The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
db85usa
HeHe!

Default Will there be any references to a Justice League?

Back in 2008, Iron Man was the springboard for The Avengers. Do you guys think there is any chance Man of Steel will follow suite? I think we'll see something referenced or tossed out there in MoS. Be it a cameo, a line, something. If the plan is ultimately to introduce the JL on the silver screen, I don't think there is a much better opportunity for that than MoS!

And if this happens, I think WB should do opposite of The Avengers. Instead only introduce new characters with their own films - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash. Or maybe introduce these characters together in the same universe. Perhaps there'll be a scene in MoS of a batarang?! It would be cool to hear references like, "Mr. Kent, you have a Bruce Wayne on line 3." Or something to that effect.

What do you guys think? Will MoS kick things off here? We honestly won't know until next year as WB, Snyder, Nolan could play this one close to the chest.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
protocida
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will there be any references to a Justice League?

Rumor has it there are rather vague references to the possibility of other heroes, with the more obvious one concerning Wonder Woman.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Nope not gonna happen. Unless Snyders rewrites include it which I doubt.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
protocida
Side-Kick

I don't.

WB wants it. Bad.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

If they decide to use Cavills Superman in a JL film then put little hints in a sequel otherwise leave it alone. I want a solo Superman trilogy before JL.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
protocida
Side-Kick

Don't get your hopes up for that. Everything indicates Cavill is the Superman of Will Beall's Justice League treatment that WB wants to turn into a movie by 2015 or so.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Don't get your hopes up for that. Everything indicates Cavill is the Superman of Will Beall's Justice League treatment that WB wants to turn into a movie by 2015 or so.
We'll see I still think if Man of Steel makes a bucket load they'll aim for a trology.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
protocida
Side-Kick

Of course there'll be a trilogy. But not before Justice League is made.

Iron Man method.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Of course there'll be a trilogy. But not before Justice League is made.

Iron Man method.
That's what I'm saying. I don't think WB can afford to wait 10 years for Supes to finish his run. This needs to happen soon!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I just worry that Cavill won't want to be Superman forever if he's doing a MOS trilogy and a JL trilogy that's 6 films.

I personally think JL will get postponed again cause WBs have no idea how to male this movie work.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I just worry that Cavill won't want to be Superman forever if he's doing a MOS trilogy and a JL trilogy that's 6 films.

I personally think JL will get postponed again cause WBs have no idea how to male this movie work.
I think JL hinges on the success of MoS. I think he'll be in it for the long run but who really knows?

Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Glassjaw
In training

As much as I'm all for WB building up to a JL film, I can't help but feel any references could stick out like a sore thumb if it's not handled right.

Superman should really be the first superhero in the world he's introduced to or the impact he has when the world first sees him isn't nearly as important. I wouldn't want a Batman reference here and a Wonder Woman foils robbery headline there, whilst our focus is meant to be on Kal El's journey.

What do we think the Nolans involvement will mean for any JL references/easter eggs? Obviously they were keen to keep Batman its own thing, but since this is another franchise entirely, would they have been more open to such possibilities, or would they have supported a 'just focus on just Superman' approach for now?

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

They just got done wrapping up Batman. I think they need to figure out what exactly they're going to do with him before they start putting JL references in any of Superman's films.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
They just got done wrapping up Batman. I think they need to figure out what exactly they're going to do with him before they start putting JL references in any of Superman's films.
Surely wouldn't hurt things if they went with small hints like for instance a scene of Supes flying and we see a bat or bats in the sky lol. I don't think introducing all the JL members with separate films without mentioning any of the other characters will work that well. Marvel did it right by bridging the characters together either by involving SHIELD or having a scene at the end. If anyone is going to begin the start of hinting at JL it should be Superman.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
If they decide to use Cavills Superman in a JL film then put little hints in a sequel otherwise leave it alone. I want a solo Superman trilogy before JL.
^ this.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

From all the interviews Cavill's done I dont think it will be a problem having him around as Superman, the guy seems to genuinely like playing the character and has tried to get the part in the past (and even got it in the past only to have the film scrapped in favor of Superman Returns.....).

If a Justice League film is made Cavill should be given first shot at it, now all that needs to be done is to figure out the rest of the League since Bale is gone and its extremely unlikely Reynolds will get called back as Green Lantern...so yeah....Iron Man all over again lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
db85usa
HeHe!

They can hint at a JL and still get away with more films the way Iron Man has. I really don't think WB has the time to wait 10 years for Superman to wrap things up. By that time, there may already be three total Avengers' films and the GA will see JL and be like oh goody another superhero team up! But with risk, comes reward. If they're going for a JL film, I can't imagine MoS not referencing some kind of comic book source material. Even the slightest hint of something to get the ball rolling.

Can you imagine a Superman/Batman teamup and the amount of money it would make? Someone has to bring these two legends together. If MoS doesn't light the fire, I don't know what will. The next Batman movie? I can't envision separate films introduced and then just tossing them into one single story out of the blue. Makes no sense to me and is more like a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by db85usa; 07-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.
db85usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #18
combocaz
Side-Kick

At the end of MOS they could have a man sitting in his chair in a dark room watching a whole bunch of moniters with news on superman.

Butler walks in "would you like some tea master wayne"
Bruce "not now alfred"

END.

That would establish batman not needing an origin film.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #19
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
At the end of MOS they could have a man sitting in his chair in a dark room watching a whole bunch of moniters with news on superman.

Butler walks in "would you like some tea master wayne"
Bruce "not now alfred"

END.

That would establish batman not needing an origin film.
Something like that could work, but for me I'd want to see it at the end of the credits instead of at the end of the film itself, so as to not shift the focus too far from Supes (I wouldn't want people walking out of MoS going 'holy **** Batman!' .
If they did reference Batman that heavily though, peoples heads are going to explode with anticipation

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #20
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I highly doubt it. The movie was made in a very rigid "no other heores" standpoint. Snyder has since changed his position, after filming and well into post production. But now that Bale has pretty much cemented himself as "my Batman" and he's not going to be in Justice League, I'd rather Cavill not be as well.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #21
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I heard there's a Ryan Reynolds cameo.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Just kidding.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #22
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I want a MOS trilogy, a Worlds finest film and then a JL film

Old 07-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #23
combocaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Something like that could work, but for me I'd want to see it at the end of the credits instead of at the end of the film itself, so as to not shift the focus too far from Supes (I wouldn't want people walking out of MoS going 'holy **** Batman!' .
If they did reference Batman that heavily though, peoples heads are going to explode with anticipation
Oh yea i meant after the credits .

Now lets say all that happened in MOS end credits.

Imagine MOS sequel with a final fight scene with say braniac and lex luthor, superman is too occupied fighting brainiac but luthor is up to no good elsewhere and thinking he can get away with whateva hes doing but then.......... Batman steps in out of nowhere to stop luthor and help superman in defeating brainiac( fanboys watching the movie go, "HOLY F$#K!!, ITs BATMAN!!!! wahoo!!!!")............moving along Superman - Batman saves the day....WB = win and make millions of $$$$$$$.

We have now established a brotherly friendship.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #24
sf2
Side-Kick

Superman can't even carry himself right.

sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #25
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

I think too much of a reference to JL could be a bad thing....
Superman has to stand on his own two feet before we put the weight of Justice League onto his shoulders.

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote