The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #651
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Hey, if we crash we crash...we brought it on ourselves. I can live without my "things". I'm no stranger to struggle. As long as our government keeps overspending what it doesn't have this will never end.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #652
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

My job just went under. I am now unemployed.

Looks like the 47% just got a littlw bigger.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #653
childeroland
Side-Kick

That sucks. I'm sorry.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #654
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post

Sorry to hear that. I got laid off in September because the company was consolidating. Still looking for work...

Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #655
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:

*hugs*

It saddens me to hear that.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #656
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Just gotta persevere and push on I guess. To all my fellow hypesters who are unemployed, maybe things will get better for us once we get past this debt ceiling nonsense.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #657
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Oh Marvolo, I'm so sorry to hear that.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #658
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:

I am sorry. My work is hiring if you are in Denver?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #659
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

My company is hiring in central California if you're into IS or Business Intelligence. We're planning to hire at least 120 more by the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #660
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I appreciate the heads up guys but Im on the East Coast. If anyone on the east coast knows of jobs post em. Hey I got an idea for thread if yall think its a good idea. Any jobs we hear about we can post them in the thread. It may help some people on here who arent having much luck.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #661
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
I appreciate the heads up guys but Im on the East Coast. If anyone on the east coast knows of jobs post em. Hey I got an idea for thread if yall think its a good idea. Any jobs we hear about we can post them in the thread. It may help some people on here who arent having much luck.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=361843

check out the first post

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #662
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well looks like im gonna be frequenting that thread.

H.E.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #663
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Thoughts on the debt ceiling by Tony Fratto, former assistant secretary in the U.S. Treasury Department, and then Deputy Assistant to President George W. Bush starting in 2006.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #664
Fading
>:(

Late to the conversation, but sorry to hear that Marvolo. Good luck in finding a new job. I'm not sure how helpful this is, but there are also online sites with job listings created by the states themselves. Like in Indiana we have https://www.indianacareerconnect.com/. Where you can look for job openings, submit a resume, and apply online. You can do that inbetween looking physically on foot around your area.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 AM   #665
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:

Who were you working for and what do you do for a living?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #666
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I managed to get a raise AND a pay cut alll at the same time. Takes skillz.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #667
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I managed to get a raise AND a pay cut alll at the same time. Takes skillz.

H.E.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #668
Paradoxium

So great news peoples. Obama is nominating Jack Lew for the post. This master genius was the COO of Citigroup during the leadup to the 2008 crisis. He was one of the master geniuses who bought all the garbage bonds via their infamous SIV method. He was hugely responsible for bankrupting his own company. This is great news. You couldn't have found a more qualified person to watch the purse strings of America.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #669
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Eh, we were on a bubble about to pop anyway. The economy is on borrowed time.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #670
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Eh, we were on a bubble about to pop anyway. The economy is on borrowed time.

maybe I should watch Hobo with a shot gun, so I know how to defend myself from other Hobo's while I am a hobo in the future.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #671
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
So great news peoples. Obama is nominating Jack Lew for the post. This master genius was the COO of Citigroup during the leadup to the 2008 crisis. He was one of the master geniuses who bought all the garbage bonds via their infamous SIV method. He was hugely responsible for bankrupting his own company. This is great news. You couldn't have found a more qualified person to watch the purse strings of America.
Obama has had a bunch of crooks in his close quarters. The left *****ed to the right about GE not paying any taxes and Obama goes and hires their CEO to tell him about the economy. No Wall Street fat cat or Banker CEO has gone to jail for the financial meltdown. Hell, you can insider trade and steal campaign funds and all that happens to a Congressman is a censure. They only throw out a sacrificial lamb every now and then to make the public think that the crooks in office are better than the crooks not in office.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #672
Paradoxium

The 2012 voters voted for:

- a pay raise for Congress
- Increasing Health premiums
Quote:
Health insurance premiums may as much as double for some small businesses and individual buyers in the U.S. when the Affordable Care Act’s major provisions start in 2014, Aetna Inc. (AET)’s chief executive officer said.

While subsidies in the law will shield some people, other consumers who make too much for assistance are in for “premium rate shock,” Mark Bertolini, who runs the third-biggest U.S. health-insurance company, told analysts yesterday at a conference in New York. The prospect has spurred discussion of having Congress delay or phase in parts of the law, he said.

“We’ve shared it all with the people in Washington and I think it’s a big concern,” the CEO said. “We’re going to see some markets go up as much as as 100 percent.”
So if you were trying to find a job in this market. **** is gonna get real.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #673
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

The Debt Limit in a nutshell

http://devour.com/video/the-united-s...mit-explained/

To be fair, he does skip over the part where the President has to sign the bills to make them law. Can't remember if Congress can overturn a veto on the budget or not.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #674
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:

Here is what is hilarious...people not realizing that fully insuring everyone that couldn't pay for insurance causes the prices to go up on the people who are paying for insurance because you now have to pay for those people. Obama also taxes medical equipment that also causes your healthcare to go up more. He also takes billions away from the elderly that paid into the system their entire life. Enjoy.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #675
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

I imagine this is why Starbucks KEEPS delaying going over most applications and then going ahead with interviews. What was suppose to be early or mid January time frame, I was told this morning by the manager in Morehead, it's now late Jan/early Feb.

every thing gonna hit the fan...but like I always say, smoke em if you got them, and get to work 3rd parties/minor parties. Cause this ****ery two party system is about to get a punch to it's nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Here is what is hilarious...people not realizing that fully insuring everyone that couldn't pay for insurance causes the prices to go up on the people who are paying for insurance because you now have to pay for those people. Obama also taxes medical equipment that also causes your healthcare to go up more. He also takes billions away from the elderly that paid into the system their entire life. Enjoy.
Chaos.

Closed Thread