The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #751
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
yep

And because of it, we pay 10 cents a text, even though it uses a fraction of the data of a single minute of a phone call (and despite your cell sending hundreds of texts a day anyway to communicate with cell towers).

And we have limited 'unlimited' data plans that either cost a fortune, are slow, are limited, or some combination thereof.

Pfft, I use Virgin Mobile bro...I get unlimited text. $37.36 a month for 300 minutes, unlimited text, data, and web.

can't beat that plan. And I double dare you to find a better contract or no contract plan.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #752
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I don't pay for text. There's an app for that.

Virgin is still a new player to the US game. And they didn't have the phone I wanted. Also, I couldn't find anything about it's data speed.

I'll be curious to see where they're at when my contract is up. I almost went with T-Mobile because they were only $30 a month with no contract and unlimited data. But no LTE, and that's really what I wanted.

I'm sorta hoping Google starts getting into the mobile market too by then. Really put a **** ton of fear into the big boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #753
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I don't pay for text. There's an app for that.

Virgin is still a new player to the US game. And they didn't have the phone I wanted. Also, I couldn't find anything about it's data speed.

I'll be curious to see where they're at when my contract is up. I almost went with T-Mobile because they were only $30 a month with no contract and unlimited data. But no LTE, and that's really what I wanted.

I'm sorta hoping Google starts getting into the mobile market too by then. Really put a **** ton of fear into the big boys.

Virgin gets the old phones Sprint has...Virgin may lie and say they don't, but they get old phones. My Kyocera Rise was a Sprint phone, but then went to Virgin Mobile.

Virign has unlimited data, but fake. At 2gb you get a warning. at 2.5gb they throttle you up to 5GB. I use a thing called ''wi-fi'' so that problem is mute to me.

To hell with Google and their Darth Vader ways. They keep buggin me about changing my YouTube screen name to my real name.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #754
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

meh, I just ignore it. I didn't even use my real name for Google+.

And while I don't like their email practices, I do applaud them for bringing competition to the market place. I'd love to be in Kansas City and getting that free fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #755
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Is Obama telling the truth about sequestration?

This whole sequestration debacle is entertaining...

It absolutely blows my mind that all of these agencies crying about not having enough money to do this or that if they are cut people will die....lol, makes me laugh...

For example.... the President yesterday is now talking about the FFA, OMG....your wait time is going to go up and blah...blah....blah. It is a national security issue, blah....blah....blah. HOW ABOUT WE SIMPLY DO A MORE EFFICIENT JOB OF SPENDING THE DAMN MONEY YOU HAVE.... Air travel has gone down 27% in the past years, yet the FFA has gained 41% in money. Hmmmmm.....how about doing a better, more efficient job, cut the extra baggage (no pun intended) and slim up a little.

I just do not get it. These agencies are already bloated when it comes to money.

Let the sequestration happen, and let people in Washington finally figure out how to actually effeciently and effectively spend money.

OH, and Congress may have to fly commercial now....ALL OF THEM. *puts hand to mouth* what shall we do? the horror of it all....

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #756
SoulManX
The Inspector!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...rss#/#military

From the Schoolhouse to the Factory Floor, Girding for Cuts

Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #757
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Is Obama telling the truth about sequestration?

This whole sequestration debacle is entertaining...

It absolutely blows my mind that all of these agencies crying about not having enough money to do this or that if they are cut people will die....lol, makes me laugh...

For example.... the President yesterday is now talking about the FFA, OMG....your wait time is going to go up and blah...blah....blah. It is a national security issue, blah....blah....blah. HOW ABOUT WE SIMPLY DO A MORE EFFICIENT JOB OF SPENDING THE DAMN MONEY YOU HAVE.... Air travel has gone down 27% in the past years, yet the FFA has gained 41% in money. Hmmmmm.....how about doing a better, more efficient job, cut the extra baggage (no pun intended) and slim up a little.

I just do not get it. These agencies are already bloated when it comes to money.

Let the sequestration happen, and let people in Washington finally figure out how to actually effeciently and effectively spend money.

OH, and Congress may have to fly commercial now....ALL OF THEM. *puts hand to mouth* what shall we do? the horror of it all....
Still acting like campaigner-in-chief, instead of being a leader of the country. He knew this was coming. Rather than spending valuable time in brokering a deal, he went around the country to campaigning for people to get behind him and also whining to the media saying he was blindsided by Republicans in Congress on sequestration. He agreed to deal with and hasn't dealt with that deal so it shouldn't come as any surprise that it's still something that needs to be taken care of.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #758
Paradoxium

SEEEEEKWESTER! ARMAGEDDOOOONNNN!!!! Time to commit suicide or die trying

Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #759
Paradoxium

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...53870_700b.jpg awesomely awesome picture. Too big to post.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #760
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post

SEEEEEKWESTER! ARMAGEDDOOOONNNN!!!! Time to commit suicide or die trying

Govt doesn't want to cut spending. And this cut would be a horrible cut, cause it's going to ruin people's lives. So the Govt sucks, cause it can't even make wise cuts that we need right now.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #761
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Still acting like campaigner-in-chief, instead of being a leader of the country. He knew this was coming. Rather than spending valuable time in brokering a deal, he went around the country to campaigning for people to get behind him and also whining to the media saying he was blindsided by Republicans in Congress on sequestration. He agreed to deal with and hasn't dealt with that deal so it shouldn't come as any surprise that it's still something that needs to be taken care of.
It just absolutely baffles me on how Obama is acting with the sequester and blaming the GOP considering that this damn thing was his idea in the first place and he's the one who signed the bill creating it. At least First Term Obama pretended to reach his hand out, Second Term Obama has been acting like a total dick up front. Has the man forgotten that he has to work with these people?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #762
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It just absolutely baffles me on how Obama is acting with the sequester and blaming the GOP considering that this damn thing was his idea in the first place and he's the one who signed the bill creating it. At least First Term Obama pretended to reach his hand out, Second Term Obama has been acting like a total dick up front. Has the man forgotten that he has to work with these people?
I don't think he believes he has to work with them....if he doesn't get what he wants he will just write an executive order.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #763
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I don't think he believes he has to work with them....if he doesn't get what he wants he will just write an executive order.
This is why it's better to have a president who actually has executive experience (i.e. governor or military officer.) They seem to be better at knowing how to negotiate and when to take as much as they can get without ruining the whole deal.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 02-26-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #764
Handsome Rob
Prepare for Razzle-Dazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
With no re-election to try and win, we're seeing the real Obama--a whiny, lying, petulant, my-way-or-the-highway man-child. I have no doubt that if the sequester goes through, he'll direct it to cause maximum pain on the American people . . . all for political advantage.

And he'll keep blaming the Republicans, because he knows his base of low-information voters will always accept the words out of his mouth as the gospel truth.

Want to join the Revolution? Support the FairTax.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #765
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Rob View Post
With no re-election to try and win, we're seeing the real Obama--a whiny, lying, petulant, my-way-or-the-highway man-child. I have no doubt that if the sequester goes through, he'll direct it to cause maximum pain on the American people . . . all for political advantage.

And he'll keep blaming the Republicans, because he knows his base of low-information voters will always accept the words out of his mouth as the gospel truth.
So basically he's just another Chicago-style, machine-run politician.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #766
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
This is why it's better to have a president who actually has executive experience (i.e. governor or military officer.) They seem to be better at knowing how to negotiate and when to take as much as they can get without ruining the whole deal.
I dunno, Dubya acted the same way after he won re-election.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #767
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So...curious on everyones opinions...will we recover by some amazing means or will we continue down into collapse?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #768
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
So...curious on everyones opinions...will we recover by some amazing means or will we continue down into collapse?
We will limp along for at least another decade in my estimation...

Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #769
Victarion
Cut

Is there a tl;dr for the instrument of our collapse? Also, I have heard our educational institutions will be taking hits. That's the last thing we need, especially where our science labs are concerned.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #770
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

JP Morgan Chase (guess these were two banks that merged, huh) will cut 17,000 jobs by end of next year.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...ut-17000-jobs/

And...

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post...3-253b1dac477a

I don't even give a ****, just collapse. Let's just take a knee and end the clock instead of spiking the ball or calling time out, when it looks like both major parties won't do **** to fix this country and escape the very likely hood of a monetary collapse. These two 'clown' parties don't deserve power anymore, let 3rd parties compete.

Seriously, 16.5 Trillion debt. A dollar that has lost well over 90% of it's buying power. High taxes. Help me out here, I feel I am missing more. More jobs overseas, uh-huh. Parties pissing about a measly 85B in cuts coming Friday. Yea, cuts in wrong places, but they are still pissing about cuts and don't want cuts.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #771
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Apparently the WH doesn't like how Bob Woodward, the legendary WaPo journalist, is correctly pointing out how Obama and Co. are responsible for the sequestration even though they try to pin on the Republicans. Having WH aides yelling and even threatening him really show what I already thought about the people who Obama has surrounded himself with: they are arrogant, thin-skinned people who don't like to be challenged or admit when they are wrong. Really why I feel good about having never fallen for all the false noise they put out to entice voters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...war-88212.html

Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #772
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Oh,exactly! Obama is right,you are wrong (even when he lies), and if you don't agree or follow everything he says all of the time you're a racist, anti-government,anti-U.S., and now also a terrorist.

Land of the free,home of the brave folks!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #773
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

And....I'm not a racist. I work with many people of various ethnic backgrounds. have been for over 20 years. But I will say I have a friend who's black,and you absolutely CANNOT talk to him about anything Obama has don wrong. Nothing. It's always the Republicans fault. Even bringing up the sequester situation,it's not Obama's fault. The GOP wanted this,and they're "Changing newspaper articles online" to make it seem like Obama came up with the idea.

And people wonder why this country is headed down the toilet. Facts don't matter. All that matters is supporting Obama cause he's the same color as you. Now multiply that by millions,and you see why he and his administration is so arrogant.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #774
Creator
Banned User

I shall meet you all in the FEMA camps.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #775
Handsome Rob
Prepare for Razzle-Dazzle

Subway Founder: Subway Would Not Exist if Started Today Due to Government Regulations

http://freebeacon.com/subway-founder...t-regulations/

Quote:
Deluca said the number one issue facing Subway franchisee owners is how Obamacare will impact their expenses, noting any increase in costs will be passed along to the consumer through higher prices.
Quote:
"(The environment) has gotten continually worse, because there's more and more regulations. It's tougher for people to get into business. Especially a small business. I tell you, if I started Subway today, Subway would not exist, because I had an easy time of it in the '60s when I started. I just see a continuous increase in regulation.
But what does this guy know about the best environment for business growth and development? He's not a Harvard-educated constitutional lawyer who is so thoughtful and deliberate!

After all, he's merely just a guy who founded a small business that now has more restaurants than McDonalds (Subway has the most restaurants worldwide).

Want to join the Revolution? Support the FairTax.

Closed Thread