The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #76
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Default Re: The CHRISTIAN BALE thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
He was also really good in Laurel Canyon, a movie that no one saw yet is always on TV, haha.

Hell, he even made Shaft almost watchable. Almost.
I keep forgetting he was one of the bad guys in Shaft, haha.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #77
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
^ I thought American Psycho was pretty funny

just joking. Yeah He'd be great in a comedy. I always wanted to see him with Natalie Portman -- isn't he starring with her in an upcoming film?
I think AP is quite funny myself, but i do have an odd sense of humor, so . But to me it's a dark comedy.

And yeah, he's making two movies with Natalie actually, two Mallick films.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #78
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I remember Bale in Henry the 5th. He has a scene with Dame Judi Dench. I forgot he was in a midsummer night's dream.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #79
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Nice! I don't agree with some of their rankings though.
Yeah American Psycho should been number one. The best Bale performance. BB second in my opinion.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #80
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Got this from another thread

[

Old 08-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #81
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

As far as I am concerned Christian Bale can do no wrong.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #82
ZOMBIE
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Yeah American Psycho should been number one. The best Bale performance. BB second in my opinion.

The Machinist is pure brilliance from Bale. He's given us some fantastic performances.

ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #83
ZOMBIE
Side-Kick

Quote:
DiCaprio and Bale making a movie i would love this Wow
Quoted for truth.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #84
ZOMBIE
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Got this from another thread

[

Can you imagine a night out withhim, be a right laugh.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #85
bullets
bang bang

Bale is one of the best working actors today. I thought his performance in The Fighter rivaled Deniro's Jake LaMotta. I'm always looking forward to what he does next.

I thought he was really good in Harsh Times. I can only imagine what it took to get in the mindset of Jim Davis for the film. A lot of people think he was intense as John Connor. This performance blew that out of the water for me.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #86
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

problem with john connor was in the script. i remember reading that the role originally was peripheral instead of central, and bale brought Jonah Nolan to rewrite it, the third act, and give Connor a more palpable role. Thing is, i personally would've preferred the first, it might've been a creative blunder on both Jonah and Bale's part, but the final fall has to be McG's. It was his movie after all.

Bale shined in three of the scenes that I recall from T4 (and i must've seen it just once): the bit where he confronts Worthington ("we've been at war since either of us ever existed," ); the one where he's talking over the radio like a prophet ("this is John Connor..." / "If we stay the course we are all dead" ) and the bridge scene where he takes down the terminators with Guns N' Roses' You Could be Mine blasting away. That was pure class. And something you expected from future John Connor

Say what you will, Salvation was a good enough sequel to James Cameron's films. It was as full of holes as the T-1000 but it was a fun sequel that lived unfortunately, lived only on references and allusions (Arnold scene -- memorable? Sure. It's an uncanny moment for John confronting the face from the past, knowing well this could be his end. But memorable because it's a T4 moment? No.)

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #87
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Say what you will, Salvation was a good enough sequel to James Cameron's films. It was as full of holes as the T-1000 but it was a fun sequel that lived unfortunately, lived only on references and allusions (Arnold scene -- memorable? Sure. It's an uncanny moment for John confronting the face from the past, knowing well this could be his end. But memorable because it's a T4 moment? No.)
Salvation was an abortion of a movie.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #88
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
problem with john connor was in the script. i remember reading that the role originally was peripheral instead of central, and bale brought Jonah Nolan to rewrite it, the third act, and give Connor a more palpable role. Thing is, i personally would've preferred the first, it might've been a creative blunder on both Jonah and Bale's part, but the final fall has to be McG's. It was his movie after all.

Bale shined in three of the scenes that I recall from T4 (and i must've seen it just once): the bit where he confronts Worthington ("we've been at war since either of us ever existed," ); the one where he's talking over the radio like a prophet ("this is John Connor..." / "If we stay the course we are all dead" ) and the bridge scene where he takes down the terminators with Guns N' Roses' You Could be Mine blasting away. That was pure class. And something you expected from future John Connor

I hated T4 for many reasons. I'll keep it Terminator threads. But from Christian Bale's part.. I have never seen a great actor's talent wasted in such movie.

They wrote John Connor as B movie hero..and they made new cyborg more complex heroic character for sleazy reasons which i'm glad it didn't work.

I don't know why he wanted to be in a Terminator movie. He could find better movie for money or popularity.

He should have attacked McG.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #89
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Bale is one of the best working actors today. I thought his performance in The Fighter rivaled Deniro's Jake LaMotta. I'm always looking forward to what he does next.

I thought he was really good in Harsh Times. I can only imagine what it took to get in the mindset of Jim Davis for the film. A lot of people think he was intense as John Connor. This performance blew that out of the water for me.
He was great as Jim Davis. He always gives great performances. Unfortunatelly he is usually in small movies that not have great recognition.

If he was able to work with academy favorite movie makers he could be a legend at this age.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #90
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:

Old 08-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #91
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
He was great as Jim Davis. He always gives great performances. Unfortunatelly he is usually in small movies that not have great recognition.

If he was able to work with academy favorite movie makers he could be a legend at this age.
Yeah, I've seen him give better performances than nominated performances but the thing is, the movies he has done were not released at the right time or were not exactly backed by the distributor during the awards season. The Fighter was a perfect storm for him. Incredible performance in an awards friendly movie pushed by the studio. I have a feeling though that after his Oscar win and TDKR, the studios/distributors are now considering all of his movies for awards consideration since he's now on the radar of the academy.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #92
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Salvation was an abortion of a movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
I hated T4 for many reasons. I'll keep it Terminator threads. But from Christian Bale's part.. I have never seen a great actor's talent wasted in such movie.

They wrote John Connor as B movie hero..and they made new cyborg more complex heroic character for sleazy reasons which i'm glad it didn't work.

I don't know why he wanted to be in a Terminator movie. He could find better movie for money or popularity.

He should have attacked McG.
I agree. Don't get me wrong i still think it's a poor sod of a film in the face of Hollywood. I put it next to the Bay films. Just tryin' to find some good things from it, at least on Bale's part.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #93
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Laurel Canyon has such an amazing beginning too.

If you don't know why. Watch it. Now.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #94
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #95
kvz5
HBIC

From Tumblr... Dunno what movie though.

(there's another GIF in the set but I don't think I can post it since he said the B word)

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #96
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Regarding the Bale/T4 stuff... that movie really needed a different script altogether. Not just rewrites. They should have gone with a completely different story... one where John Connor was central, and there was no stupid Marcus Wright the Wraith Terminator character. I'm still scratching my head why they wrote a movie about a character no one knew and no one cared about, when they should have made John Connor the central focus from the get-go. The audience (I think) wanted to see WHY this guy was revered as such an epic hero. They wanted to see WHY the Terminators were so afraid of him that they sent assassins back in time to kill him.

But no, screw that... let's make him a background character and focus on some douchebag murderer with a metal skeleton because T2 and T3 made a ton of money and we're afraid that audiences won't like a movie without some type of Terminator as the hero.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #97
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

the swaggiest thread , right hurr.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #98
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I just watched T4 for the first time. I was expecting it to be ssssoooooo bad, that it turned out to be o.k to me. The only two things i hated was Worthington and Moon Blood... whats her name..who sucks as an actress. Bale made an admirable Connors though.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #99
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Moon Bloodgoodshyamalandingdong.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #100
Lasirius
Tarifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I just watched T4 for the first time. I was expecting it to be ssssoooooo bad, that it turned out to be o.k to me. The only two things i hated was Worthington and Moon Blood... whats her name..who sucks as an actress. Bale made an admirable Connors though.
Agree, I didn't think Salvation was that horrible and it turned out to be enjoyable. Didn't care for Worthington but that Moon lady annoyed me.