guess just over 1 Trillion would do it...

But if that does happen, someone feel free to slap me...

Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #514
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Under the leadership of Boehner and McConnell, they'll ultimately cave again and not get anything out of it but a cool T-shirt.
Boehner has no leadership ability whatsoever, nor any kind of backbone. McConnell is not fairing too well at the moment in his home state...so we shall see if he wants keep playing the same note, or make some changes.

My hope is that Boehner is voted OUT...as house speaker.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #515
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Paul Ryan's explanation for his vote:

http://budget.house.gov/news/documen...umentID=316033

Basically comes down to doing something versus nothing and limiting amount of taxpayers affected even though he didn't like the entire agreement. I can see where he's coming from in limiting the damage but not getting onto spending cuts along with it still seems like they didn't accomplish a thing.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #516
souloffire
Side-Kick

The only thing raising taxes will do is give the Government more money to spend. It's foolish to think that it's the "magic pill" for the debt.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #517
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
I play this game...

I voted Yes, so we as a country can kick the can down the road a bit longer before **** hits the fan.

I voted no, so we can collapse now and deal with it, than collapse later on when it's gonna be more harder on us.

Not that hard Kelly...I typed ''Not that hard Kelly'' in Andy's voice. -_- I watch too much Red Eye...you can never watch too much Red Eye.
You act as if these people have even an inch of integrity in their bodies....

Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #518
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by souloffire View Post
The only thing raising taxes will do is give the Government more money to spend. It's foolish to think that it's the "magic pill" for the debt.
More money to spend? They don't need money to spend it...they are always spending what they don't have. Just like us, the american people.
Heck, the government just built a $90 million facility that's basically just a private resort. (my company, who will not be named was involved in an aspect of the construction)

Last edited by Destructus86; 01-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #519
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

What bugs me is that everyone is talking about how they saved 95% of Americans from having to pay higher taxes when that isnít the truth. Yes, the agreement keeps INCOME TAXES from being raising for most Americans, but hardly anyone is talking about that fact that they didnít do anything about the SOCIAL SECURITY TAX, which has been raised on ALL working Americans. Starting now, the average American ($50,000 a year)will lose at least $1000 a year to the raised SS tax.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #520
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

The fact that the government has land and buildings all over the country that are not being used for anything, and yet they are not willing to sell them off doesn't surprise me that they have a private resort somewhere.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #521
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
What bugs me is that everyone is talking about how they saved 95% of Americans from having to pay higher taxes when that isnít the truth. Yes, the agreement keeps INCOME TAXES from being raising for most Americans, but hardly anyone is talking about that fact that they didnít do anything about the SOCIAL SECURITY TAX, which has been raised on ALL working Americans. Starting now, the average American ($50,000 a year)will lose at least $1000 a year to the raised SS tax.
This is true, I can't really weigh in on that, I don't pay into social security as a teacher...but that is a problem for sure for many.

BUT, my stocks are doing fine today, so I am happy about that....

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #522
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
You act as if these people have even an inch of integrity in their bodies....

I like to think Rand Paul has 2 inches of intergrity...after endorsing ROmney and voting yes on NDAA 2013.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #523
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

The audacity of this President, blows my mind sometimes....is he ****ing kidding me?

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Jan 1 (Reuters) - Speaking after winning a "fiscal cliff" victory, President Barack Obama vowed on Tuesday to avoid a repeat of last year's divisive fight with Congress over an extension of the nation's borrowing authority.
"While I will negotiate over many things, I will not have another debate with this Congress about whether or not they should pay the bills they have already racked up," Obama said in remarks in the White House.
He urged "a little less drama" in coming budget talks about cutting government spending.
Pay the bills THEY HAVE ALREADY RACKED UP? Are you kidding....

I swear I picture him running through the White House with his fingers in his ears yelling...."lalalalalalalaalalalalalalalala.....I can't hear you..... lalalalalalalalalalalalala".

But, fine, he doesn't have to be in the debate...he can send his VP again, he actually gets things done.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #524
Paradoxium

So the richest of the richest, which Obama and his Obama apologist love to rag on, don't get the gigantic carried interest loophole closed. I thought people here were butthurt over how much in taxes Romney was paying. I remind you guys, Romney was actually planning on closing carried interest and state deduction. This was why he was so "vague" publically, lest you read his materials/proposals.

It's a cold day in hell when you realize Romney might have actually raised more taxes on the rich, than Obama in actual practice. Closing loopholes does way more than those insane static tax analysis projections. Which I remind you, California comically used and missed by a far shot.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #525
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
So the richest of the richest, which Obama and his Obama apologist love to rag on, don't get the gigantic carried interest loophole closed. I thought people here were butthurt over how much in taxes Romney was paying. I remind you guys, Romney was actually planning on closing carried interest and state deduction. This was why he was so "vague" publically, lest you read his materials/proposals.

It's a cold day in hell when you realize Romney might have actually raised more taxes on the rich, than Obama in actual practice. Closing loopholes does way more than those insane static tax analysis projections. Which I remind you, California comically used and missed by a far shot.
Yeah, and the guy he wants on his Economic team to lead it, has 40% of his money "someplace else" using those loopholes.