The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #126
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Hollande deserves it

He plans to:

- create 60k teaching jobs
- cut the retirement age from 62 to 60

All the while he must meet his deficit target by cutting 12 billion this year, and 33 billion next year. All Euro and based on incredibly padded and presumptuous analysis. By presumptuous it assumes rich people will bend over and take it.

Oh the while companies are now firing people left and right thanks to his insanely stupid "making it harder to fire someone" policy coming up. And when that does, no one will hire anyone. Belgium and Switzerland is booming with wealth with the exodus of not only millionaires, but the next couple traunches of earners who are not millionaires. Tons are companies are now moving all their jobs and capital overseas.

As of right now, more than half of France's GDP comes from government spending. They will cannibalize themselves, like a snowball rolling down a mountain.

So what will happen to the vaunted social safety net?

Let them burn. Let it ****ing burn. You voted for it, reap it.
So France is like Greece in a year or two? That cool, I'm sure Luc Besson will save the country. his movies are hits yo.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #127
8wid
Banned User

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

Libor scandal: Seven banks summoned in US probe

Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #128
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Hollande deserves it

He plans to:

- create 60k teaching jobs
- cut the retirement age from 62 to 60

All the while he must meet his deficit target by cutting 12 billion this year, and 33 billion next year. All Euro and based on incredibly padded and presumptuous analysis. By presumptuous it assumes rich people will bend over and take it.

Oh the while companies are now firing people left and right thanks to his insanely stupid "making it harder to fire someone" policy coming up. And when that does, no one will hire anyone. Belgium and Switzerland is booming with wealth with the exodus of not only millionaires, but the next couple traunches of earners who are not millionaires. Tons are companies are now moving all their jobs and capital overseas.

As of right now, more than half of France's GDP comes from government spending. They will cannibalize themselves, like a snowball rolling down a mountain.

So what will happen to the vaunted social safety net?

Let them burn. Let it ****ing burn. You voted for it, reap it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #129
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I won't laugh. France going down is very bad thing, and the sad thing is that we all saw the cliff coming and warned them and they drove off anyways.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #130
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I won't laugh. France going down is very bad thing, and the sad thing is that we all saw the cliff coming and warned them and they drove off anyways.

France at one point owned the lion share of its own debt....so that is going to change drastically, then we will REALLY begin to see the impact.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #131
8wid
Banned User

Is anyone benefiting from the wealth of the super rich?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #132
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Thought this was a pretty informative, and scary piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW5IdwltaAc&feature=plcp

It lays out the problem with the budget and where the issues are with entitlements and government spending using the 2012 line items.

Last edited by NHawk19; 08-17-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #133
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator

The companies and industries in my district pay a hell of a lot of on property tax, and because of that, a VERY POOR DISTRICT, has state of the art technology and some of the most beautiful campuses in the Houston area....so yeah, I am....

Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #134
chaseter
Bland User

Warren Buffet could donate $49 billion and still live comfortably off of $1 billion. Why doesn't he do that?

That is the dumbest title for an article ever.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #135
8wid
Banned User

The US generates trillions in GDP every yer taxing the wealthy more than any other class may not generate that much of a difference in income. Although I still do believe they should be paying a lot more and the rates reduced on the middle class.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #136
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-way...fferently.html

It sounds to me like they think like sociopaths. I guess most people won't become rich for the same reason most people won't kill other people for sexual gratification.

I like how this article reinforces stereotypes of the rich while trying to down play the stereotypes. And a lot of those things rich people can only think by virtue of being rich in the first place.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #137
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator

lol, and the generalizations keep getting dumber and dumber. I think I'm losing brain cells...

Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #138
Scooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
21 Ways Rich People Think Differently

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-way...fferently.html

It sounds to me like they think like sociopaths. I guess most people won't become rich for the same reason most people won't kill other people for sexual gratification.

I like how this article reinforces stereotypes of the rich while trying to down play the stereotypes. And a lot of those things rich people can only think by virtue of being rich in the first place.
Typical average person speak. Go back to your 3000 sq ft. hovel, pleb.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #139
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Well, time to vote 3rd party guys...

The debt has passed 16Trillion today.

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/21764/61/

Romney/Obama will likely get it to 20T by 2016...then it's...OVER.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #140
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Saying rich people are all alike is just as stupid as saying all poor people are alike, but the exact same people who constantly generalize and stereotype the rich as uniformly evil get outraged when someone says all poor people are lazy bums. Either way, you're doing the exact same thing...judging someone by how much money they have.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #141
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Saying rich people are all alike is just as stupid as saying all poor people are alike, but the exact same people who constantly generalize and stereotype the rich as uniformly evil get outraged when someone says all poor people are lazy bums. Either way, you're doing the exact same thing...judging someone by how much money they have.

Schlosser the place has become a generalization crap fest....

And those that do it, simply ignore those who say it is ignorant.....what is that called....?

Oh yes, "Ignorance is Bliss".... many blissful people in this world...

Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #142
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Many blissful people in this forum.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #143
chaseter
Bland User

Haha the second reason is that the rich are more selfish. Tell that to Bill Gates.

Shoot for the stars has now become shoot for the middle.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #144
Scooter
Banned User

When Capitalists Cared

Although I'm pretty sure Henry Ford hated the Jews.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #145
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Henry Ford cared? He had his thugs threaten his workers into not unionizing. He wrote anti-Semitic and pro-Hitler newspaper articles to the point of being awarded a medal by Hermann Goering.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #146
Scooter
Banned User

Also the Jews. The point of the article is still salient though.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #147
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

...the last two posts both mentioned Ford hating Jews.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #148
Scooter
Banned User

He did hate him some Jews.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #149
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Charles Lindbergh was an anti-Semitic Nazi sympathizer too.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #150
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Haha the second reason is that the rich are more selfish. Tell that to Bill Gates.

Shoot for the stars has now become shoot for the middle.
It certainly doesn't hurt. Also, didn't Bill Gates steal the idea for windows? Something like that.

Anyway, that article is infuriating.

Closed Thread