The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #51
Mandalore464
New User

Default Re: The CHRISTIAN BALE thread!

Edit : Deleted

Last edited by Mandalore464; 10-18-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #52
ComicStalker
Side-Kick

I dont believe that he was heavier for TDKR than BB. He looked beefy in BB in a good way.
One of the things that really bothers me is that big mole he has in the corner of one of his eyes between his nose and eye. I swear it disappeared for a scene or 2 in TDKR. Is that something he really has? Or was it a prosthetic? To make him look older and more disheveled? If its real, I cannot see why he wouldnt get it cut off by a surgeon. Im surprised it hasn't made him cross eyed yet. He's gotta be able to see it out of the corner of his eye.

ComicStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #53
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

It's not a prosthetic. You can really notice it in Terminator: Salvation.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #54
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStalker View Post
One of the things that really bothers me is that big mole he has in the corner of one of his eyes between his nose and eye. I swear it disappeared for a scene or 2 in TDKR. Is that something he really has? Or was it a prosthetic? To make him look older and more disheveled? If its real, I cannot see why he wouldnt get it cut off by a surgeon. Im surprised it hasn't made him cross eyed yet. He's gotta be able to see it out of the corner of his eye.
That was made fun of in this video:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I honestly never caught it until I watched this. Hilarious.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #55
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Starring Los Pollos Hermanos! LMAO!!!!

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #56
ComicStalker
Side-Kick

Why doesnt he get that removed? It cant cost that much. And besides. He's got Batman Money...
Just like the honest trailer says. Once you notice that mole you cannot help but see it every time after.
Reminds me of Austin Powers, Moley moley mole mole.......... mole!

ComicStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #57
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed O:

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #58
Vengeance of Bane
Side-Kick

Christian Bale set to star in Todd Field's The Creed Of Violence

Will play a Mexican revolution-era assassin

Quote:
Christian Bale is in a good place career-wise, and not just because of the impressive box-office performance of his last Bat-movie, The Dark Knight Rises.

He has recently completed shooting on revenge thriller Out Of The Furnace, as well on working two new movies with his The New World director Terrence Malick (who's in danger of losing his mystique if he doesn't slow down a notch).

And now Variety is reporting that Bale is in early negotiations to add Todd Field's The Creed Of Violence to his schedule, tackling a role once linked to Leonardo DiCaprio.

Based on a novel by Boston Teran, Creed is set in 1910, and follows the uneasy alliance between assassin Rawbone (the Bale part) and FBI noob John Lourdes. According to the novel's synopsis, it's "set against a backdrop of intrigue and corruption… a saga about the scars of abandonment, the greed of war and America's history of foreign intervention for the sake of oil."

Could be a rich blend of gritty period violence with a side order of political allegory then.

Field only has two features to his name as a director, In The Bedroom and Little Children. Both are keenly observed relationship dramas that visit dark places, so Creed could be an interesting match for him.

Don't expect to see this one before 2014 though.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/christ...ed-of-violence

Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #59
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Awesome news. I'm a big fan of Field's other two movies and this one sounds really interesting too.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #60
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Curious, what do you guys think was Bale's BEST performance? There have been so many great ones, it's tough for me to pick. Some of my favorites though...
Here's how i rank my favorite ones:
- American Psycho: should have been his first Academy Award nomination (at least) in my opinion.
- The Fighter: his psychical transformation was incredible, but i just loved the heart of the character. Despite his flaws, he managed to portray Dicky in such a compelling way that i just couldnt help rooting for him.
- Empire of the Sun: an amazing performance, especially for someone so young. He carried the movie convincingly.
- The Prestige: by far my favorite collaboration of Christian with Nolan. He played both characters beautifully, even if it takes multiple viewings to capture the subtle differences after u find out about the "twist" lol.
- Rescue Dawn: another performance that i love. His portrayal of Dieter was just compelling and powerful to me.
- 3:10 to Yuma: i just loved the Bale-Crowe combination, and thought Bale's performance was brilliant. He plays the wounded, desperate determined man very well lol.
- Flowers of War: i didnt expect this movie to grab me as much as it did, and i thought it was such a powerful story... Bale's performance once again brought me to tears in some scenes. Simply beautiful.
- The New World: i dont like this movie much lol, but Christian's portrayal of John Rolfe is so sweet and gentle... one of my favorites for sure.
- Batman Begins: by far my favorite portrayal of Batman/Bruce Wayne. To this day this movie remains my favorite Batman movie, and Christian has a lot to do with that.
-The Machinist: i dont think i need to explain this one much. His transformation was outstanding, and i dont just mean physically.

Other performances of his that i love: Equilibrium, Reign of Fire, Velvet Goldmine, Little Women.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #61
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

He must play John Marston if there will be Red Dead Redemption movie.

Last edited by Baneis8feettall; 08-04-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #62
Mandalore464
New User

Edit : Deleted

Last edited by Mandalore464; 10-18-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #63
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance of Bane View Post
Christian Bale set to star in Todd Field's The Creed Of Violence

Will play a Mexican revolution-era assassin

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/christ...ed-of-violence
Leonardo DiCaprio was attached to this for a while so hopefully we can get to see him and Bale on screen together.

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #64
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

DiCaprio and Bale making a movie i would love this Wow

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #65
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

He's starring in a Leo DiCaprio produced movie called Out Of The Furnace soon.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #66
kvz5
HBIC

Todd Field is an actor's directors and has brought out (arguably) career best performances out of his actors. Can't wait to see what he does with Bale. He won't win anytime soon but I always thought Bale will get another Oscar nod (this time for Best Lead Actor) in the next few years or so now that he's on their radar. This might be it. I hope that casting news pans out.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #67
Rob Lobo
Side-Kick

This is underrated and I still can't believe that Bale can swing to Big-Band music!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #68
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

^ lol Honest Trailers are friggin awesome. I'm looking forward to Bale's future performances, he's among the few who can just disappear into the roles. A lot of films portray characters that have a specific swagger or personality, to the point where it's extremely in-your-face. It's great, and I suppose it helps both the audience and the filmmakers to latch onto the world of the film from the get-go, but those are the kind of in-your-face swagger/personalities that you don't really see in everyday interaction. Because, no matter how you put it, people do tend to have more than one emotional personality, and Bale, i believe, manages to capture that layer in all of his performances to date. Even in Equilibrium where you have Preston the hard-ass with a face like a mask breaking away through the film. It wasn't the most original or best film ever made, but Bale's subtlety and ability to show a real human being (instead of a character-type) truly shined in it.

Another favourite performance from him is in Harsh Times.

Actually scratch that, I don't think I disliked any of his performances. Fact that the guy has played the definitive Batman just adds to it all.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #69
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

He was also really good in Laurel Canyon, a movie that no one saw yet is always on TV, haha.

Hell, he even made Shaft almost watchable. Almost.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #70
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

I've loved everything he's done. Except for Terminator. I felt like I was just watching him yell and be angry for a couple hours.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #71
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Has anyone read the biography written by his former publicist? I'm interested in opinions on it

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #72
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

Man I still like Bale a lot and I still wanna see him in a friggin COMEDY!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #73
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

^ I thought American Psycho was pretty funny

just joking. Yeah He'd be great in a comedy. I always wanted to see him with Natalie Portman -- isn't he starring with her in an upcoming film?

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #74
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Did anyone read Totalfilm's article on Bale?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/wo...christian-bale

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #75
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Did anyone read Totalfilm's article on Bale?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/wo...christian-bale
Nice! I don't agree with some of their rankings though.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote