The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #276
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

I'm sure for the comic book fans they'll work in a sly reference to Thunderfrog in the movie.

*Anyone else think that this may have subliminally inspired Eastman and Laird to create the Ninja Turtles?*

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-19-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: I work for Belethor.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #277
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Call me a optimist or even a bias fan.lol, but IF one MAJOR MCU character (hero) were to be killed off by the end of the entire franchise of the MCU, if there was anyone that I'd feel would be safe and be a survivor from all of the crap that would be thrown towards the hero's way, I would think for it to be Thor. Idk why, but after everything that I've read and heard about the character, Thor is definitely a kind of character that I could see living (surviving) the longest after everything is said and done.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #278
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Of those, I'd be happy with the journey to Hel. Surtur needs to wait until the third movie and I'm not interested in seeing Bill yet. Thor needs to be the only one wielding Mjolnir for now. Otherwise, he doesn't seem as unique.
Agreed, the journey to Hel is what I want for Thor 2 with Surtur being saved for Thor III.

I don't wanna see Beta Ray Bill or Thunderfrog anytime soon, I wanna keep Thor unique and I don't want him to turn into a "joke".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #279
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

I'd actually love to see Throg as like a brief cameo just as a nod to comic fans that immediately recognise him. Some sort of crazy fight scene with someones magic going wild and Thor transforms just for a few seconds.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #280
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

That would be too silly imo. I'd rather they kept Frog Thor out of the movies completely.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #281
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Just have Hemsworth give a funny passing look at a frog in one of the nine realms
The fans'll get it

Old 08-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #282
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
I'd actually love to see Throg as like a brief cameo just as a nod to comic fans that immediately recognise him. Some sort of crazy fight scene with someones magic going wild and Thor transforms just for a few seconds.
Hey what episode was Frog of thunder on EMH? I can't view anything but you tube and I have no cable

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #283
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Hey what episode was Frog of thunder on EMH? I can't view anything but you tube and I have no cable

That was Ultimate Spider-Man. That episode is called 'Field Trip' for Throg

Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #284
Danalys
Sol Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
OMG I never thought about it that way, but that would be awesome. Loki's caged scene with Widow was actually kinda similar to Lechter now that you mention it.
he also had an affinity for the classical and maiming the upper crust.

but if it was loki and widow it would have been called the silence of the burning children.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #285
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
He wasn't, he guest starred on an ep of that new ultimate Spider man cartoon called feild trip.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #286
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Not gonna lie.. I do not want to see the Thunderfrog...ever.
Completely agree. They can keep that garbage.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #287
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Just have Hemsworth give a funny passing look at a frog in one of the nine realms
The fans'll get it
That would be great, I could see that happening.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #288
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That would be great, I could see that happening.
Me too haha. It would be a nice little treat, and only some of us would get it

Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #289
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
The fans'll get it
That would be pretty awesome.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #290
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Kat Dennings will return for Thor 2, have expanded role:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/kat-...he-dark-world/

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #291
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Cool I guess. I couldn't care less about her character. But I hope she's more than just comic relief in the sequel.

Last edited by rashad; 08-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #292
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Well she certainly has "expanded" since the last movie. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seriously though, I thought she was pretty good in Thor. Nothing wrong with comic relief.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #293
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Assuming that there are actually scenes showing Thor coming to Earth to reunite with Jane, let alone to take her back to Asgard, I wonder if we'll get a scene where Thor is walking in the public (outdoors), like he did in "Thor", and with everyone on the street noticing him from the news footage of the events from NYC. By all accounts, "The Avengers" gave the distinct impression that Thor has been established as a known Earth Hero to the world.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #294
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

My guess is that a plot involving Hel would invite too many quasi-religious issues from Marvel's perspective. Don't see them going there. Id like it just fine.

Im still expecting most of the action to take place on Earth, regardless of the rumors/hints. That would be my preference. Guess that means I'm not a true Thor fan. I admit he's my least favorite Avenger, though I really enjoyed his solo movie as well as his scenes in TA. I just don't find the movie version of Asgard all that interesting. It looks like an Alan Lee illustration. Maybe I'm weird. I like the interaction of an otherwordly character with human characters and situations.

Ironcally, Im actually quite interested in Norse/Germanic mythology and history. But I find the Marvel comic take on it a bit tedious at times. Id love it if they did something similar to what Azzarello is doing with Greek mythology in his run on Wonder Woman. Been a while since I read a Thor comic, so maybe I should revisit. Wrong forum for this I guess.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 08-21-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #295
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Assuming that there are actually scenes showing Thor coming to Earth to reunite with Jane, let alone to take her back to Asgard, I wonder if we'll get a scene where Thor is walking in the public (outdoors), like he did in "Thor", and with everyone on the street noticing him from the news footage of the events from NYC. By all accounts, "The Avengers" gave the distinct impression that Thor has been established as a known Earth Hero to the world.
I sure hope so Herolee, I really hope so.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #296
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Suck it all you Kat Dennings haters

But seriously, I'm sure her character will be better written this time and more appreciated by the audience.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #297
Flemm
Side-Kick

I liked her in the original movie. It wasn't a great movie, but it got by on the fact that it had a charming cast. She was part of that.

So, I think it's good that she's back. Ideally, I'd like to see her end up in Asgard with Jane, to basically reverse the situation from the first movie.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #298
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

More darcy Is major fail for me.Th earth part especilly any scene with her were weakest
part of film.Terrable Idea her being In sequel.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #299
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Her AND Levi? Ugh.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #300
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Kat Dennings will return for Thor 2, have expanded role:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/kat-...he-dark-world/
*sigh*

Unless she shows her tits, this is a waste of space in the movie...more terrible comedy relief.

Closed Thread