The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #76
8wid
Banned User

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

^The KKK is really not much to worry about anymore. They were only a violent group during Reconstruction and then through a resurgence in the 1915 when The Birth of a Nation was released. Once Civil Rights legislation passed they were not much of an issue anymore.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #77
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

I would use "sleeper cells" more so than the KKK....the KKK has been so marginalized that it is pretty much null and void......but "sleeper cells" we seem to find a group monthly. Thank goodness we are finding them....

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #78
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

The KKK hasn't been relevant ever since that debacle with Clayton Bigsby.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #79
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Oh god, the Clayton Bigsby incident really destroyed those guys, for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #80
8wid
Banned User

Business Bites: Are we facing a global recession?

If Chinese and German manufacturing is decreasing think about the effects on the flow of US consumer products made cheaply in Asia and then sent overseas to stores in America. This could hurt retail, logistics, and other places of the economy in general.

This is also why I think China will not think the US is giving them enough demand or is upset they caused the start of the global recession they will start giving manufacturing precedence to their own domestic based corporations and then selling at higher prices to US businesses. The same is true for India, Thailand, and Taiwan.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #81
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Business Bites: Are we facing a global recession?

If Chinese and German manufacturing is decreasing think about the effects on the flow of US consumer products made cheaply in Asia and then sent overseas to stores in America. This could hurt retail, logistics, and other places of the economy in general.

This is also why I think China will not think the US is giving them enough demand or is upset they caused the start of the global recession they will start giving manufacturing precedence to their own domestic based corporations and then selling at higher prices to US businesses. The same is true for India, Thailand, and Taiwan.
Well hell Japan already does that too us....and the Tariffs are out the ass there....

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #82
8wid
Banned User

I think it's fair to say the days of America's lone status of being the world's biggest military and economic super power are really in the death throws here. It's been too corrupt for too long to survive on top much longer.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #83
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

You're being overly dramatic. We are far from alone when it comes to economic problems.

All major countries are making mistakes left and right.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #84
8wid
Banned User

^I didn't say we're the only major country with problems I said America is not going to be the world's economic or military superpower anymore at the end of the day.

US Federal Reserve signals future stimulus action

Last edited by 8wid; 08-02-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #85
8wid
Banned User

Postal Service on the verge of default

Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #86
8wid
Banned User

US jobs figures affected by under-employment

Old 08-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #87
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Unemployment has risen to 8.3% in July while June's numbers were revised down.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #88
dnno1
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #89
8wid
Banned User

^I love that. In order for the trickle down theory to even work your country has to have an upperclass that is willing to create jobs for the sake of the people and philanthropy and not for their own profits. It turns out in America all the rich people are just even more greedy than we imagined and the Federal government still keeps giving them handouts.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #90
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
^I love that. In order for the trickle down theory to even work your country has to have an upperclass that is willing to create jobs for the sake of the people and philanthropy and not for their own profits. It turns out in America all the rich people are just even more greedy than we imagined and the Federal government still keeps giving them handouts.

Really, all of them? Every single one of them? Wow....that is something....

Maya Angelou ...

Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #91
8wid
Banned User

^Most of them then.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #92
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
^Most of them then.
Really? Most? wow....

Maya Angelou ...

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #93
8wid
Banned User

^That one I am going to stand by even if it's 67% because if America's wealthy really wanted to end the world's problems it would have been done a long time ago.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #94
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
^That one I am going to stand by even if it's 67% because if America's wealthy really wanted to end the world's problems it would have been done a long time ago.

....ok.

Maya Angelou ...

Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #95
8wid
Banned User

Spain grapples with recession

A Eurozone bail out for Spain too?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #96
Blue Hero
Side-Kick

I haven't gone to the politics section much because I know I'd get addicted to arguing my points with everyone. However, I just started a new series on my webshow about politics and figured you guys might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5era9poO0&feature=plcp

Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #97
8wid
Banned User

US homeowners stuck in 'underwater' houses

Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #98
8wid
Banned User

Is America's high jobless rate the new normal?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #99
Belvedere
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised.

There's a good chance that the US and Western Europe might need to come to terms with a decade of high unemployment and low to no growth. We've lived off the bosom of the Chinese and artificially low credit for long enough, this might be the beginning of us weaning ourselves off it. And it might take a long time.

Sometimes I feel like we feel the high growth, low unemployment, low taxes and low interest rates are owed to us. They aren't. More and more we're seeing that politicians are pawns in a game largely dictated to by international markets and global trends.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #100
8wid
Banned User

The Federal government might as well declare a state of national emergency, we are already over 100% of the GDP to Federal debt ratio. As much as it won't get dealt with because of an election year the US is dangerously close to default and bankruptcy is already inevitable.

Closed Thread