The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #676
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Finally got my paycheck where I could tell if I was cut any....last paycheck had extra pay on it for mentoring so I couldn't tell.

Looks like I'm paying $5 bucks per paycheck more to somewhere....lol

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #677
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Here is what is hilarious...people not realizing that fully insuring everyone that couldn't pay for insurance causes the prices to go up on the people who are paying for insurance because you now have to pay for those people. Obama also taxes medical equipment that also causes your healthcare to go up more. He also takes billions away from the elderly that paid into the system their entire life. Enjoy.
Well, Chase, those that will be getting that insurance that could never afford it before don't think in these terms.

My only hope this next year is that my state releases some of the surplus we now have to teacher pay raises so that I can at least pay for the increase in my insurance, WHICH I KNOW IS COMING....

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #678
Paradoxium

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock

Quote:
A California insurance broker, who sells health plans to individuals and small businesses, told me that she’s prepping her clients for a sticker shock. Her local carriers are hinting to her that premiums may triple this fall, when the plans unveil how they’ll billet the full brunt of Obamacare’s new regulations and mandates.

California is hardly alone. Around the country, insurers are fixing to raise rates by double digits. They’re privately briefing politicians in Washington on what’s in store. Those briefings are leaving a lot of folks up and down Pennsylvania Avenue jumpy.

What’s gives? President Obama, after all, said he’d prevent these sorts of prices. His new health law gave state regulators the power to block premium increases. It even created a federal agency to oversee insurance rates. But these bureaucrats are spectators to the price hikes. They’re mere wallflowers. Even in the bluest of states.

Their silence is the best evidence of who is culpable for the increases. It’s the policymakers. It’s Obamacare. The President is accepting the premium hikes as an allowable consequence of his healthcare policies.

There’s buzz in Washington that to ease the price hikes, the Obama team may slow down some of the most expensive regulations. This might include the law’s mandatory community rating. One approach they’re said to be considering is allowing some of the historically based underwriting to stay in place for a time.

But premiums will still rise because, in the end, everything has a price.
Reap what you sow.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #679
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Honestly I think they would use a bad flu season to triple prices. There really is almost no regulations on insurance, almost as little as with credit cards.

That said I'll wait and see about this triple thing actually happening. If it does and insurance, which has become monstrous over the years in terms of actually providing any form of real healthcare but always shows impressive profits, needs to be retooled to actually do what it's supposed to, I'm ok with that.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #680
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Ill believe it when I see it. Mine went up already but only a few dollars. This sounds like the same thing corporations are doing. Taking advantage of the situation to jack up prices and cut hours.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #681
Destructus86
Side-Kick

uggh...i'm not looking forward to how this will effect my paycheck again.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #682
Paradoxium

The price shocks is probably coming in at the end of 2013 or early 2014. Whatever increases you are seeing is not even the tip of the iceberg.

But it is glorious news for those who demanded the increase to their premiums.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #683
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I should find out about the changes to my health insurance in about a month.....I am not looking forward to that meeting. AT ALL....

If our Texas legislature doesn't release some of that surplus we gained over the last 2 years and allow a raise for teachers, we are probably royally screwed with the health insurance.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #684
Paradoxium

CHANGE, that's all you're gonna have in your pocket when he is done

Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #685
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Well, being a teacher, I don't get hit by a lot of the deductions that others do....BUT, yes, I have a feeling I'm going to get killed on the health insurance....

Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #686
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Unless one of the changes is, even though I'm a teacher, I get paid the damn money that I paid into Social Security....it is pretty damn pathetic, that I am only 1/2 a unit from FULL SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS....money that I PAID IN....but because I'm a teacher, getting retirement benefits (THAT I ALSO PAY INTO....) I won't receive a SS Check EVER, FOR ANY AMOUNT, I only get medicare. So, sorry....but don't really give a crap what changes are coming....

I will say this, I have a friend that makes under $50,000 a year. His paycheck this last time after ALL OF THESE CHANGES, was $200.00 less. Wow Obama, way to NOT HURT THE MIDDLE CLASS, ONLY THOSE MAKING OVER $250,000....well congrats people, ya get what ya vote for....enjoy.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #687
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

U.S. Economy Shrinks For The First Time Since The Recession Ended

Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #688
Destructus86
Side-Kick

The Recession ended?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #689
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The Recession ended?
Yes, I forget what the actual criteria is...but according to the criteria, yes it ended....

Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #690
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The Recession ended?
Yeah, I'm reading two articles from the MSN homepage on it. One saying 'Oh, it's just a minor thing' and another is 'Pain is coming bro'.

The MSM keeps saying it ended years ago...I guess the better term is...um, steady out? Went from recession to just 'meh' basically.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #691
chaseter
Bland User

Who woulda thunk that the economy would shrink when everyone's taxes and healthcare costs were cemented to go up? Hint...no Democrats. Who wants to bet it occurred after the election?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #692
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yes, I forget what the actual criteria is...but according to the criteria, yes it ended....
The rule of thumb is two consecutive down quarters.

Economists look at a 1.5% rise in unemployment in 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #693
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The rule of thumb is two consecutive down quarters.

Economists look at a 1.5% rise in unemployment in 12 months.
There ya go....

Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #694
Paradoxium

Glorious news comrades.

Repeat after me... we call it

CAPITAL FLIGHT

Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #695
Paradoxium

Glorious news comrades.

Our quest to demonstrate the superiority of debt in spurring growth continues.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #696
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Glorious news comrades.

Repeat after me... we call it

CAPITAL FLIGHT
Yep, and when all of the Obamacare regulations sit in......WATCH'UM RUN.......

Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #697
Theweepeople
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Unless one of the changes is, even though I'm a teacher, I get paid the damn money that I paid into Social Security....it is pretty damn pathetic, that I am only 1/2 a unit from FULL SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS....money that I PAID IN....but because I'm a teacher, getting retirement benefits (THAT I ALSO PAY INTO....) I won't receive a SS Check EVER, FOR ANY AMOUNT, I only get medicare. So, sorry....but don't really give a crap what changes are coming....

I will say this, I have a friend that makes under $50,000 a year. His paycheck this last time after ALL OF THESE CHANGES, was $200.00 less. Wow Obama, way to NOT HURT THE MIDDLE CLASS, ONLY THOSE MAKING OVER $250,000....well congrats people, ya get what ya vote for....enjoy.
I have 4 co-workers who make well under $50,000 a year. Two of them were struggling financially before the beginning of 2013. Now all of them are considering leaving California after seeing a $50+ decrease in their paychecks.

My pregnant wife and I are middle class Americans who are basically living from paycheck to paycheck. We make decent money but, 95% of it goes to paying for the mortgage, food, medical insurance, car insurance, property taxes, home association fees, and gas. I truly believe there is no economic future for the middle class in this state anymore. Ultimately, my wife and I will have to leave unless I win the lottery or come up with some innovative business scheme that puts us in upper class.

CBM hack list:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnson, Rob Bowman, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Avi Arad, Pitoff, John Rogers, and Tim Story.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #698
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theweepeople View Post
I have 4 co-workers who make well under $50,000 a year. Two of them were struggling financially before the beginning of 2013. Now all of them are considering leaving California after seeing a $50+ decrease in their paychecks.

My pregnant wife and I are middle class Americans who are basically living from paycheck to paycheck. We make decent money but, 95% of it goes to paying for the mortgage, food, medical insurance, car insurance, property taxes, home association fees, and gas. I truly believe there is no economic future for the middle class in this state anymore. Ultimately, my wife and I will have to leave unless I win the lottery or come up with some innovative business scheme that puts us in upper class.
I honestly do not see how people live in California or New York these days and make it....I have several friends that teach in New York, and they absolutely love it, but they can't afford to live there anymore, and they are SINGLE, no kids, nothing.... just sad.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #699
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Glorious news comrades.

Our quest to demonstrate the superiority of debt in spurring growth continues.

Christ, I give this country 10 years before the drapes catch fire and the whole place goes up in a blaze.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 AM   #700
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

You know what tiiiiime it is?

Monetary Collapse Time! What will the GOP and Democrats do?! What will 3rd and minor parties do? And most importantly, what will Red Eye on Fox News say on the matter? And how will Bill Schulz survive?!

looooooooooooool.

Closed Thread