The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #301
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Where's the optimism? You guys are acting like you've already seen the mov- oh yeah, I forgot this is SuperHeroHype...

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #302
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Charming Large-Breasted Girl Joins Thor: TDW, Fans Cancel Ticket Preorders

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #303
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Where's the optimism? You guys are acting like you've already seen the mov- oh yeah, I forgot this is SuperHeroHype...
Yeah. It baffles me why people aren't optimistic for a character they don't like once again appearing portrayed by an actress they don't like.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #304
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Do you really think her character is going to change her personality all of a sudden for the sequel?

I enjoy comedy in my comic films but hers was pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Yeah. It baffles me why people aren't optimistic for a character they don't like once again appearing portrayed by an actress they don't like.
Funny thing is I don't hate her as an actress. I've seen her in a few other things and thought she was good...and cute.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #305
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For me It Isn't about hating the actress It's about hating the character.She served absoletly no purpose.The character was just dumb Comic relief.

The Asgard scenes were best of first film.She was major reason I didn't like the earth scenes.And expanded role for her could mean she joins Jane Into going to Asgard.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #306
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
People ended up liking Catwoman despite their dislike for Anne Hathaway... It's all about the writing and direction. Kat Dennings in Nick & Norah is miles different then her in 2 Broke Girls which is also different than her in Defendor. I'm sure the writer is aware the some of the audience didn't take too well to her comedy stylings in the first movie, there's a lot of room for growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
For me It Isn't about hating the actress It's about hating the character.She served absoletly no purpose.The character was just dumb Comic relief.

The Asgard scenes were best of first film.She was major reason I didn't like the earth scenes.And expanded role for her could mean she joins Jane Into going to Asgard.
Good thing she's not a character from the comics and can therefore go in many different directions. Not to mention Selvig didn't serve any more purpose than she did.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #307
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I doubt Darcy will have more than a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo. The bulk of this movie takes place on other planes of existence, or at least other distant planets (they still haven't sorted out the fantasy from the sci-fi yet in Thor), not on Earth, and there's not a chance in Hela that Kat Dennings will accompany Thor and Jane on their magical mystery tour.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #308
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

This film was dangerously close to not giving people anything to ***** about.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #309
steintym
Stay Frosty

I honestly didn't mind her character as much as most. I really didn't think her "comic relief" moments were that distracting.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #310
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I don't care for her, but the direction of this film tells me we may not see as much of her this time.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #311
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
This film was dangerously close to not giving people anything to ***** about.
Yep too but that come to an abrubt end and what's with not having an avi Whiskey?

I don't like it one bit, I'm gonna have to ask you to get an avi dammit!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #312
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

I don't mind Kat Dennings at all, as long as there isn't a huge focus on her character.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #313
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Exactly, people are saying she ruined the first film for them and that's complete BS. If the movie was ruined for you then it's because you didn't like the movie, Darcy Lewis didn't have a big enough impact to ruin it. The most she could be is a minor annoyance, which plenty of movies have. Besides, if you had that big a problem with her then it can only get better from here right?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #314
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yep too but that come to an abrubt end and what's with not having an avi Whiskey?

I don't like it one bit, I'm gonna have to ask you to get an avi dammit!
Yeah I have a hard time spotting my own posts when I scroll lol. I need to decide on one.

- Ryōkan

Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #315
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

The Avengers blooper reel is online. Not a lot of Thor, but a funny scene of him mishandling mjolnir.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #316
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
The Avengers blooper reel is online. Not a lot of Thor, but a funny scene of him mishandling mjolnir.
I liked Cobie's "COULSOOOOON!" routine.

- Ryōkan

Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #317
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Talking Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I liked Cobie's "COULSOOOOON!" routine.
That cracked me up. And Banner running away.

One more week and I'll be able to watch it over and over and over ...!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #318
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

At first, I did not appreciate Darcy on the viewing of Thor in the theater. When I watched the BD, when it was released, I was laughing at every gag ("where's my taser?")

Looking back, I saw the film after a bad day of work as a historical re-enactor/tour guide. It is interesting how external circumstances influence viewings.

Returning to topic, I am looking forward to seeing Selvig and Darcy in the film, even for a few minutes.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #319
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
More darcy Is major fail for me.Th earth part especilly any scene with her were weakest
part of film.Terrable Idea her being In sequel.
I really dont care one way or the other. I don't mind her comic relief. Although, I just counted she had about 14 lines which is probably twice as many as she shouldve.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #320
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Charming Large-Breasted Girl Joins Thor: TDW, Fans Cancel Ticket Preorders
Seriously, what is the problem with Kat Dennings? Her performance in Thor wasn't bad and she did the best she could with the lines they wrote for her.
Darcy was a comic relief character. Was it necessary to have one? Some say no. Others say it helped to ground the scenes on Earth somewhat and I agree.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #321
Donut
Side-Kick

My reaction to Darcy coming back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #322
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I doubt Darcy will have more than a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo. The bulk of this movie takes place on other planes of existence, or at least other distant planets (they still haven't sorted out the fantasy from the sci-fi yet in Thor), not on Earth, and there's not a chance in HELA that Kat Dennings will accompany Thor and Jane on their magical mystery tour.
unless she is HELA!!

Lol just JOKING!!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #323
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Exactly, people are saying she ruined the first film for them and that's complete BS. If the movie was ruined for you then it's because you didn't like the movie, Darcy Lewis didn't have a big enough impact to ruin it. The most she could be is a minor annoyance, which plenty of movies have. Besides, if you had that big a problem with her then it can only get better from here right?
Who said she ruined the movie?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #324
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
unless she is HELA!!

Lol just JOKING!!
That rumor is actually picking up steam at some sites .
I dont believe it either though.
Her coming back isnt that shocking.
They usually try to bring back as much of the original cast as possible .

Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #325
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I doubt Darcy will have more than a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo. The bulk of this movie takes place on other planes of existence, or at least other distant planets (they still haven't sorted out the fantasy from the sci-fi yet in Thor), not on Earth, and there's not a chance in Hela that Kat Dennings will accompany Thor and Jane on their magical mystery tour.

Darcy is going to Asgard. Bet on it. She's going to take her comedy act on the road, this time playing the "fish out of water" role that Thor played in the first movie. She'll do her MPDG routine right in Odin's throne room this time, pointing out the obvious differences from earth in a "humorous" way.

The guys who think her boobs are going to be making a guest appearance should consider how covered up she was in Thor. It's a lot colder in parts of Asgard, so you probably won't even get a peak.

I had hoped there would be less comedy in the sequel, rather than more. Maybe Malekith will show her that a sword trumps a taser in the Nine Realms.

Closed Thread