The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #651
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,836
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Hey, if we crash we crash...we brought it on ourselves. I can live without my "things". I'm no stranger to struggle. As long as our government keeps overspending what it doesn't have this will never end.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #652
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,343
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.

Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #653
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,294
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

That sucks. I'm sorry.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #654
Figs
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,625
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.
Sorry to hear that. I got laid off in September because the company was consolidating. Still looking for work...

Figs is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #655
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic
 
Zatanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shadowcrest
Posts: 985
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.
*hugs*

It saddens me to hear that.

__________________
Zatanna fan. Lois fan. Babs fan. Talia fan. Potterhead.
Zatanna is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #656
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,343
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Just gotta persevere and push on I guess. To all my fellow hypesters who are unemployed, maybe things will get better for us once we get past this debt ceiling nonsense.

Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #657
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,783
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.
Oh Marvolo, I'm so sorry to hear that.

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #658
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,092
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.
I am sorry. My work is hiring if you are in Denver?

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #659
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,389
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

My company is hiring in central California if you're into IS or Business Intelligence. We're planning to hire at least 120 more by the end of the year.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #660
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,343
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I appreciate the heads up guys but Im on the East Coast. If anyone on the east coast knows of jobs post em. Hey I got an idea for thread if yall think its a good idea. Any jobs we hear about we can post them in the thread. It may help some people on here who arent having much luck.

Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #661
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,389
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I appreciate the heads up guys but Im on the East Coast. If anyone on the east coast knows of jobs post em. Hey I got an idea for thread if yall think its a good idea. Any jobs we hear about we can post them in the thread. It may help some people on here who arent having much luck.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=361843

check out the first post

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #662
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,343
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well looks like im gonna be frequenting that thread.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


H.E.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #663
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,389
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Thoughts on the debt ceiling by Tony Fratto, former assistant secretary in the U.S. Treasury Department, and then Deputy Assistant to President George W. Bush starting in 2006.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #664
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,211
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Late to the conversation, but sorry to hear that Marvolo. Good luck in finding a new job. I'm not sure how helpful this is, but there are also online sites with job listings created by the states themselves. Like in Indiana we have https://www.indianacareerconnect.com/. Where you can look for job openings, submit a resume, and apply online. You can do that inbetween looking physically on foot around your area.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Fading is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #665
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,653
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.
Who were you working for and what do you do for a living?

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #666
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,836
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I managed to get a raise AND a pay cut alll at the same time. Takes skillz.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #667
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17,343
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I managed to get a raise AND a pay cut alll at the same time. Takes skillz.

__________________
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


H.E.
Marvolo is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #668
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,313
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

So great news peoples. Obama is nominating Jack Lew for the post. This master genius was the COO of Citigroup during the leadup to the 2008 crisis. He was one of the master geniuses who bought all the garbage bonds via their infamous SIV method. He was hugely responsible for bankrupting his own company. This is great news. You couldn't have found a more qualified person to watch the purse strings of America.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #669
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,836
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Eh, we were on a bubble about to pop anyway. The economy is on borrowed time.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #670
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Eh, we were on a bubble about to pop anyway. The economy is on borrowed time.

maybe I should watch Hobo with a shot gun, so I know how to defend myself from other Hobo's while I am a hobo in the future.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #671
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,092
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
So great news peoples. Obama is nominating Jack Lew for the post. This master genius was the COO of Citigroup during the leadup to the 2008 crisis. He was one of the master geniuses who bought all the garbage bonds via their infamous SIV method. He was hugely responsible for bankrupting his own company. This is great news. You couldn't have found a more qualified person to watch the purse strings of America.
Obama has had a bunch of crooks in his close quarters. The left *****ed to the right about GE not paying any taxes and Obama goes and hires their CEO to tell him about the economy. No Wall Street fat cat or Banker CEO has gone to jail for the financial meltdown. Hell, you can insider trade and steal campaign funds and all that happens to a Congressman is a censure. They only throw out a sacrificial lamb every now and then to make the public think that the crooks in office are better than the crooks not in office.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #672
Paradoxium
.
 
Paradoxium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,313
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

The 2012 voters voted for:

- a pay raise for Congress
- Increasing Health premiums
Quote:
Health insurance premiums may as much as double for some small businesses and individual buyers in the U.S. when the Affordable Care Act’s major provisions start in 2014, Aetna Inc. (AET)’s chief executive officer said.

While subsidies in the law will shield some people, other consumers who make too much for assistance are in for “premium rate shock,” Mark Bertolini, who runs the third-biggest U.S. health-insurance company, told analysts yesterday at a conference in New York. The prospect has spurred discussion of having Congress delay or phase in parts of the law, he said.

“We’ve shared it all with the people in Washington and I think it’s a big concern,” the CEO said. “We’re going to see some markets go up as much as as 100 percent.”
So if you were trying to find a job in this market. **** is gonna get real.

__________________
.
.
Paradoxium is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #673
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,389
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

The Debt Limit in a nutshell

http://devour.com/video/the-united-s...mit-explained/

To be fair, he does skip over the part where the President has to sign the bills to make them law. Can't remember if Congress can overturn a veto on the budget or not.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #674
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,092
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
The 2012 voters voted for:

- a pay raise for Congress
- Increasing Health premiums


So if you were trying to find a job in this market. **** is gonna get real.
Here is what is hilarious...people not realizing that fully insuring everyone that couldn't pay for insurance causes the prices to go up on the people who are paying for insurance because you now have to pay for those people. Obama also taxes medical equipment that also causes your healthcare to go up more. He also takes billions away from the elderly that paid into the system their entire life. Enjoy.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #675
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,286
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
The 2012 voters voted for:

- a pay raise for Congress
- Increasing Health premiums


So if you were trying to find a job in this market. **** is gonna get real.
I imagine this is why Starbucks KEEPS delaying going over most applications and then going ahead with interviews. What was suppose to be early or mid January time frame, I was told this morning by the manager in Morehead, it's now late Jan/early Feb.

every thing gonna hit the fan...but like I always say, smoke em if you got them, and get to work 3rd parties/minor parties. Cause this ****ery two party system is about to get a punch to it's nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Here is what is hilarious...people not realizing that fully insuring everyone that couldn't pay for insurance causes the prices to go up on the people who are paying for insurance because you now have to pay for those people. Obama also taxes medical equipment that also causes your healthcare to go up more. He also takes billions away from the elderly that paid into the system their entire life. Enjoy.
Chaos.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.